Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool Goal of the year 2007

Read 8819 times
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Liverpool Goal of the year 2007
      Dec 21, 2007 09:54:05 pm
      Its the end of the year. And so I want to know what you think our best goal was this year. Remember to put the team we played, the result (if known) and who was home (again if you know.)
      So I'll get us started then: Jermaine Pennant: LIVERPOOL v. Chelsea (2:0)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Liverpool Goal of the year 2007
      Reply #1: Dec 21, 2007 09:58:28 pm
      I'd have to go with the torres goal against marseille. just oozed class and shows what he's all about. 

« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2007 10:36:35 pm by lil cisse »
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #2: Dec 21, 2007 10:08:13 pm
      I liked Crouch v Bolton on new years day 4-0 im sure there are others but off the top of my head id choose that 1.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #3: Dec 22, 2007 03:59:54 am
      I liked Crouch v Bolton on new years day 4-0 im sure there are others but off the top of my head id choose that 1.
      I'm with you, he showed that his first one againest Galatasaray wasn't a fluke, it was just great placement as well, unfortunatly i was away so i couldn't watch the game live.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Dec 22, 2007 07:59:53 am
      I'd have to go with the torres goal against marseille. just oozed class and shows what he's all about. 

I agree Torres had 5 defenders around him at the time and no one could get near him.As you say pure class,he reminded me of a certain Kenny Dalglish the way he shielded the ball and scored.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #5: Dec 22, 2007 11:28:50 am
      For me it would have to be our Fernando's one against the chavs, that wonderful pass from SG and the way he tucks it into the corner was fabulous.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #6: Dec 23, 2007 09:47:41 am
      Torres v Chav$ki - top, top class - broke Ben Haims waist.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #7: Dec 23, 2007 12:15:20 pm
      Steven Gerrard vs Aston Villa
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #8: Dec 23, 2007 01:30:22 pm
      There have been so many fantastic goals this year... Fantastic team play and individual skill, one touch football and audacious shots - I would really struggle to pick out one from the bunch.
      Here is a small compilation of my favourites this year with a brief description why...

Yossi Benayoun v Besiktas

The 1st goal of Yossi's hat trick v Besiktas was from fantastic team play involving Risse, Veronin and Yossi. With the ball out for a throw in (to Besiktas  ;)) Risse had the awareness to catch not only the officials but the Besiktas defence (for want of a better word!) fast asleep. He launched the ball down the left wing to Veronin in an advanced position. One touch to turn inside his marker and another to cross to Benny who in turn controlled well before unleashing an unstoppable half volley into the Bessiktas net! Fantastic team goal!

Fernando Torres v Reading

Brilliant counter attacking football from Liverpool. Gerrard sets up Torres who catches the Reading defence napping. With his pace and awareness he side steps the keeper to complete his 1st Liverpool hat-trick! Awesome player, great goal!

Ryan Babel v Besiktas

An audacious back heel flick from Babel showing great skill and flair to increase the already impressive scoreline v Besiktas - 6-0 at this point with 2 more to follow!  ;)

Yossi Benayoun v Reading

A fantastic, ambitious and audacious debut goal from our Israeli international!

Oh so many to chose from but as Edu has correctly pointed out this has to be the winner:

Steven Gerrard v Aston Villa

Obviously the 1st game of the season is a must win game, for morale and confidence and ultimately for the 3 points! In a tight game away to Villa the clock was ticking down to the full 90 mins and we had a free kick 25 yards out. Cometh the hour cometh the man... Captain Fantastic Stevie G secures victory with a pin point shot in to the top right hand corner and it's game over!

I have missed so many other great and crucial goals but each is as important as the last, they all look good with a Liver Bird on my chest!  ;)

:) Merry Christmas from RED1028 :)

Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #9: Dec 23, 2007 03:27:47 pm
      Me, I vote for Steven Gerrard's goal against Aston Villa, That's the best goal I ever seen in my life (beside Beckham's goal from the center line, long time ago, I don't remember who as the opponent), Who would have thought that can be a goal! The commentor keep reapting:"fantastic goal from from fantastic captain Steven Gerrard!" Man! That's just like a miracle!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #10: Dec 23, 2007 10:16:40 pm
      One thing to remember that doesnt get anywhere near the praise it deserves, Ryan Babels goal against Newcastle. i ask everyone to cast their minds back to the last world cup, Argentina vs Serbia and argentina make 24 consecutive passes and then score a fantastic goal. Now i know Argentina made more passes than us but to be fair the opposition wasnt that good. Leading up to Babels goal against Newcastle we retained possesion superbly and made 17 consecutive passes and scored at the end of it, i think this was an amazing team goal away and against a team that isnt really one that can be considered a pushover. Now had Arsenal or Man u scored this i believe we would never have heard the end of it but us scoring it we never seemed to get the credit due for that goal. i think this is a contender for Liverpools goal of 2007 aswell.
      liverpooldan87
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts | 10 
      Reply #11: Dec 24, 2007 01:09:50 am
      Torres' goal against Chelsea in the 1-1 draw at the beginning of the season was a great finish, as well as being an important one. I loved the way he glided past Ben Haim as if he wasn't even there and stuck the ball past Cech from such a tight angle, really classy.

Also, Gerrard's against Newcastle a couple of weeks ago. He wasn't even paying attention when the free kick was laid off the him yet managed to smash it home from somewhere near the half way line against a decent keeper.

For brute force, I'd go with Gerrard, for class and finesse, Torres.

Quick Reply