Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Result against the scum?  (You must be logged in to vote)

Liverpool hand United a lesson. Reds win.
      (75.9%)
      Unsatisfyng draw
      (7.6%)
      United buy the ref and beat us
      (3.8%)
      Match postponed because Gary Neville's got plans with his brother, father and mother.
      (12.7%)

Liverpool v Man Utd (Sun 16 Dec 1.30pm)

Read 35272 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Liverpool v Man Utd (Sun 16 Dec 1.30pm)
      Reply #23: Dec 12, 2007 03:33:21 pm
      PS. Best of luck Rafa with your interview/meet!! don't take any wooden nickles of those two"septics"

I think Gillette's (Sr and Jr) hearts are in the club/"franchise"... maybe unlike Hicks (who was brought in lastminute.com style to make up the number$ vs the Dubai bid).

I suspect Rafa will have a brilliant meeting with the yanks... he is much better face to face... will probably impress more than Parry!

Haven't heard much from Parry recently have we?
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #24: Dec 12, 2007 03:41:35 pm

Once the T's have been crossed and the I's dotted on the stadium sager, then I can see Parry being surplus to requirements and JNR taking over.
      Still I can't be to hard on Parry cos he's always got one saving grace - he discovered our Manager!!!!
      (Apologies for straying of topic)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #25: Dec 12, 2007 03:43:37 pm

Some things never change!... ::)

:lmao:
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #26: Dec 12, 2007 03:48:14 pm
      Once the T's have been crossed and the I's dotted on the stadium sager, then I can see Parry being surplus to requirements and JNR taking over.
      Still I can't be to hard on Parry cos he's always got one saving grace - he discovered our Manager!!!!
      (Apologies for straying of topic)

Top comments, 101% in agreement on both counts.

He is probably already looking for another job...

He won't be short of a penny though, was paid handsomely as Premiership CEO (and at LFC too from what I've heard) ...and I'm sure Mr Moores will be (or has already) deposited a nice healthy bonus towards the Parry family Christmas fund (off-shore probably too... doesn't your heart bleed for the guy?) for brokering the buy-out process/bids.

Hope Gillette is wearing a nice white beard to go with the rest of the Santa looks... we could do with a Masch needed gift for Christmas... nice front-row Villa would be nice too!!
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #27: Dec 12, 2007 04:26:52 pm
      Sorry to be the pissamist here but I think this will be a 0-0 draw as both teams may well keep tight at the back, however if Torres can make room from a long ball we may win it. But I feel a very cautious approach from both managers will see honours ending even in this one. My team for this

carragher
      carragher carragher carragher carragher
                     carragher
         carragher            carragher
                     carragher
        carragher
                     carragher

Nice team, although Rafa will probably rotate some of those players you know, I think that Liverpool will win 2-0, I would actually prefer to fo what they did in the smash and grab last season - love to soak up pressure, and then score in injury time to win 1-0, wouldn't that be sweet. Even sweeter if we got Heinze and he scored the winner but life goes on...
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #28: Dec 12, 2007 04:28:36 pm
      Hope Gillette is wearing a nice white beard to go with the rest of the Santa looks... we could do with a Masch needed gift for Christmas... nice front-row Villa would be nice too!!

HO HO HO!
      Cy
      Reply #29: Dec 12, 2007 08:25:39 pm
      I can't wait either for this game, this is probably the most important game of the season so far, Marseille was important in it's own right but nothing like this. I really hope we could pass them 4 but realistically I would take a 1-0 victory. 2-1 with a last 30 yards screamer from........Steve off course.

solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #30: Dec 12, 2007 09:52:23 pm
      Liverpool's Xabi back for Man Utd clash
      tribalfooball.com - December 11, 2007

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has a chance of returning to the squad against Manchester United on Sunday.
      But Daniel Agger is unlikely to play before the home match against Portsmouth on December 22. Both players suffered metatarsal fractures in September.

That would give more options in the midfield. I really think Mascherano should start.
      SuperJon
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 105 posts |
      Reply #31: Dec 12, 2007 11:42:11 pm
      Great.  The game's not on in the States.  They're showing Arsenal/Chelsea instead.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #32: Dec 13, 2007 12:53:49 am
      Great.  The game's not on in the States.  They're showing Arsenal/Chelsea instead.

:D I know why you are saying that mate. You should tune in to the forum then if you're not too hungover? ;)

Very tight game this I reckon. Don't think they'll be defending too far up the pitch with the fear of Torres exposing their defence for what it really is. So I can see us having a good bit of possesion no doubt, just hope we use it as best as we can. I'd probably have the same team as Tuesday but replace Kuyt with Crouch and Riise for Finnan. I just don't trust Riise in the league anymore and Crouch offers problems with his presence and might draw them out to make space for Torres.

It's a bigger and tougher game than Tuesday. No doubt about it, we need to use all of our pitch and keep our passing to a high level. We'll beat them if we stay focused.
      bigredarmy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      Reply #33: Dec 13, 2007 05:31:21 am
      hoping for the same team vs. marseille, maybe change kuyt for crouch, and finan & arbeloa as our full backs. 

come on boys, beating the scum would be the best birthday present for me.
      phat2kingz
      • On Trial

• 4 posts | -1 
      Reply #34: Dec 13, 2007 07:56:15 am
      I love this match, our rivals have come and we need to beat them.
      Torres and Gerrard are in excellent form.
      I am confident we can beat them 3-0

Full squad will be

Reina

Riise
      Carra
      Hyypia/Agger
      Arbeloa

Benayoun
      Gerrard
      Mascherano
      Kewell/Babel

Crouch
      Torres

hehe...
      « Last Edit: Dec 13, 2007 11:12:10 am by EddieC, Reason: Text language removed and some form of grammar restored. Names & sentences begin with capital letters. »
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #35: Dec 13, 2007 08:20:25 am
      Hmm...so tempting to play Xabi..but Id rest him and play the same team a few others have emtnioned-- reina/arbeloa/carragher/hyppia/finnan/benayoun/gerrard/mascherano/kewell/crouch/torres

Let xabi come back against weaker opposition- don:t want arsenal all over again.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #36: Dec 13, 2007 09:39:45 am
      I believe in REDS power...

we beat them...we will win the league..

agree??

As optimistic as I may be I think that statement is ridiculous, we can't base our season on this one game.  It has been said before just before the Pompey game this season and we didn't get a win that day either so if we lose/draw I'm gonna hunt you down! ;)
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Reply #37: Dec 13, 2007 10:00:20 am
      I hope momo sisoko don't play at this match...
      « Last Edit: Dec 13, 2007 10:03:01 am by afif212_reds »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #38: Dec 13, 2007 10:03:54 am
      We owe it to Man U big time ,They got away with the points twice last season when they should not of done.I will go for the REDS to win 3-1.Regarding Alonso it is too important a match for him to start,if he is fully recovered from injury why not start him on the bench.I would like to see the same team start that thrashed Marseille and United will not know what has hit them.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39: Dec 13, 2007 10:05:44 am
      I doubt if Sissoko plays another game for the LIVERPOOL first team.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #40: Dec 13, 2007 10:32:04 am
      Wait a minuite, lets not get carried away that we will beat the mancs by 5 or 6 goals, not impossible but quite unlikely. They are of a different class compared to Marseille but not unbeatable. But we  can stiffle them if we deploy the right tactics. I'd say the match is won or lost in the midfield. If we watch them carefully their build up of an attack starts from the midfield and we need to harass and tackle them fast and hard and do not allow them to get into any rhythm, then harass their defence from all directions and they'll be at sixes and sevens and take advantage of that. I've seen too many teams gave the mancs defence too much respect and comes Sunday we don't need to do that at all.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #41: Dec 13, 2007 12:11:41 pm
      I wouldn't play Xabi from the start... I think SG and JM have clicked and are playing terrific stuff at the moment.
      Cy
      Reply #42: Dec 13, 2007 12:59:32 pm
      We will need to control the middle big time, we cannot leave any space to ronaldo, that is the only player of united that could cause us problems IMO. I really hope for a large victory but it's unlikely, 2-0 would be great. A clean sheet is a must. I doubt MOMO will be playing this one, Torres and Crouch Come on Liverpool.
      Fowler23
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #43: Dec 13, 2007 01:19:34 pm
      Hey guys, new to this forum. Been a long time reader though. Thought with it being such a massive game I would try and get in the spirit of things.

People seem very confident but this is going to be a very tough game. Its imperative we don't lose but a draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world. Let's not forget, they are a very, very strong side and we will need to at our absolute best to get anything. Stick with the team that played Tuesday and it gives us a good chance. We really have to try and shackle them in midfield. Anderson looks like the real deal from what I've seen so we need to censure we close them down and "get in their faces".

Forget about that Cup game in a couple of years back. We over-powered them then but they are a totally different proposition now. They swept us aside in ruthless fashion at OT last season but we could certainly feel hard done by from the Anfield clash. 

It'll be a cagey affair but a fascinating one. I can't share the same confidence as some on here but I'm going for a 1-1 with Torres on the scoresheet.
      Kop-Of-Malaya
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -4 
      • Kop The Best
      Reply #44: Dec 13, 2007 02:49:02 pm
      guys.....If im were Rafa...My selection team wil be....

-----------------------Torres------------Kuyt-----------------------

Kewell/Babel--------------------------------------------Benayoun

------------------Gerrard---------------Mascherano-------------

Riise------------Hypia-----------Carragher------------Arbeloa

----------------------Reina-------------------------
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ______________

Super Subs....
      Babel
      Agger
      Alonso
      Itanje
      Finnan
      2-1 liverpool win.....i guess so
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #45: Dec 13, 2007 02:52:38 pm

Dont we all?Dont we all?

Quick Reply