Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Fergie: Torres snubbed us

Read 4192 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Fergie: Torres snubbed us
      Dec 14, 2007 02:07:18 pm
      “For years we tried to do a deal there but we never quite managed it,” said Ferguson.

“We felt he was too young one year. Then we lost interest a bit simply for the fact that you get fed up with going back to the same venue again and again.

“I think the advantage Rafa had was that he was Spanish, and I think his dealings with Atletico Madrid maybe were better than ours.

Personally I think the advantage Rafa had was that he was manager of Liverpool.  ;)
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Re: Fergie: Torres snubbed us
      Reply #1: Dec 14, 2007 02:21:54 pm
      No fergie the advantage was we are much a better side than utd.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Dec 14, 2007 02:22:28 pm
      :lmao:

Saw that earlier on SSN!  Fergie was in a very noble mood about us today.  ???
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #3: Dec 14, 2007 03:49:01 pm
      :lmao:

Saw that earlier on SSN!  Fergie was in a very noble mood about us today.  ???

Wow!

We will see how he feels when we rub the pitch with their faces on sunday. Seen countless articles about how the Mancs are scared of Torres; They are about to realize that there are 10 other players in the team they should be scared of.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Dec 14, 2007 03:52:53 pm
      Wow!

We will see how he feels when we rub the pitch with their faces on sunday. Seen countless articles about how the Mancs are scared of Torres; They are about to realize that there are 10 other players in the team they should be scared of.

Good post.

They're looking down the barrel of a loaded gun.  I think we should fire a few past them.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #5: Dec 14, 2007 04:07:09 pm
      Good post.

They're looking down the barrel of a loaded gun.  I think we should fire a few past them.

We will crush them.
      Ulster-Redeck
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 14, 2007 04:26:08 pm
      Hi, I'm new to the forum and don't post much, but agree with all that has been said so far. This is the first time in years I feel confident we will get the result on Sunday.

Liverpool have been a big part on my life since I was 10yrs old (I'm now 50 ), both my sons were brought up reds, although I don't get across as often as I used to I still live 'n breath our great team.

The case of Carlsberg is chilling in the fridge now waiting for the match on Sunday.........3 points in the bag...no doubt.
      Fowler23
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 14, 2007 04:27:25 pm
      Certainly no surprise to hear they tracked him at some point. He has highly sought after for some time. Was surprised they weren't pushing harder in the summer but there is nothing to say they weren't to be honest. The Spanish influence certainly helped though I would have thought

Its surprising really because at the start of the season I thought tevez was what we needed and Torres was better suite dto them. Turns out both parties appear to have the right deal
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: Dec 14, 2007 04:35:48 pm
      “For years we tried to do a deal there but we never quite managed it,” said Ferguson.

“We felt he was too young one year. Then we lost interest a bit simply for the fact that you get fed up with going back to the same venue again and again.

“I think the advantage Rafa had was that he was Spanish, and I think his dealings with Atletico Madrid maybe were better than ours.

Personally I think the advantage Rafa had was that he was manager of Liverpool.  ;)

:lmao: :lmao:

So what is the old alcoholic trying to say then?? That they could have had him if it werent for some bullshit retoric from a withered old tw*t.
      Sorry Ferguson you talk with fork tounge, yet again you talk forking crap.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #9: Dec 14, 2007 04:54:08 pm
      Agree that Ferguson fears Torres and have a lot of envy that such a brillint player is not in his squad.
      The_Kop_4_Life2005
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts | -1 
      Reply #10: Dec 14, 2007 05:00:08 pm
      not only did torres snub them hes going to go and score a couple against them too
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #11: Dec 14, 2007 05:12:00 pm
      Hi, this is my first post so be gentle!!

As my name suggests I am Scottish and therefore I can respect what Fergie has achieved. However(!), he did provide me with one of the worst days back in 1986,when my Scottish team: Heart of Midlothian, lost to his Aberdeen in the Cup Final... I was only 6yo.

It was around that time that I began following Liverpool thanks to a neighbour handing me an old shirt poss 1970's, early 80's? Gold badge & collar? Of course, a certain King Kenny may have had something to do with it!!

Anyway, I think this may be a case of Fergie's mind games, pile pressure on Torres in the hope he doesn't perform..... Lets hope he hits a hattrick!!!!

Then again, he may just wish he had him in his team?!
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #12: Dec 14, 2007 05:28:41 pm
      Ha Tartan Red never feel respect for the mancs they deserve none the cheating bas**rds and now look there in debt thanks to there owners! Good post though Torres will crush them however Fergie will know all about him because he researches the players he wants for his squad but he's become a lot better since coming to Liverpool
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #13: Dec 14, 2007 06:08:02 pm
      I really fancy Torres to get on the scoresheet come sunday.

He will leave Ferdinand on his arse and will not be affected by Sir Alcoholic Ferguson's mind games of attempting to put pressure on him !
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #14: Dec 14, 2007 06:16:40 pm
      He smelt your breath Fergie and thought... "na Rafa doesn't need whisky to be on the ball".

TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #15: Dec 14, 2007 08:55:16 pm
      He smelt your breath Fergie and thought... "na Rafa doesn't need whisky to be on the ball".

Not all Scots smell of usquibae(sp)!!! (Sorry, I don't think that's right; I'm quoting Robert Burns; or trying to!!! Tam o' Shanter)  I think Fernando signed for us because he felt that it would be a benefit to both. How many Champs Lge goals had Torres scored beforehand?? None? Personally, when he signed; I thought; YAAAAAAH BEEEAAAUUUUTTTTYYY!!! a Quality FWD!!! Keep Playing him....

He will score on Sun. Odds???
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #16: Dec 14, 2007 09:19:25 pm

To score at anytime Torres is a measly 2/1.

He's about 6/1 to get the first goal.

Torres Hat-trick? 22/1.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #17: Dec 14, 2007 10:51:13 pm

Torres Hat-trick? 22/1.

Im F***ing well having a bet on a hat-trick for our Fernando F**k what my Mrs says. CMON YOU RED MEN
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #18: Dec 15, 2007 01:29:24 am

Torres Hat-trick? 22/1.

Think I'll have some of the 6/1 !!

Sorry guys but my family is "dysfunctional" footie wise!!!

I support Heart of Midlothian FC & LFC; my brother supports Hibernian!! (Think of your bro supporting Everton X Infinity!!!) My dad is a Rangers fan; but also  Manure fan. So I'm looking for a double this weekend!!!!

I'm the only one that has stood by my chosen team(s)regardless of results......
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #19: Dec 15, 2007 01:32:02 am
      Im F***ing well having a bet on a hat-trick for our Fernando F**k what my Mrs says. CMON YOU RED MEN

Pragmatic; where does one get that image  that you have as a signature???
      popool
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #20: Dec 15, 2007 01:55:41 am
      just read kewell 25/1 to score first and 7/1 to score at any time.
      now that has to be worth a look.
      on the game, i have to say that our league form against them home and away has been dire, and because of that, not only do we have a great side now, we also have the law of averages with us. Mancs be afraid, be very afraid. i think we can walk this game as long as we are positive and don't, first and foremost try and negate them.
      i get the feeling though, that the gaffa is going to unleash his team at them from the word go, and we are going to do them good and proper.
      not nervous at all, just dying for us to get at them.
      2-0 will satisfy me. i hope gerrard continues his scoring streak as it will be nine games on the bounce.
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #21: Dec 15, 2007 02:18:04 am
      I think that this news was already said at the start of the season but has just being said again coming up to the big game to start the usual hype

Love to see him score a few against them show them what the have missed out on

C'Mon on tha Pool
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #22: Dec 15, 2007 04:28:53 am
      Still its great to know that one of your best (if not THE best) players in your team turned down a move to a so-called "bigger club" (they are bigger I mean look how fat Rooney is)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #23: Dec 15, 2007 07:07:49 am
       I look forward to Torres really showing Ferguson what he has missed out on this Sunday.Without a doubt Torres is the striker we have been wishing for ,for a few years now and he will only get better.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #24: Dec 15, 2007 08:42:30 am
      I have to say that, Torres is only young and has had more pressure on him than this, but come Sunday since the Mancs staff are scared of him scoring he will be marked well, this will be a perfect time to play Babel, as he could pass the defenders without 2 or 3 players marking him. The major thing about Torres is he helps out the other players, if you put one man on him he will score, put two on him he is likely to score put three on him, he won't. Then its a game of 10 men to 8 men, making it easier for other LFC players. The players which it has helped the most if Gerrard, Torres is able to get onto the end of Gerrard's passes with his pace but also as shown on Saturday (last week), he can also set up Gerrard for a goal
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25: Dec 15, 2007 08:59:08 am
      benforrest I dont agree with your assessment of Torres,you said put 3 men on him and he wont score.Well against Marseille I think he had 5 men on him and he scored. His ball control is out of this world,long may it continue.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Dec 15, 2007 11:32:37 pm
      Still its great to know that one of your best (if not THE best) players in your team turned down a move to a so-called "bigger club" (they are bigger I mean look how fat Rooney is)

The thought of him playing for (i believe you mean the mancs when you say so called bigger club - who are these fools that think this?) the mancs is not a good one.

Couldn't care less what Fergie says when it's in relation to us.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #27: Dec 16, 2007 12:55:14 pm
      Anyway, I think this may be a case of Fergie's mind games, pile pressure on Torres in the hope he doesn't perform.....

That will be a bloody wase of his time. Let him play his mind-games, We will score the goals.

Quick Reply