Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Keirrison (Benfica/Barcelona)

Read 3592 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Keirrison (Benfica/Barcelona)
      Dec 09, 2009 04:49:48 pm
      Reds tipped to rescue Keirrison

Barcelona beat Liverpool to the signing of Brazilian striker Keirrison last summer in a deal worth £12m. However, reports in both Brazil and Portugal suggest the player on loan at Benfica may well be moving to Anfield in January in a 6-month loan deal.
      Related Links

Barca's summer move disappointed Rafa Benitez who had been tracking the youngster for some time had failed with a move in the last January transfer window.

Keirrison's season-long move to Benfica was supposed to allow the player to get used to a more European style of play but the young strikers chances in the first team have been limited thanks to the performances of fellow South Americans Oscar Cardozo and Javier Saviola. Barca are reported to be unhappy at their striker's lack of action at Benfica and are willing to loan him to another club in Europe or back to Brazil where Santos are one of the clubs targeting the player.

Rafa Benitez made a late failed January deadline day earlier this year for the young Brazilian striker known as Keirrison de Souza Carneiro or just plain Keirrison for short. He was seen as a direct replacement for Tottenham bound Robbie Keane but the move failed to come off so Liverpool returned to wrap up a deal in the summer. However, it was Barcelona that signed the talented marksman leaving the Reds short of striking options for the first half of the 2009/10 season.

A move to Benfica was supposed to allow the starlet the necessary game time in a weaker European league but after just one league start, four substitute appearances and no goals, Barca are ready to move the player on.

The 21-year-old star has enjoyed a prolific record in Brazil's Serie A with Coritiba prior to joining Palmeiras. His record in his homeland speaks for itself so it's of no surprise that a number of European clubs had been alerted to his talent.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/reds-tipped-to-rescue-keirrison

Interesting few things in there about us being so close to signing him permanently, a year ago.

Haven't really seen him play but has massive wraps on him. 6 month loan deal couldn't hurt, could it?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Keirrison (Benfica/Barcelona)
      Reply #1: Dec 09, 2009 05:03:41 pm
      Interesting.

I'd prefer a proven striker on loan I think but if the lad's going to live up to the hype then yes please.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #2: Dec 09, 2009 05:24:11 pm
      As most of us have said before, anyone is better than the so called 'strikers' Voronin and Babel.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3: Dec 09, 2009 05:45:48 pm
      Think if we could get this lad on loan it would be a great steal although he hasnt proven himself so far his ablity to score is unbeliable he has a natural talent of finding the net, he could be what we need to change a game but not sure it will happen.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Dec 09, 2009 11:04:57 pm
      Reckon it would be a great bit of business to get this lad in.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #5: Dec 09, 2009 11:09:47 pm
      This guy is boss on Fifa 10 and that is never wrong in my opinion ;D !!!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6: Dec 09, 2009 11:15:00 pm
      This guy is boss on Fifa 10 and that is never wrong in my opinion ;D !!!!
      Fifa 10 my arse
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #7: Dec 10, 2009 01:31:00 am
      Fifa has some amazing things, like that ugly mug Anderson who United signed, I thought judging by Fifa that he would play Premier League and he does know.
      But back on topic, I'd like to sign him on loan but I want to see Ngog and Pacheco playing and if that stopped there opportunities I'm not sure thats beneficial for the club especially considering its only a six month loan, and we're unlikely to buy him
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Dec 10, 2009 07:52:52 am
      Pacheco! Pacheco...
      RaykkONNN
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #9: Dec 10, 2009 12:55:34 pm
      hey guys !! im a benfica fan.. i live in portugal and i im a liverpool fan since 2005 :)
      well.. i want to tell you.. keirrison is a noob -.-

he is the 3rd or 4th option in the benfica squad.. cardozo and saviola have 35 goals in 12 matchs

weldon and nuno gomes are good more then keirrison :(

he is a noob to benfica fans

Saudations !!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #10: Dec 10, 2009 04:12:28 pm
      Thanks for the info / opinion.

It states that Barca want him to play more first team football, there is no way Rafa would guarantee that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,521 posts | 8685 
      Reply #11: Dec 10, 2009 05:03:03 pm
      Thanks for the info / opinion.

It states that Barca want him to play more first team football, there is no way Rafa would guarantee that.

Should that be that if Barca want him, there is no way we can afford him!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #12: Dec 10, 2009 08:00:03 pm

The lad's already signed for Barca, they just loaned him to Benfica.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #13: Dec 10, 2009 08:13:36 pm
      It says....
      Barca are reported to be unhappy at their striker's lack of action at Benfica
      That was my point, the situation wouldn't be any better here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,521 posts | 8685 
      Reply #14: Dec 10, 2009 09:01:23 pm
      The lad's already signed for Barca, they just loaned him to Benfica.

Well there you go then no point anyone getting their knickers in a twist over him then!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15: Dec 10, 2009 11:03:17 pm
      hey guys !! im a benfica fan.. I live in portugal and I im a liverpool fan since 2005 :)
      well.. I want to tell you.. keirrison is a noob -.-

he is the 3rd or 4th option in the benfica squad.. cardozo and saviola have 35 goals in 12 matchs

weldon and nuno gomes are good more then keirrison :(

he is a noob to benfica fans

Saudations !!

So because he is 3rd or 4th choice that makes him a noob?

Come off it.
      RaykkONNN
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #16: Dec 11, 2009 12:01:27 am
      So because he is 3rd or 4th choice that makes him a noob?

Come off it.
      in 12 games he doesesn't score any goal... cardozo in 11 games scores 14 in portuguese league. weldon in 2 games ( substitute) score 2 goals..

keirrison has a problema adaptation to europe football... he is a good player but sometimes is like a 3d division player
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17: Dec 11, 2009 12:19:22 am
      in 12 games he doesesn't score any goal... cardozo in 11 games scores 14 in portuguese league. weldon in 2 games ( substitute) score 2 goals..

keirrison has a problema adaptation to europe football... he is a good player but sometimes is like a 3d division player

Don't see how that makes him a noob just because he is having problems adapting.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #18: Dec 11, 2009 03:49:08 pm
      Well there you go then no point anyone getting their knickers in a twist over him then!
      Mate, I think you've missed the point somewhere. He is signed to Barca but they sent him out on loan to get 1st team experience in European football. That hasn't really happened at Benfica so Barca would like him to move somewhere else to get that experience. Some people are suggesting that Liverpool could/should take him on loan as a cheap way of adding a bit more fire power, not trying to get him off Barca.
      My argument is that Rafa couldn't possibly say to Barca that he would give the lad more 1st team experience than he had at Benfica.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,521 posts | 8685 
      Reply #19: Dec 11, 2009 06:33:29 pm
      Mate, I think you've missed the point somewhere. He is signed to Barca but they sent him out on loan to get 1st team experience in European football. That hasn't really happened at Benfica so Barca would like him to move somewhere else to get that experience. Some people are suggesting that Liverpool could/should take him on loan as a cheap way of adding a bit more fire power, not trying to get him off Barca.
      My argument is that Rafa couldn't possibly say to Barca that he would give the lad more 1st team experience than he had at Benfica.

So why get so worked up about a player that will effectively not be moving here. It's not like he's gonna get much playing time if Nando's fit anyway!

We probably couldn't even afford the loan fee.
      Hiberpool
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts | -2 
      Reply #20: Dec 13, 2009 01:55:47 pm
      Don't see how that makes him a noob just because he is having problems adapting.
        What is a noob ?

Quick Reply