Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Jérémy Menez (Monaco)

Read 1682 times
      cineaste
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 13 posts | -7 
      Jérémy Menez (Monaco)
      Dec 12, 2007 12:50:23 am
      It's too good to be true that we'll sign him in January, but a lot of newspapers seems to think we will. And I don't see why not. If we get him, he can play on the left instead of Babel who then will be able to play up front with Torres. He's only 20 years old and a Liverpool fan, which makes me confident that he won't join United even though they're chasing him.

What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_YvRvFAyfU

Liverpool chasing Menez
      Liverpool closing on Menez swoop
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Jérémy Menez (Monaco)
      Reply #1: Dec 12, 2007 12:59:57 am
      he's a great player a lot of skill and amazing potential. seems like more of a CM than a winger though which is why i am suprised we are interested in buying him but none-the-less if rafa can make him work on the wing then im all for it.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2: Dec 12, 2007 08:00:05 pm
      His finishing looks a bit suspect for a striker, few lucky shots creeping in that video, and if thats his best it's not awe inspiring. However he looks very skilfull on the ball for such a young guy, and he is one of those guys who seem to be very cool and very graceful on the ball. If he's a winger, he's probably worth going for, but according to one of those links, he's an attacking midfielder who can also play up front.
      Cy
      Reply #3: Dec 13, 2007 05:47:47 pm
       I heard a lot about him, been french i try to keep an eye on what is happening there butI wouldn't like to have Jeremy Menez coming and I tell you why. He is very talented on the ball yes, but also very and I mean VERY personal and egoist with it...He can dribble but in the Premier League I very much doubt that he would have the strength to cope with the defense.

He is a player who likes to run at the defenders with eyes close and not seeing team mates free on his side. The other BIG worried I have is his discipline, he is well know in the french League for moaning to the ref all the time and have tantrums like kicking the ball away and attitude like that, that will be huge problem for him in Premier League...english refs are much more severe then the french ones..

In all, to give you an idea, he is a ronaldo (talented on the ball but BIG ego, BIG head, tantrums after tantrums on the pitch, me me me attitude with the ball and constantly arguing with refs..) so no thanks..far too big headed for a club like us..leave him going to man u....

On a final note, his stats so far are really average considering the league he is playing into..attacking middlefield with only 2 goals and 2 assists...hardly what we need..
      cineaste
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 13 posts | -7 
      Reply #4: Dec 13, 2007 07:05:10 pm
      He seems like a steal for only £7m, especially if he is "a Ronaldo" like you claim, Cy. The tantrums can be dealt with, he's only 20 years old and still has a lot to learn.

We don't need a player like him, but he sure would be an interesting prospect.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #5: Dec 13, 2007 11:56:30 pm
      exaclty didnt pennant come with that kind of tag and he doesnt cause problems on the pitch now he has caused 1 and that was getting a red card once
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #6: Dec 16, 2007 02:32:48 pm
      Another highlights clip - do any players ever have any lowlights clips?
      S-A-M-U-E-L-T
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | -13 
      • LIVERPOOL!
      Reply #7: Dec 16, 2007 05:01:31 pm
      he is a good prospect in the future and will strengthen our squad but we have already got babel and kwell on the left. it will be nice to buy him but it might be a risk.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #8: Dec 18, 2007 01:27:39 am
      I dnt think it would be a risk. he is proven to be a great player and I like his attitude towards liverpool as shown here, "He has been extensively linked with a transfer to Manchester United and although it was rumoured that Arsenal are favorite's to sign him, he stated clearly that the only Club that could attract him in the Premiership is Liverpool. He also declared himself a life-long supporter of Liverpool and that his favorite player of all time is Kenny Daglish".

seems like a very versatile player can play upfront, second striker, attacking mid or on the wings which is good. yes we have babel and kewell but babel is a striker when will people realise that.

one thing to take note of that displays how good he is, he seems to have his own style with his tricks, he kind of draws players in then either makes space by having 3 or 4 opposition players around him and passing to a teammate or taking them on himself. and another thing is that he also knows where the goal is and isnt afraid to have a go at goal if he thinks he could score and wont try to pass too much that it will result in him giving away possesion. hes young he can play with both feet and could be the kind of player we need for games in which we need a spark of creativity to create a goal. that price is a steal and if we can get him for that i say go for it.
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2007 01:37:05 am by lil cisse »

Quick Reply