Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

UEFA Cup spot for Man City?

Read 1209 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6967 
      UEFA Cup spot for Man City?
      May 10, 2008 12:41:06 am
      Read about this before.  England have been granted an extra UEFA Cup spot because of our 'fair play'.

Does this mean we got the least yellows and reds in European competition or is it something to do with the Premiership?

Anyway, apparently we have got an extra spot which will be handed to our least dirty Premiership side.

Our least four dirty Premiership sides are:

Tottenham (already qualified from League Cup)
      United (buying referee's)
      Arsenal (surprised they're up here)
      Liverpool (angels, absolute angels).

So anyway, the 5th least dirty side is currently Man City.

Pretty shitty way to get in to Europe but at least some good came of getting rid of Joey Barton.  Pity Sven won't be there.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: UEFA Cup spot for Man City?
      Reply #1: May 10, 2008 01:23:00 pm
      I read this aswell, makes me feel even more sorry for sven if he is forced to leave them he has done very well in his first season as a premiership manager
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #2: May 10, 2008 01:28:18 pm
      It's actually managed to piss me off this. All the city fans near me are getting chuffties.
      Cy
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      Reply #3: May 11, 2008 12:18:15 am
      City get a european spot! I have no problems with that. It was refreshing to see man city kicking the ass of united twice this season and we canno't denied the good work sven has done there this season for this football club. Living in Manchester for many years I have to say that the most football understanding fans I have met over there were the city ones.

Unlikely that would be, we would have been delighted to get an UEFA cup place that way, not the best but still a place in Europe can't be spit at.

Not to mention, the huge capability from manchester city to produce young talented english players through the academy, Micha Richards been one of the latest and a really class player in my opinion. Good luck to them.

Quick Reply