Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Bring on Inter Milan

Read 7875 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Re: Bring on Inter Milan
      Reply #23: Dec 21, 2007 02:48:26 pm
      I really would like to see who keeps giving me negative kharma. Im soooo gonna pimp slap you if I find out.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #24: Dec 21, 2007 02:49:06 pm
      Love Rafa's reaction on SSN to questions about Inter!

When asked about the players' reaction to drawing Inter, he said 'Yes, they spoke about it, but we also spoke about Portsmouth!' What a guy! ;D

Don't you just love him ?  :-*
      liverpooldan87
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts | 10 
      Reply #25: Dec 21, 2007 02:56:18 pm
      So far this season, Inter Milan are unbeaten in Serie A after 16 games, but they have got 2or 3 draws to their name, most notably against Livorno, who to be honest are sh*te, so there's hope yet. They are a fantastic side with some great players, Suazo, Ibrihimovic, Crespo, Cambiasso, but so are we with Gerrard, Masch, Torres, Carra, Reina. I think if we can go there and get a draw at the San Siro that would be fantastic, then get them back at Anfield, on the back foot, against our twelth man, and do them 2-0. Bring them on.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #26: Dec 21, 2007 02:57:59 pm
      So far this season, Inter Milan are unbeaten in Serie A after 16 games, but they have got 2or 3 draws to their name, most notably against Livorno, who to be honest are sh*te, so there's hope yet. They are a fantastic side with some great players, Suazo, Ibrihimovic, Crespo, Cambiasso, but so are we with Gerrard, Masch, Torres, Carra, Reina. I think if we can go there and get a draw at the San Siro that would be fantastic, then get them back at Anfield, on the back foot, against our twelth man, and do them 2-0. Bring them on.

We're at home first though  ;)
      liverpooldan87
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts | 10 
      Reply #27: Dec 21, 2007 03:02:12 pm
      Your joking, I could have sworn we were away in the frst leg! Sorry! Same applies then, just reverse it!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #28: Dec 21, 2007 03:04:20 pm
      Your joking, I could have sworn we were away in the frst leg! Sorry! Same applies then, just reverse it!

Nah, we'll smack 'em at their gaff too! ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #29: Dec 21, 2007 03:05:16 pm

No worries mate, we'll do them here and there !!  >:D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #30: Dec 21, 2007 03:16:39 pm
      Post your views on the UEFA website on who you think is going to win the CL this year,(without stating the obvious, mines up with the time 12.55  ;) :D :D )

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/blog/topicid=15050.html#commentsanchor
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #31: Dec 21, 2007 03:43:11 pm
      Mines up! ;)

15:42, Joey Burns! 8)
      RedBaron
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #32: Dec 21, 2007 03:51:40 pm
      It will be a tough tie but Im optimistic....I just hope Andy the  "P***K" Gray is not commentating!!
      armchair archie
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts | -5 
      Reply #33: Dec 21, 2007 04:08:21 pm
      what a draw!!!!!!!!!!! been waiting for revenge against inter (buy the ref) milan for 30 years! we always play better against the fellow big guns! remember leyverkusen and benfica? lfc=big games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #34: Dec 21, 2007 04:47:21 pm
      It will be a tough tie but Im optimistic....I just hope Andy the  "P***K" Gray is not commentating!!

Don't you mean Andy "take a bow son" Gray. Take a bow son.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #35: Dec 21, 2007 05:31:40 pm
      I think this is the hardest tie we could have been handed (apart from Sevilla).

Not in the same class in Europe as Liverpool though.  So we'll probably kick their arses.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #36: Dec 21, 2007 05:56:07 pm
      Actually it's a real shame we won't have the opportunity to play against these in their away kit.

It really nearly could have been Liverpool v England.  ;)

http://www.football-kit.org.uk/inter-milan-shirts.html
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #37: Dec 21, 2007 05:59:43 pm
      Wont they be wearing them at Anfield then ?  What a sight that would be eh?  :lmao:
      sahilsheikh
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #38: Dec 21, 2007 06:09:01 pm
      look WE are not scared we already beaten the bee's knee's (Barcelona,juve,porto,AC MILAN) LOOK AT there pensioner line up           Adriano,Figo,Ivan Cordoba,Hernan Crespo and sooooooooooo on.

we are not scared we need 2 thank god that we never got someone else more dangerous

and Julia Cesar THE NAME SAYS IT ALL                 ;D!!!!!!!!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #39: Dec 21, 2007 06:13:03 pm
      look WE are not scared we already beaten the bee's knee's (Barcelona,juve,porto,AC MILAN) LOOK AT there pensioner line up           Adriano,Figo,Ivan Cordoba,Hernan Crespo and sooooooooooo on.

we are not scared we need 2 thank god that we never got someone else more dangerous

and Julia Cesar THE NAME SAYS IT ALL                 ;D!!!!!!!!!

Adriano - Date of Birth - February 17th 1982 (Making him 25! ;)) Hardly qualifies for a bus pass mate! ;)

I know what you're saying like but they're not going to be a pushover 'cos they're getting on!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #40: Dec 21, 2007 06:16:33 pm
      Wont they be wearing them at Anfield then ?  What a sight that would be eh?  :lmao:

Last time I checked we played in red.

Started on the Christmas booze already have we?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #41: Dec 21, 2007 06:17:27 pm
      Last time I checked we played in red.

Started on the Christmas booze already have we?

I know that JD, just thought it would look quite nice and give the ref a headache  :lmao:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Dec 21, 2007 07:16:18 pm
       I was lucky enough to be on the KOP when we beat Inter Milan 3-1 in 1965,without a doubt I have never experienced an atmosphere like that night. I can still remember the crowd singing go back to Italy,think it was to the tune of Sorrento.As another poster has said Shanks master stroke was getting Gerry Byrne and Gordon Milne to go round the ground with the F.A. Cup.We were robbed in the return leg and the dirty tricks came into effect befor the game,cars going round the hotel the team was in and blowing the car horns continuously to stop the lads getting some sleep.and to top it off we were robbed on the pitch as well.Its time for us to get our revenge on Inter Milan ,it is long overdue.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #43: Dec 21, 2007 07:53:31 pm
      I was lucky enough to be on the KOP when we beat Inter Milan 3-1 in 1965,without a doubt I have never experienced an atmosphere like that night. I can still remember the crowd singing go back to Italy,think it was to the tune of Sorrento.As another poster has said Shanks master stroke was getting Gerry Byrne and Gordon Milne to go round the ground with the F.A. Cup.We were robbed in the return leg and the dirty tricks came into effect befor the game,cars going round the hotel the team was in and blowing the car horns continuously to stop the lads getting some sleep.and to top it off we were robbed on the pitch as well.Its time for us to get our revenge on Inter Milan ,it is long overdue.

Great post couldnt agree more, twas before I was born so you have my respect for being there.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #44: Dec 21, 2007 08:02:20 pm
      Great post couldnt agree more, twas before I was born so you have my respect for being there.
      Undoubatoubley old chum!
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #45: Dec 21, 2007 08:22:33 pm
      Adriano - Date of Birth - February 17th 1982 (Making him 25! ;)) Hardly qualifies for a bus pass mate! ;)

I know what you're saying like but they're not going to be a pushover 'cos they're getting on!

Adriano has been sent out on loan to Sao Paolo for the remainder of the season so we won't be seeing him.

So I'm guessing it will be Crespo and Ibrahimovic. Thing is there won't be anything we don't know as we've face the pair of them before

Quick Reply