Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Bring on Inter Milan

Read 7871 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Bring on Inter Milan
      Reply #69: Dec 21, 2007 10:36:10 pm
      Thank you for your "Welcome!!"
      If some INTER fan will write you bad words on your forum..I will apologize for them..I obviously hope to destroy you but I respect...have agood night everybody!!!!!!

Same here! ;) Refreshing when an opposition fan comes on not trying to wind us up! Thank you and good luck! Looking forward to the game! :)
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #70: Dec 22, 2007 09:54:01 am
      Same here! ;) Refreshing when an opposition fan comes on not trying to wind us up! Thank you and good luck! Looking forward to the game! :)

Agreed, it is really nice to get an opposition fan who doesn't take the "mickey" of us being succesful. Or just trying to pick holes in our team because we are better than them and they know what we can do to them.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #71: Dec 22, 2007 12:41:46 pm
      Actually I quite like opposition fans trying to wind us up. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #72: Dec 22, 2007 01:17:16 pm
      Thank you for your "Welcome!!"
      If some INTER fan will write you bad words on your forum..I will apologize for them..I obviously hope to destroy you but I respect...have agood night everybody!!!!!!

What are Inter fans like for travelling to away European games.  Do you tend to take a lot of supporters?  As you know Liverpool fans travel in HUGE numbers to away games in Europe but we have seen some Italian sides who only bring a few hundred supporters?

FC INTERNAZIONALE
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #73: Dec 22, 2007 06:13:20 pm
      We move away in a good number!!
      Consider that in San Siro you will have a big stand for you..I think it is about 10000 attendance...
      I know in Anfield how much is it??2000??
      Surely it will be full of us...and I will be there too...
      FC INTERNAZIONALE
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #74: Dec 22, 2007 06:14:57 pm
      And I am sure that you will say on march:"San Siro is one of the 3 best stadium in Europe"...
      Is marvellous.......
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #75: Dec 22, 2007 06:45:35 pm
      And I am sure that you will say on march:"San Siro is one of the 3 best stadium in Europe"...
      Is marvellous.......
      Yes, but Anfield is the best.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #76: Dec 22, 2007 07:10:38 pm
      This clash is all about revenge for me.

Revenge for stopping our greatest manager, Bill Shankly, taking the club to their first European Cup final 12 years before we did actually make it. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #77: Dec 22, 2007 07:46:53 pm
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #78: Dec 23, 2007 02:34:27 am
      This is our team:
      CESAR (g.keeper)he plays in Brazil
      MAICON he plays in Brazil and is really strong he plays on the right side in defense.
      MATERAZZI you remember in world championship final??
      SAMUEL is one of the best defender of Europe
      CHIVU is romanian national player
      CAMBIASSO plays in the middlecourt,in front of the defence..he is wonderful player..in Argentina he plays and teachs to your Mascherano the right way to play!!
      VIEIRA you know about this player...is injured now..but he will come back after Christmas holidays...
      STANKOVIC is superplayer.....it seems Pavel Nedved...
      FIGO is a little bit old,but is a really good player!!!!
      IBRAHIMOVIC is a genius...actually the best player in Europe...he scored 5 goal in 5 matches in C.LEAGUE
      CRESPO is CRESPO!!!!!2 shoots...1 goal!!!
      CRUZ has scored 9 goals on 10 matches in serie A this year.
      SUAZO is a black attackplayer and he is really really fast!!It seems Oba Martins (Newcastle),who played in my team until 2005.

ADRIANO:is not an INTER player!!!

This is just to inform you about my team..we are very very strong!!MAKE ATTENTION!!!!!!
      If you can I suggest you to see some matches about us in serie A......
      I will start follow you agains Portsmouth tomorrow..I hope you will win!!!!!!

Thanks pal for the bit about your players but i'm in the midst of working out a little secret on how to overcome your players. I'm almost done and i'll run and tell Rafa next. As a matter of fact, once the game starts reputation counts for nothing and will have to be put aside and we don't need what happpned 2 years ago to remind us of that. Best of luck to Inter and hope you'll win the Seria A while I hate seeing AC and Juve wining in year in year out.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #79: Dec 23, 2007 02:53:23 am
      But Chelsea plays an horrible football...I saw its against gunners last sunday...they are bad!!!!!!Boring team..I love just F.LAMPARD!!!!!Marvellous player in my opinion!!
      I dont'know beetween Frank and Gerrard who is the best!!!!!

Of course it has to be Stevie, without a shadow of doubt, fat lamb only knows how to shoot outside the box and if you deny him the opportunity to do so he looks a very ordinary.
      Kop-Of-Malaya
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -4 
      • Kop The Best
      Reply #80: Dec 23, 2007 08:12:11 am
      Nice Italian job for Liverpool so as Arsenal....Liverpool going to win this wif 5-3 aggregate but I dun think Arsenal will go through coz San Siro side had been great in europe at least semi-finalist.Good luck Arsenal
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #81: Dec 27, 2007 12:26:22 am
      Heh looking forward to our Italian friend dissapearing of the forum with head bowed down come the end of the second leg. Inter are nothing special their best player is Ibrahimovic who as we saw against Ac Milan can be completely marked out of the game as done by Nesta.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #82: Dec 27, 2007 10:02:56 pm
      FC INTERNAZIONALE Steven Gerrard is miles better than Frank 'Lump' Lampard. Lampard has nothing but the odd goal, he's lazy, he doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck like Gerrard does. I respect your opinion mate about liking Lampard and that, but honest to god mate he isn't half the play Gerrard is.

Who takes the game by the scruff of the neck and carries a beaten team forward ? Gerrard
      Who defends, attacks and wants to win? Gerrard
      Who gets his team out of sticky situations and saves the day? Gerrard
      Who leads by example and plays from the heart? Gerrard

I could go on all day long, Lampard isn't fit to hold Stevies hand! This is not a bias opinion, it's a fact. Never in a month of sundays will Lampard be better than Stevie, NEVER!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #83: Dec 28, 2007 02:05:36 pm
      I think this is the hardest tie we could have been handed (apart from Sevilla).

Not in the same class in Europe as Liverpool though.  So we'll probably kick their arses.

Saw the match Inter v Ac, Inter defended very deep, looks pretty solid at the back and relied very much on long an accurate passes to Ibrahimnovic from the back, once they regained possession, leaving a big vacuum in the middle, Ibrahimnovic will shoot given the opportunity, otherwise, he plays a holding position, waited for the rest to sprint to position, pass to one of them at the edge of the box, particularly Cambiasso, in a good position to shoot. We need to watch out for Cambassio, he can do lots of damage if we're not careful. I'd fancy putting a defensive midfield, maybe Mascherano to stifle Cambiasson and don't let them have the opportunity to shoot.

Besides that, we must shoot at every given opportunity, I don't expect Torres to be able to waltz pass their defence this time. Hopefully, nick an early goal to settle the nerves and try for the second goal to open up the game and Inter will have to come out of their shell and we can exploit situation further.

I have the hunch that they will deploy the same tactic against us as our forward line, particularly Torres and Gerrard are fast and they will need to defend deep and work on the long balls to win the game. I'd give every opportunity to Torres to take on Materrazzi as the latter has the habit of committing fouls which will be to our favour.

Not unbeatable, but we must play a fast and ruthless game to wear them out as they have one too many players in the 30s bracket.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #84: Dec 29, 2007 12:35:11 am
      All very interesting reading. An opposing fan with nothing but a love of football in his heart. What a breath of fresh air. Hope you do well in the Serie A  f. c. Internazional, and do well in all other competitions until you meet the mighty reds of course. Will be a very interesting and competetive game. Just hope your lot stay on thier feet and play like men. Hope to see more posts from you after the second leg. buy for now.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #85: Dec 30, 2007 11:57:55 am
      This clash is all about revenge for me.

Revenge for stopping our greatest manager, Bill Shankly, taking the club to their first European Cup final 12 years before we did actually make it. 

I'd simply put it further to seek juctice for what happened 22 years ago. Hopefully, this time round we are at the receiving end of some fair treatment from the referee.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #86: Dec 31, 2007 12:04:43 am
      Now all we need is a Striker to work with Torres! We can win this.

Quick Reply