Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think the result to be ?

Liverpool to win
      (92.9%)
      A draw
      (7.1%)
      Liverpool to lose
      (0%)

Man City v Liverpool (30th December)

Read 10592 times
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Re: Man City v Liverpool (30th December)
      Reply #161: Dec 30, 2007 05:48:09 pm
      COME ON YOU REDS!!!! JUST ONE GOAL!!!

YNWA!!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #162: Dec 30, 2007 05:48:16 pm
      I can't watch anymore.  We should have sewn this up a long long long time ago.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #163: Dec 30, 2007 05:48:31 pm
      My heart is racing.

How many more chances do we want?
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #164: Dec 30, 2007 05:51:16 pm
      3 mins added time.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #165: Dec 30, 2007 05:52:31 pm
      We could be here all day and the goal just wouldn't go in.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #166: Dec 30, 2007 05:54:16 pm
      F**k off.

F***ing rubbish.  Should of finished them off about 5 - 0.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #167: Dec 30, 2007 05:55:11 pm
      Big let down that.  Might have known we wouldn't take advantage of the Mancs slipping up.  As it is we're way off the pace.

Disappointing.

Not going to be this season boys and girls.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #168: Dec 30, 2007 05:55:42 pm
      Full time.

Pissed off with Finnan & Mascherano, looked like they had no motivation to actually get the ball in the opposition half in the final minutes.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #169: Dec 30, 2007 05:59:53 pm
      Whatever way you look at it we should have won today.  Too many times this season we should have won and we have been thwarted and ended up with a draw.  It's the draws that will cost us the chance of going for a title.  How many is that now - about 8?

Way too many.

I think we have a world class striker in Torres - unfortunately he hasn't got a world class partner. 
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #170: Dec 30, 2007 06:00:19 pm
      Not enough calculated risk involved from the players to get the goals today.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #171: Dec 30, 2007 06:01:47 pm
      I think we have a world class striker in Torres - unfortunately he hasn't got a world class partner. 

Kuyt not working as a strike partner...too much running & not enough support.
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #172: Dec 30, 2007 06:02:47 pm
      Makes me laugh how you can all slag the players they played well today and man city to be fair had a good defence, we aint good enough yet to win the league lets be true and face it! We havent done bad this season but to compare with the likes of Arsehole we need to win game slike this!.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #173: Dec 30, 2007 06:02:56 pm
      Full time.

Pissed off with Finnan & Mascherano, looked like they had no motivation to actually get the ball in the opposition half in the final minutes.

Have you been watching the same game mate? Mascharano had a good game some great takles and some great layoffs. Finnan did well too, Im sorry Eddie I think you are well wrong there mate and to accuse just those two of having no motivation is well harsh. To give shitty their due they defended like men possesed today Dunne and Richards were up for the challenge, for me the whole attacking third from our perspective were like a yard off the ball when it came for a clean finish. Im afraid it was just one of those days again we had our chances but yet again didnt take them because we were not aggresive enough, we have to be more aggresive with scruffy situation like the one where Dunne hooked it off the line, and Dirky should have scored.

We have to be honest here Shitty were gonna be a hard nut to crack we knew that you only have to look at their home record this season. The match was perfectly setup for Erickson to show what a cautious defensive coach he is, and the sky sports media are already patting him on the back for it. Two words MORE AGGRESSION its that simple in front of goal.
      hijjawi
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts | 26 
      Reply #174: Dec 30, 2007 06:03:48 pm
      Kuyt Header Cleared from Line (Min 85)
      Click Here for Video
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #175: Dec 30, 2007 06:04:35 pm

Can you not post us a goal.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #176: Dec 30, 2007 06:08:25 pm
      Always very frustrating when you effectively kick a team all around the park and you don't get what you deserve.

Those two points today could have been vital BUT if we play like that week in week out from here on in then we could get some big results when we play the top three again.

Doesn't stop me feeling very pissed off though.
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #177: Dec 30, 2007 06:10:25 pm
      Have you been watching the same game mate? Mascharano had a good game some great takles and some great layoffs. Finnan did well too, Im sorry Eddie I think you are well wrong there mate and to accuse just those two of having no motivation is well harsh. To give shitty their due they defended like men possesed today Dunne and Richards were up for the challenge, for me the whole attacking third from our perspective were like a yard off the ball when it came for a clean finish. Im afraid it was just one of those days again we had our chances but yet again didnt take them because we were not aggresive enough, we have to be more aggresive with scruffy situation like the one where Dunne hooked it off the line, and Dirky should have scored.

We have to be honest here Shitty were gonna be a hard nut to crack we knew that you only have to look at their home record this season. The match was perfectly setup for Erickson to show what a cautious defensive coach he is, and the sky sports media are already patting him on the back for it. Two words MORE AGGRESSION its that simple in front of goal.

Totally agree.I dont think anyone can blame either Mascherano or Finnan.The weak link today (and has been for the past few matches) has been Kuyt(or the 2nd striker).Dont get me wrong,his work rate is fantastic but his attacking intentions have been below par.

We should have got the 3 points today but credit to the Shitty defence.Dunne was magnificent today.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #178: Dec 30, 2007 06:10:59 pm
      Major disappointment after that game, we should have won. And our chances of winning the league this season have been made a lot more difficult from this month.
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #179: Dec 30, 2007 06:11:55 pm
      Listening to 5 live people having a go at Benitez, and that he will lose his job if we dont win the league?? f**cking hell idiots.
      GoodfellaLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts | -2 
      Reply #180: Dec 30, 2007 06:12:25 pm
      If we keep playing the same its gonna be a goaless draw.

I told you guys! Much too my dissapproval I was right.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #181: Dec 30, 2007 06:13:21 pm
      First off hope you all had a good Christmas and hope you all have a great new year

Now down to business!

Once again this season Ive watched my team dominate a game and come away without 3 points. Extremely frustrated more so today cos utd dropping points yesterday. Now I would consider myself one of the more positive people on here when we dont get the right result but today I think it has sunk in to my head that 08 wont be when we lift number 19 and ill tell you why

We owned the ball again today but we do not have a killer instinct. We work the ball in to good positions only for the final ball to be sh*te or the person on the end of the final ball to finish poorly or let ball control let them down.

We are sh*te at corners and set pieces in general. Most teams who win things will score a fair few goals a season from set pieces not us tho. And why do we not leave a man or 2 up for the oppos corners so they have to leave 2 or 3 back or we could clear quick and counter?

We carry players I.E. Kuyt and Kewell today. Kewell,tho he has talent, is a lazy b***ard who doesnt give us enough. Kuyt is the opposite he works is balls off but offers nothing to us. To win the league you cant carry players in your team

If the board give Rafa the money he needs to get 2 or 3 players in then maybe we can still do it but after today im doubtful . Some of you will think im being harsh but from were im sitting we are our own worst enemyi
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #182: Dec 30, 2007 06:13:41 pm
      c'mon we have to be fair...apart from a couple of confused defensive  situations in the first half  .they played well today..

we have to say that city defewnce played extremely well today especially  Dunne.. when he(dunne) missed. luck was with city
        we should have won this  BUT.thats football

i was more pissed with the commentators,, as   usual nothing liverpool do is fantastic ..and city were fantastic today they said

koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #183: Dec 30, 2007 06:13:52 pm
      Listening to 5 live people having a go at Benitez, and that he will lose his job if we dont win the league?? f**cking hell idiots.

Only dickheads ring 5 live up - we all know that.  Rafa did asked to be judged on his league performance this season.  He was allowed 'free reign' to sign whoever he wants in the summer.

The simple fact of the matter is this - if he doesn't win the league then he had best finish pretty close to the leaders.

10 points half-way through suggests it will be 20 points at the end of the season.

Quick Reply