Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think the result to be ?

Liverpool to win
      (92.9%)
      A draw
      (7.1%)
      Liverpool to lose
      (0%)

Man City v Liverpool (30th December)

Read 10591 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Man City v Liverpool (30th December)
      Reply #184: Dec 30, 2007 06:20:37 pm
      WTF is Sven on about?

"Yes our defending paid off"  F**k OFF!  We had clear chances to finish you off and we didn't.  No sign of your defenders there!  >:(
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #185: Dec 30, 2007 06:21:02 pm
      Apparently Kuyt looks tired, Not being funny but we play Wigan at home tuesday and we will be on 41 points 6 points off the top dont start coming on the radio slagging Benitez off!!!.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #186: Dec 30, 2007 06:22:40 pm
      We created enough chances to have been deserved 2-0 winners, just one of those games. It is really hard to stomach when we all thought we were going to close the gap on the leaders.  

I think the players played well, but one thing i don't get is - why does Kuyt try to break the off-side trap?  He nearly always gets caught off-side and the rare time he does beat the trap nothing ever happens.  I was frustrated with him he gets caught far too often and is toothless.  I appreciate his hard work and effort but that raw talent is not there, which is needed at this level.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #187: Dec 30, 2007 06:24:22 pm
      Prag, I'm not talking about the whole game just the last few minutes. Those two for me were too slow in getting the ball into areas where we could hurt them. So yes we were watching the same game, you just misunderstood my post.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #188: Dec 30, 2007 06:25:45 pm
      Prag, I'm not talking about the whole game just the last few minutes. Those two for me were too slow in getting the ball into areas where we could hurt them. So yes we were watching the same game, you just misunderstood my post.

I think it has been mentioned before that Arbeloa gives more than Finnan as an 'attacking' right back.  When Agger returns I personally would prefer to see the ideal Liverpool defence of

Arbeloa - Carra - Agger - Aurelio
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #189: Dec 30, 2007 06:25:53 pm
      Apparently Kuyt looks tired, Not being funny but we play Wigan at home tuesday and we will be on 41 points 6 points off the top dont start coming on the radio slagging Benitez off!!!.

Maybe Rafa should rotate!! Who are these people that ring in with these stupid comments do 5 live hire these people or do they just sit by there phones waiting for us to draw so they can ring up with there " RAFA OUT " sh*te
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #190: Dec 30, 2007 06:26:38 pm
      We should win by 2 or more ( kuyt & torres chance )
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #191: Dec 30, 2007 06:28:00 pm
      I was perfectly happy with the rest of Finnan's performance TBH kk, it was just those last few minutes. That last throw in, Arbeloa had to run & get the ball cos Finnan was just strolling over.
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #192: Dec 30, 2007 06:33:27 pm
      We are still in there lads, 41 points after we beat Wigan! or shall i say we should!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #193: Dec 30, 2007 06:33:37 pm
      I was perfectly happy with the rest of Finnan's performance TBH kk, it was just those last few minutes. That last throw in, Arbeloa had to run & get the ball cos Finnan was just strolling over.

Eddie, I feel the same about Finnan, but felt it was probably more down to match fitness than anything else.  As for Mascherano I couldn't point any fingers at him, he kept their attacking players quite throughout the game, we never  had a look at Elano and Co.  
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #194: Dec 30, 2007 06:41:36 pm
      10 points half-way through suggests it will be 20 points at the end of the season.

Why does that suggest we'll be 20 points behind at the end of the season KK? If we win our game in hand, it's 7 points and a point behind Chelsea, but are people ruling them out? No, and people would do well not to write us off just yet. Admittedly if we don't get maximum points in nearly all the games coming up it'll look bleak, but no way would I suggest we'll be 20 points off the pace come May.

Oh, and good post Brian.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #195: Dec 30, 2007 06:45:32 pm
      Why does that suggest we'll be 20 points behind at the end of the season KK?

Simple mathematics.  If the top team is 10 points ahead of you then assuming the status quo remains the same then they will be 20 ahead by the end of the year.  Surely you don't think the top three sides are going to play the second half of the season like Liverpool and we are going to play it like Arsenal?

If we win our game in hand, it's 7 points and a point behind Chelsea

If If If.  You know exactly what we're like.  So much anticipation.  I think every Liverpool supporter in the world has already added these '3 points' to our tally everytime we look at the league table already.  I'm not going to do that.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #196: Dec 30, 2007 06:46:51 pm
      I also don't think it's a given that we'll be double the points behind come the end of the season. We have always performed better in the 2nd half of the season, and I don't see any reason for that to change.
      GoodfellaLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts | -2 
      Reply #197: Dec 30, 2007 06:50:45 pm
      I also don't think it's a given that we'll be double the points behind come the end of the season. We have always performed better in the 2nd half of the season, and I don't see any reason for that to change.

Your view is truly ignorant but thats what people have come to expect from you.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #198: Dec 30, 2007 06:52:48 pm
      Your view is truly ignorant but thats what people have come to expect from you.

Thats Eddie's opinion and he's entitled to it, just like you are
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #199: Dec 30, 2007 06:53:40 pm
      No my view is based on fact. Since Rafa has been here we have always performed better in the 2nd half of the season.

Oh, and who are these 'people' you speak of? Put your dummy back in & accept that you posted a sh*te topic & I pulled you up on it.
      GoodfellaLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts | -2 
      Reply #200: Dec 30, 2007 06:54:52 pm
      Thats Eddie's opinion and he's entitled to it, just like you are

Well everytime my opinion is wrong or not well judged instead of giving an answer like you have which is fair, EddieC has a go at me and I think hes an idiot.
      GoodfellaLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts | -2 
      Reply #201: Dec 30, 2007 06:56:24 pm
      Funny, lets see what EddieC said... http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,5753.0.html.

He is obviously not right in the head.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #202: Dec 30, 2007 06:56:32 pm
      When you say every time what you actually mean is once. I personally think near enough everything you've written has been sh*te, but I haven't commented on it.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #203: Dec 30, 2007 08:00:05 pm
      Well I'm afraid that I was one of the people who forecast a draw today, so I suppose I'm not too disappointed, although in saying that Liverpool had the lion's share of the game and certainly had more opportunities to score than City did.

So in that way I'm sad that we didn't take 3 points today, on the other hand, trying to remain optimistic, a point away from home is better than no points, and let's face it  as far as I'm concerned it's City who have dropped the points today not us, as a team should always win at home.

Why wouldn't that bloody ball go in the back of the net today. :f_steam:

I've got to agree with most people who have said that Kuyt just doesn't do, I think he's a great bloke and has had to deal with some personal problems, but Torres must be frustrated as hell, cos Voronin is crap (sorry if I offend anyone by saying that, and I don't normally call any of our players crap, cos if Rafa thinks they are good enough to play for Liverpool then I will always give them the benefit of the doubt) but he just isn't good enough.

Crouch is a good player but he's a bit hit and miss, doesn't get a regular spot in the team, is too bloody gangly and doesn't really play that well with Torres at times, so we definitely need another really good striker, a goal poacher to play up front with Torres who will compliment Torres's game.

I agree with Eddie when he says that we play better in the second half of the season, but I honestly think the best we can hope for is a top three finish, but I hope I'm so very wrong.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #204: Dec 30, 2007 08:29:41 pm
      To be honest having read some of your assumptions on here I have to say the problem is rotating the forward two too much. OK we all can live with the rotation and it makes sense a lot of the time but the front two have to be more consistant. I would possibly argue that to say Crouch has been hit an miss is a bit blinkered because lets face it he hasnt had that many chances this season to actually play a full match and his frustration was showed in the league Cup against the chavs. IMHO Crouch and Torres would be the perfect partnership and Rafa really needs to play them together more often so they get a better understanding if you look at it its obvious in some respects, you have a fantastic pacy skillfull runner with the ball in Torres and you have the technically adept link man in Crouch, he can knock down those long balls for Torres to run onto. I bet my bottom dollor if Crouch had played this game the outcome would have been very different because we could have been more direct instead of trying to pass through them. This would have been the better tactic all round as soon as they saw what Shitty were doing. As we all know trying to run the ball in passes through 2 banks of men in this instance does not work and you have to give shitty their due here they did defend well.

Another point to take up is the lack of aggression in the penetrating areas, Ok Torres is strong and a great forward but in this game  and against the SCUM he showed little aggression, which is what you also need along with the skill in tight games. OK I hear some of you say we were disapointed at not winning, but at least we didnt lose and upon reading some of the negative crap posted in this topic you people of little faith should go an support Everton or something. Ok now lets look at the positives the SCUM lost Arsenal played sh*t and the only reason was the blueshite bottled it Chelsea were gifted a goal from the linesman who is probably Abramoviches rent boy like Shevchavko. If we beat wigan we come away with the highest points tally out of the so called big four for xmas period, so lets keep positive people, keep believing keep supporting because it aint over till the fat lady sings (No disrespect to fat ladies btw you are all beautiful)

FOOTNOTE:
      Eddie you need to make yourself clearer in posts mate you are becoming like my wife and expecting me to be a mind reader.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #205: Dec 30, 2007 08:32:18 pm
      Why wouldn't that bloody ball go in the back of the net today. :f_steam:

Hate to say it but Richard Dunne played an excellent game today  ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #206: Dec 30, 2007 09:23:46 pm
      For me we lost due to managerial incompetence or a lack of belief in our own players. Kuyt was pretty awefull today apart from his work rate. His footballing prowess was nil. Rafa should have been brave enough to put Babel on after 20 mins by which time it was obvious it wasn't going to be Kuyts day. As for Man City. At no time during the game did they look like they wanted to, or even believed they could win it. What a sorry state for the home side. And they have ambitions for the C.L. what a laugh. Totaly pissed off. We should have won by a country mile.

Quick Reply