Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread

Read 463359 times
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Re: Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread
      Reply #3864: Sep 04, 2019 11:37:12 pm
      Kijana Hoever left off champions league squad (unlimited) while other kids included. Not sure if it is some message. Seems to have had a tough time at the weekend. Hope this is nothing a i think he is a huge talent.

From wiki: Hoever completed his move to Liverpool in August 2018 from Ajax but had to wait until September 2018 for international clearance.

To qualify the b list: List B includes players born on or after January 1, 1998 who have been eligible to play for the club for any uninterrupted period of two years since their 15th birthday.

So, Hoever is not qualified for the b list.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3865: Sep 04, 2019 11:56:27 pm
      From wiki: Hoever completed his move to Liverpool in August 2018 from Ajax but had to wait until September 2018 for international clearance.

To qualify the b list: List B includes players born on or after January 1, 1998 who have been eligible to play for the club for any uninterrupted period of two years since their 15th birthday.

Thanks for the clarification
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3866: Sep 05, 2019 01:52:09 am

Just looked up the A list rules, teams have to have 8 players from their own federation, including four from their own club (for at least two years). Since there are only 7 on the A list who meet that definition they only get to have 24 on the A list. Hoever still could have been selected for this but was passed over for Sepp Van den Berg.

Paul Gorst mentioned that there is more right-sided cover available than on the left. Hoever still could play in the League Cup match later this month and there are EFL Trophy games as well. Agree it's not a huge deal, but he definitely could have been named in the squad.

Agree with FK10 about Herbie Kane. Supposedly he might be getting an opportunity in the League Cup as well. We'll see.
      « Last Edit: Sep 05, 2019 02:04:50 am by Robby The Z »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3867: Sep 14, 2019 11:59:28 pm
      Under 18's lost 5-2 at city after leading twice
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3868: Sep 16, 2019 02:03:14 am
      U23s draw 3-3 with Derby County. Brewster started but was withdrawn after 15 minutes on orders from Klopp I guess, due to Origi's injury earlier. Hopefully that doesn't mean Origi is out for a long time, but there is at least a chance Rhian will travel to Napoli.

Haven't seen any video of the match yet but Harvey Elliott and especially Curtis Jones got good marks. If Klopp goes with 10-11 changes in the lineup next week at the League Cup, he's likely to go with Milner at outside back and that would give Jones an opportunity to start in midfield (also depending on Naby Keita's fitness).
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3869: Sep 16, 2019 09:25:07 pm
      The uefa youth league game vs Napoli (1 pm UK time) will be streamed through various providers. The uefa.com site has information. This is a u19 competition so mostly u18s, but I notice Hoever, Elliott, Van Den Berg and Jones all made the trip so they could be in this match (I think they are all age eligible). Anyway, it is watchable for anyone interested
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3870: Sep 17, 2019 02:05:00 pm
      The uefa youth league game vs Napoli (1 pm UK time) will be streamed through various providers. The uefa.com site has information. This is a u19 competition so mostly u18s, but I notice Hoever, Elliott, Van Den Berg and Jones all made the trip so they could be in this match (I think they are all age eligible). Anyway, it is watchable for anyone interested

Many of these did start, but Sepp not included. Napoli leads 1-0 at half. Game being played on plastic.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3871: Sep 17, 2019 03:23:54 pm
      Team created tonnes of chances in 2nd half and for a late equalizer from Layton (sp?) Stewart. Was actually pretty entertaining to watch.

Best players for me were Curtis Jones who must be a candidate to feature in the league Cup next week, and Leighton Clarkson, great vision and ability to hit a killer pass from midfield.

Now on to the main attraction.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3872: Sep 17, 2019 03:40:09 pm
      Quite a few lads in today's team that I haven't heard of before.

Fair play to them for getting a point with a late equaliser away in Italy.  Wouldn't turn my nose up at the seniors getting a similar result tonight.

Good assist there for bunhead.

https://streamable.com/oomyx
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3873: Sep 20, 2019 04:48:32 pm
      U23s at Leicester on LFC TV at 7 pm UK time tonight. U18s at 1230 tomorrow also on LFC TV.

Anyone know who the kid is (not Brewster) in the training gallery on the official site. Don't recognize that one.

Never mind. Just realized he has gloves on. It's Kelleher doing ball drills w the outfield players. Leighton Clarkson also trained w the first team again today. Good footballer that one but I'm afraid he would get snapped in two against first team opposition. May need to grow a bit before his debut.
      « Last Edit: Sep 20, 2019 05:14:32 pm by Robby The Z »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3874: Sep 20, 2019 06:42:34 pm
      https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1175093547462270979?s=20

Reckon hoever, kane, jones and elliott have a chance to figure at mk in midweek
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3875: Sep 22, 2019 10:45:33 pm
      https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1175093547462270979?s=20

Reckon hoever, kane, jones and elliott have a chance to figure at mk in midweek

Interestingly both the first team and the hybrid U21s (plus two seniors if we want) play teams from League One on Wednesday night.  The League Cup game is where everybody coming in should be playing but I wonder if they will use kids on the subs bench or the normal starters. Curtis Jones I think is the most likely to start vs. MK Dons, depending on whether Jürgen wants Naby Keita on from the kickoff. Fullback is the position where we don't really have dedicated backups to step in so that might give KiJana Hoever or Neco Williams an opportunity. The EFL Trophy match is actually against a team higher in the standings (Fleetwood Town) than the League Cup opponent (won't affect our team selection, I know).

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3876: Sep 23, 2019 10:41:36 am
      Interestingly both the first team and the hybrid U21s (plus two seniors if we want) play teams from League One on Wednesday night.  The League Cup game is where everybody coming in should be playing but I wonder if they will use kids on the subs bench or the normal starters. Curtis Jones I think is the most likely to start vs. MK Dons, depending on whether Jürgen wants Naby Keita on from the kickoff. Fullback is the position where we don't really have dedicated backups to step in so that might give KiJana Hoever or Neco Williams an opportunity. The EFL Trophy match is actually against a team higher in the standings (Fleetwood Town) than the League Cup opponent (won't affect our team selection, I know).

Guys like Brewster, Gomez, Lovren, Shaq, the Ox & Lallana all stick ons to start midweek. then its whos fit enough from 1st 11, and whos looking good from U23s & u21s.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3877: Sep 23, 2019 02:10:31 pm
      Guys like Brewster, Gomez, Lovren, Shaq, the Ox & Lallana all stick ons to start midweek. then its whos fit enough from 1st 11, and whos looking good from U23s & u21s.

Yes, I was referring to U23 players when I said Jones was most likely. But I hope the usual first XI are all back on Merseyside Wednesday night rather than involved in the MK Dons match
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3878: Sep 25, 2019 07:39:52 pm
      The U21 side to face Fleetwood Town tonight in the EFL Trophy:
      GK: Nigel Winterbottom
      D: Neco Williams, Tom Clayton, Billy Koumetio, Morgan Boyes, Tony Gallacher
      M: Yasser Larouci (would have to be playing wide left), Jake Cain, Elijah Dixon-Bonner
      F: Tom Hill, Layton Stewart

Only 4 subs because I think the two matches and resting the first team starting XI have depleted our U23s and U18s combined!

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3879: Sep 25, 2019 09:55:58 pm
      Lost on pens after a 1-1 draw. Goal by neco Williams. Great effort by the boys
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3880: Oct 01, 2019 05:30:38 pm
      new coach in,https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/367054-Jürgen-klopp-vitor-matos-coach-appointment.Anyone know where the highlights for youth/u-23's are, used to loads kicking round?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3881: Oct 01, 2019 06:03:46 pm

On the official site go to 'News' and scroll down. Usually a lot of match highlights .
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3882: Oct 01, 2019 06:04:33 pm

So I'm interested to know where this new coach fits in with u23 coach Neil Critchley
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3883: Oct 01, 2019 06:08:53 pm
      So I'm interested to know where this new coach fits in with u23 coach Neil Critchley

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/367054-Jürgen-klopp-vitor-matos-coach-appointment
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3884: Oct 01, 2019 06:34:02 pm
      On the official site go to 'News' and scroll down. Usually a lot of match highlights .

Oh yeah but that's pay/premium content,was looking for free stuff.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3885: Oct 01, 2019 07:25:41 pm

Yeah i read it. Are you pointing out that Critchley isn't mentioned?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3886: Oct 01, 2019 07:52:21 pm
      Yeah i read it. Are you pointing out that Critchley isn't mentioned?

No , critchley is the under 23 coach but this role helps players when they step up and back down between the academy and the first team

Quick Reply