Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fitness thread

Read 225586 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2047: Jul 09, 2018 11:02:28 am
      Morning mates, can someone explain this? I keep seeing it on the back of different athletes, yet I still don't know what the hell is it...

It's called cupping... Blood letting..

I've had it done on top of my head & back of head, back & lower & legs..

Works wonders..

I've actually had it where the cups are removed & the the cup area cut with a scalp into small little slashes then re cupped to remove the dark coagulated blood..
      « Last Edit: Jul 09, 2018 11:06:32 am by Shabs »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2048: Jul 09, 2018 12:01:21 pm
      Morning mates, can someone explain this? I keep seeing it on the back of different athletes, yet I still don't know what the hell is it...

It’s the straps of a swimming costume mate.

Traditionally you’d see it only on female aquatic athletes but in this day and age....... :confused-smiley-013:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2049: Jul 09, 2018 12:17:15 pm
      It's called cupping... Blood letting..

I've had it done on top of my head & back of head, back & lower & legs..

Works wonders..

I've actually had it where the cups are removed & the the cup area cut with a scalp into small little slashes then re cupped to remove the dark coagulated blood..

What is it for Shabs mate?

Relieving bruising / soft tissue damage / harmatoma?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2050: Jul 09, 2018 12:31:05 pm
      What is it for Shabs mate?

Relieving bruising / soft tissue damage / harmatoma?

It's helps sis recovery, for example I suffered from lower back pain, was recommend cupping by friends whilst visiting Saudi, went to the hospital & had the treatment done, never had a lower back pain issue again, likewise shin splits, had cupping done on the muscle around the shin & no complaints ...

So to answer your questions, it helps in recovery..muscle,bone,blood flow, head aches etc etc..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2051: Jul 09, 2018 02:06:57 pm
      It's helps sis recovery, for example I suffered from lower back pain, was recommend cupping by friends whilst visiting Saudi, went to the hospital & had the treatment done, never had a lower back pain issue again, likewise shin splits, had cupping done on the muscle around the shin & no complaints ...

So to answer your questions, it helps in recovery..muscle,bone,blood flow, head aches etc etc..

Interesting......I train like a maniac but I’m remarkably unsophisticated in a sports science or healing/recovery sense.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2052: Jul 09, 2018 03:02:22 pm
      8.3 mile walk in 38°C heat. No rush, but the Cypriot coast is gorgeous.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2053: Jul 09, 2018 04:23:31 pm
      8.3 mile walk in 38°C heat. No rush, but the Cypriot coast is gorgeous.
      Calories burned and muscle memory Rodders all grist to the mill. Well done 👍
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2054: Jul 09, 2018 04:46:19 pm
      Re start gym this Thursday, hoping me lungs can take it...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2055: Jul 09, 2018 09:52:39 pm
      Re start gym this Thursday, hoping me lungs can take it...

You’ll be fine mate just take it easy and don’t shock the body.

How long you been away?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2056: Jul 09, 2018 10:02:09 pm
      You’ll be fine mate just take it easy and don’t shock the body.

How long you been away?

About 4 months, but I've been keeping up with heavy lifting at home due to home renovations..

Just the running will take time to get use to, been chugging away & not long ago bought another box of 20...

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2057: Jul 09, 2018 10:22:39 pm
      Last couple of weeks has been just to hot to hit the roads for a run.

Should consider early morning but I’m just not a early morning exerciser.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2058: Jul 19, 2018 07:23:04 am
      5k this morning because I was pushed for time and ran at 4’31 /km including a few hills.

Training been really intense and to add pre-season work with the Sunday team. Shuttle sprints and hill sprints on Sunday and a spin class on Tuesday.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2059: Jul 22, 2018 05:46:33 pm
      Just finished a 15 minute Ab Hiit that I probably wasn't quite ready for. I'll be alright, as long as I don't have to stand up and walk anywhere.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2060: Jul 25, 2018 03:24:05 pm
      Going back to full keto diet again after a few months of eating whatever (which was fantastic :D)

40mins of kettlebells today too, trying to sap the rest of the sugar and carbs out of me asap and get to ketosis so workouts will be easier than today.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2061: Jul 30, 2018 04:15:01 pm
      Maybe a little unrelated. Tend to do hill and intervals on my spin bike, so they tend to be more endurance than anything.

Thinking of doing a 500-mile challenge on my bike which equates to 16 odd miles per day for 30 days. Firstly, if I do I'd obviously want to fundraise but the question is what? My dad had testicular cancer and found it early enough to have it all removed thankfully, so it's probably something I'd want to fundraise for. However, my issue is do I do it for the likes of Cancer Research for example who do get a lot of fundraising as it is, or the likes of Macmillan or a much smaller charity?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2062: Jul 30, 2018 05:00:26 pm
      Maybe a little unrelated. Tend to do hill and intervals on my spin bike, so they tend to be more endurance than anything.

Thinking of doing a 500-mile challenge on my bike which equates to 16 odd miles per day for 30 days. Firstly, if I do I'd obviously want to fundraise but the question is what? My dad had testicular cancer and found it early enough to have it all removed thankfully, so it's probably something I'd want to fundraise for. However, my issue is do I do it for the likes of Cancer Research for example who do get a lot of fundraising as it is, or the likes of Macmillan or a much smaller charity?

It's down to you mate, when doing charity things I'll either do something a family member or friend has gone through or is going through, or a local charity which helps out people close to home. Either way the money goes to a great cause.

There's also no reason why all the money needs to go to one place, you could split it between 2 or more.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2063: Jul 30, 2018 05:19:24 pm
      It's down to you mate, when doing charity things I'll either do something a family member or friend has gone through or is going through, or a local charity which helps out people close to home. Either way the money goes to a great cause.

There's also no reason why all the money needs to go to one place, you could split it between 2 or more.

I reckon cancer charity just because I've obviously had someone go through it and been around others that have had experience with it much worse than anything I'd have experienced with my dad. But just conscious of how much CR are funded as is, but I do hear a lot about how much Macmillan do so I'm a little torn.

Out to do 16 miles on the bike now and see how long it takes. Need to see how manageable it will be, idea is to test myself and raise some money at the same time as improving overall fitness. Win win.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2064: Jul 30, 2018 05:40:09 pm
      I reckon cancer charity just because I've obviously had someone go through it and been around others that have had experience with it much worse than anything I'd have experienced with my dad. But just conscious of how much CR are funded as is, but I do hear a lot about how much Macmillan do so I'm a little torn.

Out to do 16 miles on the bike now and see how long it takes. Need to see how manageable it will be, idea is to test myself and raise some money at the same time as improving overall fitness. Win win.

Good stuff mate, win win indeed!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2065: Jul 30, 2018 07:13:04 pm
      So got 16miles done in 58 mins.

2 miles at 50-60% resistance with every 3rd mile at a low easy gear. Mile 11 on absolutely killed! Had to stop at 10 to refill water too, so I know to bring two water bottles into the garage with me next time! :laugh:
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2066: Jul 31, 2018 01:43:09 pm
      So got 16miles done in 58 mins.

2 miles at 50-60% resistance with every 3rd mile at a low easy gear. Mile 11 on absolutely killed! Had to stop at 10 to refill water too, so I know to bring two water bottles into the garage with me next time! :laugh:

Knocked a minute off my time today, same distance.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2067: Aug 02, 2018 12:34:43 pm
      Knocked a minute off my time today, same distance.

‘Kin hell mate......thought that was running initially and competitive me felt suddenly very f#ckin old!

Great work 👍

My first day back at gym later after 3.5 wk in Tenerife 😢
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2068: Aug 10, 2018 07:38:25 am
      Not been doing much at all in the way of cardio in the last couple of weeks but out a run this morning. Was a real effort getting outta bed and motivated but 5k in 22:25 which is not bad considering.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2069: Aug 11, 2018 10:16:04 am
      Not been doing much at all in the way of cardio in the last couple of weeks but out a run this morning. Was a real effort getting outta bed and motivated but 5k in 22:25 which is not bad considering.

Great effort mate keep it going

Quick Reply