Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fitness thread

Read 225607 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2116: Nov 22, 2018 10:51:24 pm
      Running at least 5k three times a week. Working out 5 days a week. Now a clear 225lbs (102kg) lighter than my heaviest. Another 70lb, give or take, to go. Aiming for 200lb as my target weight.

Been working on strength building the last couple of weeks, really struggle with pushups.

Noticed a huge improvement in my resting heart rate as well, from 85-95 per minute to between 62-68 per minute.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2117: Nov 22, 2018 11:18:42 pm
      That's good going Rodders keep it up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2118: Dec 19, 2018 10:48:02 am
      First ever sub 50mins 10k last night @ 48.59s
      Well chuffed although feeling it this morning, probably wonā€™t be much running now till the New Year.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2119: Dec 19, 2018 11:08:57 am
      Running at least 5k three times a week. Working out 5 days a week. Now a clear 225lbs (102kg) lighter than my heaviest. Another 70lb, give or take, to go. Aiming for 200lb as my target weight.

Been working on strength building the last couple of weeks, really struggle with pushups.

Noticed a huge improvement in my resting heart rate as well, from 85-95 per minute to between 62-68 per minute.

That is absolutely sensational. Well in Rodders. How are you feeling mentally as well as physically in comparison?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2120: Dec 19, 2018 11:29:36 am
      First ever sub 50mins 10k last night @ 48.59s
      Well chuffed although feeling it this morning, probably wonā€™t be much running now till the New Year.

Well done mate - bet it feels good though.

If youā€™re anything like me youā€™ll just keep whittling away 10-15 secs off that now youā€™ve broken the barrier.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2121: Dec 19, 2018 11:30:48 am

That is absolutely sensational. Well in Rodders. How are you feeling mentally as well as physically in comparison?

Great effort Rodders and great question FMS.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2122: Dec 19, 2018 11:59:16 am
      Well done mate - bet it feels good though.

If youā€™re anything like me youā€™ll just keep whittling away 10-15 secs off that now youā€™ve broken the barrier.

Deffo feels good mate i suppose itā€™s one way of keeping motivated.

Donā€™t know about you mate no matter how good your running music is it can get a bit monotonous without something to aim for.

So itā€™s a sub 1.50 half marathon in the summer for me.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2123: Dec 19, 2018 12:29:05 pm
      Deffo feels good mate i suppose itā€™s one way of keeping motivated.

Donā€™t know about you mate no matter how good your running music is it can get a bit monotonous without something to aim for.

So itā€™s a sub 1.50 half marathon in the summer for me.

Agreed - Iā€™m into podcasts now and rarely listen to music. The Anfield Wrap and the Echoā€™s ā€œBlood Redā€ are good plus I listen to boxing ones and a bundle of True Crime ones. Bit more engaging and passes time better.

Having said that though Iā€™ve only been running indoors in 2018 and doing a lot of interval training and weights for a change.

Might get back to outdoors in new year.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2124: Dec 19, 2018 12:57:57 pm

I was feeling great, it's kind of come to a halt the last fortnight, but it is all work induced, I work in the parcel business and....this time of year.

I knew this was coming but you can never fully prep for the hours you end up putting in, to get the job done.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2125: Feb 18, 2019 02:17:14 pm
      Really struggled to "find" the time to do anything since November/December. The job I quit in January, for me, was the reason. Could never seem to get the time to do it, always working, even when on days off. Leads to anxiety for me and I end up just wanting to find a way to chill out and end up comfort eating too.

My heaviest has been 17st (108kg) in 2017. I got down to 14st 10 (93.5kg) by Dec 2017/Jan 2018 which is my lightest since I was about 14/15.

I'm currently sitting at 15st 10 (100kg) and aiming to get back down to 14st level.

Need to stop letting anxiety get the best of me and just get to it because I feel fantastic after working out no matter what it is. The issue since November has been motivation. I start my new job soon and have had time to clear my head.

Have done 30 minutes on my spin bike the last two days (11miles in 30 mins) consisting of 2 mile warmup, 1 mile 8/10 resistance, 1 mile 2/10 resistance until I reach 30 minutes. Ends up being 4.5 easy miles and 4.5 hard miles. I take a small breather and then do a kettlebell workout as I want to try tone my arms/shoulders/chest. So just under an hour of working out and according to my polar HR monitor (chest) I'm burning 650-750 calories between the two.

I feel great, a little sore, but great nonetheless. Now for me, is to just get my diet back in order as that's the main reason for my weight gain.

Start of another journey, and I'm excited.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2126: Feb 18, 2019 02:36:54 pm
      Really struggled to "find" the time to do anything since November/December. The job I quit in January, for me, was the reason. Could never seem to get the time to do it, always working, even when on days off. Leads to anxiety for me and I end up just wanting to find a way to chill out and end up comfort eating too.

My heaviest has been 17st (108kg) in 2017. I got down to 14st 10 (93.5kg) by Dec 2017/Jan 2018 which is my lightest since I was about 14/15.

I'm currently sitting at 15st 10 (100kg) and aiming to get back down to 14st level.

Need to stop letting anxiety get the best of me and just get to it because I feel fantastic after working out no matter what it is. The issue since November has been motivation. I start my new job soon and have had time to clear my head.

Have done 30 minutes on my spin bike the last two days (11miles in 30 mins) consisting of 2 mile warmup, 1 mile 8/10 resistance, 1 mile 2/10 resistance until I reach 30 minutes. Ends up being 4.5 easy miles and 4.5 hard miles. I take a small breather and then do a kettlebell workout as I want to try tone my arms/shoulders/chest. So just under an hour of working out and according to my polar HR monitor (chest) I'm burning 650-750 calories between the two.

I feel great, a little sore, but great nonetheless. Now for me, is to just get my diet back in order as that's the main reason for my weight gain.

Start of another journey, and I'm excited.

Brilliant - go for it mate.

I really relate to that as itā€™s a massive factor in my general equilibrium too.

Struggling at the moment as been toiling with a recurring virus & fatigue for couple weeks now (off work). Iā€™m really, really fed up and frustrated but I know itā€™ll pass.......eventually.

You can and you WILL get there mate āœŠ

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2127: Feb 18, 2019 08:18:30 pm
      Brilliant - go for it mate.

I really relate to that as itā€™s a massive factor in my general equilibrium too.

Struggling at the moment as been toiling with a recurring virus & fatigue for couple weeks now (off work). Iā€™m really, really fed up and frustrated but I know itā€™ll pass.......eventually.

You can and you WILL get there mate āœŠ

Cheers mate.

Hoping you feel better soon. Might be the same one Iā€™ve had, Iā€™m at latter end. Chest is cleared just still nasal and ears are at me, but much better than I was.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2128: Feb 18, 2019 09:57:07 pm
      Lads...

Iā€™ve been on a 4 day stag to Amsterdam  and 3 day wedding in St Andrews with an open bar. Iā€™ve literally drank over 100 pints this week and put on 1 stone in 7 days....

WORTH IT!

Will be doing some serious cardio to drop back down. Will keep you posted.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2129: Feb 20, 2019 05:40:41 pm
      No need for cardiopulmonary treadmill tests assess how CVD fit you are. Can you do 40 press ups?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sciencealert.com/what-new-science-says-about-men-who-can-do-over-40-push-ups/amp
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2130: Feb 20, 2019 06:09:46 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2131: Feb 20, 2019 06:22:04 pm

Yes.

But not this past fortnight.

Love a press up me.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2132: Feb 20, 2019 06:51:15 pm
      Not done press ups for years and thought I would give it a go.
      A lot harder than I remembered, there again Iā€™m a lot older 😳

Still got it though 🤣
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2133: Feb 20, 2019 06:56:46 pm
      Not done press ups for years and thought I would give it a go.
      A lot harder than I remembered, there again Iā€™m a lot older 😳

Still got it though 🤣

Itā€™s a great and versatile exercise. You can vary it so much to work different muscle groups.

Really cool
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2134: Feb 23, 2019 10:21:28 am
      Dropped 6 of the 7kg I put on last week in the last 7 days. No carbs passed my lips, lots of running and free weights. Beer weight comes off quick thankfully!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2135: Mar 25, 2019 08:47:05 pm
      Been really slack with the working out over the last year especially and my eating habits have been poor, probably the worst shape Iā€™ve been in. Worked out since I was about 15 for a solid 7/8 years and then with work and things it became more inconsistent for one reason or another. This last year though my eating I think has been poor, itā€™s not eating too much, itā€™s not eating enough, trying to get through the days on the odd thing here and there because just had no time in the day, so the muscle mass and weight has just generally dropped. The last couple of weeks though I realised that I needed to make a change, go back at it with full dedication because it wasnā€™t healthy. Iā€™m back onto the strict diet with a few meals, appropriate snacks and in the gym a lot more now. Single sessions at the moment whilst I get back into the set diet and workout regimes properly and then will go back onto double sessions.
      Obviously where the weight has just dropped off me Iā€™ve got the slight luxury of bulking for the minute.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2136: Mar 25, 2019 10:15:34 pm
      Been really slack with the working out over the last year especially and my eating habits have been poor, probably the worst shape Iā€™ve been in. Worked out since I was about 15 for a solid 7/8 years and then with work and things it became more inconsistent for one reason or another. This last year though my eating I think has been poor, itā€™s not eating too much, itā€™s not eating enough, trying to get through the days on the odd thing here and there because just had no time in the day, so the muscle mass and weight has just generally dropped. The last couple of weeks though I realised that I needed to make a change, go back at it with full dedication because it wasnā€™t healthy. Iā€™m back onto the strict diet with a few meals, appropriate snacks and in the gym a lot more now. Single sessions at the moment whilst I get back into the set diet and workout regimes properly and then will go back onto double sessions.
      Obviously where the weight has just dropped off me Iā€™ve got the slight luxury of bulking for the minute.

Good luck mate.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2137: Mar 27, 2019 10:02:35 am
      2nd session done with the PT this morning and enjoying it more than I thought I would.

The hardest part was actually going and getting the 1st one out of the way.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2138: Mar 28, 2019 07:24:01 am
      2nd session done with the PT this morning and enjoying it more than I thought I would.

The hardest part was actually going and getting the 1st one out of the way.

Good man Higgy - just keep the momentum going youā€™ll get a huge buzz.

Quick Reply