Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Mascherano: Anfield is my home, allow me to stay!

Read 8299 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Mascherano: Anfield is my home, allow me to stay!
      Reply #23: Jan 02, 2008 01:21:50 pm
      Sorry youve lost me!! How is that statement backing him, who do you mean by him?? You have obviously got to look in the "Ive just contradicted myself" locker mate and stop giving out negative kharma when not justified, and stop making one sentance statements without trying to justify your assumptions or opions.
      I have backed Momo and dont want to see him go. I like the way he plays and have said all along that he has his part to play. Check out the forum and you will realise i havnt bagged him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Jan 02, 2008 01:26:57 pm
      last transfer window we sh*t all over parry and the yanks heads only to find ourselfs with Torres, babel, Lucas and Benayoun at the end of the transfer window......great signings IMO, and now we are doing it again...only 2 days into the transfer window!

Have a little patience FFS!

Good deals, but any fan will admit he is useless and no one really knows what he does for the club. He doesnt come out and give anyone clarification about any news in the media. That whole debarcle with Rafa and Hicks, he didnt pop out and say, 'no, not true, its all good here and everyone is getting along'
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25: Jan 02, 2008 02:59:10 pm
      I dont no if this is true, i heard it on the radio legends football phone in, but apparently Hicks and Gillet have'nt paid any money to the club and that liverpool have had to loan money out, and H & G are slowly paying it back to the club. (this might be a load of bull, but thoguht i would give it a mention to if any one knows anythin more about it).
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #26: Jan 02, 2008 05:58:07 pm
      Ideally Rafa wants a world class player for each position and although Momo has had a rough time of it lately, what really pisses me off is the fact that some on this board were loving him at one moment then slating him for being sh*te the next. Some of you so called supporters are less consistant than Rob Styles referring decsions and its pretty pathetic to read at times. Its really getting quite immature at times.
      Pragmatic you surely can understand the reason for fans getting frustrated with Sissoko, because I certainly can.  I am not talking about those that are quick to conclude that a player is sh*t. But with his performances he is far from eligible to be worthy of being mentioned in a sentence that has world class written in it.  I don’t know what you were trying to imply.

Sissoko has had 6 starts in the prem the results of those games are 1 lost, 2 draws and 2 wins. One of the wins was the derby and that was far from convincing.   This is not mentioning that he was in the side against Marseille (home) and Chelsea in the league cup.  You can’t blame one player for all these results, but like I have said before poor passing may be able to be slightly camouflaged in other positions, but as a CM it comes too apparent and the consequences is disastrous.  It confuses the wingers, and attacking players in general as they don’t know whether to attack or be cautious.

I think he has potential but is costing us too many points.  If you look at the wingers their performances are very different when he is in the side especially Pennant.  If we keep him he has to play off the bench to minimise, as for my personal opinion, we get a good offer take it with a smile. 

« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2008 06:02:14 pm by king kenny »
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #27: Jan 02, 2008 06:02:25 pm
      Go on then we'll let ya stay,  just go tell ya Kia/West Ham to reduce the price!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #28: Jan 02, 2008 06:16:33 pm
      Go on then we'll let ya stay,  just go tell ya Kia/West Ham to reduce the price!

That’s what it’s all about after all the so-called 17m contractual price is not exactly peanuts.  If they can try and haggle a few million here and there, I say go for it.  After all, the club has the backing of their player, he has been bounced around and wants to stay here now.  The agents can’t do anything without Mascherano’s orders and we have a contract.
      streety893
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -3 
      • Theres always hope in our hearts
      Reply #29: Jan 02, 2008 06:18:00 pm
      Its clear the overall majority of Liverpool fans want mascherano so surely that must register with the owners H&G

His attributes are exceptional and the thought of us missing out on the midfield gem is unthinkable

If i had 17 million i would buy him myself

We have to keep this legend in the making at Liverpool Football club

YNWA
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #30: Jan 02, 2008 06:18:35 pm
      If i had one player that I would sign this january it would Macherano.

He has proved he is worth the 17million price tag to the yanks so I'm quite sure but more hopeful that they will bust the bank and make his loan permanant.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #31: Jan 02, 2008 07:24:55 pm
      Its clear the overall majority of Liverpool fans want mascherano so surely that must register with the owners H&G

His attributes are exceptional and the thought of us missing out on the midfield gem is unthinkable

If I had 17 million I would buy him myself

We have to keep this legend in the making at Liverpool Football club

YNWA
      Too right we have honoured him in a song and everything!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #32: Jan 03, 2008 05:05:34 pm
      Craptalk by Mascherano. It's about money and contracts. Period. Players should stop to pretend they have special emotions for certain cities or clubs if it's not for real. Can't it be that he just wants more money and therefore Gilett/Hicks are so reluctant?

Because normally a Mascherano deal would be a no-brainer....
      RED-X
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 03, 2008 06:20:23 pm
      I think we need it, I would like to stay
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34: Jan 03, 2008 10:47:02 pm
      Craptalk by Mascherano. It's about money and contracts. Period. Players should stop to pretend they have special emotions for certain cities or clubs if it's not for real. Can't it be that he just wants more money and therefore Gilett/Hicks are so reluctant?

Because normally a Mascherano deal would be a no-brainer....

I dont think this is crap talk, on what grounds are you basing that on the fact he leaves his guts on the pitch and gives 110% every week. Yes i admit to criticising the way he plays but it would be a sin to criticise his commitment to the team when he is on that pitch and it is not the first time that he has publicy came out and said he would like to stay at liverpool.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35: Jan 04, 2008 08:17:42 am
      Why do I have a feeling of deja vu here?

Remember when we nearly lost Gerrard to Chelsea because there was no clear statement that we wanted him to stay?

Parry went on holiday didn't he?

How about a clear unambiguous statement Rick?

Oh look, a flying pig.
      Oh mate how could compare Rick Parry to the original flying pig the great Tommy Lawrence.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #36: Jan 04, 2008 11:07:04 am
      The Masch deal will go through - the player wants it, the manager wants it and the fans want it. So it will happen.

What is happening now is the Iranian spin doctoring the value of his asset - just like he did with Tevez for Manure... he is our man I have no doubt of that.

Just hope we have some cash spare for another couple of players - especially if we off-load Kewell (Fulham?), JAR (Villa?), Crouch (City?) and Momo (Juve / Valencia?)... that should raise more than enough funds to own Masch and buy at least one more quality player... preferably a centre back... I would give El Zhar up-front or even Nemeth...with Torres.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #37: Jan 04, 2008 01:38:27 pm
      Oh mate how could compare Rick Parry to the original flying pig the great Tommy Lawrence.

Sorry Billy.

Didn't mean to impinge on the great man's name.

I remember his mud spattered frame flying through the air with a lot of affection. :f_sorry:
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #38: Jan 04, 2008 02:53:52 pm
      the second news by Ian Rush??? :o
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #39: Jan 04, 2008 05:22:53 pm
      Sign him and get it over with. FFS!!!
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #40: Jan 04, 2008 06:30:09 pm
      Juve are going to make a official bid. Lets hope we can get to him before they will.

I have trusted the owners so far, but that will disappear if they can't find the money to buy macherano

He is a world class midfielder and I dare say our hopes of winning the title would be almost over if we don't keep macherano at anfield.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #41: Jan 05, 2008 07:54:43 am
      Heard the scumbags are interested in Masc. if loosing to them last month is not bad enough than lossing Masc. wll be. Can't the Yanks see what we are buying into? Masc. has the potential to be turned into a world class attacking midfield if we care to watch him play closely. Its just that Rafa needs to develop him further as a player. Give him another year or two and 17 mil. will be peanuts to us and we may need to double or triple the figure to get him back here.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Jan 05, 2008 08:38:14 am
      Sorry Billy.

Didn't mean to impinge on the great man's name.

I remember his mud spattered frame flying through the air with a lot of affection. :f_sorry:
      Thanks for the reply Oldred,I knew you werent having a go at Tommy Lawrence,but I couldnt resist the reply.Cheers.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #43: Jan 23, 2008 02:09:56 pm
      Looks like Mascherano won't be staying.. unfortuantley... as he's been by far our best midfielder this season :(
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44: Jan 23, 2008 04:38:15 pm
      joke that were going to lose him. Our player of the season for me even ahead of Torres. Love watching him chase people down to get the ball agggh does me head in thinking of someone else getting him and he wants to play for us genuinely!

Christ there has to be some way we can keep him. 
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #45: Jan 23, 2008 05:03:28 pm
      joke that were going to lose him. Our player of the season for me even ahead of Torres. Love watching him chase people down to get the ball agggh does me head in thinking of someone else getting him and he wants to play for us genuinely!

Christ there has to be some way we can keep him. 

Maybe if Christ himself takes over from Rafa he can work a few miracles on and off the pitch... that is what I think a few un-real fans are expecting on here.

Wake up - smell the coffee - the club is firmly on S H I T  STREET at the moment.

Quick Reply