Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Fred? (Lyon)

Read 1273 times
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh
      • Started Topic

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Fred? (Lyon)
      Jan 04, 2008 04:43:21 pm
      Ok so we haven't officially been linked but he could be a very good investment and I found this.

STRIKER'S LYON CAREER HANGING BY A FRED
      Lyon coach Alain Perrin insists "the door is open" for wantaway striker Fred heading into the second half of the season.

The Brazil international has still to return to the club following the winter break.

When he does, he is expected to leave Les Gones after losing his place in the starting line-up to the in-form Karim Benzema. Paris St Germain have been strongly linked with a bid.

Perrin, however, is still counting on the Brazilian, and said on Friday: "I would like him to return so that he is ready to play if he is not transferred.

"If he must be sold, so be it. But if he must stay, he stays. The door is open."

Perrin does not appear too concerned about the no-show of Fred following the winter break.

"It isn't the first time a player is late back from the break," the former Sochaux coach added.

"It is not stopping me from sleeping. There will be administrative sanctions handed out by the club.

"In the squad, having people absent does not bother me. I am focused on the players who are available to me."

Perrin said he expects the 24-year-old to be back at Lyon this weekend, but he is not part of the squad for the Coupe de France clash at Creteil on Sunday.

Before Christmas, Fred admitted he was considering his future at Lyon.

"I want people to have confidence in me and for people to say to me, 'you are the number nine'," he said.

"But at the moment, that is impossible at Lyon. I would like to honour my contract until 2009 but if I want to stay in top form and in the Brazil squad, I can't continue like this."

Your thoughts?
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Re: Fred? (Lyon)
      Reply #1: Jan 07, 2008 11:11:53 pm
      i would welcome fred or any striker that can play with torres to the club but i also feel that babel could do the job
      Ryo_Saeba
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Re: Fred? (Lyon)
      Reply #2: Jan 08, 2008 10:30:40 pm
      Fred is not better than Kuyt or Voronin and he's slow. He just coming back from a serious injury. Aulas the director of Lyon said that he wants to make a transfer in France so I don't see any chances that Fred is coming to Liverpool. He'll go to PSG.

Quick Reply