Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Liverpool v Luton (FA Cup Replay) Tue 15 Jan

Read 5406 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Liverpool v Luton (FA Cup Replay) Tue 15 Jan
      Reply #23: Jan 14, 2008 02:32:17 pm
      Torres and Crouch up front. Luton have never played against a guy like Crouchie, wreck havoc against their defence.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #24: Jan 14, 2008 02:36:20 pm
      Luton have never played against a guy like Crouchie, wreck havoc against their defence.
      Despite the fact he scored our goal at Luton??
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #25: Jan 14, 2008 02:36:51 pm
      Torres and Crouch up front. Luton have never played against a guy like Crouchie, wreck havoc against their defence.

Crouch scored the goal to give us the lead against them last week mate. But I agree with you having Torres and Crouch up front tomorrow. In fact I'd prefer that strike force for most of the remainder of the season!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #26: Jan 14, 2008 02:39:47 pm
      In terms of their League. Probably why he didnt play on the weekend maybe, although i doubt he would save someone from the Prem to play in the FA.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #27: Jan 14, 2008 02:47:04 pm
      In terms of their League. Probably why he didnt play on the weekend maybe, although I doubt he would save someone from the Prem to play in the FA.

True, but I think it's fair to say Crouch has been nothing other than a cup player for us this season. It's interesting seeing as Rafa came out and said yesterday, that he plans to field his strongest side tomorrow? Would this mean Crouch will be on the bench?...
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #28: Jan 14, 2008 02:48:14 pm
      True, but I think it's fair to say Crouch has been nothing other than a cup player for us this season. It's interesting seeing as Rafa came out and said yesterday, that he plans to field his strongest side tomorrow? Would this mean Crouch will be on the bench?...
      Knowing Rafa, he is probably going to be having Voronin on the bench with Kuyt up-front *sigh*
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #29: Jan 14, 2008 02:55:33 pm
      Our best side including recent injuries IMO is :

Reina

Finnan    Carragher    Hyypia    Riise

Pennant  Gerrard  Mascherano Kewell

Torres   Crouch

No Babel up front because he simply hasnt played there enough to judge. Benayoun can easily go in for JP there or Agger can slip in for Hyypia. Might catch our first glimpse of Skrtel too.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #30: Jan 14, 2008 03:04:06 pm
      No Babel up front because he simply hasnt played there enough to judge. Benayoun can easily go in for JP there or Agger can slip in for Hyypia. Might catch our first glimpse of Skrtel too.

Unfortunately Agger has had a setback with his gammy foot, so we wont be seeing him tomorrow. Also Aurelio is fit again I think so he could possibly be in at left back. Whether that would put Riise ahead of Kewell ahead of him? Or possibly Babel?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Jan 14, 2008 03:10:21 pm
      Then Aurellio over Riise and stay as is, Riise doesnt deserve to be named when talking about strongest team atm.
      urmo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -2 
      Reply #32: Jan 14, 2008 03:10:36 pm
      i think riise is having a bad patch at the moment and he is due a goal. Get on him tomorrow night 1st scorer.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #33: Jan 14, 2008 09:08:49 pm
      Bump.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #34: Jan 14, 2008 09:36:20 pm
      I want to see Skrtel make an appearence, but we should not underestimate them, they will up the antee for the trip to Anfield, as will Havant & Waterlooville should we meet them, it is not as simple as some may make it out to be.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #35: Jan 14, 2008 09:38:09 pm
      I want to see Skrtel make an appearence, but we should not underestimate them, they will up the antee for the trip to Anfield, as will Havant & Waterlooville should we meet them, it is not as simple as some may make it out to be.

This kind of talk annoys me.

Liverpool FC should be wiping the floor with the likes of Luton and Havant and Waterlooville.  United, Chelsea and Arsenal all would.  We have around £100 million worth of talent on the pitch at times.  These players are getting paid vast sums of money - money that could be going on new stadiums etc - so they better had win and they had better make it look F***ing convincing.

The 'magic of the FA Cup' stopped in the last game.  That was the moment.  No more repeats.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #36: Jan 14, 2008 10:15:47 pm
      This kind of talk annoys me.

Liverpool FC should be wiping the floor with the likes of Luton and Havant and Waterlooville.  United, Chelsea and Arsenal all would.  We have around £100 million worth of talent on the pitch at times.  These players are getting paid vast sums of money - money that could be going on new stadiums etc - so they better had win and they had better make it look F***ing convincing.

The 'magic of the FA Cup' stopped in the last game.  That was the moment.  No more repeats.

A caning is what we all need from tomorrows match! A thumping victory, get a bit of our credibility that f*cking Hicks has got shut of back!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #37: Jan 14, 2008 10:22:27 pm
      My starting 11 v Luton:

Reina

Arbeloa - Carragher - Sami - Aurelio

Yossi - Gerrard - Mascherano - Babel

Torres - Crouch

Subs: Intandje, Finnan, Kewell, Xabi, Kuyt, Skrtel / Hobbs.

With a team in crisis coming to Anfield this should be nothing more than a formality, I mean a convincing formality. 4-0 is acceptable if not more.  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #38: Jan 14, 2008 10:35:54 pm
      great team,WE MUST WIN!!!
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #39: Jan 14, 2008 10:43:47 pm
      Knowing Rafa, he is probably going to be having Voronin on the bench with Kuyt up-front *sigh*
      I know what you mean. Peter needs to get more playing time. I don't think Rafa understands how vital he is. He's no better than Kuyt or Voronin from what I've seen.

Of course we'll win it!! Why wouldn't we?? Those redmen have a job to do, and that is to squash this team like a bug. We will win this game and go one to win many more these next few weeks!

Go get 'em you Reds!! YNWA :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Jan 15, 2008 02:09:30 am
      I have hardly watched Liverpool on Sky, if at all this season :o So I can't really comment on how they are playing!! No I lie, I must have watched one or two at the start or at Christmas as my boyf has sky+.

This is a must win game (obviously). I can see Luton maybe scoring but I can't see them winning, especially at Anfield. Hopefully though they don't get too embarrassed and put up a fight as I feel really bad for them in the situation they're in at the mo :(

It's on Sky isn't it?
      urmo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -2 
      Reply #41: Jan 15, 2008 09:58:13 am
      Yes its on sky sports 2. I can see a thrashing tonight with all the talk about benitez. the players will do the job for him tonight. Come on red men!!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #42: Jan 15, 2008 03:09:07 pm
      Bump!

Come on you mighty reds!!!

I can't wait to release some of this anger through my vocal chords tonight!!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,331 posts | 4959 
      Reply #43: Jan 15, 2008 03:10:20 pm
      Can't wait for the game now. I've went for 4-1 and hoping for a good attacking performance.

You going to the game RK?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #44: Jan 15, 2008 03:15:44 pm
      Yeah, in The Kop tonight mate.

Really looking forward to this game myself. Just want to put all the yank sh*t to the back of my mind and concentrate on what should be concentrated on, football! Hoping for a real good sharp attacking performance myself. Need to get stuck into them tonight and wallop them!! I've gone for 7-0. Optimistic?  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #45: Jan 15, 2008 03:18:46 pm
      As for the squad i would play if i was manager:

Itandje

Arbeloa    Hobbs   Hyypia   Insua

El Zhar     Lucas    Alonso   Leto

Crouch    Kuyt

Because honestly, we are LFC and should wipe the floor with teams like Luton. Also because we should pit our youngsters against teams in the FA cup to see how they go.

Quick Reply