Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Nabil El Zhar and Sebastian Leto (Racing Santander)

Read 2415 times
      AggerDoo
      Nabil El Zhar and Sebastian Leto (Racing Santander)
      Jan 16, 2008 06:18:40 pm
      Racing target Reds duo
      Spanish side seek loan deals for El Zhar and Leto
      By Francisco Acedo   Last updated: 16th January 2008

Racing Santander are in discussions with Liverpool regarding the loan of midfielders Nabil El Zhar and Sebastian Leto.
      El Zhar scored in Liverpool's Carling Cup victory over Cardiff in October but the 21-year-old has failed to secure regular first-team football at Anfield after arriving from St Etienne in 2006.
      Leto, 21, has also struggled to find a place in manager Rafa Benitez's plans following a summer move to the Reds from Argentine outfit Lanus.
      And Racing president Francisco Pernia has confirmed he is in contact with Liverpool as he attempts to lure the duo to Spain.
      "We have been speaking to the English club (Liverpool) for some weeks," Pernia told Diario Montanes. "But the deal is still not closed."
      However, Pernia insists that any deal would not give Liverpool an advantage in attempting to sign defender Ezequiel Garay.
      The Argentine has revealed a desire to play in England and the 21-year-old, who has a £14.2million get-out clause in his contract, is believed to be a target of Liverpool.
      Pernia, though, is adamant that Garay will not be offered as an incentive for any loan deal for El Zhar or Leto.
      "There is interest to buy our player (Garay) from big clubs," Pernia added. "But the name of Garay has not entered into this loan negotiation.
      "This is clear and Liverpool know our position. If the position is not clear Racing will miss out on El Zhar and Leto because we do not want problems in the future."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_3052423,00.html

I think it will be good for these two and if they show no signs of progress after his get rid of them. And concerning Garay he is a good player and has bee linked with numerous top clubs.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Re: Nabil El Zhar and Sebastian Leto (Racing Santander)
      Reply #1: Jan 16, 2008 06:20:04 pm
      Let leto go full time coz he is sh*t, and just send El Zhar on loan, becasue that kid has got potential.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #2: Jan 16, 2008 07:35:14 pm
      Let leto go full time coz he is sh*t, and just send El Zhar on loan, becasue that kid has got potential.
      Leto is not good enough to play for us. And El Zhar is youth talent at its highest level; so don't even loan him
      stiffler
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 16, 2008 09:05:16 pm
      I think El Zhar could benefit from a sustained period in first team football, and a 3 month loan deal would be great for him.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #4: Jan 16, 2008 10:05:42 pm
      My God, do some of you guys even watch these lads play before commenting on them? Out of the two Leto is the one that is far more likely to make it, I'm sure anyone who's seen them both play regularly would agree. One wonder goal doesn't make a great player, and you can't base your judgement of a player on one or two games. Try watching these lads week in week out for the reserves & you'll see what I mean. 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Jan 16, 2008 10:41:33 pm
      My God, do some of you guys even watch these lads play before commenting on them?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Leto has been one of, if not the best players in the reserves this season. Not all players come along and fit in like Torres you know kids. In fact, very few players ever do.

Agreed, out of the two I'd imagine Leto being more likely to make it. But a loan deal to get them regular games wouldn't do any harm and could certainly benefit Leto's confidence. As long as they come back.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #6: Jan 17, 2008 12:16:41 am

I hope you get the job if Rafa goes.  You're without a shadow of a doubt a footballing genius.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: Jan 17, 2008 01:05:54 am
      I hope you get the job if Rafa goes.  You're without a shadow of a doubt a footballing genius.

:lmao:

I'd be all for, loan spells for a season.  As Kenny's just said, as long as they come back!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Jan 17, 2008 07:14:35 am
      El Zhar has great talent on the ball, havent seen much else of what he can do. I like Leto, i think he can make it in professional football, maybe for us, maybe not.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #9: Jan 17, 2008 10:40:10 am
      Both are good. Leto has an advantage of our left side being weak in the first team. El zhar way more skillful and creative. Both great players, i think if we didn;t already have two right wingers El zhar would get alot more games in the first team. With Anderson and Hammill both still liverpool players its hard to see who will be the next winger to break into the first team significantly.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Jan 17, 2008 12:01:53 pm
      Both are good. Leto has an advantage of our left side being weak in the first team. El zhar way more skillful and creative. Both great players, i think if we didn;t already have two right wingers El zhar would get alot more games in the first team. With Anderson and Hammill both still liverpool players its hard to see who will be the next winger to break into the first team significantly.

Again I ask have you seen them play regularly? Apologies if you have, but I don't see how anyone would say El Zhar's the more skillful player if they had. Yes it was a great goal he scored against Cardiff, but one great goal doesn't make a great player. When playing for the reserves, with lads his own age, El Zhar definitely doesn't stand out from the crowd, whereas Leto, along with Pacheco & Nemeth, does.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #11: Jan 17, 2008 03:29:45 pm
      Personally I think it would be good for them to go out on loan and gain some experience because lets face it they are nowhere near ready for the first team.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #12: Jan 18, 2008 09:50:06 am
      Again I ask have you seen them play regularly? Apologies if you have, but I don't see how anyone would say El Zhar's the more skillful player if they had. Yes it was a great goal he scored against Cardiff, but one great goal doesn't make a great player. When playing for the reserves, with lads his own age, El Zhar definitely doesn't stand out from the crowd, whereas Leto, along with Pacheco & Nemeth, does.

I didn't even mention the cardiff goal so there really is no point mentioning it and I don't see how that would make me think el zhar was skillful, he scored from distance big deal sissoko and voronin have done that this season doesnt make them great or skillful either. El zhar is the more skillful of the two in my opinion leto is good at getting past his man but from what I see he isnt the most skillful he is a great player don't get me wrong but I think el zhar has more tricks up his sleeve and is more creative in terms of tricks and flicks. if Leto is as good as he seems in the reserves he should be atleast on the bench for a good few first team games given the weakness of the left side of our midfield at the moment I think he is good but not THAT skillful. He seems to have better vision though he is a better overall player buti see him as less skillful, i think he has a good eye for a pass and creates space for a good pass well.
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2008 10:42:22 am by lil cisse »

Quick Reply