Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

What should Rafa do next?

Read 4584 times
      Arshad 4pool
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -1 
      Re: What should Rafa do next?
      Reply #23: Jan 15, 2008 03:27:40 am
      I Agree with most guys.Rafa can respond only on football pitch. He should shed his awful rotation policy, play best 11-that includes crouch also-and attack from start in every game. he should not invite more trouble by fiddling with his team and formation.if he does that he'll lose more fans as well as games. but situation is different that previous time when fans demonstrated 4 him.Team has lost lot of ground since and rafa is partly responsible 4 that wit his team selection and formation. Let's hope he realises that and we are fully behind rafa then .
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #24: Jan 15, 2008 08:51:23 am
      I Agree with most guys.Rafa can respond only on football pitch. He should shed his awful rotation policy, play best 11-that includes crouch also-and attack from start in every game. he should not invite more trouble by fiddling with his team and formation.if he does that he'll lose more fans as well as games. but situation is different that previous time when fans demonstrated 4 him.Team has lost lot of ground since and rafa is partly responsible 4 that wit his team selection and formation. Let's hope he realises that and we are fully behind rafa then .

Problem with the "play your best 11" you are never going to keeep everyone happy that way neither.

Rafa's best 11, My best 11, your best 11, everyone else's on the forum's best 11 will undoubtedly be different. Therefore he's still not keeping the masses happy.

neil
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 15, 2008 09:58:46 am
      he needs to stop all the rotation crap we need to stat winning some games man he will always be remembered till the end
      urmo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -2 
      Reply #26: Jan 15, 2008 10:02:08 am
      well said neil. I see your new to the forum. Welcome. Rafa is the right man for the job. He needs to pick the  same team week in week out.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #27: Jan 15, 2008 10:04:01 am
      The best way Rafa could deal with this is concentrate on the squad and win us the champions league and ram everything down the Yanks throats.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #28: Jan 15, 2008 10:14:38 am
      he needs to stop all the rotation crap we need to stat winning some games man he will always be remembered till the end

well said neil. I see your new to the forum. Welcome. Rafa is the right man for the job. He needs to pick the  same team week in week out.

How the hell does this debate rear its head in near enough every topic? Stop believing what you read in the press & start doing your homework lads, Rafa doesn't make more changes than any of the other top managers, it's just the press hyping it up, and it is gullible people like yourselves that add to the snowball effect & turn it into an issue.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #29: Jan 15, 2008 10:18:44 am
      Rafa can only hope that his under-performing players click into gear on the pitch - and try to put his pride (which must be so, so hurt) in his back pocket...for now.

For me this is more of what Parry can do next...

I've only seen Rafa cry once - at his last press conference for Valencia - I don't want to see the proud man cry again at a Melwood or Anfield press conference for many, MANY years - as Pako used to say about his once friend "Rafa is made of stone" - long may it last.

The man I can't, for the life of me, understand is Rick Parry - the man who carefully prized Rafa from Valencia (when their owners started pissing about with budgets and transfers...and look what has happened to them since!!) - and now knowing how proud (and talented) Rafa is - and says absolutely NOTHING publicly about these american buckets of verbal sh*te to the media... his silence is deafening.

Parry, you are proving yourself to be nobody at the club anymore... at least leave with your dignity intact and stand-up for Rafa - do you think we can't notice ffs? ...make a stand with Rafa - I am sure Moores would support you... don't let these Yanks F**k with our club!

My only conclusion is that Parry himself feels severly in danger for his job or pay-off or bonus (either way money)... and he doesn't even fart in private anymore... for fear of a Yank sniffing it a while later.

Come on Rick - say something / anything - por favor - for your own self-respect and dignity and the respect to/from all reds around the world for you as our CEO!!!!
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2008 10:22:51 am by donrafael »
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #30: Jan 15, 2008 10:22:43 am
      How the hell does this debate rear its head in near enough every topic? Stop believing what you read in the press & start doing your homework lads, Rafa doesn't make more changes than any of the other top managers, it's just the press hyping it up, and it is gullible people like yourselves that add to the snowball effect & turn it into an issue.

Well said Eddie,

The point I was trying to make is if he does pick the same 11 every week the majority of fans will be moaning why isn't he playing? or why is he being left out ?.

As most people have a different idea on what the 11 should be.

Nothing will have been achieved as most people would still not be happy.

Unless Rafa 's best 11 matches someone elses everyone will still be moaning.

So the "same 11" argument becomes very flawed
      urmo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -2 
      Reply #31: Jan 15, 2008 10:23:53 am
      is that eddie c picking on the new lads again. sorry chief
        :-\
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #32: Jan 15, 2008 10:26:53 am
      is that eddie c picking on the new lads again. sorry chief
        :-\

Yeah he done that when i joined to.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #33: Jan 15, 2008 10:41:14 am
      Rafa is too stubborn to realise that he has not go the depth in squad to rotate and try to win both CL and Prem titles.

For Liverpool FC, it's still a question of priorities - at least this season... BUT let's not forget the amount of injruies that have, for the most part, totally screwed-up (or almost screwed-up) Rafa's plans of a multi-parallel attack on trophies.

I mean, who HASN'T been injured this season? ...think about it... Reina maybe.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #34: Jan 15, 2008 11:45:53 am
      Nothing to do with being new urmo, just fed up with rotation being dragged up in every thread, there is a topic on rotation already running, this one's about what Rafa should do from now.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #35: Jan 15, 2008 12:33:24 pm
      Rafa can only hope that his under-performing players click into gear on the pitch - and try to put his pride (which must be so, so hurt) in his back pocket...for now.

For me this is more of what Parry can do next...

I've only seen Rafa cry once - at his last press conference for Valencia - I don't want to see the proud man cry again at a Melwood or Anfield press conference for many, MANY years - as Pako used to say about his once friend "Rafa is made of stone" - long may it last.

The man I can't, for the life of me, understand is Rick Parry - the man who carefully prized Rafa from Valencia (when their owners started pissing about with budgets and transfers...and look what has happened to them since!!) - and now knowing how proud (and talented) Rafa is - and says absolutely NOTHING publicly about these american buckets of verbal sh*te to the media... his silence is deafening.

Parry, you are proving yourself to be nobody at the club anymore... at least leave with your dignity intact and stand-up for Rafa - do you think we can't notice ffs? ...make a stand with Rafa - I am sure Moores would support you... don't let these Yanks F**k with our club!

My only conclusion is that Parry himself feels severly in danger for his job or pay-off or bonus (either way money)... and he doesn't even fart in private anymore... for fear of a Yank sniffing it a while later.

Come on Rick - say something / anything - por favor - for your own self-respect and dignity and the respect to/from all reds around the world for you as our CEO!!!!

So well said the "Don"

At my time in life I'd like to think I can make an accurate assessment of a persons character, and Ive seen Rafa interviewed enough to do that. Football apart Ive got Rafa down as a 1000% thoroughly decent fella.
      I myself on hearing about Klinnsman contract offer, would have tended my resignation  with immediate effect, and see if it was excepted?? thats the only way I would be able to guage the yanks support for me? But then I'm very rash and Rafa's not!!
      If the sh*t he's enduring now continues until the summer I'll guarantee you, they will have forced him out. At the end of the day he's a humanbeing with feelings and theirs only so much crap a man can take!! If that were to happen then that would be a very dark day for our club, not just loosing our respected manager but also the manner in which it had been done.
      Once you are on that slippery slope in any job its extremely difficult to remedy the situation, anybody looking a Rafa can see it in his face. I sincerely hope and pray that my assessment of the situation is wrong, but somehow I think that the gutter press got it partly correct and the headline "Dead man walking" in all probability will turn out to be correct.
      IRWT
      YNWA
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #36: Jan 15, 2008 12:48:24 pm
      Best thing for him to possibly do is what the club expects and not get dragged into all of this, keep his head down and try to get on with his job. Have a chat with his players about the situation and tell them how much he needs them at this time.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Jan 15, 2008 12:53:49 pm
      Get stuck in, do his job, show that the Yanks are scum bas**rds and let them rot in hell. I think a run of 5 or so matches would show the bas**rds even when he is down he isnt out and has that fighting spirit.

We all know what the man is like and he is the right man for us but we need to convince the men at the top about him. Rally hard tonight outside and inside Anfield and tell them to put up or shut up otherwise they can run off with their 75 million and let the DIC run a brilliant football club properly.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #38: Jan 15, 2008 01:29:57 pm
      I really hope the talk off Rafa taking legal action against hicks is sh*te talk. Be the bigger man Rafa and go about your job with the dignity you always have. You will turn it around. In years time we will look back when he has a few league titles in the bag and say "jaysus remeber all that sh*te with the fellas who used to own the club"

I feel there are some on here who really dont appreciate that we have the best man in charge but we do. Number 19 will come under his reign so stick behind him
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #39: Jan 15, 2008 02:59:46 pm
      I really hope the talk off Rafa taking legal action against hicks is sh*te talk. Be the bigger man Rafa and go about your job with the dignity you always have. You will turn it around. In years time we will look back when he has a few league titles in the bag and say "jaysus remeber all that sh*te with the fellas who used to own the club"

I feel there are some on here who really dont appreciate that we have the best man in charge but we do. Number 19 will come under his reign so stick behind him

Certainly a very strong case for constructive dismissal isn't it... ?

But Rafa has far too much class than get his hands dirty like that.

They really, really don't know the man they are dealing with...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Jan 15, 2008 03:56:35 pm
      They really, really don't know the man they are dealing with...

Obviously not when they threaten to sack him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41: Jan 15, 2008 04:08:30 pm
      If the Yanks sack Rafa then there will be one hell of a backlash from the fans and I read what Rush had to say earlier and he said 'Liverpool are becoming a laughing stock under the current owners'  and he is absolutely 100% right, they are ruining the club. The fans want Rafa, the players want Rafa, the Staff want Rafa, the ex players want Rafa, everyone wants Rafa (except for you bas**rds who started getting on his back a bit recently, call your self liverpool fans. Liverpool fans dont do that, they dont listen to the press and speculation, frankly you should be ashamed of yourselves)

I.R.W.T
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2008 04:10:34 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42: Jan 16, 2008 01:49:49 pm
      if rafa was sacked them idioitic americans would never hear the last of it, what rafa needs to do is win a trophy (champions league) and silence them americans and the media
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #43: Jan 23, 2008 05:20:24 pm
      League Managers' Association confirm Rafa Benitez contact

RAFAEL Benitez has been given "advice, support and encouragement" by the managers' union as the battle for control of Liverpool comes to a conclusion.

Liverpool are bracing themselves for the expected announcement this week that American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have clinched a £350million re-financing package.

And that comes as the extent of the fans' animosity to the co-owners has become apparent, with two polls showing a vast majority of the club's support want the Americans out.

If Hicks and Gillett do gain a stronger hold on the club they bought with bank loans last February, it is likely to signal another major step towards boss Benitez's departure.

And the League Managers' Association have become involved at this stage to offer advice to Benitez.

The LMA's new chief executive Richard Bevan, in a BBC Radio Five Live interview, has admitted the organisation has been in touch with Benitez.

This has clearly come following admittance by Hicks that he and his partner Gillett held talks with Jürgen Klinsmann to discuss the German taking over at Anfield.

Bevan, who is the former chief executive of the professional cricketers' association, said: "Yes, we have been in touch with Rafael Benitez.

"We have provided advice, support and encouragement. But obviously we are unable to say any more."

It is believed that advice could be of a legal nature, with Benitez's position being undermined by his employers.

Full article here

This confirms to me that the yanks have sorted their next loan and will be in control for the time being. And I don't blame Rafa one bit for thinking of taking any legal action against the tw*ts. Just a shame that it will most certainly cost him his job.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #44: Jan 23, 2008 05:25:16 pm
      I am pretty sure now that Rafa will be leaving "by mutual consent" in the summer.

The problem is - he won't be the last.

Torres - Spurs? Arsenal?

Xabi -  Real Madrid? Barcelona?

Pepe -  Atletico de Madrid? Spurs (a la Torres)?

Masch - Juve? Inter? Man City?

Meltdown space my friends... let's just hope somebody can budge these Yanks... before they DESTROY our clubs short and medium term future.

I'm Angry beyond reason, again.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #45: Jan 23, 2008 05:26:58 pm
      Rick Parry must give good head is all I can think.  Allegedly.

Funny.  ;D  Rafa is doing the right thing. Focussing on the games.

Quick Reply