Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

What should Rafa do next?

Read 4617 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      What should Rafa do next?
      Jan 14, 2008 09:21:31 pm
      All these recent revelations (assuming Rafa didn't know) must be a shock to the fella.

What would you do if you were him?

Personally, if it wasn't the football club I love, and it was any other job I would be giving serious consideration in telling them where to stick their job.  Mind you I wouldn't if I would lose about £5 million in a pay-off if I did.

I'd feel within my rights to come out and call them a bunch of bas**rds and if they sacked me I would have strong grounds for constructive dismissal.
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2008 12:33:47 am by JD »
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: What should Rafa do next?
      Reply #1: Jan 14, 2008 09:25:49 pm
      It appears to me that Hicks is trying his hardest to push Rafa out, if I was him it would make me dig my heels in & refuse to go anywhere. Knowing the stubborn f**ker Rafa can be hopefully he'll do the same.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Jan 14, 2008 09:26:51 pm
      Hope he wears his tracksuit tomorrow night  ;) :D
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #3: Jan 14, 2008 09:27:52 pm
      Hope he wears his tracksuit tomorrow night  ;) :D
      After coming out of a completely focused session with coaching and training his team?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #4: Jan 14, 2008 09:28:37 pm
      Either way Rafa's position is surely untenable now.  These clowns know nothing about our sport.

How they can be so be ruthless with an excellent manager yet still allow a clown to actually remain as CEO of the club is completely and utterly beyond me.

Rick Parry must give good head is all I can think.  Allegedly.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #5: Jan 14, 2008 09:29:55 pm
      If I were Rafa I would keep my head down get the job done, and bide my time. Here are the reasons why.

1.The fans are in support of me
      2.Eventually this will blow over and in time I will be a position to bargain with the owners on my terms.
      3.Wait and see what happens in the summer and if DIC come in with another offer.

Rafa is an astute character, quiet yet unassuming he loves the club and the fans and the reason why is because of the adulation he recieves which he has never had in his career or life before.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #6: Jan 14, 2008 09:30:24 pm
      What should Rafa do now? Exactly the same as he was when he first started here.. concentrate on his job and not interfear with the backroom staffs!
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #7: Jan 14, 2008 09:34:06 pm
      Rafa must now focus on the match tomorrow and try to forget about the underhand management of Hicks and Gillette.

I would hate to see Rafa leave our club and my only hope is that DIC rescue us from those two morally corrupt Americans.

We all need to take a stand against Hicks and Gillette tomorrow and voice our anger and loss of trust and confidence.

We should respomd as we did when thousands took to the streets in protest.

Everyone must back Rafa and hope DIC make a renewed bid.

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      Messiah
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #8: Jan 14, 2008 09:35:44 pm
      Hi everyone
      Haven't been posting for some time because the other posts are so good and always seem to hit the nail on head (who mentioned head?)  I think Rafa should sit tight, get the lads performing despite all this and show those pr*cks the long and winding road out of British Football.  it's so obvious they haven't got a clue!!  The best revenge is that eaten cold and lets hope Rafa gets a huge opportunity to dish it up ice cold!!!
      Come on Rafa mate, keep your pecker up, i'm on your side!

Anne ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: Jan 14, 2008 10:00:58 pm
      Agreed, I'd dig my heels in and stick it out!

DIC coming in would be the best possible scenario! If they were to takeover, Rafa would stay in place and we'd have money to sort the stadium AND finance the team!

Failing that though, I'd come out and call them a pair of meddling bas**rds and see if they sack me! 8) £5m wouldn't be too bad!

At the end of the day, they're not going to be good to work under are they?
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #10: Jan 14, 2008 10:12:50 pm
      if i was rafa i certainly wouldn't be going anywhere.  those yanks are f***in stupid.  they've come out and admitted what back stabbing bas**rds they are.  it explains a lot of what has benn going on lately, why rafa is obviously pissed off, and who wouldn't be.  makes me f***in mad. that interview has been a p.r. disaster, you wonder what rick the dicks role in all of this is. hope those two cu*ts F**k off real soon and take their gimp with them.
      Ally
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 14, 2008 10:14:07 pm
      I think they have Parry in that position (on his knees) because he is a yes man. Hes a spineless tw*t, perfect in their eyes. Id love to see Rafa dig his heels in to, but the last few months must have been hell for him.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #12: Jan 14, 2008 10:40:36 pm
      Pick his strongest 11 and play Luton off the park. No disrespect meant but with the quality of players in our squad and the gulf in class between the 2 teams can you actually believe this match is going to take place tomorrow?  :f_doh:  :f_steam: It's ludicrous if you ask me.
      This will be their cup final tomorrow so they have nothing to lose but some gate receipts to gain due to our incompetence. I don't begrudge it them one bit, they earned every penny of it and then some.
      Rafa... strongest 11, no if's or buts.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6821 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #13: Jan 15, 2008 12:15:33 am
      For starters he has to shave the goatee off....it's been all downhill since he's grown it. ;)

Seriously though, as I think Eddie said it before, stay put Rafa, be a stubborn b***ard, we know you can be, because we have been pleading with you to play Ryan Babel up front with Torres for ages now and it still hasn't happened. Be stubborn Rafa and let's hope and pray :angel: that thos tw*ts sell out to DIC and F**k off back their own national sports.
      Poolgiants
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 94 posts | -31 
      Reply #14: Jan 15, 2008 12:24:56 am
      Benitez should win matches, that's what he should do. Win at Old Trafford, win at Stamford Bridge, win at the Emirates and win at the San Siro. Do his talking on the pitch. Win, win, win from now til the end of the season and his position will be untouchable. Is he capable of winning 13-14 of the remaining league games? Because if he's not he knows he's finished at Anfield. But he'll hardly resign and lose out on 3-5 million compensation. He'd be stupid to do that. 
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #15: Jan 15, 2008 12:29:58 am
      Either way Rafa's position is surely untenable now.  These clowns know nothing about our sport.

How they can be so be ruthless with an excellent manager yet still allow a clown to actually remain as CEO of the club is completely and utterly beyond me.

Cause its not about football its all about DOLLARS
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #16: Jan 15, 2008 01:00:34 am
      Rafa if obviously proud and a hard working man who I think would walk at the drop of a hat if he's messed around..........but

A few things to consider here. Firstly, at this moment in time he must be thinking about the outcome of the next couple of weeks. Maybe in a few weeks the Dubai lot might put an offer in that the so called 'custodians' can't refuse. In which case he should sit tight, keep his head down and focus of winning. Then with new owners at the helm who knows what might happen? Saying that he could find himself under pressure from them this time next year, but that is part and parcel of the job.

Secondly, I don't think he wants to be sacked or walk away from Liverpool. He has unfinished business, he wants to succeed in the premiership and he has also brought in players that he knows he can't let down by walking. He knows that in his absence the rest of the squad might disintegrate and then have to be re built again. He actually cares about Liverpool, cares about the players, loves the club and the city and so does his family. I just hope that all isn't completely screwed up over the next few months. I'd hate to lose everything and be stuck with the 3 muppetteers:(
      The Benitez reign could be one of the greatest. If only everyone would just let him get on with the job

Lets stand up and be counted.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2008 01:12:43 am by LondonRed »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Jan 15, 2008 01:27:24 am
      Good post LondonRed.

He should get on with his job and don't let the kn*b heads - who are obviously very calculated untrustworthy rats - push him out. The important thing is for Rafa to get the team winning as Poolgiants rightly pointed out. Hopefully, even though it sounds far fetched, this could have a positive knock on effect. There is only so low things can go and knowing how Rafa can be, he'll be working hard to prove a point (if) before he has to leave.

He loves the club, the fans and he wants to stay here for a long time. His family are happy here and he's brought some players in who want to play for him.

I think these yanks have burnt too many bridges between the fans and manager now. Obviously we'll never hear how any players feel about what's happened until they are actually not playing for Liverpool. But I can imagine anyone with a decent bone in their body would see the actions of the yanks in a pretty low light.

Keep working hard Rafa. I hope we are rid of these kn*b heads sooner rather than later. Hopefully you can make them look more than the fools they already are, while they still have a hold on a club they do not deserve.
      iqships1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 15, 2008 01:36:06 am
      It is quite obvious that the team is suffering because of the crap going on. I hope the players decide to give Rafa the possible send off if it
      comes down to that ( and hope it really doesn't). by winning all the games left in this season. and show the buggers who they back,
      and if necessary let Jamie and Stevie get in touch and give them both barrels
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19: Jan 15, 2008 01:41:09 am
      There is'nt really alot that Rafa can do to be honest because what ever he does he gets slated by either the Yanks or the press. Liverpool could win the league, f.a cup, carling cup, champions league, super cup and community shield in a year and he would still get slated by someone for either rotation or asking for money to IMPROVE yes IMPROVE the squad, its not like he's askin for money to go down the pub. the best thing for him to do is just keep his head down and just forget about the Yanks untill they next come over because at least that way he wont get accused of anything
      iqships1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 15, 2008 01:43:59 am
      There is'nt really alot that Rafa can do to be honest because what ever he does he gets slated by either the Yanks or the press. Liverpool could win the league, f.a cup, carling cup, champions league, super cup and community shield in a year and he would still get slated by someone for either rotation or asking for money to IMPROVE yes IMPROVE the squad, its not like he's askin for money to go down the pub. the best thing for him to do is just keep his head down and just forget about the Yanks untill they next come over because at least that way he wont get accused of anything

quite agree, just hope there are no private meeting with the press, if that happens he will be gone "for sure"  and knowbody wants that
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #21: Jan 15, 2008 01:45:04 am
      Rafa is a fuggin legend, and he'll not be forced out. I am convinced that if he WAS to be FORCED OUT, then any price G+H put on their shares could expect to take a hit. So if they want to make a fresh buck, they BETTER leave him be, sell up and clear off.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #22: Jan 15, 2008 02:05:57 am

It was posted awhile ago, but thats the first I've read it.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ya never know  ;) :lmao:

Quick Reply