Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Liverpool V Luton Match Thread

Read 9272 times
      Kop-Of-Malaya
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -4 
      • Kop The Best
      Re: Liverpool V Luton Match Thread
      Reply #138: Jan 16, 2008 06:45:40 am
      Kuyt just throw a good chance damn it
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #139: Jan 16, 2008 07:27:55 am
      Mission accomplished,Well done to RAFA and the team for a good result.Luton were hard to break down in the first half but lets face they had nothing to lose.I put in the pre Luton match thread that we would get this result and it would be a kickstart for us in the league.I thought Pennant had an excellent game tonight and like MsGerrard I would like to see Babel up front with Torres,the speed that those 2 have should be enough to frighten any defence.Also I hope the Media get off RAFAS back and let him get on with his job of managing Liverpool Football Club.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #140: Jan 16, 2008 07:34:48 am
      Gerrard great performance, hat-trick. Can you beat that?
      Yes, Pennant's performance, his crosses were 1st class time and time again. Sure Gerrard got a hat-trick, but Pennant I did better only because he could have had a hat-trick of assists, he hasn't played that well since, ever. The best game I have ever seen Pennant play, maybe Gerrard played better than Pennant, but Pennant played to his 100% best, Gerrard wasn't playing his absolute best. Well done Pennant, while he was injured, a lot of people forgot about him.
      Onto the game, terrible first half, great second half, and it all comes down to confidence, we should be confident going into each match, and we can come out with wins more. I think I am pleased most of all, Rafa has a few more life-lines at Liverpool and I have made a bet with someone $100 (Aus) that Benitez will win a Premier league title, while at Liverpool.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #141: Jan 16, 2008 07:59:28 am
      You stole the words from out of my mouth!!

Gerrard was great, my man of the match was Pennant, pace, industry I could go on and on,   
       but can he keep it up though????????????????
      JP stay out of town and of the ale!!
      IRWT
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #142: Jan 16, 2008 08:08:00 am

He hasn't half ridden a choppy storm over the weeks has our gaffer and I respect him for soldiering on in the face of adversity while Parry, Hicks and Gillette have undermined him with the 'back up manager' sh*t plus other nonsense in the press. Rafa is frustrating, stubborn and annoying at times BUT I would not want any other person controlling 1st team affairs at Liverpool, that is a fact. He is a man of his word, sticks by his convictions and does a great job for Liverpool FC. If the 3 stooges were to sell up tomorrow there is only one man I would want to stay and that is Rafa...  In Rafa I trust.  ;)

Oh and Yeah! Jamie... tonight is your night but do me a favour... go up to that nonsensical, full of sh*t for brains idiot Andy Gray and nut him for me would you, I would feel so much better if you did, cheers mate!  ;)
      What a post 10/10, I'd have marked it even higher but your from Croydon!!! you've earned yourself a extra rating for ths one!!
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #143: Jan 16, 2008 08:45:45 am
      I thought we played a good game last night.  There was some heroic defending by Luton in the first half but I always felt they would not be able to sustain it.  Their goalkeeper did not look fit and I think I read somewhere he is the only one they have got at the moment.

Crouch looked rusty which is probably symptomatic with the lack of matches he is getting.  If we are going to get the best out of our attack we should play him regularly.  I don't think Kuyt or Voronin are good enough for the premiership.  We should play Ryan up front with Torres and get another left winger.  I don't think it is his best position at all.

The disadvantage of going to the match is you can't see the action replays.  The big plus is you don't have to listen to Andy Bluesh*te Gray.

I'm just really really cross about one thing.......I missed the streaker :lmao:

You didn't miss much.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #144: Jan 16, 2008 08:59:24 am
        Dont worry mate GOD probably hates Andy Gray as well.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #145: Jan 16, 2008 10:12:52 am
        Dont worry mate GOD probably hates Andy Gray as well.

The man upstairs or Robbie??
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #146: Jan 16, 2008 10:16:55 am

Robbie.... just read a story about him an Macca singing their hearts out together with hundreds of scousers at a karaoke at the Radisson Istambul the night before numero cinco.

Top blokes... even if Macca does look a bit OTT with those matching hankies in his top pocket!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #147: Jan 16, 2008 10:19:57 am
      Don Hutchinson deserves a lot of credit for his first half (almost) one man show... that's pride!!

Good result, the type of which is the best medicine for doom and gloom atmosphere.

Babel has so, so much class - when he starts to show it consistently we will be a massive force to be reckoned with...

All the lads did well - special mentions must go to StevieG for his hat-trick and to Captain Carra for his service and top-notch professional attitude... including allowing his son to wear that Torres shirt, which I thought was class personified.

Right... on to Villa (that's Aston not David!) and another win por favor.

This aint over yet - and even half-way done league campaigns can have shades of halt-time in Istambul... come on you mighty redmen!

IRWT
      urmo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -2 
      Reply #148: Jan 16, 2008 11:11:28 am
      Had babel last night  £10 1st scorer. 5/1 get in there babel lad.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #149: Jan 16, 2008 11:18:43 am
      Not a lot I can say that hasn't been said already. Great result but the scoreline was hardly unexpected. Hopefully this can be a springboard & we can get back on track in the league.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #150: Jan 16, 2008 11:24:03 am
      I'm just really really cross about one thing.......I missed the streaker :lmao:
      So did I!! >:(
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #151: Jan 16, 2008 11:40:36 am
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #152: Jan 16, 2008 11:43:01 am
      Great hat-trick by Captain Fantastic, now.... did Stevie get the hat-trick tonight because the pressure was taken off him, as Jamie was Captain......something to think about ;)
      By that Logic, what are the odds on a Carragher hat-trick against Villa?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #153: Jan 16, 2008 01:10:18 pm
      Great team performance by all standards and pretty much every player did his bit in helping prove that the problem's we still face are somewhat more off the pitch than on.  Excellent hat-trick from Gerrard to silence the doubters about his form too, fact of the matter is Luton played a bloody decent game and we just outclassed them when the heat was on.  Good to see young Pennant back to his best and I'm sure that guarantee's him a start for the Villa game just what we need right now and you can stick ya "we need a new right winger" up ya ass!

Same as any other game really 2000-1 I'd guess.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #154: Jan 16, 2008 04:22:38 pm

Same as any other game really 2000-1 I'd guess.

Bit harsh AJ.

500 games, 4 goals - by my reckoning 125 - 1.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #155: Jan 16, 2008 06:05:09 pm
      Im sure i read somewhere he's 100-1 just to score 1 so its more den 125-1 for him to get a hattrick.

On another note does anyone know if Carson is allowed to play against us or not because he is still on loan and im not sure whether he there is a term in his contract that states he cannot play against us for villa while on loan.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #156: Jan 16, 2008 07:11:50 pm
      Bit harsh AJ.

500 games, 4 goals - by my reckoning 125 - 1.

Ok maybe I was being a little harsh, but it's not gonna be far off for a hat-trick!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #157: Jan 16, 2008 08:04:42 pm
      Didn't know where to put this but this looks as good a place as any...

Havant & Waterlooville 1-0 Swansea

Would be great for them to come to Anfield in the next round :D
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #158: Jan 16, 2008 08:12:54 pm
      Live 3rd Round Replay: (I will update this post)

Havant & Waterlooville 3-2 Swansea City

Monk (OG 4) 1-0

Extraordinary scenes at Westleigh Park as non-league Havant take an early lead against Swansea. Gary Monk dives in to try to clear a wicked curling cross by Mo Harkin, but only succeeds in sending the ball past Swansea goalkeeper De Vries. The Press Association credit the goal to Richard Pacquette, although the Swansea man looked as though he got the final touch.

Collins (25) 2-0

Crazy scenes in Hampshire. A corner from the right falls to Jamie Collins whose shot through a crowd of players takes a deflection and winds up in the net with Dorus De Vries helpless. A trip to Anfield suddenly looks a distinct possibility for the minnows.

Baptiste (35) 3-0

Remarkable. Quite simply remarkable. Richard Pacquette's shot is mis-hit, but it turns into a brilliant pass for Rocky Baptiste and the striker has a simple tap-in from three yards. Havant are among the lowest-ranked teams ever to reach the third round - and a place in the fourth round beckons with Liverpool awaiting.

Bauza (39) 3-1

Did someone mention the word 'Cupset'? Just hold on a second, Swansea are back in this. Guillem Bauza tries his luck for Swansea and the ball loops high into the net, seemingly via a deflection.

PENALTY SAVE: LEON BRITTON (SWANSEA)

Havant are really up for this! Keeper saves a swansea spot-kick

Scotland (48) 3-2

sh*t!  Richard Pacquette fluffs a great chance for Havant to make it 4-1. And how he'll regret that - Swansea go on the attack, Guillem Bauza hits a shot which rebounds off the inside of the post and falls kindly for Jason Scotland who sidefoots home. Will the drama never end? WILL IT?
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2008 09:02:23 pm by F9T, Reason: SH*T »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #159: Jan 16, 2008 08:21:22 pm
      Here we go Nic.....this is what we missed last night :lmao:

Maybe Smiggs would confirm ;) :lmao:

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #160: Jan 16, 2008 08:26:02 pm