Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

The Pets Thread

Read 133439 times
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Re: The Pets Thread
      Reply #667: Oct 26, 2011 06:11:22 am
      Got a staff myself Diego and they need loads of exercise,if you live in an apartment as you say and if you get a pup they will chew anything everything from skirting boards shoes and furniture what ever they can get thier teeth into so it's recomended that you get some pet repelant spray to stop them chewing every thing,they are however fantastic dogs loyal and friendly and great to have as a companion.
      Good Luck mate.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #668: Oct 26, 2011 01:54:04 pm
      Got a staff myself Diego and they need loads of exercise,if you live in an apartment as you say and if you get a pup they will chew anything everything from skirting boards shoes and furniture what ever they can get thier teeth into so it's recomended that you get some pet repelant spray to stop them chewing every thing,they are however fantastic dogs loyal and friendly and great to have as a companion.
      Good Luck mate.

That's a beautiful dog mate, I only heard about the breed last night while searching for a dog I could have in my apartment and found about this one, they seem to be great. I read they're very famous in England, not so much here but there are kennels in Rio so it wouldn't be too difficult to get myself a pup.

But I do care immensely about the dogs so I don't want to have one that won't live well in a apartment, that's why I asked. I've seen some websites saying they can live in apartments but you need to take them for a walk at least 3 times a day, I probably wouldn't be able to do that, just twice (in the morning before I go to work and at night when I come back). Don't want to have an unhappy dog.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #669: Oct 26, 2011 03:45:06 pm
      Just been catching up on your story Bronx.

Great thing you are doing. 

Maybe worth talking to the local press?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #670: Oct 26, 2011 03:56:24 pm
      Anyone ever had a Staffordshire Bull Terrier?

Any idea if it would be a good idea to have one in a apartment?
      My Staffy Nando.

Lovely dogs can be a bit boisterous as they are full of energy especially when they are younger, but they are great about the house because they are really loving dogs if raised right.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #671: Oct 26, 2011 06:40:03 pm
      Lovely dogs can be a bit boisterous as they are full of energy especially when they are younger, but they are great about the house because they are really loving dogs if raised right.

Exactly right about them being raised right.

I had a Staffy when I was with the ex (she got her in the split) and she's the best dog I've ever had. Brilliant with kids and very loyal.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #672: Oct 26, 2011 06:57:22 pm
      Sounds like a great dog indeed but a bit problematic to have in my relatively small apartment
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #673: Oct 27, 2011 02:23:49 am
      Just been catching up on your story Bronx.

Great thing you are doing. 

Maybe worth talking to the local press?

Thanks JD. That is something I'm keeping in my back pocket right now. Hell, my uncle was editor of Parade Magazine for like 30 years. Its a local paper stuffer on Sunday editions.  I'm sure he can call one of his friends at the paper. This could turn into a potentially big story , I learned a lot today.

First , I now know the name of Mr "upstairs" . Told ya'll I had friends too. He's a police chief for the NY Housing Police that also owns a security company.   And yes shockingly  :o  , it's the same company that wants me arrested.  Turns out he called the Inspector at my local precinct to put pressure on me. Ya know , have cops come down ask questions , threaten to file felony charges.  Normally a case like this would never be pursued in a criminal manner, it would be a civil case (money).  Even the cops mentioned that to me. Even they couldn't figure out why.  At this point I'm starting to believe they might actually be on my side , because the truth is they're just following orders. One of the Sgt.'s said he had 3 dogs of his own that he rescued off the street.

The truth is coming out soon. That offer yesterday that I pay $5000 + an apology was flat out EXTORTION. Even the cops are figuring it out. $5000 for a $1200 dog. Smells fishy. Probably something like they'd think I would cave under threats of a felony, then I'd either give them the dog back or pay like $4000 and "Mr upstairs" gets a cut.

Another development is that when my "friend" (20 yr retired detective at the same precinct) approached the Inspector, (they are great friends btw) and asked him why I was getting harassed, he flat out told him that "Mr. Upstairs" had been calling him non-stop to pursue criminal charges vs. me.  But "Mr. Upstairs"  actually told him that I broke in the lot and stole the dog. Lie much?  When the Inspector found out the whole story and the fact they were extorting me for $5000 , his tune soon changed.  He said he never expected it to get this big and it's out of control now and last I heard he sent the cops out to investigate the Ford dealer on why they would ask for so much money.

Now the way I figure it's like this. A corrupt NYPD Housing Police Chief that runs a security company on the side and uses NYPD foot soldiers to do his dirty work , while keeping watch dogs in his lots in inhumane conditions. Wonder if the NY Daily News would be interested in a story like that?

We'll see what happens now. I'll probably be arrested for petty larceny. Both the Sgt and the Investigator guaranteed me that I won't be charged with a felony. It's a pretty big difference. Petty larceny is like shoplifting.

Should be another exciting day tomorrow.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #674: Oct 27, 2011 02:26:21 am
      Best of luck LFCbronx :clap:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #675: Oct 27, 2011 02:37:29 am
      I receive emails from a Schipperke kennel every time there are new puppys, asking if I'm interested, because I once sent them an email asking a few questions about the breed. I live with my mother and brother and they both don't want a dog, so there isn't much I can do. I love dogs though and it kills me not to have one. Seeing all those pics of the Schipperke puppys makes me want to get one so much :D

I talked to my brother (again) about getting a dog and surprisingly, for the first time ever, he said "Ok". I was already expecting him to say "dogs are only nice when its not yours" or some of the stuff he usually says, so I was a bit shocked. I asked "seriously?" and then he said "yeah, as long as I don't have to pay anything for it, just finally get this dog" :o

So.. anyone know anything about Schipperkes? Or could give me any other ideas about small breeds I could have in apartments? (Not a big fan of breeds like poodles to be honest, I need a small breed but prefer one that look like a big dog :P)

Thanks JD. That is something I'm keeping in my back pocket right now. Hell, my uncle was editor of Parade Magazine for like 30 years. Its a local paper stuffer on Sunday editions.  I'm sure he can call one of his friends at the paper. This could turn into a potentially big story , I learned a lot today.

First , I now know the name of Mr "upstairs" . Told ya'll I had friends too. He's a police chief for the NY Housing Police that also owns a security company.   And yes shockingly  :o  , it's the same company that wants me arrested.  Turns out he called the Inspector at my local precinct to put pressure on me. Ya know , have cops come down ask questions , threaten to file felony charges.  Normally a case like this would never be pursued in a criminal manner, it would be a civil case (money).  Even the cops mentioned that to me. Even they couldn't figure out why.  At this point I'm starting to believe they might actually be on my side , because the truth is they're just following orders. One of the Sgt.'s said he had 3 dogs of his own that he rescued off the street.

The truth is coming out soon. That offer yesterday that I pay $5000 + an apology was flat out EXTORTION. Even the cops are figuring it out. $5000 for a $1200 dog. Smells fishy. Probably something like they'd think I would cave under threats of a felony, then I'd either give them the dog back or pay like $4000 and "Mr upstairs" gets a cut.

Another development is that when my "friend" (20 yr retired detective at the same precinct) approached the Inspector, (they are great friends btw) and asked him why I was getting harassed, he flat out told him that "Mr. Upstairs" had been calling him non-stop to pursue criminal charges vs. me.  But "Mr. Upstairs"  actually told him that I broke in the lot and stole the dog. Lie much?  When the Inspector found out the whole story and the fact they were extorting me for $5000 , his tune soon changed.  He said he never expected it to get this big and it's out of control now and last I heard he sent the cops out to investigate the Ford dealer on why they would ask for so much money.

Now the way I figure it's like this. A corrupt NYPD Housing Police Chief that runs a security company on the side and uses NYPD foot soldiers to do his dirty work , while keeping watch dogs in his lots in inhumane conditions. Wonder if the NY Daily News would be interested in a story like that?

We'll see what happens now. I'll probably be arrested for petty larceny. Both the Sgt and the Investigator guaranteed me that I won't be charged with a felony. It's a pretty big difference. Petty larceny is like shoplifting.

Should be another exciting day tomorrow.

Good luck mate
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #676: Oct 27, 2011 03:05:23 am
      Also live in an apartment and Beagles are not a bad shout.

They don't grow to a massive size and can get away with being exercised daily for a shorter period then most high energy dogs.

However they are very lively and playful when they are pups.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #677: Oct 28, 2011 12:32:33 am
      Yeah I love beagles, they've a fame here in Brazil of destroying apartments though, think it would be difficult to convince the family to have one.

Recently I found out about Whippets, they're runners but relatively quiet dogs it seems, supposed to live well in apartments. I'm doing some research cause this time I won't give up in having a dog

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #678: Oct 28, 2011 09:45:46 am
      Yeah I love beagles, they've a fame here in Brazil of destroying apartments though, think it would be difficult to convince the family to have one.

Recently I found out about Whippets, they're runners but relatively quiet dogs it seems, supposed to live well in apartments. I'm doing some research cause this time I won't give up in having a dog

Need loads of exercise for obvious reasons, in the smaller breeds a Jack Russell is a good shout or a really great breed is a Scottie dog.
      The vital thing tho is judging the spirit and temprament of any potential pet dog, the  preferred scenario is try and get someone who is suss with the breed to give you a few pointers or best of all go with you to select it.
      Speaking from experience I would go for a bi*ch everytime - more faithfull and intelligent than the dog who is only interested in one thing. 
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #679: Oct 28, 2011 02:13:17 pm
      Speaking from experience I would go for a bi*ch everytime - more faithfull and intelligent than the dog who is only interested in one thing. 

:lmao:  I would agree 100% with this.

To Diego

Also , remember that you dont have to get a puppy either . Puppies of any breed are usually much more destructive.(like children)  Keep the option open to maybe get a 1-2 yr old dog. There probably already house trained and usually quite a bit more relaxed.  Think it through, this is a long term commitment. Youre looking at 10-12 years of feeding , washing and cleaning up etc, but the payback is definatley worth it. Good Luck to ya , mate.

I got booked with misdemeanor possesion of stolen property yesterday. The officers were very polite after they heard the entire story. I walked into like a police lounge and the arresting officer says have a seat on the sofa and tossed me the remote control. So I watched TV for a couple hours while he did the paperwork.  Court date isn't until the end of February. If it ever even gets to court, the cops said it probably won't. So for now Sandy stays with me.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #680: Oct 28, 2011 05:46:30 pm
      All the best LFC Bronx with Sandy, sounds like you're getting there, big ups to you huni  :gt-happyup:

and good luck Diego with your choice of dog, my daughter has a boxer, she's gorgeous and her boyfriend has a staffy, both great dogs.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #681: Oct 28, 2011 08:09:34 pm
      I talked to my brother (again) about getting a dog and surprisingly, for the first time ever, he said "Ok". I was already expecting him to say "dogs are only nice when its not yours" or some of the stuff he usually says, so I was a bit shocked. I asked "seriously?" and then he said "yeah, as long as I don't have to pay anything for it, just finally get this dog" :o

Now I understand why he said "ok". Last night he came home with the news he's going to move out to live with his girlfriend. I don't know how serious he's about this but he says he's leaving in January. I said "great, your room will now be my dog's place" :D

Thanks for the tips everyone, I thought of getting an older dog but I dunno, I never had a dog ever and this is like a dream for me, it can be silly but getting a dog while still a puppy is part of it.

Think it through, this is a long term commitment. Youre looking at 10-12 years of feeding , washing and cleaning up etc, but the payback is definatley worth it. Good Luck to ya , mate.

One of the reasons I never pushed too much to have a dog before was because I had dreams of living abroad, and thought it could be a problem. I still have those dreams, but I decided I'll just take him with me if such a chance comes. I have a friend who took his cats with him when he moved to Singapore.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #682: Oct 29, 2011 12:42:40 am
      The very best of luck to You LFC bronx  :gt-happyup: A very commendable thing you are doing there indeed. I so hope it all works out in yours and sandys favour.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #683: Nov 19, 2011 12:25:59 pm
      To all of you with your staffys take care of them ,i lost my old dog this week ,my mrs phoned me on thursday morning to say he had gone ill during the night  now due to recent health issues i new it was time to let him go , the feeling i had knowing i couldnt take him  and look after him one last time all came out as i wandered around wimbledon common with tears bomping down will haunt me for a while , a brave proud dog who served all my family well , and will be sadly missed not least by me who for the first time in almost 17 years i came home from work on friday and there was no wagging tail to greet me ,my uncle took him for  me and then buried him under the tree at the bottom of our garden next to his mother, a more loyal and faithfull dog would be very hard to find , goodbye max .
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #684: Nov 19, 2011 12:34:55 pm
      Sorry to hear that Andy.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #685: Nov 19, 2011 12:51:30 pm
      Sorry to hear your bad news Andy, it's a horrlble feeling and all I can liken it to is losing an old friend, Staffy's are brilliant dogs with loads of character - you getting another one mate.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #686: Nov 19, 2011 01:00:51 pm
      Sorry to hear it Andy mate.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #687: Nov 19, 2011 01:05:06 pm
      Sorry to hear Andy.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #688: Nov 19, 2011 01:37:57 pm
      Sorry to hear that And, I can imagine how lost you feel.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #689: Nov 19, 2011 01:43:19 pm
      Sorry for you Andy. I'm sure he had a great life with you.

Quick Reply