Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

AFC Liverpool

Read 142026 times
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Re: AFC Liverpool
      Reply #138: Nov 17, 2008 09:35:13 pm
      have to ask her that . dreaming of all the two league titles comin are way this season

Correct mate!
      « Last Edit: Nov 17, 2008 09:52:18 pm by samdoddsred »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #139: Nov 17, 2008 09:46:22 pm
      Horrible question lads but if it came down to a choice of Lfc winning number 19 or Afc lifting number 1 what would you chose? Sorry lads  :-\
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #140: Nov 17, 2008 09:53:37 pm
      Horrible question lads but if it came down to a choice of Lfc winning number 19 or Afc lifting number 1 what would you chose? Sorry lads  :-\

LFC Number 19 and AFC come second but still promoted!
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #141: Nov 17, 2008 09:56:04 pm
      L.F.C #19 this time had to wait to long and always will be L.F.C first for me. mind you A.F.C.L get second spot and go up so am made up all round. But like i said silly ? we will win both and I'll make sure all the bitters know it when we do
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #142: Nov 17, 2008 09:57:31 pm
      I think AFC Liverpool will have the title in the bag by March anyway, number 19 needs to arrive as the mancs are now on 17 so we need it this year!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      Reply #143: Nov 17, 2008 09:59:59 pm
      2 great answers lads
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #144: Nov 17, 2008 10:30:37 pm
      Quality flags there Tommy. Thanks for the pics lads.

How many have you's made (roughly)? And are you's continuing to make more?
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #145: Nov 18, 2008 12:30:19 am
      Think I've done 7 or 8 so far and I have got another one half done plus a couple more ideas running round me head!.

One of the lads has just bought 50 metres of material off e-bay, now that is gonna be some flag!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #146: Nov 18, 2008 12:41:01 am
      50 metres?? Is right! You can borrow my van if you need transportation from one side to the other of it mate.  ;)

Looking forward to seeing some of your work on Wednesday!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #147: Nov 18, 2008 01:43:16 am
      Somebody just posted reminding me that the England game was on. Gotta stay in for that...  :f_tongueincheek:
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #148: Nov 19, 2008 10:03:04 am
      See you tonight then maybe Kenny and JD, and Tommy, Remy an Callum also. Forza AFC !!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #149: Nov 19, 2008 01:41:22 pm
      The website's got some serious issues.  Crashed my browser three times.

Hanging on those FastClick ads trying to load Javascript.  I'd knock them on the head, I'm sure they aren't a significant revenue stream.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #150: Nov 19, 2008 10:16:28 pm
      Anyone know the score of tonights game? It's not on the site yet.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #151: Nov 19, 2008 10:26:03 pm
      Lost 2-0.  Just got back from watching them.  A fair sized crowd and apart from the fact it lashed down second half you can't argue with £2 a pint.   The 'Kop' (am I allowed to say that) was in quite good voice actually.  Not a bad little group of fans there and the banners and that were class.

Bit bizarre but I noticed the team come out kicking to their Kop first half? Is that not a bit odd?  Anyway after the toss of the coin they changed round.  Had a decent chance first half but their keeper pulled a magnficent save off tipping it over the bar, impressive considering he looked about 5ft 1.

Second half AFC Liverpool came out looking like they were going to give Irlam a good tonking but they got hit twice on the counter.  I think Irlam only had the two chances second half and they took both of them.

AFC play some decent football but it was probably their downfall tonight, too many intricate passes trying to score the wonder goal.  They had a good shout for a penalty, was similar to the Gerrard incident against Atletico (except more of a pen) but it wasn't given.

Their still top anyway, next home game is on Saturday at 3pm.  I'd recommend people spare a fiver and pop down and get behind them.
      « Last Edit: Nov 19, 2008 10:43:45 pm by JD »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #152: Nov 19, 2008 10:40:48 pm
      Can't add much more to that other than the ref would do well on Strictly Come Dancing. Thought he was moonwalking at one point!

Felt the lads could have spread the play a bit more, but it in the end, it just looked like it wasn't to be. Their keeper done well keeping AFC out though - could have easily ended level.

Great support from the fans (as expected) and boss banners!! And yeah, £2 a pint was another good highlight of the night!

Will definitely go again.

Unlucky lads. Still top of the league though!
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #153: Nov 19, 2008 11:21:06 pm
      JD/Red kenny glad you enjoyed the little venture down tonight!.

We just ain't getting any luck in the last couple of games in front of goal plus with the exception of the Oldham Town game in September we haven't had any luck with the weather which is affecting the attendances. Tonight was probably one of our worst performances of the season and to lose to Irlam was a blow but we are still 3 points clear and 2 games in hand on second placed Wigan so it isn't all bleak!.
      We have got a serious injury problem at the minute with the two most influential players in James Dever and Dean Thurston out injured, sooner the two of them are back the team will have more options.

Glad you enjoyed it and will be coming back for more!

YNWA
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #154: Nov 19, 2008 11:37:18 pm
      I heard a few of the lads talking about the injuries mate. How long's Denver and El Deano out for?

Second half I thought the lads came out really well but unfortunately got hit. And after that second goal it was looking a bit desperate. Still think their keeper helped massively in the game not ending level though or even the lads coming away with a win. He pulled off a great save in the first half over the bar, then another one in the second half that was tipped over the bar. Plus there was another chance later on in the second half which I thought was defo going in but he got down at his near post to put it out for a corner.

One of those nights I suppose.
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #155: Nov 20, 2008 12:20:13 am
      I heard a few of the lads talking about the injuries mate. How long's Denver and El Deano out for?

Second half I thought the lads came out really well but unfortunately got hit. And after that second goal it was looking a bit desperate. Still think their keeper helped massively in the game not ending level though or even the lads coming away with a win. He pulled off a great save in the first half over the bar, then another one in the second half that was tipped over the bar. Plus there was another chance later on in the second half which I thought was defo going in but he got down at his near post to put it out for a corner.

One of those nights I suppose.

Deffo was one of those nights mate. I'm convinced that the goal that was disallowed wasn't over the line plus the effort that Ian Johnson had that the keeper pushed onto the bar was another good chance that we were unlucky with. We have a big game on Saturday against 3rd placed Padiham so we need to get back to winning ways soon!.
      James Dever has been out for the last 4 games and we have missed him badly, he is the ball winner in midfield and has the ability to stop our opponents playing, not sure how long he is out as it is all hush, hush. Deano was out for 8 weeks initially and was on the bench against Leek last Saturday but whilst warming up he twisted his knee again, maybe too hasty to return

Really glad that you enjoyed it mate, spread the word!.

YNWA
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #156: Nov 20, 2008 12:36:14 am
      Hope Denver and Deano get back soon then mate. Bad luck Deano doing his knee again warming up last Saturday!!

As for the disallowed goal, I didn't see the ball going out but just heard the whistle.

Tell you what though mate, it's a good crowd down there. Great singing and a good bit of banter too. I'm positive the crowd will get bigger as the time goes by. (especially if word gets round it's only two quid a pint)  ;) :D

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #157: Nov 20, 2008 12:47:32 am
      I even heard a sing song at half time.  Not heard that for a while I'll tell you.

I haven't got a non-league 'side' so I suppose AFC will be the ones I keep an eye on now.  I suppose that's what you're aiming for? Liverpool fans to have another side they can follow and go down and support.

They try to play the proper game - I was surprised at that.  Having only watched them once I'd normally say that would be their downfall, but the league table obviously proves it isn't.  Thought the 'Blue and White sh*te' song was a bit unnecessary though! Even says so in your club charter! Leave that stuff to the Anny Road heads ;)

Saw a few faces I recognised from around Liverpool games.  Hopefully in a couple of years Cables will be renting the ground of you.  They must be made up you're using that ground.

(Hope you get all them balls back)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #158: Nov 20, 2008 12:49:39 am
      (Hope you get all them balls back)

:lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      Reply #159: Nov 20, 2008 01:40:28 pm
      I must apolagise for my early opinions on Afc. I stated that Id rather see people go to our reserve games then Afc Liverpool. I then believed Afc would be a breakaway group from Liverpool fc but I now see that most of the support are still Lfc fans to the bone and that the 2 clubs share a lot of the same flags banners songs etc. I stick by my opinion that people should support our reserves when possible but I also believe now that Afc deserve as much support as they can get also

I wish them every success and if I ever get the chance to get over to see them in action I will take it

Y.N.W.A
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #160: Nov 20, 2008 05:46:09 pm
      Many thanks for taking the time to come down and see A.F.C.L. sorry about the weather.Hope you had a good night watching a local side play footie, better than staying in watching England anyday.
      As has been said 100 times before A.F.C.L. is not a brakeaway club or anti L.F.C. it,s just a local non league side with a large number of Liverpool fans that for what ever reason can't get to watch the red's at Anfiled. Allthough not as good as this wonderful forum there is quite a good thread going on the A.F.C.L. fans forum if anyone has a spare minute pop in have a look at it to get a better idea of the mix of people they have following them. Once again thanks for the positive words and @ £2.00 a pint let on next time your there i may even get a drink in for ya.

Quick Reply