Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool v Aston Villa - Pre Match Thread

Read 4924 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Liverpool v Aston Villa - Pre Match Thread
      Jan 18, 2008 06:51:42 pm

Anfield
      Monday 21st January
      8pm kick off

Important we build on our impressive cup result against Luton by getting things back on track in the league, three points is a must. Apart from the continued absence of Agger we have a full squad to choose from, so no excuses for this one. I don't feel this is a game for trying out new players, so for me there would be no debut for Skrtel. Villa's dangerman IMO has to be Gareth Barry, though the pace of Agbonlahor & Young also needs watching out for. I would go with:

Reina

Arbeloa  Carra  Hyypia  Aurelio

Yossi   Gerrard  Masch   Babel

Torres  Crouch

Benayoun gets the nod ahead of Pennant, who I thought was brilliant albeit only against Luton, due to the threat of Barry & the fact I feel he has a better defensive game. Arbeloa I feel has the legs to deal with Ashley Young better than Finnan would, and on the other side compared to Riise Aurelio's less likely to get caught high up the pitch when Agbonlahor drifts out to the right as he likes to. I'm still scratching my head as to why Crouch hasn't started more games this season, I was starting to feel he would be sold this month but that doesn't seem to be happening so surely he's got to start playing more games?

When defending this system would be a traditional 4-4-2, but on the attack Babel & Aurelio can push forward down the left, making it a 3-4-3. The left is where I feel we should focus our attack, try it on the other side of the pitch & I feel we could get punished very quickly. Despite recent form I am still confident we can win this, and going to go for 2-0.
      « Last Edit: Jan 19, 2008 11:24:54 am by JD »
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa - Pre Match Thread
      Reply #1: Jan 18, 2008 07:18:53 pm
                         Reina
      Finnan Carragher Hyypia Arbeloa
      Pennant Gerrard Alonso Kewell
                   Torres Crouch

Subs: Itandje Agger Mascherano Kuyt Lucas

Hope Rafa can resist the temptation to play Kuyt or Voronin for this match, as hard as they both work, they aren't the worlds best finnishers, whereas Crouch and Torres are two of the best in the business. Pennant impressed against Luton, and Alonso is always reliable with passing. Kewell is a box of tricks, and Villa don't give in easily. We beat them 3-1 here last season after their unbeaten season. And drew 0-0 at their place, when Mascherano knocked the crowd down with a wild shot ;D. I would put Lucas on the bench, because his passing is fantastic, and should also be part of the key to unlocking a stubborn Villa defence. Overall it will be tight, but we will just about nick it, a close game, but a 2-0 win. Last minute goal wrapping it up.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Jan 18, 2008 07:29:49 pm
      performance here is all most as important as the win for me. We need to kick on from the Luton game and look to go and put villa to the sword.

Id leave crouch in there with nando and also stick with pennant on the right. Skrtel to start? tough call but Im sure for the fee we spent hes not here to make up the numbers.

Id also expect a rocking Anfield if theres a pre match protest the crowd should continue using there voice in the ground give the boys agood backing
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Jan 18, 2008 08:08:12 pm

Anfield
      Monday 21st January
      8pm kick off

Important we build on our impressive cup result against Luton by getting things back on track in the league, three points is a must. Apart from the continued absence of Agger we have a full squad to choose from, so no excuses for this one. I don't feel this is a game for trying out new players, so for me there would be no debut for Skrtel. Villa's dangerman IMO has to be Gareth Barry, though the pace of Agbonlahor & Young also needs watching out for. I would go with:

Reina

Arbeloa  Carra  Hyypia  Aurelio

Yossi   Gerrard  Masch   Babel

Torres  Crouch

Benayoun gets the nod ahead of Pennant, who I thought was brilliant albeit only against Luton, due to the threat of Barry & the fact I feel he has a better defensive game. Arbeloa I feel has the legs to deal with Ashley Young better than Finnan would, and on the other side compared to Riise Aurelio's less likely to get caught high up the pitch when Agbonlahor drifts out to the right as he likes to. I'm still scratching my head as to why Crouch hasn't started more games this season, I was starting to feel he would be sold this month but that doesn't seem to be happening so surely he's got to start playing more games?

When defending this system would be a traditional 4-4-2, but on the attack Babel & Aurelio can push forward down the left, making it a 3-4-3. The left is where I feel we should focus our attack, try it on the other side of the pitch & I feel we could get punished very quickly. Despite recent form I am still confident we can win this, and going to go for 2-0.

Totally agree with your team selection Eddie, I really think Torres and Crouch are the way too go to be honest they worked really well against Luton and were closer together, and I also saw them talking to each other a lot. That partnership will worry Villas defence for sure. Im going for a 3-1 win as I think the pace Villa have could unsettle us a couple of times.

Also to note Ive been looking for  A BLOND WHORE, in the Villa line up Ive heard them say she is on the pitch numerous occasions but never actually seen her has anyone else  :f_tongueincheek:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Jan 18, 2008 08:23:53 pm
       Benayoun and Arbeloa certainly play well together on the right, but I think Pennant deserves another game to see if he can carry his good form as shown  against Luton. Villa are a different class to Luton but we can take the 3 points off them and give the team even more confidence.
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #5: Jan 18, 2008 08:52:11 pm
      I totally agree that Pennant was brilliant against Luton, I just feel with the threat of Barry down their left we should go with Yossi who's better defensively.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #6: Jan 18, 2008 08:55:45 pm
      Eddie, your team selection is the one for me. Exactly the same as I would pick.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #7: Jan 18, 2008 08:56:52 pm
      Eddie Eddie Eddie.

Let's go all Kevin Keegan and not worry about employing attacking wingers with better defensive cover against Aston Villa at ANFIELD.

I think we need to go a bit more gung ho for the rest of the season.  Benayoun at right back maybe instead of Finnan.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #8: Jan 18, 2008 08:59:10 pm
      I think we need to go a bit more gung ho for the rest of the season.  Benayoun at right back maybe instead of Finnan.
      And Kuyt in defence because of his high work-rate? Or maybe Voronin, as he could kick the ball wildly at Reina's goal and it would go horribly wide? and give Hyypia his dream of playing as a striker to score some of those goals we have seen earlier in the season ;)
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #9: Jan 18, 2008 09:00:20 pm
      :D

Could be a plan JD :D

In all seriousness though, there's worrying too much about the opposition& there's sensible tactical changes. Benayoun, as we all know, can provide a good attacking threat, but will also do a better job of containing Barry. I don't see it as a negative move, just one that will make the lineup stronger.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #10: Jan 18, 2008 09:03:08 pm
      Eddie Eddie Eddie.

Let's go all Kevin Keegan and not worry about employing attacking wingers with better defensive cover against Aston Villa at ANFIELD.

I agree, the off-the-field circus has helped many (looking at the table) re-adjust their title ambitiions - lets play some pucker attacking footy now.. F**k the draws ffs.

I don't mind a bit of Keegan footy from here to May...

I will accept the away draw theory in CL... let's entertain England now.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #11: Jan 18, 2008 11:10:44 pm
      Eddie c I like your team but I think I might change Arbeloa for Finnan if he's fit. Defo Torres and Crouchie up front and defo no Pennant. As good as he was against Luton. Villa are a class above that. Pennant will be scared of the full back as usual and will keep turning inside and we will play too narrow again. We need to keep our width, the crosses can be cut back, high, low, floated, driven, whatever, with Torres and Crouch up front we can handle them all. Only other option is Torres and Babel. Think we can win this one, especially at Anfield.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #12: Jan 19, 2008 01:02:25 am
      ------------------Reina
      --Arbeloa--Carragher--Skrtel--Aurelio
      --Gerrard--Lucas--Mascherano--Kewell
      --------------Torres--Babel

I think thats Gerrard's best posistion. He plays there and has amazing crosses, he scored most goals playing from the right.. he cuts in at times and doubles up on midfielders... great!

Lucas should play, has that Brazilian touch of class and looks ready enough to have his say!

Babel alongside Torres, imagine the pace Aston Villa will have to handle!

Arbeloa & Aurelio as our fullbacks, they are more fluent in play than Finnan & Riise

Skrtel to start, he's alongside Jamie C so no worrys :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Jan 19, 2008 06:59:52 am
      Skrtel isnt ready for mine. 3 weeks out and only been training for a week without any match practice. Too early.

Reina

Arbeloa    Carragher   Hyypia   Aurellio

Benayoun  Gerrard  Mascherano  Babel

Kuyt
                                Torres

Itandje Finnan Alonso Crouch Kewell

Im willing to try Kuyt but if Rafa is playing him as a midfielder then just move him there. Play in between the lines and i think we will see a better game up front. Otherwise Crouchy in for him as an out and out striker.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #14: Jan 19, 2008 07:20:27 am
      Villa are a decent side and this will be another hard game for us we need to put out a strong side i think we will just edge them out 2-1 Torrres and Gerrard again.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #15: Jan 19, 2008 09:23:57 am
      I totally agree that Pennant was brilliant against Luton, I just feel with the threat of Barry down their left we should go with Yossi who's better defensively.

Considering the fact that Barry is apparently a huge doubt for this game ;D i think i'll go with pennant rather than benayoun. and i think benayoun cuts in alot more than pennant does, pennant puts in alot more crosses than benayon. Both great in different ways but Pennants stays wide more than benayoun.
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #16: Jan 19, 2008 10:56:32 am
      If Barry isn't gonna play then I'd go with Pennant too, didn't realise he was a doubt.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #17: Jan 19, 2008 10:56:37 am
      Gareth Barry is an injury doubt after suffering a bruised pelvis in training.

From the BBC website...Not sure if that's a 50/50 or very doubtful. Anyone?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #18: Jan 19, 2008 11:26:47 am
      I agree, the off-the-field circus has helped many (looking at the table) re-adjust their title ambitiions - lets play some pucker attacking footy now.. F**k the draws ffs.

I don't mind a bit of Keegan footy from here to May...

I will accept the away draw theory in CL... let's entertain England now.

We have clearly drawn too many games.  My opinion is that we go out with the intention of hammering teams.  If we lose a few fair enough but by employing this strategy I think we will win far more and hopefully our number of draws will diminish.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #19: Jan 19, 2008 11:30:00 am
      We have clearly drawn too many games.  My opinion is that we go out with the intention of hammering teams.  If we lose a few fair enough but by employing this strategy I think we will win far more and hopefully our number of draws will diminish.

Yeah just need to tell Rafa that now...hehe
      alwaysred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 19, 2008 02:22:44 pm
      if barry doesn't play thats a bonus, still scared of their pace upfront though and the fact that a draw would suit them more than us
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #21: Jan 19, 2008 04:52:24 pm
      Just hope our boys are up for it - knowing all the other top teams have won today...

AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #22: Jan 19, 2008 05:23:02 pm
      Eddie Eddie Eddie.

What about Gerrard in goal and give Reina his chance outfield again?  :lmao:

I think we should be able to get 3 points out of this one and would go with this team

Reina

Arbeloa    Carra     Hyypia     Aurellio

Pennant   Alonso   Gerrard   Kewell

Torres         Babel

Enough width in this line, Solid back 4 and leathal strikers.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #23: Jan 19, 2008 06:42:03 pm
      I get the feeling the game will be open,we shall have to watch their pace but with Mascha playing in front of defense we should limit them to few chances.One guy they'll fear is El Nino so lets hope he has his telescopic sights on.

P.S.I seem to see a bounce in Raffa over the last few days is he privy to something going on behind the scenes I wonder !.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Jan 19, 2008 06:46:25 pm
      Interesting analogy there bartman. Just might be.

Masch will play a vey important role on Monday. They have the pace and skill to cause damage and with Martin at the helm you know they will be tough. Carra and Sami are in for a tough night and need to be at their best. The LB will be a really important figure along with Arbeloa on the right. They will have to contend with the raw pace Villa have on the wings and need to cut them off at first chance.

I'll go for 1-0 to us. Gerrard to score.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #25: Jan 19, 2008 09:12:20 pm
      Some Quick Facts And Statistics

Big Match Facts

Two sides locked together on 39 points vying for a top four Champions League spot meet at Anfield.

Liverpool are unbeaten in five Premier League matches and have drawn their last three; Aston Villa are undefeated in six league games, and have won the last three.

Villa have won one more league match than Liverpool, but still trail them on goal difference. The Midlanders' away record is identical to Liverpool's at home; won four, drawn five, lost one and scored 21 goals.

Liverpool are unbeaten in 13 league and cup matches against Aston Villa. The Reds have won more matches (17) and claimed more points (57) against Aston Villa than any other club in the Premier League.

Key Player Notes

Fernando TORRES is Liverpool's top scorer with 17 goals, and their leading marksman in the Premier League with 11.

Goalkeeper Jose REINA is the only remaining player to have been on the field for every minute of every one of Liverpool's Premier League matches this season.

REINA goes into the weekend jointly leading the race for the Barclays Golden Glove with David JAMES of Portsmouth. They have both kept 10 clean sheets.

If selected:-

Peter CROUCH will be playing against a former club. The 26 year old England international spent 18 months with Villa from March 2002, recording 43 appearances (37 in the Premier League) and scoring six League goals.

Mohamed SISSOKO will be playing on the eve of his 23rd birthday, and David MARTIN on the eve of his 22nd.

Head To Head

Liverpool have won eight and drawn four of the last 12 Premier League matches against Aston Villa; and also knocked the Villans out of the League Cup in 2002 during that sequence.

Villa head for Anfield in search of a first point in five visits, and a first victory there since the 1-3 triumph on 8 September 2001 when Dion Dublin, Lee Hendrie and Darius Vassell were all on the scoresheet.

The Reds are on course to complete their fourth Premier League double over Villa, and first since 2005-06.

Home and away
      League (inc PL): Liverpool 78 wins, Villa 51, Draws 36
      Prem: Liverpool 17 wins, Villa 8, Draws 6

at Liverpool only
      League (inc PL): Liverpool 52 wins, Villa 14, Draws 16
      Prem: Liverpool 10 wins, Villa 3, Draws 2

Last Season's Corresponding Game

Liverpool 3-1 Aston Villa
      28 October 2006 - Ref: Steve Bennett
      Liverpool scorers: Kuyt 31, Crouch 38, Luis Garcia 44
      Villa scorers: Agbonlahor 56

This Season's Reverse Fixture

Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool
      11 August 2007 - Ref: Mike Riley
      Villa scorer: Barry 85 pen
      Liverpool scorers: Laursen 31 og, Gerrard 87
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #26: Jan 20, 2008 12:18:37 am
      Not too sure if all the other sides winning increases or decreases the pressure for Mondays game against Villa.

Usually if we are shown a glimpse of light when one of them drops points we usually blow our chance.

asadliv
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 20, 2008 04:53:36 am
      play this:

Reina
      Arbeloa    Carra     Skrtel (Agger if fit)  Aurelio
      Benayoun     Stevie   Xabi     Babel
               Crouch     Torres

Don't think Sami can cope with villa's pace in attack hence going for Skrtel but prefer Agger
      Babel to drift in and less crosses from the left from him because we all know his left foot is a bit weak.
      Javier would do nice to break up play but Xabi for me because of creativity.
      Crouch and Torres to do their job up front (not like Dirk who would be dragging play back)   

2-0 would do nicely
      Kop-Of-Malaya
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -4 
      • Kop The Best
      Reply #28: Jan 20, 2008 07:11:59 am
      I would prefer pennant play in the right side if want to put crouch.....he has a good long ball for crouch ....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: Jan 20, 2008 09:59:51 am
       ::)  ummmmmmmmmmmmmm     anyway

must win game for the boys...I'm going for 2-1 to the Reds...look forward to hearing a very noisy crowd, singing their lungs out. Feel that Masch has to play especially to protect Sami. We know he's slow but his positional play will hold him in good stead. 

We have to be very careful at their corners, especially as that Laursen bloke seems to score headers every time he goes up for one. Hope Rafa plays Torres and Babel up front. I feel there pace would really trouble Villas back 4. We can do this, as Bpatels post showed, we have a pretty good record against them. Looking forward to doing the double over them again and moving 3 points clear of them on the table.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #30: Jan 20, 2008 11:11:59 am
      Mind Games???

O'NEILL TIPS REDS FOR TITLE TILT

Martin O’Neill is confident Liverpool can still mount a serious challenge for the title this season.

The Villa boss, whose side travel to Anfield for what promises to be an intriguing encounter on Monday night, tipped the Reds to push the top three all the way for the Premier League crown at the start of the season.

And while he believes Rafa Benitez's side must put together a winning streak to get back amongst the pacesetters he does not see any reason why they won't be there or thereabouts come May.

"After strengthening their team at the start of the season, I thought Liverpool would be genuine contenders and I still wouldn't write them off," he said.

"They would probably have to win eight or nine consecutive games. They are capable of doing that."

Meanwhile Villa defender Martin Laursen has hailed Fernando Torres as a world-class striker - but insists he is not 'Superman.'

The veteran Swede, who committed his future to the Villains last week, claims he is not concerned about facing Liverpool's 17-goal striker and will treat him just like any other forward he has marked.

"Let's not make Torres into Superman," he said.

"He's just a player like everyone else. He's a good player but not better than very many of the other strikers in this country.

"Torres is a world-class striker but, like I said, he's not Superman."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N158504080120-1003.htm
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #31: Jan 20, 2008 11:35:42 am
      Meanwhile Villa defender Martin Laursen has hailed Fernando Torres as a world-class striker - but insists he is not 'Superman.'

The veteran Swede, who committed his future to the Villains last week, claims he is not concerned about facing Liverpool's 17-goal striker and will treat him just like any other forward he has marked.

They could've at least got his nationality right, he's Danish.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #32: Jan 20, 2008 11:46:33 am
      If it's mind games, it's not time to relax with Villa
      Thanks to O'Neill for believing in Liverpool
      I prefer to  listening to the words of people who say Liverpool are still in competion, even those words are mind games!

Don't you know the news?

The match Liverpool vs Aston Villa was yesterday in Belarus! ::)

by many Belarus TV programm!  :laugh:
      streety893
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -3 
      • Theres always hope in our hearts
      Reply #33: Jan 20, 2008 12:22:51 pm
      there can be only one outcome

a liverpool victory
       ;D
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #34: Jan 20, 2008 01:47:06 pm
      If it's mind games, it's not time to relax with Villa
      Thanks to O'Neill for believing in Liverpool
      I prefer to  listening to the words of people who say Liverpool are still in competion, even those words are mind games!

Don't you know the news?

The match Liverpool vs Aston Villa was yesterday in Belarus! ::)

by many Belarus TV programing!  :laugh:

That's some well advance programming you have over there Alessio!!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #35: Jan 20, 2008 03:52:36 pm
      Make sure you don't forget to take your banners and your voices.  Let's give those clowns the biggest two fingered gesture ever.  I'm sure they will hear us from all the way in their big houses in America.

And enjoy the Reds getting back in to form.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #36: Jan 21, 2008 01:40:59 am
      I am ever so confused, been looking for a result and just haven't found one! Haha. Howcome the game is Monday night, anybody know? Also, is it on Sky? I might watch it if it is!!

I wondered how the f*ck Everscum were in 4th place!!
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #37: Jan 21, 2008 08:44:15 am
      I hope we get at them from the outset , villa have improved under o neil , there main threat will be from set -pieces , with mellberg & laursen attacking the ball with menace of which we have to be aware of, but villa have a woeful record here , and will go for a 3-0 victory .

gerrard 2
      torres

;D ;)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #38: Jan 21, 2008 08:56:51 am
      I'd take a 3-0 victory.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #39: Jan 21, 2008 09:03:22 am

I'd take a victory.

Be there tonight, chewing my knuckles as usual.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #40: Jan 21, 2008 09:06:20 am

These are the betting odds for Jamie Carragher to score a hat trick in this game as previously discussed.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your mail.

We ca quote 1000/1 on this happening, If you would like to place the bet you will need
      to do so with our Dial-a-bet team.

Kind regards,
      Neil
      Paddy power customer service

« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2008 09:12:32 am by AJ »
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #41: Jan 21, 2008 09:10:26 am
      I think every liverpool supporter would take a victory :lmao: but I'd just like to see us play good, convincing football.
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 21, 2008 09:14:45 am
      gerrard to breakthrough around 27 mins
      1-0 half/time
      torres 64 min
      gerrard 82 min

i hope !
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #43: Jan 21, 2008 09:17:46 am
      so do i, so do i
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      Reply #44: Jan 21, 2008 09:25:56 am
      would like to see this line -up 2nite

reina
         arbeloa                          carra            hyypia                               riise

pennant                       masch              gerrard                             kewell

torres             babel
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2008 09:37:04 am by SPARKYMARKY »
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #45: Jan 21, 2008 09:36:01 am
                                                    reina
         arbeloa                        hypia            carra                              riise

pennant                       gerrard            masch                             kewell

babel
                                           torres     

I know its the same players, but I'd just have Gerrard on the right, torres slightly further forward, and Carra covering for Riise

SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      Reply #46: Jan 21, 2008 09:39:38 am
      mm, i think we are a bit slow down the left -side and carra doing a covering job would be a good option
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #47: Jan 21, 2008 09:42:22 am
      Woohoo someone likes my idea!!
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      Reply #48: Jan 21, 2008 09:46:06 am
      we both agree , but rafa will know doubt scupper our thinking , ;D
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #49: Jan 21, 2008 09:49:38 am
      No doubt he will  ;D            Go Liverpool
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      Reply #50: Jan 21, 2008 09:51:46 am
      mighty reds !
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #51: Jan 21, 2008 11:04:16 am
      Liverpool to squeeze a 1-0 win (just about) - O'Neills Villa have improved a lot since we played them early doors.

Goal to come from an unexpected party - like Carra or Arbeloa.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #52: Jan 21, 2008 02:48:36 pm
      i need a 2-1 win for the reds to keep 100% record in the prediction league so i'll be chewing my fingers to the bone like i was in the fulham game for the last 20 mins !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #53: Jan 21, 2008 04:53:20 pm
      I can imagine it being pretty tight tonight. Got to get into them from the first whistle and don't allow them any time on the ball. Also, concentration at the back is a must. They've been spot on with their set pieces this season so could do without giving any stupid free kicks away.

It's looking likely Skrtel might play some part. If he does, I hope he's up for it. Will be a strange game to make a debut with all what's going on off the pitch.

I hope Crouch gets a start. I always feel he'll cause more problems with the oppositions defence compared to Kuyt and Voronin. This would take a little bit of attention away from Torres. But we'll see.

Any sort of win will do me tonight. 1-0 to the reds will be fine. Senor Torres please.

Come on you Reds!!!!!!!!
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #54: Jan 21, 2008 04:57:57 pm
      Liverpool 3-1 Villa,

We will have confidence from Luton, I know its only Luton, but confidence was needed, Torres 1, Gerrard with 2. Laursen for them from a set piece.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #55: Jan 21, 2008 05:45:39 pm
      Looking for a 3 - 0 win against Aston Villa.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #56: Jan 21, 2008 05:53:25 pm
      Looking for a 3 - 0 win against Aston Villa.

I doubt it mate, Villa are a very strong team!!!

I'm going for a 1 - 1 scoreline, don't think I've got no faith.. it's just my gut feeling which I can't help :(
      scumo
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #57: Jan 21, 2008 06:28:06 pm
                                           reina
                        finnan  carragher  hyypia  riise
                                      mascherano
                     pennant                      kewell
                               gerrard      babel
                                       torres

we gotta go 4-5-1
      we can hold the ball perfect and set up stevie g
      scumo
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #58: Jan 21, 2008 06:29:19 pm
      2 - 1 to the pool
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #59: Jan 21, 2008 06:53:47 pm
      I will go for 2=0 to the mighty REDS with TORRES and wait for it KUYT to score.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #60: Jan 21, 2008 07:18:30 pm
      I've gone for a 2-1 win in the Prediction League but my head says 1-1, Off to the Pub soon, for some Pear Cider mmmmmmmmmmmm! My Heart just ain't in it a the moment with those 2 yanks messing around with our beautiful club

Quick Reply