Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Benitez to bid £20 million for Ribery?

Read 10108 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Benitez to bid £20 million for Ribery?
      Reply #69: Jun 06, 2008 03:42:31 am
      I don't see the need for you to force down our throats the fact that you are a mod on this forum. It was all in good fun and I have seen even more off hand comments made on this forum since I have joined. Am I being threatened with a ban just because the little joke I made was in your view at your expense? I thought I joined an adult forum with mature people and not kindergarten bullies.

Do you feel the need for us non mods to venerate your every word and not even "DARE" to joke with you? I've been supporting LFC for 21 years now and have heard even more off-colour chants and songs being sung by the kop towards our opposition. Was what I wrote even close to being as offensive? I would like for you to at least have the decency and maturity to explain what was so bad that I need to be threatened with a ban. Notice that I use the word "threaten" repeatedly because that is exactly how your words have been interpreted by me.

Or is your riposte going to be nothing but just directly banning me for this post? If that is so this is truly not a democratic forum where members can post what they feel for fear of being BANNED by the all-watching, all-knowing mods!

If in truth you were so deeply offended by my little joke all you had to do was say so and I would have promptly apologised. This is after all a forum where people give their points of view, is it not? But instead you resort to the tactics of a 5 year old with the "I was here first and you must listen to me or I'll BAN you" attitude.

Do what you will after I post this but know that it reflects your maturity level and that of this whole forum of which you moderate.

Mate, everyone's up for a joke but your remarks were abit insensitive.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #70: Jun 06, 2008 03:54:03 am
      Yeh I know she was only pulling your leg mate!
      Babelinhio
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #71: Jun 07, 2008 10:41:36 am
      £20m for Ribery?

I'd take him for about £15m but he's not worth £20m+

Fence seat?  I'll take it.  ;)

Are you mad, he is probably one of the best right wingers in the world bar Ronaldo or messi, 20m would be a bargain.
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #72: Jun 07, 2008 03:48:17 pm
      Mate, everyone's up for a joke but your remarks were abit insensitive.

Point taken mate and everything's been sorted so lets get back to what we do best..
      I apologise to everyone who took offence at what I said though.

Anyway back on topic, 20mill for Ribery if he was made available to us would be a steal if you ask me. Pure class that boy.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #73: Jun 07, 2008 11:29:58 pm
      v Stuttgart I'd imagine. Left foot strike across goal from distance, just brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXK6DrJmTlE

That was class but I was on the one for Bayern where he was a distance out near the left hand side of the area and he cut inside and hit it powerfully and it dipped into the top corner.

lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #74: Jun 09, 2008 08:03:33 am
      Bayern wont sell him for less than £31 million apparently according to bbc gossip page.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #75: Jun 09, 2008 05:29:57 pm
      And thats to Chelsea.. We seem to have dropped off from the running again. Just watching Euro 2008 here and Ribery is pretty much the best player on the pitch. Quality just oozes from him, and considering he's a right winger I think he'd be perfect for us. If we could sign one player this summer, I would sign him. Young, quality and a perfect fit for our formation... Shame we don't have the cash huh...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #76: Jun 09, 2008 06:27:24 pm
      And thats to Chelsea.. We seem to have dropped off from the running again. Just watching Euro 2008 here and Ribery is pretty much the best player on the pitch. Quality just oozes from him, and considering he's a right winger I think he'd be perfect for us. If we could sign one player this summer, I would sign him. Young, quality and a perfect fit for our formation... Shame we don't have the cash huh...

Agreed. The lad's a top player. Would be lovely to see him in a red shirt. It's a damn shame we don't have the cash.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #77: Jun 09, 2008 07:11:28 pm
      Agreed. The lad's a top player. Would be lovely to see him in a red shirt. It's a damn shame we don't have the cash.

I know it isn't going to happen, but this is the kind of player where you make the cash, not matter how. His passion can change a game, and can motivate the players around him, and if ever we talk about being one or two players away from a title-winning side, I would argue that he would be what we're missing. It sounds a lot of money for him, but when you only need to make one or two investments like this one, surely you can raise money from player sales to help fund it?

He must like the crowd behind him too, so he'd fit in well with us. Marseille are famous for their tremendous support - (didn't we see that at Anfield recently? ;)) - and I think he could be tempted to come, for the fans and the challenge of the EPL. I could see a real chemistry between him and the fans - each motivating the other, one to make more noise and the other to perform even better!
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #78: Jun 09, 2008 07:30:54 pm
      Anyone see him today? Personally I thought France were a bit crap tonight and Ribery was one of the players that I thought played well. He was getting those crosses in and was taking on players. I haven't seen him play alot before but he looked sharp. The price tag on him seems a lot and probably out of our reach, but he impressed me tonight! I hope to see more of him in the next few games.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #79: Jun 09, 2008 07:50:10 pm
      Ribery didnt have the best of games tonight but in all honesty no one has really performed to what they are capable of but its still early in the euro's so im sure that will change.

Apparently chelsea are prepared to pay 31million for him, hope its not true

Quick Reply