Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Bernard Diomede retires

Read 9383 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Re: Bernard Diomede retires
      Reply #46: Feb 23, 2008 12:11:45 pm
      oh how I love the overtone of deep sarcastic wit amoungst those tha saw this bloke play, I joyfully laugh with glee amoungst your goodselves

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Feb 23, 2008 12:15:01 pm
      oh how I love the overtone of deep sarcastic wit amoungst those tha saw this bloke play, I joyfully laugh with glee amoungst your goodselves

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dont appreciate this reaction prag! Have some respect for the bloke. He gave everything he had for this club and this is the way you treat our respects to him? Not happy.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #48: Jun 08, 2008 09:51:28 am
      June 8 is always a special day in Liverpool history. On this day back in 2000, a great man walked through the gates of Anfield and shaped the face of LFC forever. What am i talking about you ask? Well, on this day 8 years ago:

Gerard Houllier announced the capture of France World Cup winner Bernard Diomede on this day back in 2000. 
      The left winger made his Reds debut in the 1-0 UEFA Cup win over Rapid Bucharest but his first team opportunities were to prove limited because of injury problems and difficulty adjusting to the pace of the English game.

Diomede came close to scoring what would have been a goal to remember at Anfield against Sunderland, but he saw his spectacular overhead scissor kick superbly pushed onto the post by Thomas Sorensen. If that had gone in who knows how Diomede's Anfield future would have mapped out? 

Pretty much shaped his career that over head kick. Unfairly dealt with by the management in the club, 'Bernie' as he was so affectionately known by the Anfield faithful was no more than a shadow of his undoubted talent in his time here. The legend lives on Bernie, may you walk on with fire in your heart and a passion to come back to the game we like to call now 'Bernie-ball'.

YNWA
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #49: Jun 08, 2008 12:04:43 pm
      FFS Crouchinho, what did you have to bring this up again for?

I was just about getting over this sad news, but you had to go & drag it all up again.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #50: Jun 08, 2008 12:11:31 pm
      Mate, i think its time we just came to grips and let go. What would Bernie have wanted? For us to moan or for us to rejoice? Appreciate his career and say ' Thats our Bernie '.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #51: Jun 08, 2008 12:31:56 pm
      ;D i remember him for the old championship manager 2001 days :P was actually quite good and i wondered why he never played in real life... give me a break i was only 9 :lmao:
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #52: Jun 09, 2008 11:24:26 pm
      ridiculous isn't it?

now I don't know what I'll do with my shirt with his name and number on the back of it!!  I think I'll put it on e-bay.

have u actually got a shirt with his name and number on it?
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #53: Jun 09, 2008 11:27:32 pm
      Picked this from wikipedia:

During the 2003 Rugby World Cup in Australia, the French team were offered a Gallic rooster as a good luck mascot by a local farmer, which they named Diomède. Naming their new mascot after him was intended to remind the French rugby players that whether they were playing or not, each of them should feel part of the team and focus on the common objective. Diomède himself did not take this tribute too well.
      stevelfc1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #54: Jun 10, 2008 03:08:20 pm
      I think someone has mispelt it!

Its actually spelt RETARD! not Retired!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #55: Jun 10, 2008 03:16:08 pm
      I think someone has mispelt it!

Its actually spelt RETARD! not Retired!

Show some F***ing respect to a past great!

;) Just joking if you hadnt picked up.

Also, how fitting that when you type in Bernie Diomede into Google what comes up? This very thread of course.

Aha! I've done it. I have found some memorable moments in his time at Liverpool:

« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2008 03:19:56 pm by crouchinho »

Quick Reply