Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Refinance hits snag

Read 3383 times
      neolfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Re: LFC Refinance hits snag
      Reply #23: Jan 22, 2008 09:11:03 pm
      well i loook for DIC liverpool alll the time now and there seems to be no news.

It is looking bleak, the markets are crashing are G and h gonna get some more money i doubt it would you lend them money?

Soime people have even gone as far as issuing a plea to DIC to come and buy Liverpool now I don't know if this kind of thing works or will it jsut die a death?

http://www.thedubailife.com/index.php/main/tell_dic_liverpool_takeover

All of this is showing G and H that they are not wanted but they contiue to stay, I guess thy want more money!!!!
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #24: Jan 22, 2008 09:25:12 pm
      whats going on , them 2 burger munching f***wits , just go away .  :f_doh:
      neolfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 22, 2008 09:53:24 pm
      Welll i guess thats one waty of putting it ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #26: Jan 23, 2008 12:58:57 am
      It's been mentioned that the interest alone on the refinancing deal will cost 30 million per year. If the powers that be, responsible for the deal think L.F.C. can't maintain an income surplus, in excess of 30 million per year, the deal will surely not go ahead. With our current position in the Prem, ther's a possibility we may not make the C. L. next season. Our Current form does not suggest we may win the F. A. Cup. The clubs income will therefore drop. Added to that, the forecast recession for the coming year. All retail sales will drop as will gate receipts. I can't see any financial institutions investing loans against L.F.C. for now, with little chance of getting the first years interest paid back. Looks like G & H are in the sh*t and only DIC can help them out of a very deep hole. Unless of course they invest in more quality players to get the team on the right footing. Then the big income will follow. As they haven't got the readies for that, we can kiss the new stadium goodbye as well. Come on DIC.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #27: Jan 23, 2008 01:05:57 am
      What bothers me is it looks very much like the financial advisers at the club had no clue that there was going to be such a bad downturn in the US housing economy & still dealt with 2 US businessmen or worst they knew it was coming & paid no mind.

Surely DIC would have been a better option then & with hindsight, the better option now?
      AdeGorman
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #28: Jan 23, 2008 01:21:27 am
      We need to keep the pressure on............

http://www.petitiononline.com/leaveus/petition.html

Support the cause......sign and spread the word...they ain't got our club yet!!!!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #29: Jan 23, 2008 08:20:11 am
      Just had this emailed from the Bermuda LFC supporters group secretary:

Mark this date in your calendars - February 18th 2008. Massive press conference is being planned at Anfield as we speak. The club has been sold to DIC for 375 million pounds that will give the current owners $710 million – a $70 million profit. Al Ansari, CEO of DIC has completed hid due diligence.

The players and staff were made aware of this prior to the Luton game. Rafa's job is safe but he has to bring in an assistant, this will be Gary McAllister.

Rick Parry, who offended members of DIC last year, will 'step down' and the new owners will bring in David Dein as a replacement.

No more money will be available for transfers in the January window as the current owners will not sanction any deals, unless players are sold. The summer will see massive player investment from DIC, believed to be in the region of 85 million + whatever is made from player sales. This could see a transfer budget of around 115 million. This is not a rumour, this is all legit. Remember who told you the Americans had brought the club, four days before it was released and who let you guys know that Fernando Torres had signed a deal a full week before the press even got wind of it.

That’s me – The Anfield Insider

Well my friend, it sounds like the dream ticket? I just hope and pray you source proves to be correct!!!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #30: Jan 23, 2008 08:30:21 am

Mark this date in your calendars - February 18th 2008. Massive press conference is being planned at Anfield as we speak. The club has been sold to DIC for 375 million pounds that will give the current owners $710 million – a $70 million profit. Al Ansari, CEO of DIC has completed hid due diligence.

The players and staff were made aware of this prior to the Luton game. Rafa's job is safe but he has to bring in an assistant, this will be Gary McAllister.

Rick Parry, who offended members of DIC last year, will 'step down' and the new owners will bring in David Dein as a replacement.

No more money will be available for transfers in the January window as the current owners will not sanction any deals, unless players are sold. The summer will see massive player investment from DIC, believed to be in the region of 85 million + whatever is made from player sales. This could see a transfer budget of around 115 million. This is not a rumour, this is all legit. Remember who told you the Americans had brought the club, four days before it was released and who let you guys know that Fernando Torres had signed a deal a full week before the press even got wind of it.

DM you don't normally post rubbish so I will give you the benefit of a doubt.  But I will look in to the 18th of February.

Sounds too good to be true though?  David Dein & Gary Mac?  Can't see it. 

But we'll have to wait and see won't we.  Otherwise your our new insider DM ;)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #31: Jan 23, 2008 09:37:06 am
      Court & Neil, as I said to DM before, that is the third time I've seen that e-mail with a different date for all this to happen, if it does happen it will be sure luck rather than any inside knowledge on the writers part. It is also rumoured to have come from that Sun supporting pr**k over at kraptalk, so I really wouldn't pay it any heed.   

Would still love to be proved wrong though :p
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #32: Jan 23, 2008 10:57:41 am
      Sounds very promising, 18th not that far away and would be a great lift the day before the Inter game.

Don't think Rafa will be here next season though... think as much as he loves the club he has reached his pride-limit, unless  the new DIC CEO (and others at DIC) speak to him personally ..and at length - Parry certainly won't be here IF DIC take-over...

Will truly love to be wrong...

I heard on Sentanta news that the Yanks are trying to get their refinancing sorted by Thursday...

So who knows eh?

If the Yanks are still here - Rafa won't be - that is 100% sure - in my mind at least...
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #33: Jan 23, 2008 01:15:57 pm
      Court & Neil, as I said to DM before, that is the third time I've seen that e-mail with a different date for all this to happen, if it does happen it will be sure luck rather than any inside knowledge on the writers part. It is also rumoured to have come from that Sun supporting pr**k over at kraptalk, so I really wouldn't pay it any heed.  

Would still love to be proved wrong though :p

Amen to that.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #34: Jan 23, 2008 01:26:19 pm
      Sounds far too good to be true and the yanks apparantly are sorting out finance on thursday which is bad news as it looks as though they are going to stick around.

Why would somebody make this sh*t up ? , what the F**k is the point ? ......sad individual

although i hope they are write ;)
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #35: Jan 23, 2008 01:46:29 pm
      Sorry but there was nothing of any interest in that interview apart from Hicks talking about me, me, me.
      What about Liverpool FC?  >:(
      And the wait goes on and on and on...

Any chance of a season ticket with that pint?!  :food-smiley-005: :aaliverpool2xt1:  ;)

All that Randolph & Mortimer were in it for from the offset was to make themselves and their families wealthier.  Anyone who thought that they gave two flying fucks about Liverpool Football Club, it's Manager, or Supporters were delusional.  The pair of pricks have made fools of people at the club and I'm sure if it becomes too much of a burden, and they don't make as much as they thought they might, then they'll F**k off back to where they belong, and sign Snoogy Doogy for their Ice Hickey, sorry, Ice Hockey team.
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2008 01:50:26 pm by Istvan Kozma »
      StevieGforce
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 23, 2008 02:18:29 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7203724.stm

It looks like the problem with the refiiancing is closed.
      The only good news to come out of this artciile is the "New" plans for the stadium.

We are stuck with the american Bill and Ben the flower pot men, with Parry the weed in the mddle.

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #37: Jan 23, 2008 02:30:14 pm
      Does this mean R.I.P LFC?

Of course not, maybe H&G don't mind spending money for Liverpool, but just under different hands.
      We'll have to see what the outcome is in the summer.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #38: Jan 23, 2008 04:54:46 pm
      Does this mean R.I.P LFC?

Of course not, maybe H&G don't mind spending money for Liverpool, but just under different hands.
      We'll have to see what the outcome is in the summer.

i wish but i doubt it. so far i havent seen them intending on what is best for the club once, they just want the team to make them as much money as they can so that they can make the money take it and leave
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #39: Feb 04, 2008 05:36:27 pm

Gary Mac is at Leeds and I'm waiting for to see if anything will happen on the 18th.

Also no word on David Dein.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,656 posts | 6949 
      Reply #40: Feb 04, 2008 05:46:52 pm
      Erm we'd already established this was a load of bollocks.

Quick Reply