Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should Liverpool fans boycott a fixture at Anfield? (You must be logged in to vote)

Yes
      (37.5%)
      No
      (62.5%)

Vote: An Anfield Boycott?

Read 2869 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Vote: An Anfield Boycott?
      Reply #23: Jan 24, 2008 03:19:39 pm
      No chance. Cant we have abit of class? The boys did nothing wrong and deserve our support.

Nothing from here on in will force them out, they dont care if it turns in to a man hunt. As long as they are making money then they will be here and dont give a flying F**k about what we say about them. They are greedy American bas**rds who have no self respect and would shoot their own mother to make 1 a million pop.

The boys are paid employees of this club.

WE are the spirit of this club... and will be in person or via our kids... way after the Yanks have made their profits and sold the club down the river...

A power-shot in the bollocks of this bas**rds is what is needed - and this would be un-precedented but oh so Liverpool in spirit!!!!!

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #24: Jan 24, 2008 04:09:49 pm
      I think its brilliant to come on here and see how much this club really means to some people. They are so angered by whats going on they come on with ideas on how to show how they feel. Some of it is more thinking with the heart then the head tho I feel

If we boycott Anfield yes the yanks will get a big message but what about the players? They would be  unfairly caught up in it. Imagine them walking out of the tunnell to an empty ground bar the away fans! It would be horrible. Taht would definitely effect them no doubt. They arent the coase of the problem off the field and so they shouldnt be punished.

Maybe turn up to the matcha nd dont buy programmes or beer or pies or dont go to the store and buy jerseys and whatever else. Hit them in the pocket boycott the products that pull the money in for these boys get the message across that way. Dont take it out on our players

Y.N.W.A
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #25: Jan 24, 2008 04:17:19 pm
      Do you realise how much noise 20,000 folks standing and singing outside the ground can make?

The media coverage would be immense... it has to be a live game.

Betis fans did this a few years back ...and then came into the ground after 20 minutes - by which time the team were two nil up... it actually served to motivate the players who were running throuhg brick walls listening to their fans singing outside the stadium.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #26: Jan 24, 2008 04:54:36 pm
      Not being able to go to many games I feel not qualified to comment (but I have voted) I don't think boycotting will work, as others will take the places, not if you buy the ticket and then not go, but would defeat the object of the exercise. I know we are all very unhappy at the moment, but I thing we should wait and see what the next 2 weeks bring.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #27: Jan 24, 2008 05:03:49 pm
      ... as I said above - entering after 20 minutes (in a controlled, calm manner) fits both purposes (send a message to the Yanks and the world that our club will not be fu**ed with)... and sing your hearts out from outside the ground (to motivate the players on the park).

Just imagine them hearing YNWA with an empty kop there (for the first 20 minutes)... would make me run through brick walls for the shirt, for sure.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #28: Jan 24, 2008 05:42:28 pm
      unfortunately  I am not going to the game on saturday ,BUT still I dont agree with the boycott to the game,,yes it would show the yanks something to think about, BUt  what about the players and Rafa ,the fans should not abondon them at all,they need all the fans' support they can get
       So No boycott for me.,its better to go to the game and protest there like the game against Villa and Boycot the merchandise ,as said above
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2008 05:46:24 pm by xabigerrard »
      Cy
      Reply #29: Jan 24, 2008 07:14:26 pm
      I would say no, it's not the players or manager fault.

More stronger image (we would have to think of getting a big media impact if we want to pass the message) would be to have a full stadium but...completely silent... with a massive banner with a message on it hold from the Kop, that could be on the top of boycotting merchandises maybe...
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #30: Jan 24, 2008 07:32:01 pm
       What way of boycott do you suggest to me?
      Show must go on! So YNWA must be sung!
      Liverpool fans are the best at inventing banners!
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #31: Jan 24, 2008 09:16:42 pm
      No - agree with the idea but you would never get all the fans to stay away so would a half full stadium make an impact? Don't think so. Lets be more creative and start to think how we can directly affect them on their own turf in the states. Negative publicity in Texas would be a good start....... :f_steam:
      Lotuskid
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #32: Jan 24, 2008 10:38:02 pm
      Sounds like THicks already has plenty of negative publicity in Texas....
      http://ickscorner.wordpress.com/2007/12/28/we-feel-your-pain-liverpool/

Even the fans of his American teams hate the tosser...
      paulstev
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 24, 2008 11:22:21 pm
      Im over in the US and know that there are several supporters clubs over here how about trying to contact the dallas chapter and have them protest outside hicks offices in dallas?

http://www.myspace.com/liverpoolfctexaschapter 
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2008 11:27:21 pm by paulstev »

Quick Reply