Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Golf

Read 128515 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Golf
      Reply #966: Jul 20, 2024 06:13:23 pm
      Great to see Rose intouch. Weather is dire at the moment

Good viewing and surprisingly some good scores posted.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,660 posts | 1479 
      Reply #967: Jul 20, 2024 09:48:34 pm
      Lowry collapsed from about the 8th (postage stamp) he took a 5 at the 8th  after ending up in the 'coffin' bunker. Downhill after that and shot a 6 over 77. Have to go down to tied 62 for a worse score. Koepka with a 7 over.But still only 4 shots between top 9 players.

All to play for tomorrow. If it's not Lowry or Schauffle then Rose would be the chosen winner. But just a shoot out now or could be the one who just stays consistent, makes the least number of mistakes. Lowry must be deflated now though.
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2024 09:54:29 pm by Harrisimo »
      Harrisimo

• 8,660 posts | 1479 
      Reply #968: Jul 21, 2024 01:08:09 pm
      Set up for a classic Open final round. Nobody outstanding favorite. 10-12 players still in it.Rahm could easily post a score and could end up being very close.Drama guaranteed.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,850 posts | 1889 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #969: Jul 21, 2024 01:23:51 pm
      Proper golf, not you usual USA pitch and putt course. l o l
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #970: Jul 21, 2024 02:01:55 pm
      Set up for a classic Open final round. Nobody outstanding favorite. 10-12 players still in it.Rahm could easily post a score and could end up being very close.Drama guaranteed.

Rahm? I liked him when he was on the PGA 😂 Not keen now at Liv.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #971: Jul 21, 2024 02:03:16 pm
      Hard one to call this now. Money on Schauffle but if I’m to lose hope it’s to Lowry or Rose…
      Harrisimo

• 8,660 posts | 1479 
      Reply #972: Jul 21, 2024 02:43:40 pm
      Hard one to call this now. Money on Schauffle but if I’m to lose hope it’s to Lowry or Rose…

Good Luck with Schauffle. He has a good a chance as any and I thought he would get at least a top 5. But you have to make your score on the front 9 and protect it on the back 9. But so many things can go wrong. Thought I heard a local say the wind gets worse when the tide changes. Right scrap now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #973: Jul 21, 2024 02:55:50 pm
      Good Luck with Schauffle. He has a good a chance as any and I thought he would get at least a top 5. But you have to make your score on the front 9 and protect it on the back 9. But so many things can go wrong. Thought I heard a local say the wind gets worse when the tide changes. Right scrap now.

I just can’t call it at the moment but I’ve have Scheffler favourite now. Sadly Brown as predicted dropping shots. He went longer than I thought but still an incredible performance by him over the last four days.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #974: Jul 21, 2024 05:36:25 pm

In the green now and laid off. I’ve got a tenner left on at 15.5 so will let that ride 😂😂
      Harrisimo

• 8,660 posts | 1479 
      Reply #975: Jul 21, 2024 07:07:32 pm
      In the green now and laid off. I’ve got a tenner left on at 15.5 so will let that ride 😂😂

Great win, congrats.Deserved it. And great finish by Schauffle, although I have to admit I missed part of it due to circs beyond.

But I thought Schauffle would do well. Has the flexible game, and he took the chances and surged ahead and it was a great comp even if I missed some of the back 9. Good end of the Majors for you.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #976: Jul 21, 2024 07:23:45 pm
      Great win, congrats.Deserved it. And great finish by Schauffle, although I have to admit I missed part of it due to circs beyond.

But I thought Schauffle would do well. Has the flexible game, and he took the chances and surged ahead and it was a great comp even if I missed some of the back 9. Good end of the Majors for you.
      👍👍
      His back nine was incredible, granted better conditions but still need the nerve. Felt sorry for Lowry & Rose though.  I’ll pick two players again to win a major in 2025 when prices come out. One of them probably Aberg unless it’s a skinny price. I’d take 10/1 now if it becomes available. 😂

Got my eye on two or three pending any value. Can’t see Scheffler being anymore than 5/2 though. Rory will be to short also and what with his mind space now in majors almost impossible to back unfortunately.

Hoping to watch/see more of Miles Russell though.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,944 posts | 5194 
      Reply #977: Sep 12, 2024 06:37:35 am
      Off to the Irish Open golf at Royal County Down this morning.

Clear day but windy should make for a tough enough first day for the players
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #978: Sep 12, 2024 02:56:24 pm
      Must be nice  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,944 posts | 5194 
      Reply #979: Sep 12, 2024 07:29:51 pm

Great day out.

Could only get to today and only back there now.

Seen Pádraig, Luke Donald, Kjeldsen and Ross Fisher for a good few holes in the morning.

Rory, Shane Lowry, mainly in the afternoon and a few others.

Harrisimo

• 8,660 posts | 1479 
      Reply #980: Sep 16, 2024 03:36:20 pm
      Mcilroy pipped at the post yet again. Surely this great talent will go on a winning spree next season. Far too good for his career to peter out. Just, for whatever reason, seems to lack the strong finish he once had.

Made a few mistakes on the last few holes and that always gives a player coming up on the rails a chance. Hojgaard shot a 65 and that was enough as Rory stumbled. Game is littered with great players losing the plot midway through their careers but I really hope Rory comes back and wins big next season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #981: Sep 16, 2024 04:19:24 pm
      Mcilroy pipped at the post yet again. Surely this great talent will go on a winning spree next season. Far too good for his career to peter out. Just, for whatever reason, seems to lack the strong finish he once had.

Made a few mistakes on the last few holes and that always gives a player coming up on the rails a chance. Hojgaard shot a 65 and that was enough as Rory stumbled. Game is littered with great players losing the plot midway through their careers but I really hope Rory comes back and wins big next season.

Gut  wrenching to watch him at the moment, I’m convinced it’s all in his head after losing out on another major or 2. The winning line is given him a mental problem, just hope he can work his way round it.m
      Harrisimo

• 8,660 posts | 1479 
      Reply #982: Sep 16, 2024 04:49:18 pm
      Gut  wrenching to watch him at the moment, I’m convinced it’s all in his head after losing out on another major or 2. The winning line is given him a mental problem, just hope he can work his way round it.m

Could be right. Game can give you the jitters no matter how much experience you've got. I was convinced Rory would win but just can't get over the line. Has to forget the score and play what's in front of him. He will win next season but will it be one of the big 4..you wouldn't rule him out.And the Open is at Portrush next season.
      Harrisimo

• 8,660 posts | 1479 
      Reply #983: Sep 16, 2024 04:55:36 pm
      And poor old Donald can't get a game in peace..ffs..don't like the man but FFS let him feck about on the golf course..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,566 posts | 3798 
      Reply #984: Sep 16, 2024 04:59:19 pm
      Rory will get there - been a heck of a couple years off the course for him

Just needs to find a way to relax and enjoy it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,992 posts | 2855 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #985: Sep 16, 2024 05:29:53 pm
      Could be right. Game can give you the jitters no matter how much experience you've got. I was convinced Rory would win but just can't get over the line. Has to forget the score and play what's in front of him. He will win next season but will it be one of the big 4..you wouldn't rule him out.And the Open is at Portrush next season.

I’ve actually back him and Aberg to win a major next season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,944 posts | 5194 
      Reply #986: Sep 16, 2024 07:01:26 pm
      Sad the way it ended for Rory and on Thursday when I was there he looked full of confidence and was striding from home to hole looking relaxed.

Links courses seems to be a bit of Achilles heel for him at times so The Open at Portrush could well be another anti climax

Quick Reply