Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Cricket

Read 395793 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Re: Cricket
      Reply #6095: Jan 27, 2024 10:47:17 am
      Lead passes a hundred.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #6096: Jan 27, 2024 11:13:56 am
      End of the day 316-6 with a lead of 126.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,913 posts | 435 
      Reply #6097: Jan 27, 2024 11:34:03 am
      Well played to Ollie Pope kept his calm when chaos was all around him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6098: Jan 27, 2024 11:40:34 am
      If we can sneak a lead over 200
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #6099: Jan 27, 2024 01:58:59 pm
      Great knock by Ollie Pope. Pope had been preying for an innings like that. But will it be enough. 126 on is not bad considering the situation they were in, self dug hole almost with getting out in just 64 overs in Ist innings.

They would need 200 odd to have a realistic chance. Not quite over yet.
      Don77

• 6,614 posts | 1109 
      Reply #6100: Jan 27, 2024 02:08:37 pm
      Great knock by Ollie Pope. Pope had been preying for an innings like that. But will it be enough. 126 on is not bad considering the situation they were in, self dug hole almost with getting out in just 64 overs in Ist innings.

They would need 200 odd to have a realistic chance. Not quite over yet.

I think if they can get beyond 160 they've a small chance. Pope played great today.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,913 posts | 435 
      Reply #6101: Jan 28, 2024 11:05:22 am
      India turning this around again and with the introduction of Rehan runs will begin to flow. Surely its much better for that young lads development to bowl and bowl and bowl for the England Lions rather than be picked for the test team and bowl 5 overs an innings?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,913 posts | 435 
      Reply #6102: Jan 28, 2024 11:25:34 am
      5 for for Hartley. India 55 to win Eng 2 wickets
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #6103: Jan 28, 2024 12:04:47 pm
      England win by 28 runs !
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #6104: Jan 28, 2024 12:32:16 pm
      Great knock from Olly Pope to give us something to bowl at second time round.

And Tom Hartley taking seven wickets to bring it home.

That’s why test cricket remains the greatest form of the game.
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #6105: Jan 28, 2024 10:15:59 pm
      Chasing any total over 200 in the 4th innings in India is never easy. Pitches deteriorate quicker. Obviously dry as a bone and the ball does strange things. Spinners dream in a lot of ways. Hartley exploited the pitch brilliantly.

Backed up by Root and Leach, excellent fielding and as always, great glove work by Foakes. What a knock by Pope. Very much like Ian Bell, almost his double in batting style.

MOTM...mmm...tough call but I'm going for Ollie Pope. Hartley was great but the pitch did help him.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #6106: Jan 29, 2024 04:30:23 pm
      Didn't see any of the match but there's been a lot of talk about the West Indies beating the Aussies at the Gabba

There's a lot of excitment around Shamar Joseph as well who was player of the series.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6107: Jan 30, 2024 11:32:53 pm
      Didn't see any of the match but there's been a lot of talk about the West Indies beating the Aussies at the Gabba

There's a lot of excitment around Shamar Joseph as well who was player of the series.

Mate we needed 216 on the last day with 8 wickets in hand

Shamar broke his toe from a Mitch Starc yorker the night before.

morning of the last day was in his hotel with 90 mins to go till they travelled to ground

was hurt and in bed, his Team doc said come to the ground and support the lads.

gave him an injection in his toe.

Came out and got 7 for. Amazing effort but as usual  Labuschange, Head, Mitch Marsh and Cameron Green who is just sh*t, lost their wickets easily and with not much left to chase, fkn Starc and that moron when he bats, Lyon just threw their wickets away and cost us the match.

Always, always had a soft spot for the Windies from their calypso dayz so the loss didn't bother me at all. Always want the Windies to do well no matter who they play.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #6108: Jan 31, 2024 03:10:49 pm
      Always, always had a soft spot for the Windies from their calypso dayz so the loss didn't bother me at all. Always want the Windies to do well no matter who they play.

You and me both mate.

Growing up in Tocky where a lot of me mates are of Caribbean heritage kind of gave me reason to. Not many of me mates growing up actually liked cricket that much but their parents/grandparents did and would give me all the stories of the great Windies sides.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      Reply #6109: Jan 31, 2024 11:51:03 pm
      You and me both mate.

Growing up in Tocky where a lot of me mates are of Caribbean heritage kind of gave me reason to. Not many of me mates growing up actually liked cricket that much but their parents/grandparents did and would give me all the stories of the great Windies sides.

I was lucky enough to meet the Great Sir Viv Richards in Melbourne in his prime mate. The size of his forearms when he shook my hand...F**k , he nearly broke me!

Greenidge Haynes, Gomez, Sir Viv, Sir Clive, Jeffrey Dujon, Ambrose, Marshall, Holding and Garner- Wow! Memories!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #6110: Feb 01, 2024 05:03:38 pm
      I was lucky enough to meet the Great Sir Viv Richards in Melbourne in his prime mate. The size of his forearms when he shook my hand...F**k , he nearly broke me!

Greenidge Haynes, Gomez, Sir Viv, Sir Clive, Jeffrey Dujon, Ambrose, Marshall, Holding and Garner- Wow! Memories!!!

I've just been sat here for ten minutes or so trying to think of the fourth fast bowler from the 80s and finally got it with Andy Roberts.

Out of the names you've listed mate, I think the only one I remember watching was Curtly Ambrose. He was a F***ing animal alongside Walsh and Bishop, with Jimmy Adams or Carl Hooper providing the spin. Lara, Chanderpaul and Sarwan in the middle order was always a good test as well.
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #6111: Feb 03, 2024 10:20:51 am
      England trailing again. 200 odd by opener Jaiswal got them close to 400. Anderson decent 3-47. England clunking along on 228-7. Only 49 overs, so nobody dropping anchor.  Got to get up to 300-340 to stay in the game.

England will struggle to chase down anything close to 200 and beyond in the 4th innings. Stokes just out..not looking good now..8 down..bowled for 47...all out 253,still 143 adrift. Bumrah 6-47..

India 28-0   Close of play..........171 on 10 wkts in hand.

1-1 unless England pull out something special.

« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2024 11:34:04 am by Harrisimo »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      Reply #6112: Feb 03, 2024 11:06:52 pm
      I've just been sat here for ten minutes or so trying to think of the fourth fast bowler from the 80s and finally got it with Andy Roberts.

Out of the names you've listed mate, I think the only one I remember watching was Curtly Ambrose. He was a F***ing animal alongside Walsh and Bishop, with Jimmy Adams or Carl Hooper providing the spin. Lara, Chanderpaul and Sarwan in the middle order was always a good test as well.

Wow, sometimes I forget how old I am Bud. Was the generation before the lads you mentioned.

Greendige and Haynes opened the batting and carved everyone around mate. As soon as one of them went out The Master Blaster, Sir Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards would walk out, no helmet, chewing gum, with he biggest swagger, then proceed to smash all bowlers to all parts of the ground.

If you ever get bored mate, check out those Calypso Legends. What a F***ing Team. Was a joy to watch.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #6113: Feb 04, 2024 10:55:30 am
      Wow, sometimes I forget how old I am Bud. Was the generation before the lads you mentioned.

Greendige and Haynes opened the batting and carved everyone around mate. As soon as one of them went out The Master Blaster, Sir Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards would walk out, no helmet, chewing gum, with he biggest swagger, then proceed to smash all bowlers to all parts of the ground.

If you ever get bored mate, check out those Calypso Legends. What a F***ing Team. Was a joy to watch.

I’ve seen plenty of them mate. And the carnival atmosphere in the crowds, it’s how cricket should be played.

Such a shame that the West Indies board can’t afford the same sort of wages as other nations, which forces their players to choose between honour of playing for their country or the money of the IPL.

But a good West Indian cricket team is good for cricket in my opinion.
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #6114: Feb 04, 2024 01:52:50 pm
      England almost out of it.Set 399 in 4th innings is an impossible task and Tom Cruise doesn't play cricket. Root needs a score.

On the West Indian front saw Sir Garfield Sobers at Old Trafford, playing for Notts. Paid 80p to get in..what a pleasure, just so graceful. Frank Hayes scored 100 odd.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      Reply #6115: Feb 05, 2024 05:38:42 am
      Not sure what will give me more nightmares, root''s dismissal or arsenal's second goal
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,451 posts | 2846 
      Reply #6116: Feb 05, 2024 08:50:12 am
      Bumrah (particularly in the first innings) the difference there.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      Reply #6117: Feb 05, 2024 08:56:59 am
      Deserved win for info, a top score of 76 to england a big factor. Inexplicable dismissals by root and stokes

Quick Reply