Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Cricket

Read 394309 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Re: Cricket
      Reply #6072: Oct 29, 2023 10:06:27 pm
      I know it was a tricky pitch but some of those dismissals were absolutely shocking.

sh*te . Ben Stokes coming back shocking decision he looked clueless. Bairstow and Malan nothing shots hence playing on. My mate is Motty used to play with him but he has some got some major decisions wrong
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #6073: Nov 04, 2023 04:17:00 pm
      England look dead & buried..again. Chasing a slightly below par score of 287 and are 200-7...bout 0.1% chance of winning..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,419 posts | 2836 
      Reply #6074: Nov 04, 2023 08:38:55 pm
      That Zampa and Starc partnership the difference today
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #6075: Nov 05, 2023 03:54:46 pm
      England look dead & buried..again. Chasing a slightly below par score of 287 and are 200-7...bout 0.1% chance of winning..

In the end only 30 odd away. If the established professionals had lived up to even half their billing, it would've at least went to the wire.

Crap all round esp the batters, just weren't prepared to work to make a score. 50 overs isn't a 'bash'.
      Don77

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #6076: Nov 05, 2023 04:08:52 pm
      In the end only 30 odd away. If the established professionals had lived up to even half their billing, it would've at least went to the wire.

Crap all round esp the batters, just weren't prepared to work to make a score. 50 overs isn't a 'bash'.

England's arrogance really came to the fore in this tournament. The senior players just have not performed. Only Rashid in my opinion comes out with any credit. I thought Willey bowled ok too after a difficult start. Malan at the top as well.

But England's arrogance of trying to bash every ball no matter the ball bowled or the situation has cost them. Buttler wasn't up for the fight. Just slog and slog.

Their arrogance cost them the ashes. Brainless ego driven cricket when just normal cricket would have more than done. Do England want to win ... or do they just want to be 'entertainers' because bazball isn't winning much is it.

Finally I understand he has his fans which is fine ... no problem. I'm sick of bairstow. He's flopped again ... like he flopped in the ashes. I've never seen a player in modern times who has done so little and retined a place.

With Foakes behind the stumps we'd have comfortably won the ashes despite the brainless cricket of the first 2 games. Bairstow was pushed in on no form after injury,  or merit. And he wasn't upto it. Failed with the gloves and the bat. And with a better opener here we'd not be in this situation either. He's failed again. But you just know bullet proof jonny will be OK and others will pay the price.
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #6077: Nov 05, 2023 11:42:42 pm
      England's arrogance really came to the fore in this tournament. The senior players just have not performed. Only Rashid in my opinion comes out with any credit. I thought Willey bowled ok too after a difficult start. Malan at the top as well.

But England's arrogance of trying to bash every ball no matter the ball bowled or the situation has cost them. Buttler wasn't up for the fight. Just slog and slog.

Their arrogance cost them the ashes. Brainless ego driven cricket when just normal cricket would have more than done. Do England want to win ... or do they just want to be 'entertainers' because bazball isn't winning much is it.

Finally I understand he has his fans which is fine ... no problem. I'm sick of bairstow. He's flopped again ... like he flopped in the ashes. I've never seen a player in modern times who has done so little and retined a place.

With Foakes behind the stumps we'd have comfortably won the ashes despite the brainless cricket of the first 2 games. Bairstow was pushed in on no form after injury,  or merit. And he wasn't upto it. Failed with the gloves and the bat. And with a better opener here we'd not be in this situation either. He's failed again. But you just know bullet proof jonny will be OK and others will pay the price.

Course he will.they have just dished out Contracts again only Willey I think missed.out.Stokes should.never have been able to come.back.. What's happened to brook.? Mark.Wood.and Liam.Livingstone should be nowhere near. Root ,Bairstow, need to go
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,419 posts | 2836 
      Reply #6078: Nov 07, 2023 04:35:28 pm
      What an innings from Maxwell
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #6079: Nov 07, 2023 04:44:07 pm
      The Big Show . What a costly drop though
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 425 
      Reply #6080: Nov 07, 2023 04:53:33 pm
      That was F***ing nuts. Backed the Aussies in play at 20/1 hopijg the big show would produce something crazy. 

Don77

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #6081: Nov 11, 2023 03:13:04 pm
      Adil Rachid is a quality bowler. Hope he stays on after what has been a shambles of a world cup. Arguably been a better player than Ali has all round. Wish we'd got more red ball cricket out of him
      Don77

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #6082: Nov 19, 2023 03:47:34 pm
      Can't watch the end of this. India have given it to the aussies who arnt that good a team. Just gleefully taken the gifts they've been handed. Just like they did in the summer when they were 2nd best.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #6083: Nov 19, 2023 04:23:52 pm
      It wasn’t great wanting the Aussies to win but great to hear a silent stadium - nothing like beating a team that was looking to cheat
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,461 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6084: Nov 19, 2023 05:43:18 pm
      Well played Australia. Hopefully words I won't have to repeat for a while
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #6085: Jan 25, 2024 04:00:38 pm
      Really poor display from England on the opening day of the series in India.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 425 
      Reply #6086: Jan 25, 2024 05:06:03 pm
      Ita okay picking 3 spinners but if they are poor quality they'll get well found out against the Indians in India. Poor Hartley got the treatment. 
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #6087: Jan 25, 2024 06:48:17 pm
      Duckett says England "in strong position"....bowled out in 64 overs suggest they didn't bother getting their heads down. ' Bazball'....hell for leather cricket. In India as everywhere you need to stick around, battle to get runs on the board. 250 ish is not a disaster, but it's nothing to boast about either.

Even a 50 odd lead could be significant but you can never call it. But I definitely would not say..England are in a 'strong position'.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 425 
      Reply #6088: Jan 26, 2024 07:55:49 am
      Sometimes Ben does things for effect rather than for a purpose. His early declaration on day 1 test 1 in the Ashes. Letting New Zealand tie the test series in the series prior when we had dominated them with another early declaration and here choosing 3 spinners + Root for this match.

Beyond Leach England have not got a spinner remotely good enough and one of Ahmed or Hartley should have been left out for another seamer.

Spin options of Leach Root and 1 other is plenty. Again all about creating headlines from the Captain / Coach.

An innings defeat here will hopefully focus some minds.
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #6089: Jan 26, 2024 09:01:57 am
      Sometimes Ben does things for effect rather than for a purpose. His early declaration on day 1 test 1 in the Ashes. Letting New Zealand tie the test series in the series prior when we had dominated them with another early declaration and here choosing 3 spinners + Root for this match.

Beyond Leach England have not got a spinner remotely good enough and one of Ahmed or Hartley should have been left out for another seamer.

Spin options of Leach Root and 1 other is plenty. Again all about creating headlines from the Captain / Coach.

An innings defeat here will hopefully focus some minds.

Could be but more like 7/8 wickets. 120-150 could be the lead. England will try and 'Bazball' it again. Killing off test cricket. Might as well limit the overs if they're just imitating limited over cricket.

'The art of cricket is to defend your wicket'...now reads..'The art......is to whack it into space'
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2024 09:15:31 am by Harrisimo »
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 425 
      Reply #6090: Jan 26, 2024 09:16:12 am
      Could be but more like 7/8 wickets. 120-150 could be the lead. England will try and 'Bazball' it again. Killing off test cricket. Might as well limit the overs if they're just imitating limited over cricket.

'The art of cricket is to defend your wicket'...now reads..'The art......is to whack it into space'

Could be but I reckon these will rack up a 200 lead and we'll be skittled. 3 day game.
      Don77

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #6091: Jan 27, 2024 08:52:18 am
      172/5 trailing by 18. Another failure for bairstow following on from a summer of failure. Its a mystery how he keeps his place in this team. Offers nothing.

Inexperienced bowling attack where it counts on the spin dept. For the life of me why don't they bring Rashid here ... quality spin bowler. Maybe he retired from red ball stuff. My bad if he did.

Not enough runs in the 1st innings and that's a constant theme with England. They don't value their wickets and are unable to grind it out and build a total.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #6092: Jan 27, 2024 10:29:23 am
      100 run partnership from Pope and Foakes have put England 80 ahead.

Great century from Pope as well.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #6093: Jan 27, 2024 10:37:01 am
      And almost instantly after posting, Foakes gets one that keeps low and hits the off stump.

Lead of 91 with four wickets remaining.
      Don77

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #6094: Jan 27, 2024 10:42:25 am
      Nothing Foakes could do about that. Ridiculous.  Another example of why in test cricket first innings runs are what is needed. Something they just won't learn and until they do wins against India, Australia ... the big series will not happen. 200 just doesn't cut it I'm afraid. But I'm hardly breaking news there am I.

Foakes played well. It's a big series for him but even if he does well and jonny fails and fails and fails he will be out come the summer, Brook obviously back in and the gloves back to bairstow. Its a situation England need to sort out.

Quick Reply