Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

West Ham vs Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 18542 times
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Re: West Ham vs Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #345: Jan 31, 2008 08:49:20 am
      Worst refereeing display I have ever seen. We weren't great, but it's really easy to get frustrated when the referee is so one-sided. The Torres yellow card? The Alonso yellow card? The Lucas Neill hand ball? Just brutal.

But thats to be expected. There is nothing quite so much fun as kicking a dog when its down. They all get in on the act, fat pundits, opposition fans, wino journalists....and we've let them in the door.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #346: Jan 31, 2008 08:52:04 am
      I remember when Rafa left Valencia. He cried as he was leaving the interview and apparently most of the Valencia players were heartbroken especailly the Valencia captain at the time!

Listen, I like the guy. I'm a big fan of Spain and the Spanish. I love the Spanish contingent at Anfield. But this isn't cutting the mustard anymore. 4th place is bad enough, but its 2004/2005 all over again. He won't play Crouch and Babel. He won't introduce Lucas till it is too late. Carragher is blowing out his F***ing arse and Gerrard needs a clip around the ears. He needs to take a butchers knife to that team and slice off the fat. He needs to make use of what he has. But he isn't, and he is DESTROYING the team because of it.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #347: Jan 31, 2008 08:54:04 am
      I reckon Crouch should be our second choice striker.

Peter Crouch should start every game with Torres alongside him and Babel as a nominal left winger with Pennant on the right. Ask Pennant and Babel to interchange to cause maximum confusion. Let the team stream forward with some ABANDON once and for all.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #348: Jan 31, 2008 08:55:46 am
      Anyway, look onto the Sunderland game. We can get three points for sure :)..................:(

I dunno so much mate Kenwynne Jones is looking as sharp as a razor Rafa should use about now and they have a new guy called Pricka who looks good too, I'll go away with a draw and be happy.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #349: Jan 31, 2008 08:57:16 am
      To the guy that was aving a dig at carra, are you F***ing insane??? if you think that then you should go find an anti liverpool forum!!!

In the summer rafa clearly needs to be given as much money as he wants and the freedom he wants.
      1. We need another world class striker or play babel up front with him most games and get rid of kuyt and voronin 3 strikers are enough
      2. We need wingers with more strength and pace and skill
      3. The odd extra english player would'nt go a miss seeing as we are an english team and we dont want to do an arsenal
      4. Invest in a world class right back I.e alves as he has everything from tackling, to shooting to pace
      5. get insua up to the first team level as he is one for the future and now is the perfect time to mould him into that staus
      6. Get pako back or get kenny dalglish as number 2
      7. be more physical in games
      8. play passing game, move the ball about and split them with the pace of babel and torres

then we would have the quickest attack in the league, the best midfield and the best defence along with pepe

add those ingrediants and it would come to about £60 million and it would be well worth it and would bring home number 19

I agree.

Dump Kuyt and Voronin, Riise, Finnan, Kewell. Dump them shares and see how much can be got for them.

Promote Jack Hobbs to the first squad, so when Carragher finally gets taken to the glue factory we have an English man ready to fill in. Get Insua out on loan to an English club that will play him for 6 months.

Have a sniff around and see what Bentley and Joaquin are up to.

Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #350: Jan 31, 2008 08:59:16 am
      I dunno so much mate Kenwynne Jones is looking as sharp as a razor Rafa should use about now and they have a new guy called Pricka who looks good too, I'll go away with a draw and be happy.

What!!!!!!

Its Roy Keane, hardly the Brain of Britain when it comes to FuBall management.

But you know how Keane is going to approach the game. He's not dumb, he'll tell them what a pack of stooges we are and how we are there for the taking, pretty much the same that everyone has been saying this season.

But then he'll play Paul McShame in defence and we'll get a win.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #351: Jan 31, 2008 09:07:55 am
      Now the one problem I have with Rafa (my only problem);
      He changes the team around when we are winning which I think eventually gives us a bad game. But when it is time to change things around (now) he doesn't. Face the reality Crouch should always start ahead of Kuyt (even though he is my favourite player), he just hasn't had enough impack this season although Crouch has been brilliant in some and dreadfull in others. Remember when he started up front with Torres earlier this season. Well I don't think we scored and it was because they just didn't match, however that was the only game I have seen Crouch not link up with others in a match. I think the match was Birmingham.
      Oh yeah and Pennant, if Rafa is sticking by his word with Babel, why not start Pennant, he can be a great player at times and puts in deadly crosses which would be very useful if Crouch is in the box.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2008 09:10:00 am by benforrest »
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #352: Jan 31, 2008 09:09:50 am
      What!!!!!!

But you know how Keane is going to approach the game. He's not dumb, he'll tell them what a pack of stooges we are and how we are there for the taking, pretty much the same that everyone has been saying this season.

But then he'll play Paul McShame in defence and we'll get a win.

When it comes to the stage where we can only draw with Villa @ Anfiled and not get ANY points against a below par West Ham I'm not banking on a Sunderland win as much as I agree it SHOULD be an easy game but we obviously have team morale issues and what the F**k was Crouch doing last night warming up for post match party?
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #353: Jan 31, 2008 09:11:15 am
      Now the one problem I have with Rafa (my only problem);
      He changes the team around when we are winning which I think eventually gives us a bad game. But when it is time to change things around (now) he doesn't. Face the reality Crouch should always start ahead of Kuyt (even though he is my favourite player), he just hasn't had enough impack this season although Crouch has been brilliant in some and dreadfull in others. Remember when he started up front with Torres earlier this season. Well I don't think we scored and it was because they just didn't match, however that was the only game I have seen Crouch not link up with others in a match. I think the match was Birmingham.

The trick is not trying to match them together. Thats the problem, IMHO. Benitez thinks he is the jigsaw master. Did Ferguson try and match tevez to Rooney? No.....he just let them do their thing.

Put Torres and Crouch up front with Babel just behind them. I promise you, it will work. If the big defenders go to shut Torres down they'll leave openings. Crouch will beat them in the air 99% of the time, any pinballs that break, you're talking Torres, Babel.

Babel ghosting in from the edge of the box....

It can't fail.

But hey...Voronin on the right with Kuyt in the middle. Its the Rafa way.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #354: Jan 31, 2008 09:11:53 am
      When it comes to the stage where we can only draw with Villa @ Anfiled and not get ANY points against a below par West Ham I'm not banking on a Sunderland win as much as I agree it SHOULD be an easy game but we obviously have team morale issues and what the F**k was Crouch doing last night warming up for post match party?

If you can't beat Sunderland at home then........
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #355: Jan 31, 2008 09:15:06 am
      What!!!!!!

I'm sure he can spell Football though ;)
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #356: Jan 31, 2008 09:17:11 am
      I'm sure he can spell Football though ;)

So can I.

I was sayin FuBball.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #357: Jan 31, 2008 09:28:50 am

For us uneducated fans please define
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #358: Jan 31, 2008 12:09:56 pm
      If you can't beat Sunderland at home then........

Again another quote questioning your support.
      Come clean mate and tell us who you really support.
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #359: Jan 31, 2008 12:13:24 pm
      I'm sick of the storm...when is the golden sky coming?
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #360: Jan 31, 2008 12:14:19 pm
      I'm sick of the storm...when is the golden sky coming?

a ahahh aha hahaahah aha hahhhh

Best post ever mate.

I think we'll have to settle for the lark.....the boardroom lark!!! Or Mullarky!!
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #361: Jan 31, 2008 12:47:45 pm
      a ahahh aha hahaahah aha hahhhh

Best post ever mate.

I think we'll have to settle for the lark.....the boardroom lark!!! Or Mullarky!!

I can't watch all of the games so sometimes I have to rely on TEXT MESSAGE notifications...which i usually get in the morning if the game starts late. As soon as I see the message it ruins my whole f*ckin day.

I'm a RED FOREVER but this has got to stop. We don't deserve this kinda life...even with all the problems we have behind the scenes we should still be getting some results. :f_steam:

Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #362: Jan 31, 2008 01:13:58 pm

You're joking right, at home? Against a team in the lower half???

its this attitude that had put us in the position we are in. You cannot be happy with a draw at home, never, maybe away but never at Home. It is home form that gets you halfway to the title, look at United, Arsenal and Chelsea.
      Kop-Of-Malaya
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -4 
      • Kop The Best
      Reply #363: Jan 31, 2008 02:19:09 pm
      short word from me....."Rafa just GO".......sry everybody....
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #364: Jan 31, 2008 02:19:53 pm
      Troffy mate youre a disgrace

Quick Reply