Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

King Kenny

Read 2236 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      King Kenny
      Apr 02, 2007 08:34:59 pm
      Been surfing as you do when i came across this compilation.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kvAGSEnfIP4&mode=related&search

I got goosebumps just watching the genius at work again, but then the thought occurred to me that whilst all reds fully understand why Kenny should be classed as a legend i dont think fans from outside our club fully appreciate how good he was. Look at the way the media go on about Thierry Henry, Ronaldhino, Zidane etc praising them from the rooftops even Enter the Dragon Cantona gets mentioned as a Gallic genius. Iam now of the opinion that had Kenny played for the Mancs and achieved half of what he did with us he would have a statue to him in the town centre a, an August Bank Holiday called King Kenny day and he would be Knighted by the Queen.
      Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish you are a living legend.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: King Kenny
      Reply #1: Apr 02, 2007 09:27:43 pm
      Whats that song called?
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #2: Apr 02, 2007 09:39:00 pm

Holding out for a hero by Bonnie Tyler
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Apr 02, 2007 10:36:34 pm
      Fantastic thread Glenbuck!!!!!

King Kenny is my hero! I've just got the goosebumps to bits! I could watch him do his magic all day. Sod David Villa, get King Kenny back!!! If only!!!!!
      That goal against Arsenal at Highbury is one of my fave Dalglish goals - the keepers reaction says it all! Ha!
      It is a shame he's not seen as much as a legend to other fans as much as we do. But that's their loss. Let the media make their own legends. They'll never beat our Kenny!

All hail The King!!!!!!!!!!!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Apr 02, 2007 10:52:23 pm
      That was great Glenbuck, thanks. And as the song says........"Kenny Dalglish up on the ball, he was the greatest of them all..................... ......." ;)
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #5: Apr 03, 2007 08:24:23 am
      Nice one Glenbuck

Kenny Dalglish the greatest player in Liverpool history

lets hope in 30 years time you`ll be able to write the same about peter Crouch  ;) head like a fifty pence piece indeed  ;D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #6: Apr 03, 2007 10:42:03 am
      genius of a player.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #7: Apr 03, 2007 11:51:04 am

Sorry, couldn't resist  :D ;D :D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Apr 03, 2007 12:05:45 pm

Kenny is alive!! :o
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #9: Apr 03, 2007 12:17:44 pm

Sacrilege!!! I never thought i would see the day when one of our own would trivialise King Kenny's achievements, I'm shocked, truly shocked!!

Definition:
      Sacrilege is in general the violation or injurious treatment of a sacred object. In a less proper sense any transgression against the virtue of religion would be a sacrilege.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #10: Apr 03, 2007 01:43:14 pm

looks more like Crouchie than King Kenny
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #11: Apr 04, 2007 08:01:25 am
      Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish you are a living legend.

Hear hear.  A fine player and a good manager (although he could have maybe bought some younger players for us).  His footballing skills really did launch a golden era for us in a similar way to what Eric did at United.  Except he wasn't a tw*t.

He was the player I always pretended to be as a kid.  One of the best footballers the English game ever saw.
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 04, 2007 09:21:27 am
      He's number one on Liverpoolfc.tv main site 100 men who shock the Kop!! He's a legend and the best LFC player ever.
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 04, 2007 09:43:30 am
      i need a hero
      cheers Glenbuck
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 04, 2007 09:45:03 am
      you've got one : Steve G !!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Feb 09, 2008 04:05:33 pm
      Kenny would be ideal for Anfield role

Feb 9 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

KENNY DALGLISH took to the stage at the ECHO Sports Personality Awards on Monday night and reminded everyone what qualities Liverpool Football Club has been so sorely lacking in recent months.

Class, humility and dignity used to be watchwords at Anfield at a time when dirty linen being washed in public was as rare an occurrence as a season without a trophy.

Far too often during the all too difficult last 12 months the qualities which made the Liverpool Way the route all other clubs in English football looked to follow have been cast aside as personal agendas and vendettas have been put before the good of the club.

And because of that, when Dalglish addressed the Echo Arena his adherence to the old Liverpool way of doing things highlighted just how badly the club has been getting things wrong since it was taken over a year ago.

There were even those in the audience who spoke of a desire to see Dalglish back at the club he still loves so he can help restore the values which have been conspicuous only by their absence of late.

That would be a tall order, of course. Dalglish’s status among Liverpool’s fans means there is a risk that his mere presence could overshadow the manager if he was given some sort of role at Anfield.

Such a situation has occurred at Barcelona, where Johann Cruyff looms large over each and every coach who takes charge of first team affairs at the Nou Camp, even though Cruyff is only an adviser to club president Joan Laporta.

The “ghost on the wall” situation is nothing new, either, as a succession of Manchester United managers who wilted in the presence of the late Matt Busby can testify.

Liverpool managed to avoid such problems when they stopped Bill Shankly from turning up at Melwood after the legendary Scot was succeeded by Bob Paisley, and although it was harsh on Shankly, it was undoubtedly for the good of the club.

Having legends hanging around isn’t always good for a club but with Liverpool currently being in so desperate need of the qualities Dalglish has in abundance maybe the time is right to get him back on board in some capacity.

Although, judging by the way he responded to being offered the manager’s job more than 20 years ago, it might not be all that easy to convince him.

Speaking at the awards ceremony, he said: “I got a phone call from Peter Robinson asking could he come up to the house to see me with John Smith.

“The club had only just given me a four-year contract so I didn’t really know what they wanted to see me about.

“Then Peter said they wanted to talk to me about the manager’s job and I said ‘well, don’t worry about that, you can still come anyway’.”

Liverpool has had no finer servant than Kenny Dalglish and if a role was created for him it could only be good news for the club and its fans.

Link here

After reading this article on the Echo website, it's made me wonder if it could ever be possible - if so, in what capacity? And would it really be good for the club?

I'm not so sure what role King Kenny could take.

Could it work?
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2008 04:11:42 pm by redkenny »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #16: Feb 09, 2008 04:38:57 pm
      If there is one person I would love to see back at Anfield, then it would have to be King Kenny.

Absolutely worshiped the ground he walked on, met him a few times.....couldn't understand a bloody word he said, but what a player, could turn on a sixpence in the penalty area and there was no-one better than him when he had his back to goal.
      Complete star in my eyes.

But would he get on with Rafa......something tells me he wouldn't, cos there both dead bloody stubborn.

Would certainly be good for moral at present though, would like to think it would work, but I'm not so sure, mind you Rafa certainly needs someone, doesn't he?
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #17: Feb 09, 2008 05:38:08 pm
      Who knows if to answer phylosophicly.

I remember that Kenny was offered to be Liverpool manager in 2004, but he refused. Why?
      I also remember he gave some advice to Rafa how to work with Liverpool and wanted to help him year or two ago.

He's great and a true Liverpool legend. I was very impressed when I read about  his behavior after Hillsborough. He's great as a player and a person.
      His warm feelings and attachment to old playing way of Liverpool are understandable. He was fully involved in it. We always remember time when we were happy.
      Liverpool of his time were called the best team of football history.
      It's called nostalgia.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #18: Feb 09, 2008 07:10:34 pm
      some of you guys should start a petition to get king kenny knighted. i can't start one cos im irish but i think kenny deserves it, especially since fergie got one
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #19: Feb 11, 2008 07:16:28 pm
      Assitant to Rafa?? Why the F**k not invincible we would be for sure then. KK has the humility and dignity to take on such a role and his greatest enemy is the pressure he places on himself and not that from anywhere else. If he took such a role the pressure would be on Rafas shoulders not his so perhaps he could weave his magic, but the only thing I could see against that is Rafa's ego getting in the way.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #20: Feb 12, 2008 06:00:21 pm
      Holy sh*t the king back at his castle!! Never crossed me mind but that would be some double team Rafa and Kenny. Seriously lets write too Rafa and suggest it to him. 
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #21: Feb 12, 2008 11:28:17 pm
      Iloved Kenny when i was a kid back then, still think withpout a doubt he was the best player we ever had
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #22: Feb 12, 2008 11:28:48 pm
      KENNY back as manager one day, I'd love it if he came back and was a success

Quick Reply