Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Rafa - "I want to stay, at least, until I win the Premier league"

Read 2069 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: Rafa - "I want to stay, at least, until I win the Premier league"
      Reply #23: Feb 15, 2008 09:37:29 am
      I agree with a couple of other posts that hint at the need of some 'outside' forces for Rafa to win the league.
      Unfortunately for a sustained assault on the title every year Rafa needs 100% backing from the board in everything he does as although he obviously depends on financial backing he also needs everyone at the club pulling together for the same cause.
      At the moment I see comparisons between ourselves and Arsenal instead of the more corporate driven Mancs and Chelsea, yes Arsenal are hunting down the money as much as any other club but not before they got a fantastic youth team set up that has saved them millions in transfer fees each season and they also made the decision to move from Highbury to the Emirates to improve match day takings massively.

What Wenger actually got from Arsenal was a fantastic board led by David Dein, a board that had vision and patience whilst comfortable in the knowledge that they had the right man to lead them to glory and until all the background manoeuvring at Anfield calms down and Rafa and the whole of the club are working together we will continue to tread water as no manager on earth could work within those constaints, what makes me optimistic that Rafa will one day achieve league glory (no matter what Jamie Catflap says!) is just look at what he has achieved with all this mess going on.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Rafa - "I want to stay, at least, until I win the Premier league"
      Reply #24: Feb 15, 2008 12:42:08 pm
      I agree with a couple of other posts that hint at the need of some 'outside' forces for Rafa to win the league.
      Unfortunately for a sustained assault on the title every year Rafa needs 100% backing from the board in everything he does as although he obviously depends on financial backing he also needs everyone at the club pulling together for the same cause.
      At the moment I see comparisons between ourselves and Arsenal instead of the more corporate driven Mancs and Chelsea, yes Arsenal are hunting down the money as much as any other club but not before they got a fantastic youth team set up that has saved them millions in transfer fees each season and they also made the decision to move from Highbury to the Emirates to improve match day takings massively.

What Wenger actually got from Arsenal was a fantastic board led by David Dein, a board that had vision and patience whilst comfortable in the knowledge that they had the right man to lead them to glory and until all the background manoeuvring at Anfield calms down and Rafa and the whole of the club are working together we will continue to tread water as no manager on earth could work within those constaints, what makes me optimistic that Rafa will one day achieve league glory (no matter what Jamie Catflap says!) is just look at what he has achieved with all this mess going on.

Very, very much agree! Also, no one is as calm as this guy when asked about the board and money and speculation. He has a love for the culture of the town, the people, the life and most of all the club. He isnt a 'yank' type manager who wants success at all costs like Maureen but actually follows his heart and thats a man i can support and admire.

Quick Reply