Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Joaquin

Read 8880 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Joaquin
      Feb 13, 2008 01:56:40 pm
      I have been looking at some clips of joaquin on youtube and he truly is a world class player. Him and quaresma on the wings would without a doubt solve all our midfield issues as we would have the perfect centre mids and the perfect wingers. They both have pace to burn, bags of skill and there overall game play is just amazing.

Daivid Villa is a world class player and everyone knows what he is capable of. I would loveto see him become our new number 7. Him and torres are greta together for spain and they would be lethal for liverpool with service coming from the likes of stevie, xabi, joaquin and quaresma.

But the question is would we actualy be able to get these 3 players???? it would probably come to a combined fee of about 60-70 million and we all know the Yanks wont pay out that much money so in order for us to get them we have to have the DIC in charge. But then again would they even want to sign for a club surrounded in controversy and doubts over certain futures??? especially joaquin and villa as they have been having alot of problems at valencia this season. So are we going to be out of the title race again next season and left behnd in the transfer market.

A team like liverpool have to get these sort of players in a.s.a.p because if chelsea or united want to get them then tey will get 70 million to spend on them and some extra cash too.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i0NxN9dEEfo&feature=related

{sorry there is only a clip of joaquin, my laptop is playin up and wont let me get the rest}
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2008 07:47:00 am by County_Rd_Kopite »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Joaquin, Quaresma, Villa
      Reply #1: Feb 13, 2008 02:22:35 pm
      That Joaquin sure looks one class act, and I for one would love to see him getting stuck into Scum and Chelski's defenses - if we had him in our line-up I think some teams home records would be getting wiped in no time! He definitely would bring a direct and unstablising attack, the kind of player who can beat somone in a one on one situation and create spaces for our forwards to run into, something that has been missing for too long IMO.

Still, it is hard to watch such a cracking clip all in the knowledge that the money needed to sign these guys will almost certainly not be forthcoming...  :(

And then so many people class Liverpool as "under-achievers". If we had a blank chequebook like the other three top clubs and were able to get hold of 2-3 of these players THEN we could start making comparisons.  :f_steam:
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #2: Feb 13, 2008 02:44:06 pm
      I have been looking at some clips of joaquin on youtube and he truly is a world class player.

{sorry there is only a clip of joaquin, my laptop is playin up and wont let me get the rest}

Problem with YouTube mate is you are only going to see one side of the story, the good side. And isn't really a basis for signing a player especially one that costs a few bob.

Having seen him plenty of times especially for Betis, there are 2 sides to Joaquin. There's the one agaisnt Arsenal where he gave Ashley Cole a terrible time. Really did o job on him and given what ever you think of Cole as a person he always does a quality job on Ronaldo. Or there's the one against ourselves when the mighty Djimi Traore had him in his pocket all game.

Joaquin Talented ? No doubt.

Consistent ? Too much doubt....

...Especially given how much he'd cost. As I don't think Valencia will be letting him go cheap.

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #3: Feb 13, 2008 03:38:25 pm
      I'd agree with that assessment of Joaquin, and would say the same applies for Quaresma, great on his day but it's not his day regularly enough for my liking.

David Villa though is a must IMO. It would be lovely to get a couple of quality wingers, but we've already been creating enough opportunities without that luxury. Our problem has been converting them, and I'm confident Villa would solve that problem whilst also adding extra creativity. I'd sign him even if it meant blowing our entire summer budget.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #4: Feb 13, 2008 04:11:08 pm
      I couldn't agree more with the fact that youtube clips only show one side but at the same time you could say about pretty much any player in world football right now that when they are not on their game the worst of players can have them in their pocket all match.

Even Ronaldo is terrible in some matches and you forget hes on the field when he isnt at his best.

Theres something I dont like about Joaquin I don't know what it is but I haven't liked him since he left betis for valencia, I always thought he was too good for betis and wasnt suprised to see him leave but since he left he seems like he has changed to me.

As for Quarsema and villa I would say yes to both most certainly as they are the type of player I like, I would like to see them two players bought (but I would gladly take Sergio Aguero if we couldnt get villa) along with a couple of others in the shape of Either David Silva or matias fernandez and Jeremy Menez, preferably the latter if we had to choose between Fernandez and Menez.

The reason being that they are both only 21 years of age yet play like they are alot older and I think it is important that we get a bit more young talent into the side. We have some of the best young talent around in the shape of Torres, Mascherano, Agger, Babel Lucas,Skrtel (looks the real deal too) and I would like to see us get even more. I think we have a good few players with experience and we would have a good balance of youth and experience with these players brought in.

I watch alot of world football and these are players that I have seen and am pleased we have shown interest in them, Our wings and our Strikers are the main problem at the moment if you ask me. The left wing needs to be filled urgently, Babel is doing a good job but I think he will be ready to be a striker next season. The right I think is less worrying I think pennant and benayoun are both good but I feel benayoun is better sitting behind the strikers and another RM would push pennant and get him to show how good he can be.

----------------------------------------Reina/Itandje------------------------------------

Arbeloa/Finnan------Agger/Hobbs---Carra/Skrtel-----------Aurelio/Insua

------------------------------Mascherano/Alonso-------------------------------

Pennant/Quaresma--------------------------------------Silva (or Fernandez)/Menez

---------------------------------Gerrard/Lucas/Benyoun------------------------------------

-----------------------Babel/Villa/Aguero-----Torres/Crouch----------------
                                          (if not villa)
      A squad something like that give or take a few players next season would be amazing. It would cost us immensely but I would get rid of a few players to make some profit e.g. Carson, Guthrie, Riise etc.
      Alot of the players in that line up are versatile like menez can play CM, on either wing or upfront. And I feel we need a big change but too keep the general spine of the team, 1we need to get rid of the players that arent ruthless enough and that have too many bad games.

My ins would be:

Menez
      Silva or Fernandez
      Chiellini
      Quaresma
      Villa
      Aguero (if not villa ;D)
      And i'd bring back Anderson and Hammill from their loans, Look like great youngsters and could be used instead of buying Silva/Fernandez.

and outs would be:

Carson
      Guthrie
      Riise
      Kuyt
      Voronin
      Kewell

It would cost and would take a little while for players to gel but I think they would have the quality to and we would have the firepower to sustain a serious title challenge. And these are players that seem like they would like to join us. Seems unlikely that we would get all of them but even just a few would improve the team alot.

EDIT: Sorry for the long post btw everyone.
      « Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008 04:28:22 pm by lil cisse »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #5: Feb 13, 2008 09:14:19 pm
      Agree with Bootle Buck and Eddie on Jaoquin and Quaresma. These two are very talented footballers but in my opinion they only play when the mood takes them and are far too inconsistant.

We do need some new creative players but for me these two are not the answer.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #6: Feb 13, 2008 09:54:34 pm
      I'd agree with that assessment of Joaquin, and would say the same applies for Quaresma, great on his day but it's not his day regularly enough for my liking.

David Villa though is a must IMO. It would be lovely to get a couple of quality wingers, but we've already been creating enough opportunities without that luxury. Our problem has been converting them, and I'm confident Villa would solve that problem whilst also adding extra creativity. I'd sign him even if it meant blowing our entire summer budget.

Have to disagree with you here. Our problems this season has not been converting chances, its been creating them. Honeslty in most games we've played we've only really had half chances and pot shots, we don't really create clear chances and when we do we usually finish them off.

Creativity is where we lack, so I think Joaquin or Quaresma is needed more to the team than David Villa is.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #7: Feb 13, 2008 09:55:30 pm
      We won't be buying any of these players anyway, not with the American's incharge of the club no way!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: Feb 13, 2008 10:07:50 pm
      I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion mate, with the exception of a couple of games this season we have created more than enough chances to win. Extra creativity would always be welcome, but for me the priority definitely has to be a goalscorer.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #9: Feb 13, 2008 10:18:49 pm
      True we create so many every match. If we dont create chances then how can we be deserving to win most of these matches we've drawn.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #10: Feb 13, 2008 11:08:32 pm
      I seriously don't know what Liverpool you guys watch, but the one I've been watching have been pretty much disjointed all season with a lack of serious creativity. If there is a team in the Premiership who creates chances and never takes them then look no further than Chelsea.. Liverpool take their chances, just don't create many.

We have been guilty in the odd game of creating one or two chances and not taking them, but a lot of the time we have pot shots and somehow other fans claim that as a chance when really its not!
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #11: Feb 13, 2008 11:11:55 pm
      its good that we are making chances but they are of no use if we cant finish them, everyone knows we should get in some more goalscorers.

i would love it if villa to come to anfield and if it means the selling of kewell (as much as i love the guy hes too inconsistent), kuyt and voronin for players such as villa then I'm all for it.

jaoquin and quaresma I'm not too keen on as everyone stated already that they only perform when "they're in the mood"

quick question, is Anderson on loan at united? it would be good to find a young player who has the aggressive determination kind of approach to the game such as him, he may be a tosser but the boy has talent.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #12: Feb 14, 2008 12:46:03 am
      Thats what we need, players with aggression! And I think we need an assistant manager who'd put the players in their place if not giving all they got!

We have too many players with soft attitudes, time for them to jump out of their skins and toughen up big time!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #13: Feb 14, 2008 12:46:35 am
      Ra Ra Rafa, if we arent creating chances how is kuyt doing badly?

He's a striker his job is to score goals which he isnt doing but if he isnt getting service surely its not his fault but he is getting service because we create chance after chance and he doesnt score and it is his fault he isnt finishing them. Sorry to be harsh on kuyt but it was just and example.

And where does your namesake get this strange idea we create loads of chances every game and get the idea we had enough chances during most of our games to win the game convincingly and our strikers need to be more ruthless? Is our own manager watching different matches aswell? i think not somehow.

We create plenty, if we dont why do we need new strikers, without chances being created strikers wont be scoring its as simple as that, we create chances for them and they dont finish.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14: Feb 14, 2008 02:40:01 am
      I have mixed feelings about the whole creating a lot of chances debate. Our problem has been passing and fluency when in posession so i think we do struggle a bit in playing fluent football that creats solid chances, there has been the odd game or two. We have been able to apply pressure on teams to get them on the back foot and create some chances but we have not had the attacking consitency to create clear cut chances. E.g. game against Chelsea the 1-2 between Crouch and Babel that was it for 90 mins.

I think any of the three players would be a welcome addition to our squad and i reckon we will end up with one of them next summer if i had to choose i would choose Villa. (anybody see his two goals in the last league game against Valencia? bloody fantastic)
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #15: Feb 14, 2008 05:47:22 am
       I too feel that we don't create enough particular against the top sides where we control the game for most part but lack any ideas in the final third. There was one clear cut chance on Sunday and that was Crouch's left foot effort in the 1st half. For most of the game it was clear that we were gonna struggle to score becuase we didn't look like we could create anything.  There were no clear cut opportunities against ManUre either despite the fact we were bossing the game and we were at home. It seems that we struggle to get into the penalty area to make chances against a quality defence.

Out of the three players mentioned on here I think we should only pursue Villa but I would much rather see us bring in some forward wingers. We need more creative players, dribblers, match winners that are capable of scoring and chipping in with 10 goals a season. Players in the style of Ben Arfa, Menez, and Ronaldo. For the price of one quality striker we could pay a little more and bring in two forward wingers. These forwards would also improve the quality of service to Torres who's scored a bunch of goals this season but only 3 or 4 goals of those goals have been handed to him on a plate the rest of the time he's had to create his own chances.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #16: Feb 14, 2008 07:17:04 am
      I agree with ra ra  and dadorious here....

The chances we create most of the time are only half chances. If you compare them to the top 3's chances then they pale in comparison. Fluidity in our passing is the answer to this, as well as a real creative player that can either dribble and pull defenders out of position or someone who can make space for others (xabi?).

.....or we can just buy a world class finisher and just put these sh*t chances into the net, but that would be the expensive option.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #17: Feb 14, 2008 07:32:26 am
      Our chances only look like half chances as we don't have a decent finisher sticking them in the back of the net. Against Chelsea I counted 3 clear cut chances, which is all you can really expect against teams of that standard. A quality finisher should only need one or two chances to score, so that would've been enough. There are only 3 games this season where we haven't created enough chances, against West Ham, Reading & Marseille. Apart from that we could've won every other game with better finishing.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #18: Feb 14, 2008 07:45:35 am
      Think id rather have Joaquin than Quarsema both look good on youtube but i could look good on there,Quaresma played very well against us in the game at Porto but at Anfield i thought he was average,David Villa will probably come to the premiership but i can see Chelsea getting him to replace Drogba if he leaves.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #19: Feb 14, 2008 08:21:19 am
      If the yanks will put up the money I don't see any reason why Villa wouldn't come here ahead of Chelsea. He's got friends here, Pepe especially, and is a known admirer of Rafa. If we can scrape the money together I'm sure he'd come.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #20: Feb 14, 2008 09:04:18 am
      I heard during the summer last season Rafa tried to get Villa. I dont know if it's true or if it was just rumours?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #21: Feb 14, 2008 09:06:26 am
      If it was true, then maybe Rafa still has him in his list of players...

If only the F***ing Yanks died out or something and the DIC came in.
      YANKS OUT!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #22: Feb 14, 2008 09:12:42 am
      The yanks will probabally find some more money for another big signing or two in the summer so I dont see why not either......
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #23: Feb 14, 2008 09:44:31 am
      I just want the players now, those players in the Liverpool top would give me alot of joy. I think the Yanks will give Rafa 50 million in the transfer to use, we might want to buy Masch for some of that. But then there is much more money for those players, I think we will get one or two of the players.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #24: Feb 14, 2008 10:57:31 am
      We won't be buying any of these players anyway, not with the American's incharge of the club no way!
      You are absolutely right, their is no point compiling wish lists while these two "Gordon Gekko's" are in the top office !!!!!!!!
      IRWT
      YNWA
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #25: Feb 14, 2008 11:51:47 am
      I heard during the summer last season Rafa tried to get Villa. I dont know if it's true or if it was just rumours?

Villa as def a rumour, Guillem Balague, who knows Rafa well stated it on La Liga... and Guillem recently said that David wants to desperately play in the UK...

I remember Guillem saying something very similar, very early doors... in the process of signing up a certain Mr Torres.

GOD WHAT A FRONT LINE THEY WOULD BE!

For Liverpool ....and Spain.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #26: Feb 14, 2008 12:05:04 pm
      I think the Yanks will give Rafa 50 million in the transfer to use

Have you been smoking dope?! Where do you think this amount of money will come from?
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #27: Feb 14, 2008 01:08:51 pm
      Have you been smoking dope?! Where do you think this amount of money will come from?
      Is that smoke dope? or you are a dope??
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #28: Feb 14, 2008 01:15:48 pm
      Just wondering if you had any source for your statement that the Yanks would be coughing up 50 million in the summer. It'd be nice to believe, but where did you get this figure from? Just random speculation?
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Reply #29: Feb 14, 2008 06:38:58 pm
      Think of the amount of times we create. hardly ever! remember the game away at man cit? we couldnt create a clear chance. our creativity is poor. we need a cuple players wiv a bit of flair. them yanks wont giv us much so i say we all chip in and get quaresma ;D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #30: Feb 14, 2008 07:30:48 pm
      ;D so all this talk of kuyt not being good enough, sell him and he isnt getting chances created for him to score ???

How is he meant to score goals as a striker with no chances made. We do create chances or our strikers are all fine because without chances to score how can they be bad players?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #31: Feb 14, 2008 07:34:51 pm
      An extremely good point mate. IMO it's the strikers that aren't performing, the chances are being created. Voronin for me is the one that needs to go & be replaced by a potent finisher. I would keep Kuyt personally, I think what he offers in terms of workrate is still very useful, but I don't like relying on him to supply the goals.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #32: Feb 14, 2008 07:51:28 pm
      Exactly we do create its clear to see. Anyone who says we dont create many clear chances, do you think rafa is dillusional or blind because he seems to say we created alot of chances but just didnt finish them after a large majority of our games.

I like kuyt im so desperate for him to succeed but i think we should either play him further up the field as a proper striker rather than support/second striker or let him go, we need goals and two scoring strikers on the field at once is better than one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #33: Feb 14, 2008 10:37:00 pm
      Our chances only look like half chances as we don't have a decent finisher sticking them in the back of the net. Against Chelsea I counted 3 clear cut chances, which is all you can really expect against teams of that standard. A quality finisher should only need one or two chances to score, so that would've been enough. There are only 3 games this season where we haven't created enough chances, against West Ham, Reading & Marseille. Apart from that we could've won every other game with better finishing.

and when we drew with porto
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #34: Feb 14, 2008 11:06:19 pm
      oh joaquin joaquin....he is a GREAT GREAT PLAYER!!!I have seen him for years but he is no sign

I would sign to ashley young,quaresma,gareth bale,daniel alves,micah richards and berbatov

this would be very expensive
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35: Feb 15, 2008 12:43:38 am
      Or could go and sign the future unstoppable wing wizard

KERLON, he is good mates with lucas so that would go in our favour
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #36: Feb 15, 2008 02:47:47 am
      I am a bit sceptical about us getting Villa, becuse if Chelsea sell Drogba which they most likely will i can see them using that to fund the transfer for Villa. I know this is not a ttransfer speculation thread but say we dont get Villa, how do you guys feel about Benzema from Lyon, i have watched a lot of the Ligue 1 and he is a fantastic young player. Dangerous with both feet and in air, IMO.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Feb 15, 2008 04:39:29 am
      Benzema, Ben Afra, Villa, Moreno one of them up front but Villa for me hands down if not then Benzema although i think the Scum will get him. Quaresma, Joaquin, Vicente, Silva, Kerlon, Lulinha, Celsinho, Bentley for my mids because in honesty we do lack that flairy Spanish/Brazilian player to break a defence at times or Bentley who is just brilliant. Chiellini, Richards, Alves because we do have an ageing back line and need some younger cover along side Agger, Skrtel and co.

PS: We could have had Joaquin a few seasons ago but didnt fork out the money, sound familiar? Alves too. Our managers need some financial backing to buy these guys otherwise we will be another Newcastle or Tottenham.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38: Feb 15, 2008 11:59:30 am
      could have had simao too
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #39: Feb 15, 2008 12:38:44 pm

Dont remind me.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #40: Feb 15, 2008 05:24:44 pm
      Does anyone think any of the youngsters are ready to make the step up into the first team next season? (Including those that are on loan)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #41: Feb 15, 2008 05:30:03 pm
      Yep, Nemeth, he should be given a run out definitely  ;)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #42: Feb 15, 2008 05:38:13 pm
      Really? I haven't seen him in a proper full match. I've seen all his goals from watching the highlights of all the reserve games he scored in but that was just on youtube, is he really that good to make the step up already?

Im not saying he's not just asking whether you think he is or not.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #43: Feb 15, 2008 05:42:43 pm
      Whether he's good enough to be thrown in at the deep end and produce the goods remains to be seen lil cisse. But he certainly looks like he'd be able to handle it. I'd like to see him get a chance next season. That's the only way we'd find out.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #44: Feb 15, 2008 07:09:05 pm
      Benzema, Ben Afra, Villa, Moreno one of them up front but Villa for me hands down if not then Benzema although I think the Scum will get him. Quaresma, Joaquin, Vicente, Silva, Kerlon, Lulinha, Celsinho, Bentley, Chiellini, Richards, Alves

You've been playing Football Manager. :D

I'd love to see all of them at the club, but I'd be willing to put a substantial amount of money on none of them joining in the summer. :(
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #45: Feb 15, 2008 09:27:49 pm
      Whether he's good enough to be thrown in at the deep end and produce the goods remains to be seen lil cisse. But he certainly looks like he'd be able to handle it. I'd like to see him get a chance next season. That's the only way we'd find out.

Sounds good. I'd like to see a few of our youngsters make the step up next season i'd be delighted if he's good enough to partner Torres next season.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #46: Feb 15, 2008 10:22:16 pm
      Fine players all but I feel we want a David Bentley with the prem being the way it is he's perfect,he always gives 110% and he has a toughness about him that I like (a Souness type) who'll never hide even when things are bad,and last but not least he's a fine footballer.

Next season we are allowed 7 on the bench and then it's time to blood the good crop of youngsters we have and games we are winning well will give us a chance to throw them in at prem level as well as Carling cup level and now all we need is for the yanks to sell up and my year will begin on a high...
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #47: Feb 16, 2008 07:31:27 am
      yeah i think if we could have any of the three it would definatly be villa, however, i'll eat my hat if he signs for liverpool anytime in the near future! mind you, im looking at my hat now and praying i'll have to eat come august!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #48: Feb 16, 2008 09:33:00 am
      You've been playing Football Manager. :D

I'd love to see all of them at the club, but I'd be willing to put a substantial amount of money on none of them joining in the summer. :(

Dont have the game ;)

These kids and young guys are really talented, hence why they are worth so much for teenagers and guys in their early 20's. Need to go for them if we are to step it up in the market.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #49: May 08, 2008 09:47:35 pm
      Apparently E*****n are interested in Joaquin and he may be willing to move in the summer so maybe its time we try and get him again, says on skysports.com he may go for 18mill euro's
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #50: May 08, 2008 10:48:29 pm
      Apparently E*****n are interested in Joaquin and he may be willing to move in the summer so maybe its time we try and get him again, says on skysports.com he may go for 18mill euro's

I think that's meant for the jokes thread :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #51: May 09, 2008 06:49:14 am
      :lmao: Point there Darth.

Joaquin to Everton? Roma are interested too so that will be his destination if its true.

Everton :lmao:
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #52: May 09, 2008 08:17:14 am
      Problem with YouTube mate is you are only going to see one side of the story, the good side. And isn't really a basis for signing a player especially one that costs a few bob.

Having seen him plenty of times especially for Betis, there are 2 sides to Joaquin. There's the one agaisnt Arsenal where he gave Ashley Cole a terrible time. Really did o job on him and given what ever you think of Cole as a person he always does a quality job on Ronaldo. Or there's the one against ourselves when the mighty Djimi Traore had him in his pocket all game.

Joaquin Talented ? No doubt.

Consistent ? Too much doubt....

...Especially given how much he'd cost. As I don't think Valencia will be letting him go cheap.

Totally agree with you there... Also why are people so cut up and convinced we have midfield problems?? And why oh why are people convinced that Quasimodo will solve them. If any of you have actually sat and suffered Portuguese football for any length of time you see each game consists of about 150 to 200 fouls a game( and no im not taking the piss) I think Quasi is a well overrated in my opion and although he may come to the EPL at some point I think it would take him a long time to adjust to the style of play here and I really dont think he is good enough and have the right mental attitude to play for us.

It might be an idea to remind some of you about Sett Blatters plan to limit the number of overseas players in the champs leage, this is why Rafa is already looking to strengthen our midfield further with some English backbone.Do also bear in mind that we would never be able to get any of these players because they are prized so highly by their clubs and priced well over the odds and also this makes them very high risk investments if we were to splash the cash, we have had a number of overseas players come here who were very high profile, one of those was Spanish Eric who flopped so badly it made my blood boil because of the all the hype that surrounded him. Personnally I think Rafa is doing the right thing by sounding out Englishmen, it proves he is looking beyond the very near future.
      RouGaBoy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts | -1 
      Reply #53: May 09, 2008 12:15:12 pm
      ----------------------------------------Reina/Itandje------------------------------------

Pennant/Quaresma--------------------------------------Silva (or Fernandez)/Menez

---------------------------------Gerrard/Lucas/Benyoun------------------------------------

this is a best formacion in the world
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3739 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #54: May 09, 2008 12:22:23 pm

this is a best formacion in the world
      i think that to buy aguero, quaresma, silva, menez ecc. we need to sell crouch, alonso, pennant for sure 'cos the board will not give rafa 60+m with out getting nothing in. therefore we will not have the best formation.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #55: May 10, 2008 06:53:01 am
      Totally agree with you there... Also why are people so cut up and convinced we have midfield problems?? And why oh why are people convinced that Quasimodo will solve them. If any of you have actually sat and suffered Portuguese football for any length of time you see each game consists of about 150 to 200 fouls a game( and no im not taking the piss) I think Quasi is a well overrated in my opion and although he may come to the EPL at some point I think it would take him a long time to adjust to the style of play here and I really dont think he is good enough and have the right mental attitude to play for us.

It might be an idea to remind some of you about Sett Blatters plan to limit the number of overseas players in the champs leage, this is why Rafa is already looking to strengthen our midfield further with some English backbone.Do also bear in mind that we would never be able to get any of these players because they are prized so highly by their clubs and priced well over the odds and also this makes them very high risk investments if we were to splash the cash, we have had a number of overseas players come here who were very high profile, one of those was Spanish Eric who flopped so badly it made my blood boil because of the all the hype that surrounded him. Personnally I think Rafa is doing the right thing by sounding out Englishmen, it proves he is looking beyond the very near future.

Quaresma sucks. I just had to say that. Please I don't want him in LFC ever!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #56: May 10, 2008 08:43:56 am

Quaresma sucks. I just had to say that. Please I don't want him in LFC ever!

Agree with both. Good to see some are with me when they say Quaresma is sh*t. The lad will sulk once the first flying challenge comes in. Not LFC material with his attitude.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #57: Jun 11, 2008 12:12:58 pm
      Guillem's knocking Quaresma rumours on the head...

http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?id=10
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #58: Jun 11, 2008 01:40:13 pm
      I wouldn't like to think what Villa's price will be now given his performance the other night but he certainly linked up and played well with Torres.

Torres - Villa up front for the Reds?

We can all dream can't we?
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #59: Jun 11, 2008 10:18:59 pm
      I wouldn't like to think what Villa's price will be now given his performance the other night but he certainly linked up and played well with Torres.

Torres - Villa up front for the Reds?

We can all dream can't we?

That's part and parcel of being a supporter, you're allowed to dream and dream large.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #60: Aug 19, 2008 10:27:44 pm
      I was on bbc.co.uk/sport and I came across this article

Blackburn are weighing up a possible double swoop for Valencia winger Joaquin and striker Nikola Zigic, BBC Radio Lancashire understands.

Both players are believed to have been targeted by manager Paul Ince as he looks to strengthen his squad, though the club has yet to comment.

Ince is in search of a right-sided midfielder to replace David Bentley.

And he may need a new striker as speculation continues over the futures of Roque Santa Cruz and Benni McCarthy.

Blackburn have already turned down two bids from Manchester City for Santa Cruz, who has also been linked with Manchester United, while Sunderland boss Roy Keane has been linked with a move for McCarthy.

However, Blackburn chairman John Williams told BBC Radio Lancashire: "There has been no further contract from any club regarding Benni McCarthy or Roque Santa Cruz."

It is understood that Spanish international Joaquin, 27, would cost in the region of £9m, while 6ft 8ins tall Serbian international Zigic, who has also been linked with Hull and Stoke, is available on a season-long loan.

I know it is about Blackburn but this part is very interesting

It is understood that Spanish international Joaquin, 27, would cost in the region of £9m

If he is available for £9m then why the hell does'nt Rafa go and get him? He is a world class winger and seeing as we dont appear to be getting Silva or Joe Cole he would be a bargain and a great signing. Its no often players of his calibre are on the market for that price. Better than Barry, younger than Barry and Cheaper than Barry so go and get him Rafa before Blackburn do, with him and Babel on the wings we would be real contenders ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7570584.stm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #61: Aug 19, 2008 11:54:41 pm
      9mill.....

He better have joined by the time i press post ::)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #62: Aug 20, 2008 01:04:54 am
      9 million is the price for teams like Blackburn...but once they find out Liverpool are interested the more likely price will either be 19 million or 29 million  ???
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #63: Aug 20, 2008 07:32:22 am
      Can this thread be renamed to just "Joaquin"?

Villa is a gone deal now that we've got Keane and N'Gog. Don't get me started on Quasimodo.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #64: Aug 20, 2008 07:43:02 am
      To be fair Darth Joe, there's not much of a link to any of the players anyway! :D

Done though. Tidies it up a bit I think! ;)
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Re: Joaquin
      Reply #65: Aug 20, 2008 08:26:30 am
      Well at least it avoids new debates on lost causes! ;) Good job anyway. 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #66: Aug 20, 2008 08:52:16 am
      9 million is the price for teams like Blackburn...but once they find out Liverpool are interested the more likely price will either be 19 million or 29 million  ???

good point :D .. definately would love to see fernandez here and also quaresma. There is more chance of Benitez being Liverpool's player manager than us getting them 2
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #67: Aug 20, 2008 12:32:04 pm
      good point :D .. definately would love to see fernandez here and also quaresma. There is more chance of Benitez being Liverpool's player manager than us getting them 2

Woop ive been tooting Mati Fernandez' horn since he was 18 and he gets recognition at least! :lmao: lets sign him up now he's famous amounst the liverpool faithful ::)

Quick Reply