Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Joaquin

Read 8884 times
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Re: Joaquin, Quaresma, Villa
      Reply #23: Feb 14, 2008 09:44:31 am
      I just want the players now, those players in the Liverpool top would give me alot of joy. I think the Yanks will give Rafa 50 million in the transfer to use, we might want to buy Masch for some of that. But then there is much more money for those players, I think we will get one or two of the players.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #24: Feb 14, 2008 10:57:31 am
      We won't be buying any of these players anyway, not with the American's incharge of the club no way!
      You are absolutely right, their is no point compiling wish lists while these two "Gordon Gekko's" are in the top office !!!!!!!!
      IRWT
      YNWA
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #25: Feb 14, 2008 11:51:47 am
      I heard during the summer last season Rafa tried to get Villa. I dont know if it's true or if it was just rumours?

Villa as def a rumour, Guillem Balague, who knows Rafa well stated it on La Liga... and Guillem recently said that David wants to desperately play in the UK...

I remember Guillem saying something very similar, very early doors... in the process of signing up a certain Mr Torres.

GOD WHAT A FRONT LINE THEY WOULD BE!

For Liverpool ....and Spain.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #26: Feb 14, 2008 12:05:04 pm
      I think the Yanks will give Rafa 50 million in the transfer to use

Have you been smoking dope?! Where do you think this amount of money will come from?
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #27: Feb 14, 2008 01:08:51 pm
      Have you been smoking dope?! Where do you think this amount of money will come from?
      Is that smoke dope? or you are a dope??
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #28: Feb 14, 2008 01:15:48 pm
      Just wondering if you had any source for your statement that the Yanks would be coughing up 50 million in the summer. It'd be nice to believe, but where did you get this figure from? Just random speculation?
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Reply #29: Feb 14, 2008 06:38:58 pm
      Think of the amount of times we create. hardly ever! remember the game away at man cit? we couldnt create a clear chance. our creativity is poor. we need a cuple players wiv a bit of flair. them yanks wont giv us much so i say we all chip in and get quaresma ;D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #30: Feb 14, 2008 07:30:48 pm
      ;D so all this talk of kuyt not being good enough, sell him and he isnt getting chances created for him to score ???

How is he meant to score goals as a striker with no chances made. We do create chances or our strikers are all fine because without chances to score how can they be bad players?
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #31: Feb 14, 2008 07:34:51 pm
      An extremely good point mate. IMO it's the strikers that aren't performing, the chances are being created. Voronin for me is the one that needs to go & be replaced by a potent finisher. I would keep Kuyt personally, I think what he offers in terms of workrate is still very useful, but I don't like relying on him to supply the goals.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #32: Feb 14, 2008 07:51:28 pm
      Exactly we do create its clear to see. Anyone who says we dont create many clear chances, do you think rafa is dillusional or blind because he seems to say we created alot of chances but just didnt finish them after a large majority of our games.

I like kuyt im so desperate for him to succeed but i think we should either play him further up the field as a proper striker rather than support/second striker or let him go, we need goals and two scoring strikers on the field at once is better than one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: Feb 14, 2008 10:37:00 pm
      Our chances only look like half chances as we don't have a decent finisher sticking them in the back of the net. Against Chelsea I counted 3 clear cut chances, which is all you can really expect against teams of that standard. A quality finisher should only need one or two chances to score, so that would've been enough. There are only 3 games this season where we haven't created enough chances, against West Ham, Reading & Marseille. Apart from that we could've won every other game with better finishing.

and when we drew with porto
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #34: Feb 14, 2008 11:06:19 pm
      oh joaquin joaquin....he is a GREAT GREAT PLAYER!!!I have seen him for years but he is no sign

I would sign to ashley young,quaresma,gareth bale,daniel alves,micah richards and berbatov

this would be very expensive
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35: Feb 15, 2008 12:43:38 am
      Or could go and sign the future unstoppable wing wizard

KERLON, he is good mates with lucas so that would go in our favour
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #36: Feb 15, 2008 02:47:47 am
      I am a bit sceptical about us getting Villa, becuse if Chelsea sell Drogba which they most likely will i can see them using that to fund the transfer for Villa. I know this is not a ttransfer speculation thread but say we dont get Villa, how do you guys feel about Benzema from Lyon, i have watched a lot of the Ligue 1 and he is a fantastic young player. Dangerous with both feet and in air, IMO.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Feb 15, 2008 04:39:29 am
      Benzema, Ben Afra, Villa, Moreno one of them up front but Villa for me hands down if not then Benzema although i think the Scum will get him. Quaresma, Joaquin, Vicente, Silva, Kerlon, Lulinha, Celsinho, Bentley for my mids because in honesty we do lack that flairy Spanish/Brazilian player to break a defence at times or Bentley who is just brilliant. Chiellini, Richards, Alves because we do have an ageing back line and need some younger cover along side Agger, Skrtel and co.

PS: We could have had Joaquin a few seasons ago but didnt fork out the money, sound familiar? Alves too. Our managers need some financial backing to buy these guys otherwise we will be another Newcastle or Tottenham.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38: Feb 15, 2008 11:59:30 am
      could have had simao too
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #39: Feb 15, 2008 12:38:44 pm

Dont remind me.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #40: Feb 15, 2008 05:24:44 pm
      Does anyone think any of the youngsters are ready to make the step up into the first team next season? (Including those that are on loan)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #41: Feb 15, 2008 05:30:03 pm
      Yep, Nemeth, he should be given a run out definitely  ;)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #42: Feb 15, 2008 05:38:13 pm
      Really? I haven't seen him in a proper full match. I've seen all his goals from watching the highlights of all the reserve games he scored in but that was just on youtube, is he really that good to make the step up already?

Im not saying he's not just asking whether you think he is or not.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #43: Feb 15, 2008 05:42:43 pm
      Whether he's good enough to be thrown in at the deep end and produce the goods remains to be seen lil cisse. But he certainly looks like he'd be able to handle it. I'd like to see him get a chance next season. That's the only way we'd find out.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #44: Feb 15, 2008 07:09:05 pm
      Benzema, Ben Afra, Villa, Moreno one of them up front but Villa for me hands down if not then Benzema although I think the Scum will get him. Quaresma, Joaquin, Vicente, Silva, Kerlon, Lulinha, Celsinho, Bentley, Chiellini, Richards, Alves

You've been playing Football Manager. :D

I'd love to see all of them at the club, but I'd be willing to put a substantial amount of money on none of them joining in the summer. :(
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #45: Feb 15, 2008 09:27:49 pm
      Whether he's good enough to be thrown in at the deep end and produce the goods remains to be seen lil cisse. But he certainly looks like he'd be able to handle it. I'd like to see him get a chance next season. That's the only way we'd find out.

Sounds good. I'd like to see a few of our youngsters make the step up next season i'd be delighted if he's good enough to partner Torres next season.

Quick Reply