Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Ryanair: love or hate em?

Read 1324 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Ryanair: love or hate em?
      May 08, 2009 07:02:33 pm
      I have to say I moan about Ryanair a lot or at least I used to. But in fairness to them they get you from A to B for a good price.

Example being yssterday I booked me flight to Liverpool for the youth cup final for €2 return. Thats 2 euro all in no hidden tax charges. The only charge was the fee for credit card booking. Thats unreal isnt it. If I order a taxi to my house its 3 quid before I get in the car yet im flying to Liverpool for 2 quid!!

Has anyone any horror stories about them or does anyone agree with me that Ryanair deserve some credit?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Ryanair: love or hate em?
      Reply #1: May 08, 2009 07:28:03 pm
      Watch this space, I'm flying with them to Tenerife in July  ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2: May 08, 2009 07:39:20 pm
      Never flown with them, but they are not my 1st choice, too much bad press.
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #3: May 08, 2009 11:32:18 pm
      I've flown with them a few times. I have a mixed opinion about Ryanair.
      The last time i flew from Manchester to Dublin and they charged me £60 extra because my baggage was over there measly 15kg limit.
      They charge you for checking in at the airport as well, and also for using a credit card to purchase your flight.

The only way to get around it is to book your flights online with a visa electron card (the ONLY card they don't charge you extra for) and check in online instead of at the airport. There flights are usually extremely cheap but you'll only get it for cheap if you travel light. Good for short weekend breaks, but that's it really. There service on-board is standard. I don't know if they deserve 'credit' as you said Brian because they practically charge you for everything that they can, but like i said they are pretty good for short trips away.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: May 09, 2009 02:54:43 am
      I've flown with them a few times. I have a mixed opinion about Ryanair.
      The last time i flew from Manchester to Dublin and they charged me £60 extra because my baggage was over there measly 15kg limit.
      They charge you for checking in at the airport as well, and also for using a credit card to purchase your flight.

The only way to get around it is to book your flights online with a visa electron card (the ONLY card they don't charge you extra for) and check in online instead of at the airport. There flights are usually extremely cheap but you'll only get it for cheap if you travel light. Good for short weekend breaks, but that's it really. There service on-board is standard. I don't know if they deserve 'credit' as you said Brian because they practically charge you for everything that they can, but like i said they are pretty good for short trips away.

Never flown with them before but that info will stick in my mind!  ;)

What about EasyJoke and Joke2? Sorry, I mean EasyJet and Jet2?

One thing I'll say in Ryanair's credit. They've got great turny up bits on their wings.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #5: May 09, 2009 10:24:29 am
      Never flown with them before but that info will stick in my mind!  ;)

What about EasyJoke and Joke2? Sorry, I mean EasyJet and Jet2?

One thing I'll say in Ryanair's credit. They've got great turny up bits on their wings.

Some cracking air hostesses as well
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #6: May 09, 2009 10:27:29 am
      Only flew with them once and no complaints,my nephew works for them and he gets all the perks flying from Ireland and back all the time specialy for the games.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #7: May 09, 2009 12:16:09 pm
      Have to say: love them, and all the other low-cost airline companies.

They all have their own ways of trying to trick you out of a few extra quid, if it isn't for the excess luggage there's other things, like insurance you don't need is added to the price of your flight when booking online if you forget to uncheck a certain box, things like that.

I aren't going to moan though, just need to be careful when booking and packing, which isn't much to ask when you consider the price of the tickets.

These companies are a godsend when living abroad!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #8: May 21, 2009 07:11:25 pm
      Holy sh**. I booked flights 2 weeks back for the game on Tuesday 4 quid for 2 of us. Just looked there to see what the price was and for the same flight its €330  :o  Ah well Ill be in L4 Tuesday night having spent 4 quid on flight 14 quid on tickets so Im happy  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #9: May 21, 2009 07:21:45 pm
      I think the Managing Director is a tit.

In January, following a BBC investigation, Ryanair conceded that a claim it had cut its CO2 emissions by half in recent years was "an error".[14]

On 31 August 2008 the Sunday Times reported that Ryanair was saving money by pressuring pilots to limit their discretionary fuel reserves. The discretionary reserves are in addition to the legal requirement for 5% extra fuel to be carried as a contingency, plus adequate fuel reserves to divert to an alternative airport, plus enough fuel to hold for 30 minutes at the destination airport. Ryanair has already suffered one incident in the past three years due to a low fuel situation.

I could go on, but its tea time.

Quick Reply