Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we undo or keep building for sucess under Benitez?

Keep Building
      (88%)
      Sack the Manager
      (4%)
      Unsure
      (8%)

Vote: Sacrifice Ruining Four Years Of Building?

Read 6484 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Sacrifice Ruining Four Years Of Building?
      Reply #23: Feb 18, 2008 03:48:14 pm
      Exactly. Things are alot brighter than they seem if you look into it deeply. Thats the way i try to look at it aswell, you never know how great they can be given a chance. Right now i feel annoyed that they arent being given a chance but i feel that this is coming from me feeling dissapointed and irrational thinking due to bad results from such high expectation at the start of the season.

I have a feeling rafa has a plan and that is part of the reason he wants to stay so much. Imagine the feeling you would get seeing a player you bought and had faith in when they were young grow and develop into one of the best in the game. How amazing must that be. This is why Arsene Wenger loved thierry henry so much, He picked him up when people thought he was just another winger and unearthed his potential and made him great.

Our youth setup is fantastic and i have faith in rafa helping alot of them to succeed.

Can't knock your opinions mate.  You're spot on.

Our Owners don't have a clue.  And I bet they haven't even made one single trip down to Melwood to see what Benitez has turned that place in to.  Everywhere you look, there are youngsters with huge potential.  Some of them local that wear the badge on their sleeves.  We've got some of the best coaches in the world working on these players as we speak.

For the likes of Thierry Henry he didn't look like a Bergkamp or a Kanu.  But there was obvious potential there.  Wenger knew it.  And the amount of personal success Thierry has achieved is phenomenal.  He is in my opinion.  The best striker the Premiership & the World has seen in modern times.  A great goal scorer, an amazing individual player.  Plus he loves LFC.  ;)

Moving back on to the discussion of our club.  A lot of our fans have been blinded by the inconsistency and moral of the team of late to realize what we are building on.  Forget this season.  If we get 4th and win the Champions League remember that.  Nothing else.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #24: Feb 18, 2008 06:21:40 pm
      Can't knock your opinions mate.  You're spot on.

Our Owners don't have a clue.  And I bet they haven't even made one single trip down to Melwood to see what Benitez has turned that place in to.  Everywhere you look, there are youngsters with huge potential.  Some of them local that wear the badge on their sleeves.  We've got some of the best coaches in the world working on these players as we speak.

For the likes of Thierry Henry he didn't look like a Bergkamp or a Kanu.  But there was obvious potential there.  Wenger knew it.  And the amount of personal success Thierry has achieved is phenomenal.  He is in my opinion.  The best striker the Premiership & the World has seen in modern times.  A great goal scorer, an amazing individual player.  Plus he loves LFC.  ;)

Moving back on to the discussion of our club.  A lot of our fans have been blinded by the inconsistency and moral of the team of late to realize what we are building on.  Forget this season.  If we get 4th and win the Champions League remember that.  Nothing else.

Thats exactly how i feel about it. We should just concentrate on the positive come the end of this season, the only time we should refer to the negative is by saying that is what needs improving.

Things arent always as bad as they seem and rafa does seem to get rid of all the bad players as soon as the season in which they have been underperforming comes to an end so i cant see players that have been terrible this season staying and being here next season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Reply #25: Feb 18, 2008 07:14:49 pm
      Great post Court, I agree with most of what you say. I do think the club is in the worst state all round that I have witnessed in 51 years as a supporter though. I don't really think Rafa should go, at least give him another year, whatever transpires at the end of this season. There is just nobody comparable who is available for a start, and it will only create more turmoil. I do just wish he would start with his strongest side. I f we had done that on Sat. we could have taken a lead and then rested the big guns. Different approach, but they still get rested! I did recently try to start a topic on comparing Rafa with Furgusset in the way he has slowly compiled a squad of young talent in the reserves for the future. It was obviously frowned upon by the moderators but, to get rid of Rafa now will undo all that hardwork. We need to keep loyal for at least another season to see which direction this all takes us in. Remember Furgusset and Wenger took 5 years to get a consistant winning formula. We are almost there but it frustrates the F**k out of me seeing the best players rested and us coming unstuck.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #26: Feb 18, 2008 07:59:31 pm
      Those who want to see immediate result, may not think to bring puzzles together takes time and patience. During that process we make mistakes, but we know we finally get results: whole picture, because we know we have every detail to to bring that picture together. Every try is a step forward even it's not right. But we can't say we don't even try to do anything!
       The only thing we need to be patient and know we will get the best result of what we expect, much better than we expect!

I like the saying only those who do nothing, make no mistakes.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Re: Vote: Sacrifice Ruining Four Years Of Building?
      Reply #27: Feb 18, 2008 09:41:45 pm
      One of the better posts ,I had a hard time trying to convince reds fans in the pub to keep the faith, as i stated in a previous post I havnt  always agreed with leaving good players on the bench but you have to back the manager ,as stated above this is a team building process and i firmly believe given the time it will come good, sadly though i dont think he will be given that time, but here is hoping he does  YNWA  IRWT
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #28: Feb 18, 2008 09:54:34 pm
      i wonder what the votes would look like if we had a third option 'undecided'. It will really show how the forum members feel. I want him to stay.I also blame the players, not Rafa.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #29: Feb 18, 2008 10:09:42 pm
      i wonder what the votes would look like if we had a third option 'undecided'. It will really show how the forum members feel. I want him to stay.I also blame the players, not Rafa.

Good idea.

Option added.  Sorry if your vote was preferred as unsure :(
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #30: Feb 18, 2008 10:58:52 pm
      I think if Rafa was to go now or at the end of the season then it would undo all the good work over the last few seasons in building the first team squad and also the youth/reserve teams. He is gradually building a squad which will be challenging for the league in the near future. This is also being done on a transfer budget which is nowhere near the other top clubs, no matter what the media would have people believe. If another manager was to come in it would take him at least a couple of seasons to build his team and implement his ideas so we would be no further forward in my opinion.

Sure Rafa has made mistakes this season and I have been frustrated with a lot of performances but as I have said numerous times the players have to take a big part of the blame for our current position. They simply have not performed anywhere near the level I would expect. I understand if a player is out form/fitness or maybe not good enough, but what I can't understand is a lack of desire and pride in the shirt and this has been too evident from some performances this season. But it is down to Rafa to get the best out of the players and motivate them to perform at the level expected for Liverpool Football Club.

It is interesting that out of 38 votes only one voted for Rafa to go so I would be interested in hearing from the anti-Rafa members to see what their reasons would be from sacking the manager and how this would benefit the club.
      « Last Edit: Feb 19, 2008 11:32:51 pm by srslfc »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #31: Feb 18, 2008 11:02:29 pm
      I think a good start to building a Premiership winning team is to buy players not like Pennant, Bellamy or Crouch.
      Torres is a good start, Mascherano would also be a good purchase with Babel & Lucas being certain of being top quality players when older.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #32: Feb 19, 2008 12:19:05 am
      Cute, but you need $$$$$$$$
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #33: Feb 19, 2008 07:57:19 am
      Good idea.

Option added.  Sorry if your vote was preferred as unsure :(

Nah Court, I know Rafa is good for the LFC. The players just need to bring their 'A' game. There is no excuse for the loss last week. The players' fault.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #34: Feb 19, 2008 08:06:21 am
      id like to meet the f**ker that voted for sacking rafa >:(

fantastic posts court! you get a plus for this mate, its also good to see some positivity coming out now. :)

ive had my rant over in the anti-rafa thread so i wont do it here
      « Last Edit: Feb 19, 2008 08:21:02 am by DOBBS83 »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #35: Feb 19, 2008 10:59:25 am
      Rafa will prove to be the best manager this club has had since Paisley... IF the irrational glory hunters don't get to his neck first.

I R W T
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #36: Feb 19, 2008 11:53:11 am
      The fact is, what Liverpool need are matchwinning players. Rafa had a lot of sh*te to get rid of after Houllier, and that's why he, at first went for quantity over quality. AT the moment, the only players we have capable of grabbing that goal, saving a match are Gerrard and Torres. Let's see how many the other members of the "Big Four" have.

Manchester United:
      Rooney
      Tevez
      Scholes
      Giggs

Chelsea
      Anelka
      Drogba
      Lampard

Arsenal
      Adebayor
      Van Persie
      Rosicky
      Fabregas

Theres probably several I've missed.

Oh yes, I believe Rafa should stay on.

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2008 11:55:36 am by drawde »
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #37: Feb 19, 2008 11:55:11 am
      The fact is, what Liverpool need are matchwinning players. Rafa had a lot of sh*te to get rid of after Houllier, and that's why he, at first went for quantity over quality. AT the moment, the only players we have capable of grabbing that goal, saving a match are Gerrard and Torres. Let's see how many the other members of the "Big Four" have.

Manchester United:
      Rooney
      Tevez
      Scholes
      Giggs

Chelsea
      Anelka
      Drogba
      Lampard

Arsenal
      Adebayor
      Van Persie
      Rosicky
      Fabregas

You know that's something I've never thought about.

I told you we're only 1 or 2 world class players short of chellenging for the League :lmao:  :D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #38: Feb 19, 2008 01:13:17 pm

Manchester United:
      Rooney
      Tevez
      Scholes
      Giggs

Chelsea
      Anelka
      Drogba
      Lampard

Arsenal
      Adebayor
      Van Persie
      Rosicky
      Fabregas

Oh yes, I believe Rafa should stay on.

I agree with you but take giggs and rosicky and scholes out of that list because none of them score for their team that often really. put people like ronaldo and eduardo in and its accurate. We do need more match winners though that is the way for us to win more often then opposition cannot mark 2 players out of the game they have to mark alot more which frees up space for others.
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #39: Feb 19, 2008 05:40:58 pm
      Ahh, I knew there were some i'd missed.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #40: Feb 19, 2008 10:22:34 pm
      off of lfc.tv

BENITEZ: I'M THE MAN FOR LIVERPOOL
      Paul Eaton 19 February 2008 

On the day of Liverpool's biggest match of the season manager Rafael Benitez has launched a passionate defence of his Anfield record and insisted he is the man to lead the Reds to more glory. 
      Saturday's Cup exit to Barnsley has led to much speculation over the manager's future but, despite admitting there have been setbacks this season, he is adamant progress will continue to be made under his leadership at the club.

"I have a lot of confidence that I will stay here for a long time, because my commitment is 100% with the club and I am sure that we can improve," said the Anfield manager.

"I think the club are 100% committed to me also. I don't have any suggestion the other way.

"I have two years left on my contract and I'm sure I will be here for a long time. I have confidence I will be here for a long time and we will win trophies.

"I am sure that I can win more titles for this club because I have a clear idea about what to do in the future.

"We will need to change things. Maybe I will change things but it is clear I have the confidence to do it.

"We have a lot of young players that are progressing. I know we need to improve in some areas, that is clear, and especially when you have bad comments you can see the character of everyone.

"And that is a good thing for the future, to see how everyone responds to the problems."

He added: "I understand why I am under pressure, but I'm surprised I am being asked the same question (on whether he needs to win the Champions League to save his job).

"How many managers have won the Champions League one time? Tell me. How many have got to the final twice in three years or won it twice? Think about the top managers in the Premier League and their record.

"When I arrived here it was 21 years without winning the Champions League and 15 years without winning the Premier League. Why? Now we know we are improving, seven finals in three years, but still we need to improve." 

yes you are sir benitez, yes you are!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #41: Feb 20, 2008 07:36:09 am
      Something those Rafa baggers dont get, the rebuilding stage to a new manager. Rafa is almost done in his rebuilding and we will see results soon, do we dare wait another 4 years for this to happen and maybe flop? Rafa has brought success and his CV would be that to envy for almost every person on Earth, why boot him out? Where did people suddenly get the idea he isnt good enough? The F***ing media! Yeah, the same one run by Scum papaers and the F***ing S*n. Who would want Fergie's record in the Prem? Im sure it would be everyone, but wait! Fergie isnt perfect now is he? Took a Premiership challenging side and turned them into a mid table team. Wouldnt this mean something little ones? Patience and stability! Sure Scum fans wanted his head off and you cant blame them when they are in 9th spot or thereabouts at the start of Fergie's career but the board persisted and looked long term and HURRAH! Scum are a Premiership force to be reckoned with.

Isnt this what its all about? Succes for us? Then why are we calling for Rafa's head when the proof is there...persistence and patience pay off! I say give him 4 more years and let him turn his youth system into what he wants, he fails ok then move on and look forward, if he succeeds then we have another era of Liverpool magic. Every club has its ups and downs and we cant let our pride get in the way of our success or lack of it some could say in recent years. Anyone hear of the term 'Rome wasnt built in a day?' well an era of brilliance isnt built in a day or a period of a few years.

Patience my young ones and you will reap the reward of a truly magnificent Liverpool side built by the one and only Rafael Benitez.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Feb 20, 2008 07:53:36 am
      I agree with crouchino a little patience and Rafa will surely win the league for us. When he does I presume there will be lots of knives for sale when the ratbags have to pull them out of RAFAS back.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #43: Feb 20, 2008 08:02:39 am
      I hear Parry's is fetching over 1 million, this is solely because the bidder is considering using it to stab Rick himself.
      violatio
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #44: Feb 20, 2008 08:32:06 am
      His decisions frustrates me sometimes, but I'll still be sticking by the man.

There was once this talk about how many of our players will 'walk' into the first team of another top Europe team. Put the same litmus on Rafa, and u will have swarm of suitors. This shows the quality that the man possess.

That said, going back to the players, how many of our players can 'walk' into any other team? I would surely love some injections of world class players. And that, sad to say to a certain extent, seemed to be something which H&G controls more than Rafa.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #45: Feb 20, 2008 08:40:06 am
      Post mate. Good start to your lfcreds.com career.

Quick Reply