Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we undo or keep building for sucess under Benitez?

Keep Building
      (88%)
      Sack the Manager
      (4%)
      Unsure
      (8%)

Vote: Sacrifice Ruining Four Years Of Building?

Read 6485 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Vote: Sacrifice Ruining Four Years Of Building?
      Reply #46: Feb 20, 2008 05:13:15 pm
      His decisions frustrates me sometimes, but I'll still be sticking by the man.

There was once this talk about how many of our players will 'walk' into the first team of another top Europe team. Put the same litmus on Rafa, and u will have swarm of suitors. This shows the quality that the man possess.

That said, going back to the players, how many of our players can 'walk' into any other team? I would surely love some injections of world class players. And that, sad to say to a certain extent, seemed to be something which H&G controls more than Rafa.

Well said.

If we don't get the owners out as early as possible we're facing a season to season battle with the press, and these bas**rds.

They won't rest until Rafa's head is on the press conference table.  Just like Mourinho
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #47: Feb 20, 2008 05:23:41 pm
      For me the moment last night I realised how far Rafa has taken us on limited budgets, is when I saw the quality of the players on the Inter Milan bench close up in the first half... amazing depth of talent compared to our squad.

Which is why Rafa is building the house from youth up... as we can't compare spend apples for spend apples with the very top in Europe.

Would love to know what Inter's payroll is versus ours at the minute...
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #48: Feb 20, 2008 09:31:28 pm
      All i needed to see on their bench was Crespo and Figo. That says it all.
      violatio
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #49: Feb 21, 2008 09:39:25 pm
      I've haven't been following the italian league. All I read was Figo wasn't fully fit. But Crespo? Is he out of form, out of favour? Or Inter had better players than him?

My guess tho is that Mancini would throw in Crespo further into the game if they had stayed 11men through.

Europe-wise, I guess we are still at it. We need to raise the buck in the league!! Frustrating frustrating frustrating.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #50: Feb 23, 2008 12:09:53 pm
      That Inter bench was amazing, Figo, Crespo, Maniche, Burdisso and Veira. Compare that to Riise Alonso Arbeloa and Benayoun. Yet we still beat them, tells you something dont it?
      sjkreds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      • Reincarnation anyone?
      Reply #51: Feb 23, 2008 12:31:33 pm
      I feel that we only need one or two more, world class signings, two match winners to go along side torres and gerrard, and we will be in the title race and possibly win it. I was two years old when the reds last won the league, would I have Rafa sacked and a new manager brought in and have to wait another couple years to see our team possibly were it is now? F**k no!
      Leets give rafa another season and another 50 million quid, because last year was the first time in a while we spent figures similar to Man U and Chelsea have been over the last couple of years. These clubs are spending this kind of dough to stay on top, we need to  spend even more to get up there with them. the media might argue that  Rafa's had enough time, but I believe that last year was the first time he's had enough money.

In Rafa I Trust

violatio
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #52: Feb 25, 2008 05:34:46 pm
      I really feel that it is the case of players needing to bring their game up... even jus on par with their expected standards. The R-policy may or may not be the source of our problems. I have thought of it long and hard abt it.

The game against boro, where we fielded an almost unchanged line-up... but we just look so far away like the team that played inter. the 'problem' which plagued us all season seemed eerily present in this game, one which even the non-R policy implemented didn't solve.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #53: Feb 26, 2008 06:57:51 pm
      So far we've got: -

41 votes for keep building.

2 votes for sack the Manager.

4 votes for unsure.

I'm not asking anyone to own up about their votes.  Except for the sacking ;)
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #54: Feb 26, 2008 11:29:41 pm
      It was good to look back over Raffa's time as it shows the steady building he's been doing and lets not forget he's only been allowed to spend big on one player as all the other players we bought we had to compete with the rest of the EPL.

If Raffa had been given the money we all thought he would we maybe would have spent and bought more 20mill plus players and we wouldn't be having this debate which brings me into the handicap put on Raffa all season,I believe he must have spoke to the owners about the January window in the summer but I also believe they must have said then that come back in Jan and we shall talk but around October when these things have to be put into some sort of gear about buying players the Americans told him to train and work with the players only we shall talk of January when it gets here,what a position to put the coach in,Raffa knew then that we needed a centre half and perhaps 1 or 2 more players that he ended up missing out on but what they did next was to knock us off the rails  just when we were having a bad spell It was compounded by their lunacy of trying to replace Raffa with Klinsmann and from that point on the season has become one of Raffa showing great dignity considering what was done to him and most of us wouldn't have blamed him if he had walked there and then.what the Americans did was in the middle of the season and how Raffa kept things in perspective shows us if ever a man can lead us to the title HE CAN....
      violatio
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #55: Feb 28, 2008 06:44:58 pm
      Like I mentioned somewhere else, this season is a case of a 'series of unfortunate events' starting from September. I mean, seriously, i have seen liverpool in the media due to  'off the field' issues much more than 'on the field' ones, so much more so this season than any other season in recent years.

And jus cos our current owners, with a combination of injuries and players not hitting their top gear, somehow within ONE season, were messing things up, the manager became a sheep for us to slaughter??

All these talks abt replacing Rafa shouldn't even exist in the first place!! I'm making my vote count here by believing that HE CAN bring us to where we want to.

Quick Reply