Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

The Anti Rafa Gang

Read 4739 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      The Anti Rafa Gang
      Feb 18, 2008 01:44:09 pm
      As expected I got the abuse off my mates and first thing in work today about losing to Barnsley. Fair enough. But then all the slaging turns to serious football talk "rafa has to go" Eh why? Should 11 players from Liverpool not be able to beat Barnsley at home without Gerrard and Torres and Reina? It was a strong team out. Rafa doesnt cross the white line. Then im told its his rotation policy. Granted at times hes left out players and I havent been impressed but name one manager who doesnt rotate? Youll find the word used for certain mangers rotating is "players being rested"

I blame the players a lot more then I blame Rafa for whats gone wrong this season. He has made mistakes every manager does. But my question to the anti- Rafa gang is who out there is tha man you want? Some of you will come back with names of managers who wont leave where they are now others will come back with names of managers not in the same class as Benitez but please enlighten me as to who our messiah will be!!

In Rafa I Trust

Y.N.W.A
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2008 05:05:41 pm by JD, Reason: Title Capitals »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: the anti rafa gang
      Reply #1: Feb 18, 2008 01:50:53 pm
      I'd love to hear their arguments for another manager over Rafa to be honest Brian! Had a pretty sh*t weekend so I could do with a laugh! :D

In all seriousness though, I agree that the players on the pitch failed to dispose of Barnsley in a match that could have ended up with a better result had we fielded our reserves!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #2: Feb 18, 2008 02:08:28 pm
      In my opinion we should keep Rafa, however, he might take matters into his own hands in 2 weeks time ( especially if nothing develops with DIC ).The only person that I can see with the correct integrity and personal qualities to manage LFC would be Martin O'Neil, but lets hope it doesn't come to this.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #3: Feb 18, 2008 02:21:30 pm
      I think most of the anti-Raffa thing comes from outside and the boardroom and its weird that Hicks came out with his back-Raffa statement not to long ago and now we hear once again that Raffa's job is on the line...
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #4: Feb 18, 2008 03:02:19 pm
      Its largely media-motivated and people read the papers everyday. The media are viscious and love to have people to target, I cant wait to see us prove them all wrong.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Re: The Anti Rafa Gang
      Reply #5: Feb 18, 2008 07:34:47 pm
      The Anti-Rafa Gang - surely it's nothing personal - just wanting what's best for the Reds.

Let's get Jose in ?

Joking - or am I...could work out well for us...player bonding and all that !
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #6: Feb 18, 2008 08:17:36 pm
      Rafa should stay.

IF he were to be sacked , i would be devestated , but i would like to see Martin O'Neil as his replacement.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #7: Feb 18, 2008 08:22:08 pm
      The Anti-Rafa Gang - surely it's nothing personal - just wanting what's best for the Reds.

Let's get Jose in ?

Joking - or am I...could work out well for us...player bonding and all that !

Id love to see Jose come in, i no alot of fans wouldn't like that idea at all. If Rafa doesn't do what we all expect him to do, and does get the sack then we should well go and get the man Jose. He has proven record in Europe, like Rafa. Also has a proven record in the premier league unlike Rafa.

Hope Rafa gets to prove us doubters wrong tho.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #8: Feb 18, 2008 08:24:15 pm
      Id love to see Jose come in, I no alot of fans wouldn't like that idea at all. If Rafa doesn't do what we all expect him to do, and does get the sack then we should well go and get the man Jose. He has proven record in Europe, like Rafa. Also has a proven record in the premier league unlike Rafa.

Hope Rafa gets to prove us doubters wrong tho.

Like it ! 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,808 posts | 7056 
      Reply #9: Feb 18, 2008 08:33:40 pm

Where were you after the Sunderland game?
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #10: Feb 18, 2008 08:36:11 pm
      Where were you after the Sunderland game?

Where were you?
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #11: Feb 18, 2008 08:48:21 pm
      i would'nt want Rafa to go, i no he hasnt brought the premiership to liverpool yet, but i still think he is one of the best managers in the world.

Lets hope Rafa is still the manager come next season.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #12: Feb 18, 2008 08:55:47 pm
      Rafa should stay.

IF he were to be sacked , I would be devestated , but I would like to see Martin O'Neil as his replacement.

What is it with certain Liverpool fans who think Martin o Neil would be ideal for Liverpool, his record in England isnt the best is it. He changed Leicester city fortunes around a bit, but were are they now???
        There isn't one reason for Liverpool having O"Neil as a manager. Yeah he had a good spell at Celtic, but most managers who manage Celtic can win the league in Scotland, its an easy Leauge to win if your a half decent manager. Look at Aston Villa, were O"Neil is in charge, chasing uefa cup football.

No Thanks.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #13: Feb 18, 2008 08:57:43 pm
      I would'nt want Rafa to go, I no he hasnt brought the premiership to liverpool yet, but I still think he is one of the best managers in the world.

Lets hope Rafa is still the manager come next season.

Here Here !!  :scarf:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,368 posts | 1638 
      Reply #14: Feb 18, 2008 09:19:16 pm
      Hello downhearted reds,well i have been defending Rafa since about 5 to 5 on saturday ,went off to the pub where all and sundry wanted rafa gone ,i posed one question name me another manager out ther who is good enough (and please dont say martin o neill) .While not always agreeing with beching our best players whatever we think Rafa is still getting to grips with the prem . Wenger didnt get all this sh*t when he had a bad run and hes been in the prem longer than most.We all know things are going on behind the scenes but hey as the song says,At the end of the storm theres a golden sky ,One more thing i still think we will win tommorow ,hold youre heads up high and dont be afraid of the dark.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #15: Feb 18, 2008 09:38:17 pm
      ,I posed one question name me another manager out ther who is good enough (and please dont say martin o neill) .

Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti. Luiz Felipe Scolari. any of them would be ideal for Liverpool. If Rafa does get the sack then one of these here has got to top the list.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,038 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #16: Feb 18, 2008 09:41:04 pm
      The players are making Rafa look bad. Nuff said.
      Poolgiants
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 94 posts | -31 
      Reply #17: Feb 18, 2008 09:53:18 pm
      Its largely media-motivated and people read the papers everyday. The media are viscious and love to have people to target, I cant wait to see us prove them all wrong.

Media driven? Do you think a season ticket holder who never reads papers or watches SKY is going to have confidence in the manager after the sh*t served up this season?

Results and performances on the pitch have put Rafa's job in peril, not the dickheads in the media.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #18: Feb 18, 2008 09:54:35 pm
      Cos
      The players are making Rafa look bad. Nuff said.

Because they all miss Pako. Think i might start a Facebook Network thingy... Bring Pako Back.
      Anyone wanna join if i do it.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #19: Feb 18, 2008 09:56:14 pm
      Media driven? Do you think a season ticket holder who never reads papers or watches SKY is going to have confidence in the manager after the sh*t served up this season?

Results and performances on the pitch have put Rafa's job in peril, not the dickheads in the media.

I said largely not all. Alot of people get drawn into what the papers say. The media have a clear influence on things so dont have a go at me like they have no impact on anything.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,038 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #20: Feb 18, 2008 09:57:43 pm
      Cos

Because they all miss Pako. Think I might start a Facebook Network thingy... Bring Pako Back.
      Anyone wanna join if I do it.

The teams we are not beating don't have Pako. The players need to bring their 'A' game or retire.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #21: Feb 18, 2008 09:58:52 pm

The media dont help with there sh*t, im sure all the media sh*t does affect players and the manager. Even Rafa himself has said he just hides deep in his work to ignore the media.
      Tell you what tho, even i have stopped reading certain media, like the national papers, sky sports news and the like, just to get away from the whole thing on Rafa, but you cant get away from it. I only buy the local Liverpool paper now, still crap in there now an then, only listen in to local footy radio phone ins, still crap on there.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #22: Feb 18, 2008 10:03:13 pm
      What is it with certain Liverpool fans who think Martin o Neil would be ideal for Liverpool, his record in England isnt the best is it. He changed Leicester city fortunes around a bit, but were are they now???
        There isn't one reason for Liverpool having O"Neil as a manager. Yeah he had a good spell at Celtic, but most managers who manage Celtic can win the league in Scotland, its an easy Leauge to win if your a half decent manager. Look at Aston Villa, were O"Neil is in charge, chasing uefa cup football.

No Thanks.

That is a ridiculous statement. Asif by taking over Aston Villa he is instantly going to turn them into a championship winning side. They are on the same points as we are at the minute. Therefore well in the fight for a champions league place. .......i am not saying Rafa should go , i back him completley. IF he wear to go , i would be more than happy with marton o'neil taking over.

Quick Reply