Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Sissoko betther than Alonso !??

Read 3191 times
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 336 posts | -2 
      Aug 13, 2006 05:26:31 pm
      Don't know what the general opinion is now but for me he is more complete now than Xabi, he has such a good engine and is mobile around the pitch, his passing is good tackling great and man marking out of this world . . . . Start to stick a few goals in and he is better than Viera !

Alonso is awesome ball player and has a great shot (does not score enough though) but must be the slowest player we have absolutely no engine at all for this he tends to get caught when chasing back too much.

What do ya thnk ?
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #1: Aug 13, 2006 05:57:32 pm
      Think your being a bit harsh.

Sissoko is the better athlete, but Xabi is arguably the better footballer.

Some of the best football I ever saw Liverpool play was when Molby was in centre midfield, and he was never anywhere near Alonso in terms of athleticism.

I think Alonso complements Gerrard extremely well.  It's Rafa problem to pick the best XI but even Zenden showed he is more than capable of playing in midfield should he be needed.

Promising times ahead with so many decent players in the squad.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #2: Aug 13, 2006 06:02:39 pm
      Yeah Im not saying that Alonso isn't a good player he is and we will need them all.

But its not about the best individual 11 its about the best team and I just feel at the moment with the way Sissoko has come on (was awesome today) we are better team in the middle with him next to SG when the season kicks off.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 13, 2006 10:16:33 pm
      Alonso is a class act but he is gonna have to raise his game if he wants a regular start
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 13, 2006 10:24:06 pm
      same
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #5: Aug 14, 2006 09:11:04 am
      Alonso is the better ball player.... just sits in front of the back 4 and puts fantastic balls forward
      Sissoko on the other hand... over all best tackler and can control the ball i think he was the player to lose the ball least last season wud love to stick both on but stevie is brill we have to have a 4-4-2 formation

stevie is no good on the right as then he cant burst forward..... i think alonso atm is first team sissoko needs slight improvements
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #6: Aug 14, 2006 01:51:49 pm
      Sissoko & Alonso are diffrent types of players and do different tasks so it is difficult to compare them.

The biggest compliment I can give them is we can play Stevie out on the right and not miss him in the middle. Not many teams could do that.

Our midifeld deffo has to be on a par with Chelsea's. Ours has the scope to become even better.

You'll love this though. Was listening to TalkSport radio and some deluded Geordie came on saying they had the 2nd best midlfeld in the premiership behind Chelsea.

Would Solano, Parker & Emre even get on our bench ???

No, thought not.
      StevieGforce
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 14, 2006 02:51:56 pm
      In my experience, most Geordies live in complete delusion when it comes to Football.

You missed out that wonderful ex Man United rock, Nicky Kiss My Butt!!!

Although i quite like the look of emre, none of the geordie midfiled are fit to lace momo, xabi, stevie's boots.
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #8: Aug 14, 2006 03:07:36 pm
      agree with jabba and liverpaul...........siss oko still has many years ahead to mature into a lpool legend.....xabi is already there...rememba his penalty in the cl final 2005....we are lucky to have both...thanks to rafa the gaffa
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #9: Aug 14, 2006 03:44:44 pm
      They are different types of player. Sissoko more of a ball winner who protects the back four and Alonso a more creative play maker. I think both of them are world class and we need both of them. As for who plays, I think that will depend on our tactics and our oppisition. We need both of these lads and we ha a lot of options right through out the side now. This is testiment to Rafa and what he has achieved in a short space of time. I believe that we will improve year after year now and we will move farward. We also have alot of excellant youth players that will also add stength to our squad. I dont want to get carried away but I can see another league tittle for us in the forth comimg years.  ;D
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #10: Aug 14, 2006 03:53:51 pm
      u cant compare them! Xabi is a fantastic player and so is momo! but xabi is a passer an creates play were as momo breaks up play an is a trmendous athlete! both completely different
      Chris B
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 14, 2006 04:29:22 pm
      Quote from: "Semple"
      u cant compare them! Xabi is a fantastic player and so is momo! but xabi is a passer an creates play were as momo breaks up play an is a trmendous athlete! both completely different

Agreed..
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #12: Aug 14, 2006 05:45:25 pm
      Bit harsh on Momo I would say he does a lot more than break up play, yes he does that well but with his engine also has the stamina and the pace to get into the opostion box plus his short passing into space in goal scoring positions is excelant, expect all these parts of his game to make huge improvemants this season as well !
      ultraltan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #13: Aug 15, 2006 11:12:36 am
      Sissoko is a tenacious defensive midfielder. He makes good tackles and win the ball many time. Xabi Alonso isn't run as much as Sissoko, but he has higher technic capacity than Sissokko.

I think Sissoko should be placed in first eleven. Because he is like a wall in front of the defence.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #14: Aug 15, 2006 02:39:17 pm
      both brilliant players we couldnt do without. they play different roles in the game so is hard to judge whos better than who
      red for ever
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #15: Aug 15, 2006 04:34:11 pm
      theres no need to ask that question really because big momo and xavi will play in the middle of the park with stevie coming in from the right handside, there a awesome combination. it would be complete if speedy can adapt and give us that cutting edge from the left.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 15, 2006 04:38:13 pm
      Everybody is spot on!

Xabi delivers the perfect ball and Momo chases everything.

We are going to be unstoppable this season!!!
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #17: Aug 17, 2006 11:07:30 am
      agreed
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #18: Aug 17, 2006 03:53:46 pm
      agreed!! we will be unstoppable
      Swansea Red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 17, 2006 04:12:08 pm
      Who cares. They are both ours and i love them
      lfc4lyf
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #20: Aug 18, 2006 05:41:40 pm
      xabi si better!! yeh, sissoko is good, but better than alonso? dnt think so

Quick Reply