Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The 'Extremely Pissed Off' Thread

Read 365777 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: The 'Extremely Pissed Off' Thread
      Reply #5428: Feb 16, 2017 10:30:03 am
      Thanks JD it is true, having a youngster work with us, he had absolutely no work him at all. Thanks for the encouragement though.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5429: Feb 25, 2017 02:11:16 pm
      F***ing council are full of jokers, useless bunch.

Get a letter saying 'you owe us x amount' think hmm that's strange I have a direct debit with them were they take what they need. Rang them up and get a sh*t robot service. I give my details and get told they will call me back. Anyway no call comes so I think that's the end of it. Today a letter from debt collectors come through saying I owe them even more now. They are still taking money from me on direct debit however. I try to contact the debt people, they're closed. I ring the council, go through the shitty automated service again, can't get speaking to a real person. I get told to go to the website and email the council tax branch. I go to the website and is there an email listed for council tax? Of course not.

I'm literally trying to pay them if I owe them and cannot get speaking to a human to do so. Could go into their office and speak to them... but they close at 4 on weekdays. I feel sorry for the person I get hold of eventually.

Only thing they can do is hand out benefits, who cares about the people that actually work for them! That's the worst part, they employ me and I still can't get hold of anyone
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5430: Feb 25, 2017 02:35:20 pm
      F***ing council are full of jokers, useless bunch.

Get a letter saying 'you owe us x amount' think hmm that's strange I have a direct debit with them were they take what they need. Rang them up and get a sh*t robot service. I give my details and get told they will call me back. Anyway no call comes so I think that's the end of it. Today a letter from debt collectors come through saying I owe them even more now. They are still taking money from me on direct debit however. I try to contact the debt people, they're closed. I ring the council, go through the shitty automated service again, can't get speaking to a real person. I get told to go to the website and email the council tax branch. I go to the website and is there an email listed for council tax? Of course not.

I'm literally trying to pay them if I owe them and cannot get speaking to a human to do so. Could go into their office and speak to them... but they close at 4 on weekdays. I feel sorry for the person I get hold of eventually.

Only thing they can do is hand out benefits, who cares about the people that actually work for them! That's the worst part, they employ me and I still can't get hold of anyone

That's the council for you. There used to be 2 street lights near my house, 1 of them broke and instead of fixing it they just took the f**ker down so whenever I walk up or down my street at night you're lucky to see much until you get to the top of the hill. The council don't seem to want to know though.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #5431: Feb 26, 2017 06:29:10 am
      That's the council for you. There used to be 2 street lights near my house, 1 of them broke and instead of fixing it they just took the f**ker down so whenever I walk up or down my street at night you're lucky to see much until you get to the top of the hill. The council don't seem to want to know though.

It's crazy. All their money seems to be dedicated towards digging holes in the road in the spot they did it the year before
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #5432: Feb 26, 2017 06:53:46 am
      Another lovely letter today, this time from npower saying my monthly bill will be going from 16 pounds to 153 pounds a month! This had better be a misprint
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #5433: Feb 26, 2017 11:41:52 am
      Another lovely letter today, this time from npower saying my monthly bill will be going from 16 pounds to 153 pounds a month! This had better be a misprint

That's put some weight on mate?.Joke!!.Hope it is a mistake.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #5434: Feb 26, 2017 12:42:05 pm
      Lying in hospital (going into my 2nd effin day) waiting on an MRI scan to hopefully clear me of having a stroke.

I'm almost certain that an episode I had yesterday was a migraine but they won't let me out. Arragh
      That's the pressure supporting Liverpool puts on you these days  :D
      Seriously hope all goes well BBB.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #5435: Feb 26, 2017 05:25:39 pm
      That's put some weight on mate?.Joke!!.Hope it is a mistake.

It's so much I recon it must be a mistake. Will ring them tomorrow when they open.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5436: Jul 21, 2017 11:54:02 pm
      Bare with me here.

I was on my phone sending a message and then when I was done I still had it in one hand. Anyway, about 30 seconds later I went to pick my phone up, thinking it was next me. Now, I was sat on the bed when this was happening like. I couldn't see my phone next to me or around me so I started moving the pillows, the cover, the laptop and generally everything that was on the bed, looked on the floor and was starting to think along the lines of "what the f**k?!". Anyway, then I suddenly realised, I still had the phone in my hand.

Does it really piss anyone else off when this kind of thing happens to them or is it just me? It's like, come on man!!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #5437: Jul 22, 2017 11:22:55 am
      Bare with me here.

I was on my phone sending a message and then when I was done I still had it in one hand. Anyway, about 30 seconds later I went to pick my phone up, thinking it was next me. Now, I was sat on the bed when this was happening like. I couldn't see my phone next to me or around me so I started moving the pillows, the cover, the laptop and generally everything that was on the bed, looked on the floor and was starting to think along the lines of "what the f**k?!". Anyway, then I suddenly realised, I still had the phone in my hand.

Does it really piss anyone else off when this kind of thing happens to them or is it just me? It's like, come on man!!

I asked my colleague for a pencil whilst having one in my hand and another behind my ear :D
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #5438: Jul 22, 2017 07:35:13 pm
      Bare with me here.

I am glad I that I am not to only senile one here... :lmao:  Spent twenty odd minutes look for Ā£60.00 that i had put on a table next to the bed and cursing that someone had piked up my money only to find that i was passing it (The money) from hand to hand while pick up things and looking under them for the cash :f_doh:
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, thereā€™s a golden sky.
      Reply #5439: Aug 11, 2017 03:43:07 pm
      This whole Coutinho situation. F***ing deja vu. Happened to us way too many times in the past few years. F***ing money ruining football.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5440: Sep 02, 2017 12:38:36 pm
      My neighbours began doing the dirty very loudly at 4am this morning..... they are still going.... it's almost 1pm... I mean fair fecking do's, but shut the F**k up! She's a fecking screamer too....  :lmao:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5441: Nov 29, 2017 09:14:02 am
      So... I got talking to a Slovakian lad in my Doctor's waiting room yesterday. Nice, honest lad but he told me a story [about how much he loved my town] which scared and angered the b'jaysus out of me.

'Peter' was telling me that he had two kids back home, one of which had autism.

He had been paid off here but he lived "rent free, thanks to housing benefit". He claimed and sent back, to Slovakia, 'working tax credits' (because he was on job seekers allowance), for his two kids, which came in at just under Ā£12k, thanks to Ā£8k, per annum, for the autistic girl. He did, of course, get Child Benefit Ā£1.6k, for the two on top. Furthermore he was in the process of trying to "win a (DLA) PIPS claim for his daughter".

Nice to know my Ā£118 weekly tax payment is keeping so many happy in so many ways. 👍😊
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5442: Nov 29, 2017 10:51:52 am
      So... I got talking to a Slovakian lad in my Doctor's waiting room yesterday. Nice, honest lad but he told me a story [about how much he loved my town] which scared and angered the b'jaysus out of me.

He had been paid off here but he lived "rent free, thanks to housing benefit". He claimed and sent back, to Slovakia, 'working tax credits' (because he was on job seekers allowance), for his two kids, which came in at just under Ā£12k, thanks to Ā£8k, per annum, for the autistic girl. He did, of course, get Child Benefit Ā£1.6k, for the two on top. Furthermore he was in the process of trying to "win a (DLA) PIPS claim for his daughter".

Nice to know my Ā£118 weekly tax payment is keeping so many happy in so many ways. 👍😊

Sounds similar to the welfare benefits so many in the US ā€œenjoyā€. Mind you not all leach the system but a fair number do. Of course merely pointing that out would have me branded a heartless, money grubbing conservative ;)

I donā€™t mind a bit helping people that want to help themselves and make a contribution.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #5443: Nov 29, 2017 11:18:09 am

The harder you work and the more you put into a very unfair system, the more you will find, you will be ripped off. Which is extremely unfair.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5444: Nov 29, 2017 01:31:19 pm
      Sounds similar to the welfare benefits so many in the US ā€œenjoyā€. Mind you not all leach the system but a fair number do. Of course merely pointing that out would have me branded a heartless, money grubbing conservative ;)

I donā€™t mind a bit helping people that want to help themselves and make a contribution.

I do NOT, in any shape or form, mind paying for anyone who has, like me (and my parents before me/them) paid into the system. That's what its there for.

sh*t; I don't even mind folk playing the system and making a few quid extra [I blame the game, not the player]. But...

I DO resent my tax money being moved out of the country. Therein lies the rub: 'Peter' sends his tax credits, DLA and family allowence back to his wife and kids in Slovakia. It boosts their economy not mine.

Before yesterday I had put such stories down to scaremongering and I was blissfully unaware of the truth but I heard it from the horse's mouth and it's F***ing aggravating.  😕

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5445: Nov 29, 2017 04:15:24 pm
      I do NOT, in any shape or form, mind paying for anyone who has, like me (and my parents before me/them) paid into the system. That's what its there for.

Sh*t; I don't even mind folk playing the system and making a few quid extra [I blame the game, not the player]. But...

I DO resent my tax money being moved out of the country. Therein lies the rub: 'Peter' sends his tax credits, DLA and family allowence back to his wife and kids in Slovakia. It boosts their economy not mine.

Before yesterday I had put such stories down to scaremongering and I was blissfully unaware of the truth but I heard it from the horse's mouth and it's f**king aggravating.  😕

Same thing happens here on a large scale. Mexican (and other Hispanic) immigrants come over the border, some collect benefits some work to collect money under the table and then send it back to their families over the border. All the while they donā€™t pay any taxes on the money and yet they use (and abuse) taxpayer funded provisions like emergency medical services, schooling, free lunch programs, highways, etc.....

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m in favor of scrapping our current tax system in favor of a national sales tax. That way everyone buying goods or services in this country will pay taxes, thereā€™s no way around it.  Not only that, but the folks that spend the most money (the rich) would ultimately pay the most taxes.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #5446: Nov 30, 2017 04:35:41 pm

You shouldn't be pissed off but giving the guy credit,learning english and knowing how to use the system for his own greater good,fair play.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5447: Nov 30, 2017 05:51:50 pm

You shouldn't be pissed off but giving the guy credit,learning english and knowing how to use the system for his own greater good,fair play.
      I think youā€™ve missed the point.

He hasnā€™t failed to recognise the fellaā€™s attributes - heā€™s questioning the system that allows something so flagrantly contra and damaging to its very intent.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5448: Dec 03, 2017 07:24:49 pm
      Friend of mine has gone completely off the rails, totally hitting the booze every day, just about making it into work (only works 3 1/2 hrs a day) and been threatened with the sack.

Has left behind a Father and daughter, missed the daughter's birthday completely and says she has found where she belongs in a complete shithole of a pub with lowlifes everywhere. Now I'm not one to judge, can speak with the most downtrodden and unfortunate folk you'll ever meet and I understand we're all just a couple of choices away from homelessness ourselves but this is no place for a Mother and partner to be when she has a home to go to. I just don't know what to say to one of my best friend's (her partner) who is completely devastated and frankly on the verge of suicide about this.

I suppose any advice would be helpful and what way to approach the subject with either the woman or him as I'm close to both of them but I'm majorly pissed off with her (without saying at the moment) and devastated for him and his daughter (who is coping surprisingly 9 years old (that's how I know them, same age as my little one)).

My Mrs says that the woman has had a nervous breakdown and just needs time and counselling, I really think she's lost the plot and is bizarrely in her 'happy place' ignoring all life's problems and disappearing down a glass.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #5449: Dec 24, 2017 12:38:13 pm
      It's crap when you try and be of help and people just don't acknowledge you.
      Everyone who knows me knows I'm a Genuine guy I try my best to accommodate people if I can.
      It's your loss and other people's gain.
      Rant Over.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5450: Dec 24, 2017 01:21:54 pm
      It's crap when you try and be of help and people just don't acknowledge you.
      Everyone who knows me knows I'm a Genuine guy I try my best to accommodate people if I can.
      It's your loss and other people's gain.
      Rant Over.

Sounds rough mate. Hope all ok.

Have a great Xmas from the balmy north ;)

Quick Reply