Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

For the love of God....

Read 2951 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      For the love of God....
      Feb 27, 2008 09:23:01 pm
      ....just buy Javier Mascherano will you - you pair of useless Yanks.

It's not even your money - it's the sodding banks and it's just sitting there.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: For the love of God....
      Reply #1: Feb 27, 2008 09:25:23 pm
      Unfortuantley JD, I don't think the yanks log on to lfcreds.com :D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #2: Feb 27, 2008 09:29:12 pm
      I think this frustrates everyone right now. Seems like yet another lie i hope it isnt but im sure we were meant to have signed him a ilttle while after the window closed. Ive never been so frustrated, annoyed and pissed off in my whole time watching football as i have this season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #3: Feb 27, 2008 09:30:24 pm

Oh, how wrong you are.  They certainly don't come on here to witness your spelling anyway.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Feb 27, 2008 09:36:07 pm
      I'm sure it will happen JD, they don't want a riot in the Sandon  ;) :D
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #5: Feb 27, 2008 09:41:07 pm
      I have to confess I thought we had signed him during the transfer window and made that comment on a previous post.

I cannot believe how pathetic we have looked in the media since Laurel and Hardy 'bought' the club.

We are clearly the laughing stock of English football and I like others demand change.

This farce must not be allowed to continue.

For the love of God....something must change and quickly.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Feb 27, 2008 09:50:30 pm
      I think we us fans should buy him, sod the takeover by the fans leave that to the DIC, It would be alot easier for fans to raise money for Masch than for a £500 million takeover.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #7: Feb 27, 2008 09:52:53 pm
      I'm going to start working on my banner idea.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Feb 27, 2008 10:13:23 pm
      Maybe this Mascherano saga will make people appreciate the problems RAFA has had signing players and how difficult it has been to manage a club that is owned (mortgaged ) by the 2 stooges and abetted by Rick Parry.Masch is one player we can ill afford to lose as he can be the cornerstone of our midfield for quite a few years.Just a thought could the owners be holding back from signing Masch so as the books look better in the event of the club being sold.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #9: Feb 27, 2008 10:35:36 pm
      I'm going to start working on my banner idea.

:D thats a good start
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Feb 27, 2008 11:08:01 pm
      So true!!

PR sh*t doesn't pull the wool over the eyes of reds.

Go away with at least one thing that you done, that might make sense.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Feb 27, 2008 11:11:29 pm
      :lmao:

JD you don't half make me laugh.

I hope something gets F***ing sorted.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #12: Feb 28, 2008 09:34:09 am
      Whats taking so long?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Feb 28, 2008 09:59:59 am
      ....just buy Javier Mascherano will you - you pair of useless Yanks.

It's not even your money - it's the sodding banks and it's just sitting there.

Oh, how wrong you are.  They certainly don't come on here to witness your spelling anyway.

LFC.TV

MASCHERANO: WE'RE VERY CLOSE TO DEAL
      Paul Eaton 28 February 2008

Javier Mascherano is hoping he will finally be able to put pen to paper on a permanent Anfield deal within the next few days.

The Argentine international insists it's now just a matter of time before the formalities of the contract are finalised and he can sign a lengthy contract with the Reds.

"We are really close," he said. "Maybe this week or next week we will be able to say everything's finished. We can't say it just yet but hopefully in a few days everything will be okay.

"There are no problems with the fee or with the contract, it's just getting the papers finished.

"I have always said I want to stay here and so it hasn't been a difficult time for me. I have wanted it to be finished because I have my family behind me and I want to know what my future is going to be. I am calm and relaxed because I know that everything is almost over.

"I am very happy that in the next week I will be able to say I have signed for Liverpool. It will be the best moment of my career to be able to say I will be playing my football with Liverpool."

Mascherano's immediate focus now is helping the Reds pick up another three league points when they travel to take on Bolton this weekend.

And despite the high profile clash with Inter Milan just a couple of weeks away, he insists it's easy enough to stay concentrate on the important league games which lie ahead.

"We have to finish in the top four because we want to be playing in the Champions League next season," he added.

"We have to win the games we have coming up before we go to Milan and so it's not difficult to stay focused at all.

"We had a good win against Middlesbrough on Saturday and now we have to go and try to win at Bolton. We beat them easily at Anfield earlier in the season but we know it's going to be harder this weekend because they're a difficult side to play on their own pitch."

One player looking for a return to first team duty this weekend will be Xabi Alonso after his goalscoring display for the reserves against Manchester United in midweek.

Despite being out of the side at present, Mascherano is in no doubt that Alonso's quality will be needed over the coming vital weeks.

"Xabi is one of the best midfielders in the world," he said. "He has quality and class and he knows that if he keeps training well then his chance will come again - maybe on Sunday.

"For me he is an example to everybody. He is a player who has won the Champions League with Liverpool, a player with great experience and yet on Tuesday night he had no problems in playing for the reserves."
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2008 10:02:11 am by Court LFC »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #14: Feb 28, 2008 10:03:35 am
      Maybe Javier was waiting on confirmation (from the US of A) that Rafa will actually be his manager next season?

Just a thought... stranger things happen in the night (in the UK...at about 0100am)...

Did the earth move for you too darling?!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #15: Feb 28, 2008 10:05:16 am
      Maybe Javier was waiting on confirmation (from the US of A) that Rafa will actually be his manager next season?

Just a thought... stranger things happen in the night (in the UK...at about 0100am)...

Did the earth move for you too darling?!

You know I thought I would sound like a nutcase if I said that.  It's because that's when the journo's go to sleep :D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #16: Feb 28, 2008 10:24:41 am
      Was just thinking that Masch's wealthy Iranian owner may well have made some contact with his Middle Eastern cousins in the UAE over the last couple of weeks... just a thought.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17: Feb 28, 2008 05:05:35 pm
      We may have to pass it on to them then! ;)
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #18: Feb 28, 2008 07:15:46 pm
      Thing is the fuddy duddying around is mostly to do with Parrys over cautious approach on things. Lets not forget that he fuddy duddys around like a pube headed 93 year old on crack when it comes to transfers and players signing contracts. He so over cautious at times I swear we miss out on some class players because of Parrys bullshit.
      Its not all down to the yanks at times, a lot of attention seems to be drawn away from pube head and is deflected onto the yanks, now I was under the assumption that Parry dealt with all transfers and contracts of playing staff, as that is what is supposed to be in his job description amoungst other things like being a total tw*t. So its looking a 3 way street in this deal in my opion Parry and the dynamic bumbling duo of Hicksman and Gilletbin need to sort this out pronto else Javier will be off down the amazon to a rival, which will really F***ing piss me off no end.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #19: Feb 28, 2008 07:21:28 pm
      Thing is the fuddy duddying around is mostly to do with Parrys over cautious approach on things. Lets not forget that he fuddy duddys around like a pube headed 93 year old on crack when it comes to transfers and players signing contracts. He so over cautious at times I swear we miss out on some class players because of Parrys bullshit.
      Its not all down to the yanks at times, a lot of attention seems to be drawn away from pube head and is deflected onto the yanks, now I was under the assumption that Parry dealt with all transfers and contracts of playing staff, as that is what is supposed to be in his job description amoungst other things like being a total tw*t. So its looking a 3 way street in this deal in my opion Parry and the dynamic bumbling duo of Hicksman and Gilletbin need to sort this out pronto else Javier will be off down the amazon to a rival, which will really F***ing piss me off no end.

Didn't notice you were pissed off, mate!  ;) Cracking post and +1 for you there! If only we could set you up for a one-on-one with Pubes Head, he'd be sorted out in no time!  :lmao:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #20: Feb 29, 2008 02:17:50 am
      Well I have allready ordered my Mascherano jersey, so we have to buy him now.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #21: Feb 29, 2008 08:06:33 am
      This as to be the longest drawn out transfer saga in the history of trasfers and as for Parry He's living on borrowed time and his name is in the out tray...
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #22: Feb 29, 2008 12:52:53 pm
      Rafa Benitez praises Javier Mascherano as he nears 'dream move' to LiverpoolFeb 29 2008

by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ today played tribute to Javier Mascherano as the Argentinian midfielder edges ever closer to securing his “dream move” to Anfield.

Mascherano has become a vital cog in Liverpool’s midfield since signing on loan in January last year and a permanent deal is now imminent.

Benitez described the 23-year-old as his midfield “insurance policy” in tribute to the way he protects the Liverpool defence while allowing more attack minded players to get forward.

He said: "Mascherano is playing well and everyone knows he is a good player and there are not too many world-class holding midfielders around.

“He is very professional and his commitment is always fantastic so I am very pleased with him. He is always focused and looking to do things the right way for the team.

“It’s difficult to say if there is anyone better than him but we have to be pleased with him.

“He is a young player but he also has experience and enough quality to play in this position and he gives his team mates freedom going forward.

“If you think of Gerrard, for example, he knows that if he goes forward, Mascherano will be there, so he is a key player for us.

“He is like an insurance policy for us in this way.”

The proposed £18.6m deal for Liverpool to sign the player is now in place and terms have been agreed on a four-year contract with Mascherano.

With Mascherano being owned by the Media Sports Investment (MSI) consortium rather than a club, all details of the transfer are being checked meticulously.

But the player himself is confident the deal will soon go through.

“Maybe this week or next week we will be able to say everything's finished,” he said. "It's just getting the papers finished.”

Meanwhile, Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks claims he has the right to veto any attempt by George Gillett to sell his stake in the club.

Not only am I not going to sell, my partner cannot sell without my approval," Hicks told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "So, I kind of have the ability to determine the outcome of what is going to happen, and I am right in the middle of that.”

.....difficult to see this story take a u-turn so.....almost time to rejoice
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #23: Feb 29, 2008 03:13:53 pm
      Looks like it could be a done deal today, Hope Rafa is right.

Rafa: Masch Deal Imminent

Rafael Benitez has revealed that the permanent transfer of Javier Mascherano could be completed in a matter of hours. 
      The Liverpool manager said it would be fantastic news for the club in completing the signing of the Argentine international who he believes is one of his most influential players.

"It's nearly done, it's very close, maybe hours" said Benitez. "We have confidence. The player is very pleased and it will be fantastic news for the club.

"I think everybody knows Mascherano is a key player for us. He gives to us balance. When we talk about the position of Gerrard, Mascherano can give him the freedom.

"Also if you want to change we have Xabi Alonso and also Lucas Leiva, so we have now four midfielders with quality. I think it will be one of the best central midfields in the world if you talk about these four players.

"It shows that at least we are progressing and going forward. I think we are going in the right direction in terms of signing the players that we need and the business that we need to do."

Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #24: Feb 29, 2008 03:27:53 pm
      Lets hope something can be done to stop transfers being dragged out to the treaty of Versailles proportions purely because a player is owned by third parties and not another football club, I would love to be a fly on the wall as everyone from Kia Joorabchian to the fella who cleans the office negotiates his share of the fee.

Is this sort of business going to become more common place as the agents cut out the middleman (the selling clubs) in favour of dealing directly with the buyer just so they can claim more and more of the financial pie?
      I honestly used to see the benefit a player got from someone negotiating the best deal possible for his customer whilst hoping to get his percentage, but now its changed to an owner trying to get the biggest price possible for his 'asset' I'm sure it will all end in tears unless FIFA/UEFA step in and lay some ground rules.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #25: Feb 29, 2008 03:47:52 pm
      According to SSN its done.

Four year deal. Fantastic news ahead of an important game this weekend.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #26: Mar 01, 2008 01:40:30 am
      YESSSSSSSSSS SWEET ITS A DONE DEAL!!!!!!!!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #27: Mar 01, 2008 03:26:27 am
      Looks like Hicks had a peak at this thread JD! Let's just hope he feels the need to pop into the Possible Takeover thread too. :D
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #28: Mar 01, 2008 07:56:37 am
      MASCHERANO SIGNS FOUR YEAR ANFIELD DEAL

Thank F**k for that what a fiasco F***ing hell!! Now hicks do like the banner says F**k OFF
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #29: Mar 01, 2008 09:48:17 am
      Its also n CNN that mascherano has signed a permanent deal with LFC. That is so cool. At least we have him now! Hope the Yanks will get in line or get out!

Quick Reply