Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

For the love of God....

Read 2942 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: For the love of God....
      Reply #23: Feb 29, 2008 03:13:53 pm
      Looks like it could be a done deal today, Hope Rafa is right.

Rafa: Masch Deal Imminent

Rafael Benitez has revealed that the permanent transfer of Javier Mascherano could be completed in a matter of hours. 
      The Liverpool manager said it would be fantastic news for the club in completing the signing of the Argentine international who he believes is one of his most influential players.

"It's nearly done, it's very close, maybe hours" said Benitez. "We have confidence. The player is very pleased and it will be fantastic news for the club.

"I think everybody knows Mascherano is a key player for us. He gives to us balance. When we talk about the position of Gerrard, Mascherano can give him the freedom.

"Also if you want to change we have Xabi Alonso and also Lucas Leiva, so we have now four midfielders with quality. I think it will be one of the best central midfields in the world if you talk about these four players.

"It shows that at least we are progressing and going forward. I think we are going in the right direction in terms of signing the players that we need and the business that we need to do."

Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #24: Feb 29, 2008 03:27:53 pm
      Lets hope something can be done to stop transfers being dragged out to the treaty of Versailles proportions purely because a player is owned by third parties and not another football club, I would love to be a fly on the wall as everyone from Kia Joorabchian to the fella who cleans the office negotiates his share of the fee.

Is this sort of business going to become more common place as the agents cut out the middleman (the selling clubs) in favour of dealing directly with the buyer just so they can claim more and more of the financial pie?
      I honestly used to see the benefit a player got from someone negotiating the best deal possible for his customer whilst hoping to get his percentage, but now its changed to an owner trying to get the biggest price possible for his 'asset' I'm sure it will all end in tears unless FIFA/UEFA step in and lay some ground rules.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #25: Feb 29, 2008 03:47:52 pm
      According to SSN its done.

Four year deal. Fantastic news ahead of an important game this weekend.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #26: Mar 01, 2008 01:40:30 am
      YESSSSSSSSSS SWEET ITS A DONE DEAL!!!!!!!!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #27: Mar 01, 2008 03:26:27 am
      Looks like Hicks had a peak at this thread JD! Let's just hope he feels the need to pop into the Possible Takeover thread too. :D
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #28: Mar 01, 2008 07:56:37 am
      MASCHERANO SIGNS FOUR YEAR ANFIELD DEAL

Thank F**k for that what a fiasco F***ing hell!! Now hicks do like the banner says F**k OFF
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #29: Mar 01, 2008 09:48:17 am
      Its also n CNN that mascherano has signed a permanent deal with LFC. That is so cool. At least we have him now! Hope the Yanks will get in line or get out!

Quick Reply