Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Wools v Scousers

Read 30695 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Wools v Scousers
      Reply #138: Dec 20, 2007 01:44:37 pm
      Doesn't matter about your genetic set up OR where you were born!

Anyway, that's enough about Joey's sexual preferences :D :D :D
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #139: Dec 20, 2007 02:08:26 pm
      Between where I come from and where LFC is loacted is separated by a few oceans and that I've been supporting the club for the last 30 years and still is, inspite of our barren 17 years. When I had one coffee mug accidentally landed on the tv screen just because I just can accept the referee's decision and had to get a new  tv, does it not tells u what sort of passion that I have for the club besides staying up till wee hours of the morning watching games life while things continues to fly all over the places. It hurts to hear such comments about us non - scousers and non - Liverpudlian and I certainly felt as if we are being treated like 2nd class citizens here. At least we the foreign legions supports only one club, that is LIVERPOOL FC and not everton fc.  
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #140: Dec 20, 2007 02:14:56 pm
      Anyway, that's enough about Joey's sexual preferences :D :D :D

:lmao: The Joey appreciates ALL types of sexy! ;)
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #141: Dec 20, 2007 03:23:07 pm
      hello all.
                    I was born and bred scouse am now living in runcorn (cheshire) I dont think it matters where we are from we all love are club, any way what exactly is a WOOLY BACK?  you see I always thought that a wooly back is somebody who has moved from there own place of birth not someone who talks differently, so in actual fact I am a wooly back cuz im not living in liverpool (just about 10 mins from speke).

________________________ _____
      LFC REDS 4 EVA
      WE'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Draw a line down Dunningsbridge Road to the M57  along the M57 Down to the Ford Road and along the Ford Road taking in Speke an thats the only area containing scousers!!! full stop
      Everybody outside that area is either a Wool or Welsh? take your pick?

JOKING JOKING
      Here is what the "Urban Dictionary" says about wools:-

A wool is short for the Liverpool term Wooly Back which is a derogatory expression for people from lancashire and cheshire, originating from the early 1900's when the population of lancashire used to wear a form of sheepskin coat and was considered to be a sheep shagger by scousers.

This of course has not changed much, except the lancashire and cheshire fashion sense has got worse
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2007 03:25:49 pm by neilh2105 »
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #142: Dec 20, 2007 03:52:57 pm
      To be quite honest, I think the only people who slag off OOT's and Wool's are those immature kid's who go to the games, and think there gods gift and they think they have the god given right to support such a fantastic football team, because they live in the city. There is no doubt that there are scousers out there who make you feel welcome at games and love OOTers, because it's good for the club. I am very, very good friends with a scouse family, known them for many years after meeting them on holiday in Butlins, they are always telling my family how passionate we are about the club and we are from Kent.

At the end of the day, maybe people like myself take it to heart a bit too much and it could be considered as just general banter, but like a fellow poster said earlier it makes us non-scousers feel like 2nd rate citizens. When I went to Anfield recently to watch the Toulouse game, I felt like an alien in my own country, because I felt like scousers were going to give me a hard time for my southern accent, pathetic I know, but that's the way I felt for a good few months. Now I have realised that I don't care what people say, yes I am an OOT, and yes I love Liverpool football club with all my heart. You will have to beat me to death to stop me!

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2007 03:56:03 pm by T-Unit-LFC »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #143: Dec 20, 2007 03:58:54 pm
      To be quite honest, I think the only people who slag off OOT's and Wool's are those immature kid's who go to the games, and think there gods gift and they think they have the god given right to support such a fantastic football team, because they live in the city. There is no doubtthat there are scousers out there who make you feel welcome at games and love OOTers, because it's good for the club. I am very, very good friends with a scouse family, known them for many years after meeting them on holiday in Butlins, they are always telling my family how passionate we are about the club and we are from Kent.

At the end of the day, maybe people like myself take it to heart a bit too much and it could be considered as just general banter, but like a fellow poster said earlier it makes us non-scousers feel like 2nd rate citizens. When I went to Anfield recently to watch the Toulouse game, I felt like an alien in my own country, because I felt like scousers were going to give me a hard time for my southern accent, pathetic I know, but that's the way I felt for a good few months. Now I have realised that I don't care what people say, yes I am an OOT, and yes I love Liverpool football club with all my heart. You will have to beat me to death to stop me!

YNWA

Cracking enthusiasm! ;)

Don't worry, if someone's slagging you off for going to games and supporting the club then they're an arsehole! It doesn't matter where someones from! If you've the enthusiasm, the voice and the love for the club that all good supporters have then your a Kopite! ;)
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #144: Dec 20, 2007 04:00:05 pm
      Cracking enthusiasm! ;)

Don't worry, if someone's slagging you off for going to games and supporting the club then they're an arsehole! It doesn't matter where someones from! If you've the enthusiasm, the voice and the love for the club that all good supporters have then your a Kopite! ;)

Hear hear!!
      liverpooldan87
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts | 10 
      Reply #145: Dec 20, 2007 04:48:00 pm
      Absolute nonsense. I have many friends away from the city and many of them support the club just as much as I myself do. I am in agreement with Crazy Horse though, where he says that local fans should be able to get their hands on tickets easier. I dont have a season ticket (on the waiting list, wish they would pull their fingers out regarding the new stadium) and although I have managed to get to most of the home games so far this season, it has been a triumph of human endeavour over adversity to get them, and a hell of a lot of money too.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #146: Dec 20, 2007 05:46:16 pm
      Can you imagine those travelling Irish fans and southeners how much it costs them in travelling, accommodation never mind touted tickets.  It probably costs don rafael to come from Madrid and watch a single game the same amount for your season ticket.  OUTERs are a massive part of this club and are what give this club a competitive edge in the league of clubs around the world.
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2007 06:26:49 pm by king kenny »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #147: Dec 20, 2007 07:43:32 pm
      firstly most southerners see wooly backs sheep shaggers as welsh especially the valleys where i come from been to anfield 5 times this season have enjoyed every time sometimes we havnt had the result we want but the banter the songs the chants all make it for me i come home cant talk properly for two days but i love it .costs a small fortune foe me and my dad but we wouldnt change it, sometimes i think my dad wont make it through the game with his dicky heart but he wont stop what a place to go  eh singing with youre friends supporting youre club till the end now thats what it means to my dad and me so dont anyone ever say we dont care as much cos we sure as hell do also i think all locals should have the chance to go to the ticket office to get tickets cos locals are the ones who started the whole dream for us and may i say thanks for that ynwa
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #148: Dec 20, 2007 07:44:34 pm
      Any chance of having that post ^^ in English? 
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #149: Dec 20, 2007 07:47:18 pm
      Don't worry, if people cut you out of conversations about footy then it's them who're losing out! In the same way I couldn't care less if you're from Walton or West Ham, I don't care if you're a girl or a lad! You have the same insight as anyone else! Doesn't matter about your genetic set up OR where you were born!  At the end of the day, we all knew f*ck all about footy at some point!

Oh you've passed that point County-Road-Kopite? >:D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #150: Dec 21, 2007 02:11:59 am
      Oh you've passed that point County-Road-Kopite? >:D

I'd like to think so Oldred! ;)

Any chance of having that post ^^ in English? 

Seconded, I love the token comma halfway through though! ;)
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #151: Dec 21, 2007 11:33:08 am
      Don't forget aswell, Ricky Parry isn't scouse and he plays a very important role in the running of our great football club!  ;)
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #152: Dec 21, 2007 12:33:10 pm
      Don't forget aswell, Ricky Parry isn't scouse and he plays a very important role in the running of our great football club!  ;)

are you joking ?

rick parry is a liability who is getting bullied by the yanks!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #153: Dec 21, 2007 12:34:56 pm
      Cheers Matt, us wools will probably never be accepted now after that comment :D
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #154: Dec 22, 2007 07:41:37 pm
      lmao, sorry Eddie, yeh he is a bit of a dunce, but he does love Liverpool, that's what i meant!  :lmao:
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #155: Jan 17, 2008 05:54:54 pm
      haha, just realised what i said, you lot know im pulling you're leg right.

Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #156: Jan 17, 2008 08:35:30 pm
      Sorry, but can  any one explain me what the wools mean?
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #157: Jan 19, 2008 06:27:45 pm
      A wool is a term, short for woolyback. Someone not born in Liverpool (especially from the towns of Wigan, St Helen's, Widnes, Warrington and Runcorn). It's basically an out of town fan (OOT). Some scousers find it funny to slate OOT's but the majority of them love OOT's, and rightly so because without OOT's the club would not have a worldwide status or they would not have much money to be run!

That is basically what this forum is about, to stop these people from stirring up such pure nonsense!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #158: Jan 19, 2008 07:38:18 pm
      OOT all the way from down under. I remember watching tv with a few friends around 5 or 6 years old at the time and we watched a Liverpool v Scum game at Anfield. They all said they went for the Scum because they played better footy, not me. For some reason i tilted to the Reds and never looked back. Years now i have never been to a game but my love for the Reds is never ending. I feel gutted after every game if we lose and euphoria if we win. I have my heart in my mouth every game and un wrap the scarf from round my neck and hold it high while watching it on tv (big screens and surround sound really make you feel like your at the game).
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #159: Jan 19, 2008 11:02:17 pm
      A wool is a term, short for woolyback. Someone not born in Liverpool (especially from the towns of Wigan, St Helen's, Widnes, Warrington and Runcorn). It's basically an out of town fan (OOT). Some scousers find it funny to slate OOT's but the majority of them love OOT's, and rightly so because without OOT's the club would not have a worldwide status or they would not have much money to be run!

That is basically what this forum is about, to stop these people from stirring up such pure nonsense!

Thanks for explaination. I am still learning here. I have found many but I see not everything
      Is That name Wools right to people from abroad, not from England?
      Now I understand what OOT means!It's fine!
      I know Liverpool are supoorted by many people all over the world but not many of them know English and have envy to Liverpool born people, because they are always in the city with Liverpool!
      I have only rare opportunity to watch Liverpool on TV.
      Imagine If Liverpool had played today vs Villa, I would have watched that match.
      But instead of that I had to watch Arsenal vs Fulham
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #160: Jan 20, 2008 12:16:53 am
      Alessio, I think you are fully covered as an OOT rather than a Wool.

Quick Reply