Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Wools v Scousers

Read 30529 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: Wools v Scousers
      Reply #46: Jan 22, 2007 10:30:18 am
      I live a stones throw from the Mersey ferry and can see the Liverpool waterfront from my window, I can be in the City centre in ten minutes, but to a lot of scouse reds im a woolly back. The funny thing is I was usually called one by lads who lived in Kirby or Halewood lads who would take half an hour to get into town, maybe they where just trying to prove there own “scouseness”, once on the way home from an FA cup game against Tranmere I had to run the gauntlet of scouse reds trying to batter me because I was a wool and Rovers fans trying to do the same because I was a Red!
      I must admit to never hearing any “foreign” accents when I was younger standing on the Kop but they have become more and more prevalent in recent years, this I think is down to Liverpool’s success and there exposure in the media to a wider audience.
      Yes I know everyone already knew about Liverpool but how many had actually been to a match or watched a live game on the box. Football was a region thing, we had Kick off with Gerald Sinstadt other regions saw there local games with there own presenter, why didn’t we have loads of “out of towners” in the seventies and eighties going to the game at a time when we where at our most successful? Its all down to media exposure with Sky and the like that you now have a choice of who you want to support.
      I was born in the sixties when Liverpool were hardly the dominant force of the time yet I have always been red and any other team was not an option, I have been going the game for near on forty years home, away Europe as well, I was at Hillsborough on the Leppings lane and yet im still classed a “wool”.
       Who cares wether you are from Stirling or Southampton as long as you keep the tradition of Liverpool FC having the best fans in the world, but remember NO f**kin jester hats because even I cant justify that one.

liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #47: Jan 22, 2007 12:51:48 pm
      I must admit to never hearing any “foreign” accents when I was younger standing on the Kop but they have become more and more prevalent in recent years, this I think is down to Liverpool’s success and there exposure in the media to a wider audience.

no I think that has more to do with the government letting anyone into this country but that is another subject and for another forum ;D
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2007 12:55:11 pm by liverpaul »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #48: Oct 25, 2007 03:47:48 pm
      I made a comment in another thread that the recent criticism of our manager in particular is more vociferous amongst the out of town support.

People like The Warrior I have a lot of respect for in that yes, you are supporting our club from the other side of the world.

My original point was not one of anti-OOT'ers - it's just that reading through the threads post-Besiktas it was fairly clear who is a local fan and who isn't.

DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #49: Oct 25, 2007 03:54:47 pm
      LFC supporters from outside Liverpool may not have the same passion for the city itself but given time the more they travel to Anfield the chances are Liverpool as a city will be loved a little more each time...

When it comes to the passion of the team & club I have to disagree with the initial statement in the first post.

...yes I'm due a visit!

T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #50: Oct 25, 2007 04:02:23 pm
      This arguement annoys me so much, I am from Kent, and im 17 years old, I dont want to ramble on about how much of a great fan I am, but I just want to say that me and my dad love Liverpool to the pit of our stomachs. I crave to see the club every week! It is absolutely disgusting that some people dont like OOT's, would you rather be like the scummers Everton who only like local support, look where that's go them  :lmao: . Please stop fuelling this issue as it upsets people like myself, Liverpool is GLOBAL and always will be, you telling me that Rafa, George Gillet and Tom Hicks and all the foreign and other players from outside liverpool who played for the team cannot hold Liverpool in their hearts. Without OOT'S the team would have no money and income. That's why Everton cannot sign any big name players!

Plain Jealousy!

Stop going on about this and love Liverpool from wherever you may be, Liverpool FC are supported all around the globe! Get over it!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #51: Oct 25, 2007 04:03:26 pm
      I made a comment in another thread that the recent criticism of our manager in particular is more vociferous amongst the out of town support.

People like The Warrior I have a lot of respect for in that yes, you are supporting our club from the other side of the world.

My original point was not one of anti-OOT'ers - it's just that reading through the threads post-Besiktas it was fairly clear who is a local fan and who isn't.

On the basis of?

Have you got black curly hair and a black moustache? ..and go around asking for work? of course not (I hope!)

Stop stereo-typing ffs...
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #52: Oct 25, 2007 04:11:29 pm

I dont recall having posted a comment in the in the "Post Besiktas" thread, negative or otherwise...

I am very careful in just what I do & dont comment on, (feel free to access all my previous posts and try to find a negative player/ manager comment, good luck) because I dont have enough knowledge yet.

This is one of the reasons why Im on this forum, to learn more about this club and experience the support for OUR team
      the opportunity to do so without the internet is impossible...information through no fault of my own is non existant in just about any other form

maybe because your problem with the negative comments was on the Besiktas thread, that is where your reply should have been made

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #53: Oct 25, 2007 04:13:15 pm
      If G&H or Parry really knew about some of the "local" attitude towards OOT's they would be horrified...

Liverpool FC is a global phenomenon and G&H and Parry want to make the "LFC product" even bigger and more widespread ... and sampled via the new stadium, so some "local" peeps need to start getting real and smelling some expresso coffee, cos it's only going to get worse from their point of view...

Yes I know I've stereo-typed locals - but hey I've read hundreds of posts stereo-typing OOT's...and I'm frankly getting SICK of it.

WE ARE ALL LIVERPOOL FC. WE ARE A GLOBAL SPIRIT.

YNWA.

koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #54: Oct 25, 2007 04:20:57 pm
      Seeing as some people are having difficulty then I have highlighted the important bits.

On the basis of?

Have you got black curly hair and a black moustache? ..and go around asking for work? of course not (I hope!)

Stop stereo-typing ffs...

koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #55: Oct 25, 2007 04:22:04 pm
      I dont recall having posted a comment in the in the "Post Besiktas" thread, negative or otherwise...

I never said post Besiktas thread - I said in the threads 'post Besiktas'.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #56: Oct 25, 2007 05:10:59 pm
      this discussion should be called "knob head supporters vs proper supporters"

A hell of a lot of locals love to say its the fault of ooters that the atmosphere at Anfield is cack wake up lads the locals can be every bit as quite as ooters and are more likely not to wear colours to the game.

Its been said that local "fans" are happy to sell they're tickets off for a little profit instead of going the game thats outstanding support

Now I admit there is a hell of a lot of ooters who are complete knobs only going so they can say they were at anfield or cos they were in Liverpool for the weekend on the piss they got a ticket for the game and that sickens me.

But there are ooters who break there balls and there bank a/c to get to games cos they love L.F.C same as there are locals who are quite possibly the best fans in the world

so lets end this stupid debate

Y.N.W.A
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #57: Oct 25, 2007 06:37:53 pm
      You can't judge someones passion for the club by the difference in distance to where they live and how close to the Anfield they are.

And anyone who thinks that should be ashamed because thats discrimanation and in all my 12 years so far supporting this beloved club and what it stands for , i've never heard that stereotyping/discrimanation is a characteristic of Liverpool or Liverpool Football club.          YNWA
      bdavis184
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #58: Oct 25, 2007 07:20:14 pm
      I believe that oot's are solid fans, we take twice as much stick as the regular scouse fans, because we have to justify supporting a club that is geographically miles away. i've followed the reds for over 30 years. I married a scouser and have always been made welcome by the people of Liverpool.
      for the people who call  out of town fans, I've just got one thing to say, " we wear our hearts on our sleeves and our colours with pride, we feel the pain of defeat and the jubilation of victory."
      As for the people who call oot's glory hunters, for my 30 years support there have been alot more dark years than glory filled ones, but i still wear my colours and still love my team, my club and my adopted city.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #59: Oct 25, 2007 09:05:56 pm
      Not too many dark years in the last 30. I don't think anyone was slagging oot fans off on here
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #60: Oct 25, 2007 09:40:28 pm
      People from outside Liverpool do not have the same passion for the reds as Scousers do.   :shock:

Discuss....

So what if they don't have the same passion? What if someone moved away from Liverpool for a job/love/want to, does that make them less passionate? IMO, no it doesn't. I know some people are more passionate about LFC than others, me for instance, my first team are Cardiff and always will be, but I can still follow LFC right ? As aw1 said, you can't judge someone's passion for a team on where they live.
      « Last Edit: Oct 25, 2007 09:43:13 pm by Nicola »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #61: Oct 25, 2007 09:50:02 pm
      I think KK has highlighted a good point in this respect Nicola.

Next week you will be cheering on Cardiff against Liverpool.  Would any local Liverpool fan ever support anyone over the reds?
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #62: Oct 25, 2007 10:30:03 pm
      So what if they don't have the same passion? What if someone moved away from Liverpool for a job/love/want to, does that make them less passionate? IMO, no it doesn't. I know some people are more passionate about LFC than others, me for instance, my first team are Cardiff and always will be, but I can still follow LFC right ? As aw1 said, you can't judge someone's passion for a team on where they live.

I agree with your point on.. you can't judge someone's passion for a team on where they live, but having your second team as liverpool just doesnt cut it. Myself born and bred in liverpool, theres only one team to support, no seconds or thirds, even england take a back seat for me. My club liverpool first, everything else last.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #63: Oct 25, 2007 10:30:41 pm
      LFC IS A GLOBAL PRODUCT.

Live with it. Get used it - cos it's going to get bigger and better and it's coming to a new stadium near you soon.

Ask G&H or Parry or even Liverpool Tourist Board if OOT are welcome... rest my case.

I live in Madrid and they have that concept VERY clear here with Real Madrid. Global Product- Global Audience - Global Fan Base.

...and BTW you can't imagine the sh*t I get from the "locals" here for supporting Liverpool - but I do - because I love the club, the city and it's people... who eat, sleep and most of all drink footy like no other city on earth.

YNWA.
      Cy
      Reply #64: Oct 25, 2007 11:02:01 pm
      Deep breath everyone. 

Didn't say I agreed with it did I?

Just asking the question.

Some people just have issues with 'out of towners' preventing 'local' fans from getting hold of tickets to watch their 'local' club.
      On the subject, it is utterly nonsense, Paul, Court and other demonstrated enough why, so I won't go there..

I quoted you there because it is 2 different issues, been an "out of towers" preventing local fans to get ticket has nothing to do with passion or love of the club...Nowdays most big club are internationally recognize, so this notion of local club is fading away in term of how it is run as a business, in term of tradition and history its different.

Now that the fact that locals lads and ladies can't get ticket is something who would probably deserved to be discussed as a new topic..
      MsGerrard
      Reply #65: Oct 25, 2007 11:53:09 pm
      LFC IS A GLOBAL PRODUCT.

Live with it. Get used it - cos it's going to get bigger and better and it's coming to a new stadium near you soon.

Ask G&H or Parry or even Liverpool Tourist Board if OOT are welcome... rest my case.

I live in Madrid and they have that concept VERY clear here with Real Madrid. Global Product- Global Audience - Global Fan Base.

...and BTW you can't imagine the sh*t I get from the "locals" here for supporting Liverpool - but I do - because I love the club, the city and it's people... who eat, sleep and most of all drink footy like no other city on earth.

YNWA.

Donrafael, I was wondering why you support Liverpool if you live in Madrid, are you from Liverpool originally? are you English or Spanish?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #66: Oct 26, 2007 12:39:12 am

YNWA.

That I whole heartedly agree with and I'll tell you this. F*CK the 'locals' and the sh*t you get.

I don't know G&H, Parry or even the Liverpool Tourist board to ask them. But I think we're all smart enough to know that already. No case needs resting Don.
      Being a massive club and having to keep up with the times financially, it's inevitable that 'all' are welcome.

LFC IS A GLOBAL PRODUCT.

I have no idea whether you're a scouser, a 'wool', 'OOT' or whatever else - doesn't matter. I'm just baffled as to why and who you're telling to live with it and get used to it? Personally, I'll never get used to it. It's my local club.
      I've said this before. It doesn't matter where you've been, where you are or where you're going to. All that counts is that you're red through and through and will support the reds no matter what situation. That's all that matters. It's that simple. Unconditional love and devotion.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #67: Oct 26, 2007 02:16:08 am
      I'm having a difficult time listening to all this negativity from all you people.  Too late? - we haven't lost a game yet in the league and we're 4th with a game in hand.

It really is at times like this that a clear dividing line is always shown between the local die-hard support and the non-local experts.

People from outside Liverpool do not have the same passion for the reds as Scousers do.   :shock:

Discuss....

you obviously have something against OOT's koolkiddy, 2 posts on the same thing witch creates negativity? I can understand about the ticket situation at anfeild but we are getting a new stadium that should cancel out this problem. when I move over there I'm buying a season ticket.

over here in aus we welcome anyone into our clubs, and the Aussie bastardization of football dont need the financial backing of other people outside because the sport is only played here, but we still welcome them with open arms because they love the club and the game.
      how i was turned on to LFC was when i was back in primary school in a new year i met a new classmate that talked funny, i asked him where he came from. he said "leiverpooel" , the rest is obvious. hes a scouser living in aus, i have 6 proper scouse mates living within a few kms of me. whats the difference between me and them? im still a pommy englishman, tho i was born in Nottingham. we all support the same club and they think the whole OOTs thing is Bullshit!

I too would be annoyed if I couldn't get a ticket because of OOTS, but all I can say to that is you should have bought your ticket earlier!
      Gone are the days when a club in Europe can support itself by just the locals, it needs the rest of Europe and beyond to stay among the elite clubs nowadays. do you thing Barcelona are gonna stop selling there shirts in another country just because the locals dont like it? fu*k no they wont stop. and if liverpool were to do so, we would sink financially and eventually sink on the ladder too.

so yeah I do understand about the seating but to everyone out there who thinks about seating as a problem, just get of your ass instead of spending you time crying on here about it and buy a ticket before some else does. I know the first thing I'm gonna do when I get to liverpool is buy my tickets. ;)
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007 02:25:06 am by DOBBS83 »
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #68: Oct 26, 2007 08:26:04 am
      I am shocked and very dispointed that this post has raised it ugly head again.
      We have had a few posts on this subject, all i can say it wrong, a Liverpool fan is a Liverpool fan no matter where they come from.
      I have been watching Liverpool since 1962, and i have watched the Liverpool fans grow over the years, not just in Liverpool but from all over the world, and its great to see them, some spend lots of money coming to see the match, which is good for the club and the city of Liverpool.
      Over my lot of years i have been to match's where the ground was only half full, now most of are games are sell outs, some of my lads cant get tickets to watch a game, but they don't hold against anyone, we need a bigger ground ( LONG OVER DUE ) now we are getting one.
      As i have said in past posts, I'm lucky my wife and i go all over the world, and its great walking in a bar to watch Liverpool and seeing so many fans there, and long may it go on.

Anybody who holds our great club to heart, in my mind has a little bit of there heart in our great city.

SO LETS DRAW A LINE UNDER THIS CRAP, AND STAND TOGETTER AS ONE, FOR ARE GREAT TEAM.
      Have a good day. ;D

Quick Reply