Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Kuyt - In The Bag

Read 2252 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Aug 17, 2006 02:59:17 pm
      Looks like Rafa got his man, lets hope he does the buisness for us this Season.
      Good signing.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #1: Aug 17, 2006 03:07:51 pm
      im confused.... kuyt wanted newcastle...lpool....new castle.... now we have agreed a fee dont understand it KUYT YOU BETTER DO GOOD
      Dulls
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #2: Aug 17, 2006 03:28:48 pm
      I understand your doubts towards Kuyt. But I can tell you he never wanted to go to Newcastle. In fact, everyone around here always knew that he would go to Liverpool. Every rumour about a different club didn't bother us at all.

He always dreamed of playing for Liverpool. Give the guy a break!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #3: Aug 17, 2006 03:40:31 pm
      Well said mate, it's only our pathetic sports papers that come out with utter b8ll8xs about players wanting to go here or there. The truth is he wanted to come to Liverpool and has never said his desire for the barcodes.
      I just hope he can adapt to the Prem quickly, and ram many a goal down the throats of Chelski, Moanchester Urinals etc.
      His workrate is second to none, he is a team player, and sets up goals as well as scoring them.
      Good luck to the lad.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #4: Aug 17, 2006 04:52:59 pm
      cant wait to see him in a red shirt as ive only heard good things of him. rafa certainly has "options" now
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #5: Aug 17, 2006 05:05:01 pm
      it dont matter what team he wanted to play for he is a professional footballer and i'm sure if and when he arrives he will do a professional job for the club
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #6: Aug 17, 2006 05:46:39 pm
      true thats what hes bein payed for
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 146 posts |
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #7: Aug 17, 2006 10:38:50 pm
      not seen him much and i will always support a new red player.;however he didn't impress me much in Germany. can anyone who knows dutch footie let us in on what the craftsman is like plse.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #8: Aug 17, 2006 11:08:01 pm
      71 goals in a 101 games, he creates a lot as well and is a technical all round player, pace is average for a striker.

With regards to the world cup he gives a fvck El Hadj Diouf had a great world cup and turned out to be a disaster, next season we will hopefully play something in the region of 60 games which is a bit longer than 2 weeks. I think he has a good attitude he turned down double the wages at NUFC because playing for a great club is more important, with his character and ability I think he will be a very good player for us.
      Dulls
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #9: Aug 17, 2006 11:21:42 pm
      He was our captain. By far the most popular player of the team because of his working spirit. His stamina is absolutely superb, keeps on going for 90 minutes. That's probably his weakness too! When the team is under a lot of pressure he tends to leave his spot in front of goal to get the ball himself.

In the box, he's deadly! If you judge him on his goals, he's currently probably the second best after (I can't believe I'm saying this) Huntelaar from that club in Amsterdam.

His record for the last 4 seasons:

2002/03 FC Utrecht  34 20 Eredivisie  
      2003/04 Feyenoord 34 20 Eredivisie  
      2004/05 Feyenoord 34 29 Eredivisie  
      2005/06 Feyenoord 33 22 Eredivisie  

However, most people forget his many assists which almost every season are as much goals he made.

He's not a right-winger as Van Basten uses him! He isn't that good in passing 3 or more players with nice moves. That's why Van Persie plays for Holland. As Holland plays a lot like "that club in Amsterdam" Huntelaar is first choice as striker. A real Feyenoord-supporter doesn't support the Dutch team anyway....

I'll see if I can find some video of his goals is you'd like that.

Your forums will be crawling with Feyenoord-supporters for the first couple of weeks, if you want me to leave, just say so...
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #10: Aug 17, 2006 11:42:07 pm
      i just hope he's worth the money after all of this.
      Dulls
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #11: Aug 17, 2006 11:56:09 pm
      He's better than Van Nistelrooy. That guy can't get passed 3 defenders on his own too! Van Nistelrooy did proved himself in the Premier League though.

I'll never forget the game against Ajax 2 (?) seasons ago when Van Der Vaart was messing with our stand by giving us the finger. Two minutes later Kuyt raised his thumb after a amazing tackle on Van Der Vaart's knee :)

He still understands the life of the normal working class and what it costs to be a true fan.

Take care of this guy...  I'll stop posting about him, after all... I'm not gay...
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #12: Aug 18, 2006 12:05:51 am
      well we'll have good options up front anyway pace on the wings and strikers who score !
      KopCity
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #13: Aug 18, 2006 12:44:09 am
      I jus Hope Fowler will get some play i got a feeling he is our 4th striker..
      Chris B
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Kuyt - In The Bag
      Reply #14: Aug 18, 2006 10:23:50 am
      For me this is one of our best signing this closed season, and if he can adapt quickly he'll be smashing the ball in the back of the the net before we know it  :D  :D  :D

Quick Reply