Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Steve Bennet wins 3-0

Read 7333 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Re: Steve Bennet wins 3-0
      Reply #46: Mar 24, 2008 12:59:36 am
      IF MICKEY is a real red i will eat my missus yuo are not on the wavelenght my friend
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #47: Mar 24, 2008 01:04:29 am
      We are all aware that refs have bad games as well as players, that isn't the point. The point is, if a ref has a bad game, he makes decisions players, fans and management fail to understand on both sides. Fair enough. But when the decisions are mainly one sided, you have to question their integrity. Today Bennett was pretty awefull and anyone who saw his performance must surely be of the same opinion, he favoured the mancs. I'm not suggesting he lost us the game, we contributed enough ourselves to that, but he was obviously bias. Will he be demoted. No I think not. His awefull performances could cost clubs untold ammounts of financial losses and he won't have to justify it. Get the fourth oficial with the video evidence to instruct the refs, and sub them if they're rap.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #48: Mar 24, 2008 01:52:33 pm
      He's from Kent, if I see the pr**k I'll bash him round the head with a baseball bat lmao  ;D

Stupid manc lover!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #49: Mar 24, 2008 02:23:32 pm
      One final point about yesterday - maybe, just maybe the rest of the squad are sh*t scared of Masch!!!!

I mean that can be the only reason why they never went over to get a grip of the Argie nutcase, and lets face it we all know Jav would fill in Stevie.

Also liked the way nani bounced off Skittle yesterday, and for the their first goal, any claim of a push on Skittle by Tanorama
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #50: Mar 24, 2008 03:45:11 pm
      The ref spoiled the game but Masch should have know bettter already on a yellow why get involved?and where was Gerrard when it all kicked off?,i dont think the sending off made a differnce to the outcome we never turned up and were disappointing to say the least.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #51: Mar 24, 2008 07:06:49 pm
      A word of irony... last season was at Anfield for Masch's Anfield debut vs Sheff Utd.

The ref that day was a real homer... gave us everything... inc. two dodgy pens converted by Robbie Fowler... and the MOTM?  - Javier Mascherano on his debut...

...and the ref that day? the one and only Steve Bennett.

How the world goes round....
      MsGerrard
      Reply #52: Mar 24, 2008 09:37:14 pm

The ref that day was a real homer... gave us everything...
      ...and the ref that day? the one and only Steve Bennett.

How the world goes round....

It's a pity he wasn't a bit more lenient yesterday instead of being influenced by the OT scum >:(
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #53: Mar 24, 2008 09:39:54 pm
      It's a pity he wasn't a bit more lenient yesterday instead of being influenced by the OT scum >:(

Masch was more to blame than the ref... it was bubbling well before the 2nd yellow.

I noticed Rio have a word with the ref when Masch kept going "F off" to the ref after a tackle...after his booking... Rio knows how to twist a ref or two...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #54: Mar 24, 2008 10:12:37 pm
      Ferdinand probably told Bennet to send him off and like a good little boy he did as he was told. ::)

Masch was more to blame than the ref... it was bubbling well before the 2nd yellow.

I agree Don that Masch was stupid to get so involved, but a good referee would have taken him to one side well before things got out of control and had a stern word, that ref lost it yesterday........so did Masch. BUT he's only 23, young and impetuous and in the heat of the moment he lost his cool. We all do things we regret later, and I'm sure Masch is kicking himself today for what happened yesterday.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #55: Mar 24, 2008 11:01:11 pm
      In the extreme heat of battle gents Masch or any other player is well within their right to question a decision.  That is not to say a player is able to show disrespect, use foul language or argue with a ref.  Bennet was extremely free with his cards yesterday and that inconsistancy is what is pissing everybody off.  Because Ashley Cole acted a pr**k Wednesday ref's have obviously been told to enforce the letter of the law alot more.  But if the game was played a few weeks ago Masch would not have been sent off...  Torres also did not deserve to be booked which led to Masch's dismissal!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #56: Mar 24, 2008 11:40:28 pm
      The decision he got wrong was the Torres booking.  If he hadn't have made that mistake then the Mascherano incident may not have happened.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #57: Mar 25, 2008 07:22:52 am
      Lets face it Ferguson is the master of manipulation as far referees are concerned,every time he has a big match coming up he will start working on the ref concerned about how harsh they are on Manure and too lenient on the opposing team.He always gets maximum publicity  and makes sure it is well covered on the TV,Radio and the press.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #58: Mar 25, 2008 08:29:54 am
      Well done the FA.

Well done Bennet.

You've made an example of how you will stand no questioning of the referee's decisions.

The fact that you've ignored a player being nullified by being kicked into kingdom come and picked on a team that has one of the better records for not questioning the ref's decisions is neither here nor there.

Again, well done!

I think we should now adopt a policy for the rest of the season of having no discussions with the referees in any way unless absolutely necessary (calling the toss comes to mind).  Just stare at them tight lipped.  After all you can't be booked for dissent if you don't say anything.  They might then get the message.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #59: Mar 25, 2008 08:38:17 am
      Fergie's a w**ker. Bennett was manipulated. Mascherano was plain idiotic.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #60: Mar 25, 2008 12:39:45 pm
      The decision he got wrong was the Torres booking.  If he hadn't have made that mistake then the Mascherano incident may not have happened.

I don't agree Masch was a walking loony in that first half... any other incident would have seen him probably get him sent off for dissent (he must have mouth f-off 10 times to the ref...before the Torres booking, one of which even Rio seems to say something to the ref about "respect") or even worse Masch would have got into a fight later in the game, he was that pumped-up...

Masch will learn from this... he is a young guy and full of ability.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #61: Mar 25, 2008 01:52:51 pm
      They seem to want to ban him for all of the arsenal games now. How much of a fix would that be. I hope they see sense and keep it to a one match ban
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #62: Mar 25, 2008 01:54:34 pm
      He can only be banned for one Arsenal match, the others are in the CL so don't count for the ban.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #63: Mar 25, 2008 01:55:28 pm
      They seem to want to ban him for all of the arsenal games now. How much of a fix would that be. I hope they see sense and keep it to a one match ban
      They Can only ban him for the EPL game, and not the CL games, may work to our advantage.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #64: Mar 25, 2008 02:02:05 pm
      O yeah true i forgot about that guys thanks for clearing that up. But still, that Arsenal prem game is an important one both for points in the prem andd psychologically for the CL second leg (in my eyes anyway)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #65: Mar 25, 2008 02:19:27 pm
      He's going to be fired up when he's back that's for sure. Hope this won't work against him though, as we saw against the Mancs that he is the one player who doesn't need additional firing-up, he just is, all the time! ;) Seriously though, I'm sure Rafa will have explained all this to him and the need to channel his rage and frustration into his gameplay, he'll come back stronger than ever IMO.

They Can only ban him for the EPL game, and not the CL games, may work to our advantage.

An excellent point, because he's going to be rested for the Champion's League games, but he won't be losing form by being out too long or be over-tired by having played too many games in a short space of time. I think we're going to see Mascherano at his awesome best.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #66: Mar 25, 2008 10:11:15 pm
      I think masch would have ended up getting sent off at some point anyway. I dont think he was sent off because he was asking what happened, it was probably because he ran 20 odd yards to do so. There was no need for him to get involved but then again if Bennet had done his job properly and not booked Torres for pointing out that he was being kicked alot then Masch would never have ran 20 yards to ask what happened. I like the way that the United players were pointing out how many times Masch had been spoken to by the ref but did not get booked and if i remember rightly Rio Cuntinand ran about 20 yards to say it was the 3rd time Masch had given away a free kick but the ref then went and spoke to Masch, so if he booked Torres for pointing out how many times he had been fouled then surley Rio should have been booked.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #67: Mar 26, 2008 12:58:46 pm
      Hmmm....  Masch was too emotional and loss his head but he's far from being violent just being grumpy, what do we expect in such a highly charged game? But hey, look at the positives in every crisis there's an opportunity and he's overly emotional because he's passionate, maybe overly passionate about  the club. Well said, Masc ran 20yards to seek justice for the team and doesn't that tells us something about his loyalty for the club? Look at how Rafa calmed him down by holding Masc's face in both his hands and that was really touchy and Masch was at its lowets ebb and the fatherly figure of Rafa comes to his protection. Well done Rafa, i take my hats off for you and rest assure Masc. would double his effort in the next game in return of your support. I would have been a very satisfied supporter if we had 11 Masc. playing with the same passion and we could have turned half the draws into victories. Masc. is a through and through a fighter, I bet he's wounded at the moment but he'll emerged a more mature player.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #68: Mar 26, 2008 07:25:33 pm
      Tommy Mascherano = Scouse

Therefore he hates mancs. To be honest he tore round Old trafford like he'd just been dragged out of our away end.

If anything it will help Masch learn to control his temper in high profile games (remember Owen being sent off for twatting Johnsen with a challenge and being sent-off) never done his career harm did it?

Oh for all the nobheads slagging him off in the echo tonight - thats a bit low, as much as we get wound up playing them, we've never really had a great record at OT, so blaming ........................ ......oh hang on, the derby's on Sunday and it's the echo there all f***in blues

Quick Reply