Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are you happy for us to be going after David Bentley?

Yes. Very good player with great potential.
      51 (60.7%)
      No. We could do better going after someone else.
      19 (22.6%)
      Undecided.
      14 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 83

David Bentley (Blackburn)

Read 28051 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Re: David Bentley (Blackburn)
      Reply #207: Jun 02, 2008 09:35:43 pm
      I think when Mark Hughes leaves IF then Bentley will make his intentions crystal clear!  The next level of football is awaiting him and he knows that and the manager leaving will encourage him to further express his intentions.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #208: Jun 03, 2008 08:56:20 am
      I think if Hughes goes, Bentley goes. I know if the boss of the club i was playing for was leaving and CL football awaited, i would in a heartbeat. Think of the rebuilding Blackburn would go through. No brainer for mine, if Hughes goes then Bentley is out the door too and we must make sure we're first to him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #209: Jun 03, 2008 11:52:42 am
      Valencia have said that they will seriously review any offers made for David Silva so maybe Rafa should totally forget about Bentley and go for Silva
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #210: Jun 03, 2008 12:44:01 pm
      No, sorry.. Still Bentley for me over Silva.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #211: Jun 03, 2008 08:28:00 pm
      No, sorry.. Still Bentley for me over Silva.

Out of curiosity why would you prefer Bentley over Silva?

Silva is most probably the better player out of the two and he is 4 or 5 years younger so therefore offers a far greater prospect
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #212: Jun 03, 2008 10:49:55 pm
      Bentley's a done deal from what I hear.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #213: Jun 04, 2008 03:17:45 am
      Bentley's a done deal from what I hear.

Where'd you hear that mate? I searched it on google but still only being linked.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #214: Jun 04, 2008 06:52:38 pm
      if ronaldo leaves scum will not buy bentley they will go for somone world class like ribery id love if they replaced ronaldo with bentley but they are hardly going to buy a sub international right midfielder to replace a superstar
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #215: Jun 04, 2008 07:32:37 pm

Silva is most probably the better player out of the two and he is 4 or 5 years younger so therefore offers a far greater prospect

He's actually only a year and a half younger than Bentley. He is definately a better player than bentley though.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #216: Jun 04, 2008 09:26:19 pm
      He's actually only a year and a half younger than Bentley. He is definately a better player than bentley though.

Blimey, i thought Bentley was quite a few years younger
      Cy
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      Reply #217: Jun 04, 2008 09:36:29 pm
      Bentley if its a done deal like you said JD will be a good buy for us. That will bring an other English player in our squad, which can only be good and will gives us more talent on the wing. He is not one of my favorite player but will do a better job then what we have at the minute. Not to mention that will put at rest any possibility for Stevie to play on the right.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #218: Jun 04, 2008 10:52:03 pm
      Where'd you hear that mate? I searched it on google but still only being linked.

Via Anfield.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #219: Jun 04, 2008 11:13:05 pm

I always knew you were Rafa in disguise.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #220: Jun 04, 2008 11:43:49 pm
      Blimey, I thought Bentley was quite a few years younger

Nah he's still pretty young. Only 23, turns 24 in august i think, thats one of the things that makes me want us to sign him, he's still young and has alot of potential. Seems older than he is i used to think he was too. Given the choice i'd take Silva over him but thats no disrespect to the quality of bentley more just a compliment to Silvas talent. I'd be over the moon if we signed both this summer.
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #221: Jun 05, 2008 02:54:49 am

Just don't want to see us sign an untried player in the Premiership that will take some time to adjust. Bentley on the other hand is a better bet to hit the ground running and give us the good start we need next season. And I just like Bentley's style.

Just my opinion is all..

Cheers.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #222: Jun 06, 2008 04:20:36 pm
      Rafa Benitez is reported to be looking very hard at David Bentley as the solution to his right wing problems. With FIFA looking to ram through their 6+5 proposal, Liverpool could be looking to add more Englishmen to the squad. English players of the appropriate quality but who aren’t already owned by Chelsea or Manchester United can be difficult to locate, but in Garth Barry and Bentley, Liverpool may have found a pair.

Blackburn may not have much choice when it comes to losing their star. Having missed out on a UEFA Cup place, they’ve also recently lost manager Mark Hughes to Manchester City. The winger is expected to lead the list of players who will look elsewhere for success.

One hindrance will be the transfer fee. With the boardroom scuffles still without a winner, there is no huge chest of cash awaiting Benitez. Any deal will have to wait for Xabi Alonso’s sale and will most likely involve a switch of one of Liverpool’s unneeded players. Peter Crouch, Scott Carson, and John Arne Riise are believed to be available.

Bentley, who has recently broken into the England squad, could be breaking into the top four so many years after leaving Arsenal.

Source KOP-TV

Nothing that I would call new but thought I'd post just for the record.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #223: Jun 06, 2008 04:22:43 pm
      The only way i would want bently over quaresma is if this rule is pushed through
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #224: Jun 06, 2008 04:35:44 pm
      That 6 by 5 rule will never be in place.  Never.

But.  I also heard elsehwere that Rafa isn't interested in Bentley.  It was posted somewhere in a different topic this morning so I'm not sure!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #225: Jun 06, 2008 04:47:08 pm
      Apparently he thinks £15 million is too much. I cant see them asking for that much with hughes gone, he was the one asking for that much mainly due to his manc connections.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #226: Jun 06, 2008 09:11:59 pm
      15 million is way to much for a lad that has had one half decent season who has yet to prove himself at any decent level, really disappointed with our summer targets and im even more disappointed with the fans on here that seriously think liverpool can mount a title bid after signing barry, bentley, dossena, and deggen, in all fairness any liverpool fans of a decent age who has supported liverpool for a long time and have a half a knowledge of football have completely agreed with me and are very disappointed with our summer developments, i havent really seen us linked to a striker yet and with crouch supposely on his way does that mean us relying more on voronin up front next season god help us if torres gets injured
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #227: Jun 07, 2008 03:59:24 am
      We dont need another striker in the mould of Torres. Maybe Rafa is sticking to his words of shifting Ryan up front next season and looking to bolster his flanks. Does make sense doesnt it according to our targets? Riera and Silva for the left, Bentley and Pennant for the right or if JP goes then Yossi comes in there.

On Bentley, 15 million wont be the price for him. Blackburn have no manager, he wants CL football and we can give him that, all these factors play into our hands and with Rafa being the businessman he is he will negotiate a deal suitable for us. I dont see him going to Spurs, they offer nothing for next season and he wont go to another top 4 club as the only one linked to him (Chelsea) has no manager.

Crouchinho looks into his crystal ball and see's Bentley coming for 12 million.

:D :D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #228: Jun 07, 2008 04:55:18 pm
      don't want bentley full stop dont think he will add anything to the side, silva is quick creative and can beat a man exactly what we need, do people forget bentley was with arsenal 2 years ago and he was sold for peanuts, do fans on here really think wenger would have sold him if he was that good, some fans on here need a real reality check, if this lad comes he will not succeed, his ego is bigger than his talent which is vastly overrated, i hope im not on here saying i told ye so in a couple of months about bentley, barry, dossena and deggen
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #229: Jun 08, 2008 12:15:32 am
      Crouchinho looks into his crystal ball and see's Bentley coming for 12 million.

Take a look in there and see if no.19 is coming home to us willya...  :P

Quick Reply