Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are you happy for us to be going after David Bentley?

Yes. Very good player with great potential.
      51 (60.7%)
      No. We could do better going after someone else.
      19 (22.6%)
      Undecided.
      14 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 83

David Bentley (Blackburn)

Read 27897 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: David Bentley (Blackburn)
      Reply #276: Jul 04, 2008 12:03:46 am
      I think its becomming less and less likely that we will be getting him
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #277: Jul 04, 2008 12:47:00 am
      Were definately not getting him, we have gone cold on him. You can tell when were not interestedi na a player anymore, just like the maxi rodriguez thing.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #278: Jul 04, 2008 12:57:53 am
      Were definately not getting him, we have gone cold on him. You can tell when were not interestedi na a player anymore, just like the maxi rodriguez thing.
      Lets hope it's Silva we're concentrating on ;) not Downing or Milner >:(
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #279: Jul 04, 2008 04:06:52 am
      Personally i dont think its over. It hasnt gone quiet with us only on him, but every club and he wont be staying i dont think. I still have hope.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #280: Jul 04, 2008 03:09:02 pm
      I hope we dont get him,much better players than him.I agree we should focus on Silva.
      lupus_hegemonia
      • Strong & Eternal LFC supporter!
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -9 
      • From Aegean Sea... we're coming to support LFC!
      Reply #281: Jul 07, 2008 02:23:12 pm
      A good lad, for Anfield Road.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #282: Jul 29, 2008 11:10:42 pm
      Just seen the breaking news on ssn and he is having a medical at spurs in the morning so i think it will be highly unlikely that we will get him now.

23.00 Sky Sports News understands that David Bentley will undergo a medical at Tottenham on Wednesday morning. A deal to take the Blackburn winger to White Hart Lane is expected to be pushed through in the next 24 hours

^^^^^^
      the transfer clockwatch
      http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #283: Jul 30, 2008 02:58:54 am
      Just seen the breaking news on ssn and he is having a medical at spurs in the morning so I think it will be highly unlikely that we will get him now.

^^^^^^
      the transfer clockwatch
      http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html

Always thought he would be a good addition to the squad to be honest. Would take him over Kuyt on the right any day. Couldn't and still can't understand why Rafa went after Barry so hard and yet didn't show interest in Bentley to the same extent.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #284: Jul 30, 2008 03:00:51 am
      Missed the Bentley boat. Disappointing.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #285: Jul 30, 2008 03:27:09 pm
      Hopefully the Silva Ship has'nt sailed
      Kopkingo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #286: Jul 30, 2008 05:43:52 pm
      Don't think Bentley has the attitude for us.  Glad we aren't going for him.  Much rather Silva
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #287: Jul 30, 2008 05:55:16 pm
      I think Bentley is a good player but I am not too disappointed we missed out on him. Any word on the price Spurs paid?
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #288: Jul 30, 2008 10:55:51 pm
      I think Bentley is a good player but I am not too disappointed we missed out on him. Any word on the price Spurs paid?

17m according to reports around the web.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #289: Jul 30, 2008 11:02:29 pm
      still some time for rafa to go and gazump spurs :D
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #290: Jul 31, 2008 07:26:34 am
      I think David Bentley will go to Spurs, and I think Blackburn will put a offer in for Pennant.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #291: Jul 31, 2008 10:21:46 am
      I think David Bentley will go to Spurs, and I think Blackburn will put a offer in for Pennant.

Well guessed ;)

Tottenham complete Bentley switch 

Bentley started his career with Spurs' fierce rivals Arsenal
      Tottenham have bolstered their ranks with the signing of midfielder David Bentley from Blackburn Rovers.

The club confirmed to the Stock Exchange on Thursday morning that a £15m deal, potentially rising to £17m, had been agreed for the 23-year-old.

Bentley had a medical on Wednesday and Spurs have called a news conference for 1000 BST on Thursday where they will unveil their new capture.

The signing comes just days after Spurs sold Robbie Keane to Liverpool.

A statement from Tottenham plc read: "Tottenham Hotspur plc is pleased to announce that agreement has been reached with Blackburn Rovers for the transfer of the registration of the England international midfielder, David Bentley, age 23 years, to Tottenham Hotspur FC for a total consideration of £15m and up to an additional £2m payable upon future performances.

"The player's contract is for a period of up to six years."

England international Bentley joined Rovers in 2006 and extended his contract last year but made it clear he wanted to move on.

Tottering Hotspur
      He is now expected to travel to Holland this weekend with his new team-mates to be part of Spurs' pre-season preparations at the Feyenoord Jubileum Tournament.

"I spoke to the Spurs chairman last night and we agreed a fee and a deal in principle for David," said Blackburn chairman John Williams on Wednesday.

As an Arsenal player Bentley was loaned out, first to Norwich in 2004, and then to Blackburn in 2005 before making the switch to Ewood Park permanent the following season.

But Williams refused to be drawn on any possible aspects of the deal which may involve Spurs' North London rivals, with some reports stating Arsenal are set to recoup £7m.

"I am not willing to discuss percentages and sell-on details of monies which may be owed to Arsenal, that's confidential information," he added.

In his time at Blackburn, Bentley has scored 13 goals in 102 Premier League games and won six England caps.

He arrivals follows the signings of forward Giovani Dos Santos, midfielder Luca Modric and Heurelho Gomes by Spurs as manager Juande Ramos strengthens his squad.

The club have also been linked with a move for Russia star Andrei Arshavin, who is at Zenit St Petersburg, while doubts persist over the White Hart Lane future of striker Dimitar Berbatov.

Argentine striker Diego Milito has also all been linked with Spurs this summer.

The club won the Carling Cup last season but finished a disappointing 11th in the Premier League.

--------

Well there goes our winger target.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #292: Jul 31, 2008 10:25:06 am
      Topic to be locked but just before it does i want to say i feel we missed out on a quality player who would have added alot to this side. Shame, but it does free funds for Silva which is the positive news ;D
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #293: Jul 31, 2008 11:02:45 am
      Could never really see it happening to be honest took a bit o flak for that at the time aswell
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #294: Jul 31, 2008 11:56:27 am
      Topic to be locked but just before it does I want to say I feel we missed out on a quality player who would have added alot to this side. Shame, but it does free funds for Silva which is the positive news ;D

Agreed, I think we missed the boat on this one. Silva and Bentley on both wings would have been lethal. Would rather the Barry money have been spent on Bentley, whom is the type of player we don't actually have, where as Barry we have 5-6 players like him.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #295: Jul 31, 2008 05:10:46 pm
      Didn't want him anyway.  :P

Topic locked.

Quick Reply