Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Cristiano Ronaldo

Read 6549 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Cristiano Ronaldo
      Reply #46: Apr 17, 2008 12:38:57 am
      It's a love hate relationship this one!
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #47: Apr 17, 2008 12:44:26 am
      You do have some bad nightmares.  :o..........mind you, Man utd, will be hoping it's Chelsea cos you won't have a cat in hell's chance of beating us  ;D Although like I've already said, you won't beat Barcelona, and then we probably won't ever see you again :lmao:

Now who's dreaming......;)......

We're closing in on your league titles record as well so be afraid, be very afraid..........
      MsGerrard
      Reply #48: Apr 17, 2008 12:53:40 am
      Now who's dreaming......;)......

We're closing in on your league titles record as well so be afraid, be very afraid..........

Don't you think it's past your bedtime  ;D

That's alright, we will let you get close, and then we'll run away with them for the next few years ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #49: Apr 17, 2008 01:05:04 am
      United were never in debt but now we're saddled with a huge debt that requires a huge annual interest to be payed, and that's before they even start to manage the debt. In a few years time I have no idea where United will end up, we've got to enjoy our day in the sun I guess...;)...

The next few years could be very interesting for both Liverpool and Man U. We can't let everton or Man City get close to us now, can we.  :D
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #50: Apr 17, 2008 06:28:29 pm
      Don't you think it's past your bedtime  ;D

That's alright, we will let you get close, and then we'll run away with them for the next few years ;)

Past my bedtime?......

You've got a cheek......

Actually I'm posting from the west of America right now so you can take 8 hours off and it's still early here...

The advantage of course is that when we beat Barcelona (yes I know it's a big if but I'm being optimistic) there's still plenty of time to go out and paint the town red in the afternoon, I know a Scouser and a Chelsea fan over here so there will be much extracting of the urine, you better believe it...
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #51: Apr 17, 2008 06:31:31 pm
      The next few years could be very interesting for both Liverpool and Man U. We can't let everton or Man City get close to us now, can we.  :D

Yeah like that's gonna happen...........:D.............

Thanks for the laugh mate, I needed that.........;)..........
      MsGerrard
      Reply #52: Apr 17, 2008 06:55:30 pm

Yeah I know !! I've got four actually ;) :lmao:
      lıverpool_turkey
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #53: Apr 19, 2008 08:41:51 pm
      cristiano + wayne rooney + scholes = FeRnAnDo ToRrEs
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #54: Apr 19, 2008 10:21:52 pm
      Lost Christiano Ronaldo last seen in Stephen Warnocks pocket.
      MissusFernandoTorres
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      • King of Spain
      Reply #55: Apr 20, 2008 11:10:12 am
      he didn't play well against blackburn though
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #56: Apr 21, 2008 02:37:56 am
      Brilliant individual player, however his team work sucks.

If I was to chose between him or Lionel Messi for instance, I'd take Messi in a flash! What I don't like about Ronaldo is his unintelligence in football. I think he relys too much on his natural instinct rather than trying to use his head and create something out of nothing.

He's more of a goal poacher this season. He's improved on that aswell as scoring from set pieces but his build up play is not all that impressive. He's not a threat to the opposition everytime he gets the ball but if you watch someone like Ronaldinho two years ago or Messi now, as soon as they get the ball they create something out of nothing by using so much intelligence and natural ability.

Ronaldo has a habit of running 20 yards up the field with the ball, he'll stop running to do some step overs and then he'll pass the ball straight back to one of his team mates. A truely great player wouldn't do this, a great player would run 20 yards up the field and beat his man or whoever is in his way. Ronaldo can't use skill while running, other players like Messi or Ronaldinho can!

Ronaldo might be the on form player in Europe right now, but that's because Kaka, Ronaldinho, Eto'o & Messi have had poor seasons by their own standards so Cristiano Ronaldo will take a hollow victory! But watch him play, there are much better footballers out there than Cristiano Ronaldo and anyone who says otherwise needs their heads checking!
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #57: Apr 22, 2008 09:13:20 am
      he's a diver..he's not economical with his step overs...Many of his tricks are just unnecessary.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #58: Apr 23, 2008 05:11:50 pm
      I think Messi is better than him, Ronaldo is great but messi has more to his game and things like the respect he shows for his opponents is what i like about messi whereas ronaldo is disrespectful to opponents with skill that is absolutely pointless at times e.g. against hoyte in the arsenal game.

Messi just needs to get away from his injury troubles and he will be able to show alot more of what he can do.

Quick Reply